Start by marking “This is the End: The Post-Apocalyptic Box Set (7 Book Collection)” as Want to Read:
This is the End: The Post-Apocalyptic Box Set (7 Book Collection)

This is the End: The Post-Apocalyptic Box Set (7 Book Collection)

This is the End includes:

~Contamination Prequel (Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Series) by T.W. Piperbrook

~Affliction Z: Patient Zero (Post Apocalyptic T
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published February 4th 2014 by Thorn publishing

To ask other readers questions about This is the End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is the End

John Podlaski
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a genre overflowing with books, new books published daily. This collection of 7 different zombie books and writers in one book piqued my interest and I decided to take a chance. Unfortunately, there is no summary available for any of the books in the package which caused me to start reading a title that I had absolutely no idea of what to expect. As it were, if the first couple chapters didn't grab my attention or interest I moved on to the next story in the collection. Some reviewers of ...more
Joel Kleehammer
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is another collection that my awesome wife bought me so I would be stocked up on things to read. Here is a roundup of my various status updates to make one (somewhat) coherent review:

Slow Burn: Zero Day by Bobby Adair
"Sometimes, a half-bottle of breakfast tequila just isn't enough to deal with the day's reality." It was awesome. It was both seriously good and very funny, like Shaun of the Dead meets World War Z (with a little Outbreak thrown in). This is the story of your deadbeat stoner fr
Frank
A decent collection of apocalyptic novels. These authors were new to me but they are fairly established; most with a series or two under their belt. All except one are first books in a series so the collection is a bit of a tease. :-)
The stand-alone (Earthfall) was good and there were a few others I will continue with (Slow Burn, The Retreat, Diary of the Displaced, Contamination, and Affliction Z: Patient Zero, ). Well worth the price!
Olivia Rofrits
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 – Slow Burn: Zero Day.
4 star's

Great read. Easy to follow. virus is little different there are different types of infected. Zed and Murphy are slow Burns which they got lucky their between human/infected but act normal. Zed and Murphy was tossed after helping people out. And trying to stay alive and finding safely.

The Retreat #1: Pandemic
4.5 Star's

I have no clue want to say about this infected virus totally different. I won't call them zombies but they are in way with eating and attacking
allan graham
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Always a good way to find new authors
Lourdes Vega
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series and hated when they were all gone.
Mkittysamom
1. Slow Burn: Zero Day 1 - Bobby Adair ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Box Set
2. The Retreat #1: Pandemic by Craig DiLouie; Stephen Knight; Joe McKinney ⭐⭐⭐ Box Set
3. Diary of the Displaced - Book 1 - The Journal of James Halldon - Glynn James⭐⭐⭐⭐ Box Set
4. {***Earthfall - Stephen Knight⭐⭐⭐⭐}
{Really liked this one but is it a single??}
5. Contamination Prequel- TW Piperbrook⭐⭐⭐ Box Set
6. Affliction Z: Patient Zero -L.T. Ryan⭐⭐⭐ Box Set
7. Reversion: The Inevitable Horror (The Portal Arcane Series I) -J. Thorn ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Box Set
Ralph Wark
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Up and down but a great buy for 99 cents

Like most anthologies, the writing varies, or specifically my reaction varies. I think it's a great value and a way to easily discover other writers, and I did. Naturally all are first book of three or so, a way to get you wanting book two. Flynn James "Diary of the Displaced" is a good tale that starts slowly, but the entire series is available for 99 cents. I already own it and am reading the eighth book in James's "Arisen" series, highly recommended.

Th
Bonnie Calhoun
May 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Bleck! The first two stories were good dystopian type stories that made me want to read more of those two. But then the rest of them are either sci-fi or people eating zombie type stories. I really don't like those so I skimmed the rest and put it down. Time to move on to another book.

Not finishing this one.
Araldia
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting collection of post-apocalyptic ideas.

Most of these books are not your usual post-apocalyptic tropes, and the few that do follow a more traditional zombie path deviate in unexpected and delightful ways. A balanced collection of novels and short stories, that has me eager to move on to the second Post-Apocalyptic Box Set.
Virginia Aikens
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mostly Hits

Sometimes these collections are extremely hit or miss, but I felt this one contained mostly hits. The books had some pretty interesting ideas and novel approaches to material that sometimes gets a little stale from over used of classic tropes. I only paid 99 cents, so it was definitely worth the asking price.
Aden
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty good

It is always hard to give box sets a fair rating. As with most, this set had stories ranging from amazing and interesting to confusing and a bit slow. The styles vary enough that I would be willing to bet that most people would find something they enjoy inside.
Mildred mccraw
Aug 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Gruesome, wasted time

Gruesome, wasted time

this should have a rating of zero. unadulterad trash. this series should not have been
published in any form.
when I find out how I will delete it from my kindle my mind.

Sandi
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm not a zombie apocalypse kinda person. It was pretty much gratuitous nastiness and sticky philosophy.
Lori
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Seven books! Most of these were pretty good, one or two were less than stellar, but since I picked it up for 99 cents, I am not unhappy.
Ann  Marie
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Had to take a break. Will get back soon.
Anastasia Cannon
Loved having the first book of multiple series of similar genres.
virginia tucker
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A good read

Kept me wanting more read it quickly. Well written, characters were visible to me , let me create their images in my mind.
Bob Nicholas
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay

just okay couldn't really get into it. had to force myself to finish it. maybe I'll read the next one
Robbie
Jim finished Book 1 on 2-9, read the other six and finished on 2-16. He enjoyed the series and gave between 4.2 and 4.8 stars.
Mike Engelhardt
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
The first book is OK. Then it goes on a tangent......
Amanda Leanne
Vikki Becker
Nov 12, 2014
Jacqueline
Mar 30, 2014
  • Pandemic (The Retreat, #1)
  • Earthfall
  • A Taste of Tomorrow - The Dystopian Boxed Set (11 Book Collection)
  • The Patriot Protocol
  • Double Bind
  • Epic Apocalypse - Apocalyptic Horror Boxed Set - 6+ Bundle
  • A Memory in the Black (The New Aeneid Cycle, #2)
  • Free Fall (Z is for Zombie, #0)
  • Maximum Violence (Arisen, #4)
  • The Echo (After #2)
  • Apocalypse
  • Going Dark (Blackout #0.5)
  • The Discovery of Socket Greeny (Socket Greeny, #1)
  • The Onset (Contamination #1)
  • Stones: Data (Stones #1)
  • SODIUM Harbinger (SODIUM, #1)
  • Return to Woodbury (The Walking Dead #8)
  • Warrior Within (Surviving the Dead, #3)
Want a story that’s rooted in a fundamental aspect of being human?

I believe reading dark fiction can be healing. My overriding mission is to connect with you through my art, and I hope to inspire you to do the same. I’m a word architect and driven visionary. I’m obsessed with heavy metal, horror films and technology. And I admire strong people who are not afraid to speak their mind.

I grew up in an
“According to the Army, after two to four days of little rest, an extended sleep is needed—twelve to fourteen hours.” 0 likes
“hard” 0 likes