Jump to ratings and reviews

Pretty #3

All Things Pretty

**The total length of this novel is 348 pages. The first part (here) is 57,000 words and the additional FREE part two is 26,000 words.**

Pretending to be something they’re not, afraid to trust anyone completely, destined to tear each other apart– this is the story of unlikely love and unbearable consequences.

Sig Locke is a cop. He was raised by a cop and all his brothers are cops. He bleeds blue, believes in right and wrong, and sees in black and white, never in shades of gray.

But that was before he met Tommi.

Tommi, with her long legs and bright green eyes, she captured Sig’s interest from the moment he saw her. Even after he discovered who she was–the girlfriend of a drug dealer, the beauty behind a criminal–he still found her utterly irresistible. What Sig doesn’t know, however, is that she has a secret even a cop can’t uncover.

Tommi Lawrence hasn’t had an easy life, and it only got more complicated the day she met Sig. She learned long ago that she can’t trust anyone. Her gut tells her that Sig is no exception, her heart tells her that he is. But that was before she found out his real identity.

Can love be forged in a fire of lies? Or will the truth destroy them both?

348 pages

First published September 29, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Michelle Leighton

53 books9,512 followers
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels, these days Michelle enjoys letting her mind wander to more romantic settings with sexy Southern guys, much like the one she married and the ones you'll find in her latest books. When her thoughts aren't roaming in that direction, she'll be riding wild horses, skiing the slopes of Aspen or scuba diving with a hot rock star, all without leaving the cozy comfort of her office.

About Michelle: I love coffee and chocolate, even more so when they are combined. I'm convinced that one day they could be the basis for world peace. I also love the color red and am seriously considering dying my hair.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
69 (3%)
1 star
16 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 213 reviews
Profile Image for Mónica.
280 reviews
May 17, 2016
A la historia de Sig le he encontrado más sustancia que a las de Hemi y Reese, así que ha sido un buen cierre de trilogía, porque siendo sincera no esperaba mucho de esta última novela. Pero M. Leighton sigue sin convencerme del todo.
223 reviews2 followers
March 18, 2019
Sarebbe stato molto più bello se fosse stata credibile la parte “poliziesca” e giudiziaria... la storia d’amore infatti mi è piaciuta molto più di quelle dei libri precedenti, ma il contorno così approssimativo ha rovinato un po’ tutto per me!
Profile Image for Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book.
625 reviews652 followers
October 9, 2014
A beautiful girl is stranded on the side of the road and a handsome stranger stops to help her. While this sounds like the perfect meet cute to set up a promising romance, protagonist, Sig Locke is not your typical hero, and his ill-advised love interest, Tommi Lawrence, is not your typical damsel-in-distress. An undercover cop and a girlfriend of a confirmed criminal are an unlikely pair on paper, but their connection is instant and powerful, which leads to them taking potentially deadly risks and exposing themselves to danger. After reading the blurb for All Things Pretty, I knew Sig and Tommi wouldn’t be catching the express train to Happily Ever After, but the journey these two took me on was riddled with secrets, longing, stolen moments of happiness and an implicit threat that casts a pall over the narrative that never lets up, even in the book’s final moments.
While the author has never been one to shy away from situations that are somewhat risqué, All Things Pretty gives new meaning to the term. Sig and Tommi’s individual situations often make it necessary for them to abandon their morals to benefit the bigger picture. Rather than repelling me, their flaws are what drew me to their characters. Tommi remains a bit of a mystery throughout the story, slipping in and out of the veneer she dons to make it through each day. As a reader, Tommi intrigued me and frustrated me, evoking both emotions for the same reason: her secrets remained a mystery, not just from Sig, but from the reader as well. My curiosity was piqued from the second her character was introduced and only grew as I continued to remain clueless.
When it came to creating a hero capable of disrupting Tommi's meticulously structured life, Sig Locke is the perfect distraction. Sig is like a surge of energy, enlivening Tommi with his frequent quips, his devil-may-care outlook, and above all, his primal need for her. Unlike Tommi, Sig is an open book, confident to the point of being cocky, with a natural flirtatiousness that can’t be resisted. I admired Tommi’s restraint when faced with the full brunt of Sig’s charm because I was inwardly shouting at her to further explore their electric chemistry after their very first meeting.

Sig and Tommi’s longing for each other and their shared frustration over the situation in which they have put themselves is palpable and the author only makes it more torturous by prolonging the stolen moments they can act on their desire. As I was reading All Things Pretty, I felt an immovable weight on my chest, created by a combination of tension and anxiety, knowing that it was only a matter of time before the many secrets kept by these characters would be revealed. The prior knowledge that the book would end in a cliffhanger was both a blessing and a curse because, while I knew that there would be questions left unanswered and problems left unresolved, I wasn’t sure at what point the narrative would conclude. Luckily the wait to read the conclusion isn’t long because the cliffhanger left me with an impatient need to find out what happens next.

*complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
Profile Image for Ariannha .
970 reviews
January 11, 2019
Me hubiera gustado una historia un poco mas profunda y con mas desarrollo. Pero es entretenida.
Profile Image for Laci .
989 reviews
December 5, 2014
I'm all about me some M. Leighton books. I have never been disappointed.
Profile Image for Anny.
624 reviews294 followers
August 12, 2016
Me ha gustado bastante, aunque es el que menos me ha gustado de la trilogía. Engancha como todos los anteriores y se lee rápido, pero he sentido que todo avanzaba muy rápido. Pero aún así me he quedado satisfecha con la trilogía y ha sido muy entretenida.
Profile Image for Sarah Black.
54 reviews4 followers
September 27, 2014
M. Leighton can do no wrong! Sig is a sex on a stick, protective alpha male. This is definitely not your typical damsel in distress love story. I can't wait for part 2!
Profile Image for Pat Marín.
Author 3 books258 followers
July 27, 2016
Estoy entre el 3,5 y el 4. Esta historia me ha gustado más que la anterior y creo que está a la altura de la de Hemi y Sloane. Sig se ha convertido en uno de mis personajes preferidos, es la combinación perfecta entre tierno y duro. Tommi por su parte ha tenido una vida muy difícil y ya era hora de que encontrara alguien como Sig. Me ha gustado mucho la relación entre ellos, todo lo que tiene que ver con Travis y poder reencontrarnos un poquito con Sloane y Hemi. Lo que menos me ha convencido es como se resuelve la trama policial, me parece que se arregla todo bastante fácil y me se me ha hecho poco creíble. Pero en general esta historia está bastante bien. Tiene acción, emoción, atracción y amor.
Profile Image for The Reading's Love Blog.
1,340 reviews218 followers
December 16, 2019
RECENSIONE QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.com/...

4.5 stelle

description
Un attesissimo ritorno quello dell’autrice americana M. Leighton che si ripresenta con il terzo volume autoconclusivo della Pretty series; in molte lettrici lo stavate aspettando e con piacere ve ne parlo in questa mia personale recensione. La protagonista di Questa volta non ti dico no è Tommi, una giovane e affascinante ragazza che fin dalle prime pagine scopriamo non essere il prototipo della femminilità per eccellenza.
Infatti lei è una protagonista diversa dalle solite a cui siamo abituate a leggere. Tommi ha carattere, ha grinta, ha coraggio e determinazione. La vedremo riuscire a cambiare una gomma dopo aver bucato nel bel mezzo del nulla senza scheggiarsi le unghie; la sentiremo esplodere con espressioni tipiche di un marinaio e non potremo far altro che sorridere di fronte alle sue imprecazioni. Tommi non è solo questo, perché lei ha un piano da portare a termine e un importante segreto da mantenere a tutti i costi. Cosa ci faccia una donna come lei con un tipo come Tonin, un perfido criminale, è l’interrogativo che più mi ha tenuto sulle spine durante buona parte della lettura. Pagina dopo pagina scopriremo la sua storia, il suo triste passato, e non potremo fare a meno di entrare in simpatia con il suo personaggio. Il coraggio e la grinta con cui affronta la sua difficile quotidianità è esemplare. L’autrice è stata molto brava a non svelare certi particolari fino alla fine, mantenendo sempre alto il mio livello di interesse. Sig, il protagonista maschile, è un aitante poliziotto, il minore dei fratelli Locke, gli agenti di polizia che abbiamo conosciuto ed amato nei precedenti libri della serie. Il loro incontro complicherà da subito la vita ad entrambi e riuscire ad allentare l’attrazione che sentono diventerà molto difficile, in un crescendo ad alta tensione sessuale. Il rischio di farsi coinvolgere è alto ma Tommi non vuole cedere e soprattutto si rifiuta di fidarsi di Sig. Riuscire a togliersi dalla testa il desiderio che sentono li sta dilaniando sempre più. Un poliziotto e la ragazza di un criminale. Entrambi hanno un obiettivo da portare a termine e un segreto da mantenere costi quel che costi. Il piano sembrerebbe essere perfetto, ma quando l’attrazione ci mette lo zampino gli eventi sfuggono di mano ad entrambi. Se amate i romanzi rosa vi consiglio assolutamente di non perdervi questa lettura. Non mancheranno passione, adrenalina e le scene hot che M. Leighton è abilissima nel descrivere. La storia è narrata da entrambi i protagonisti, con uno stile accattivante e scorrevole. L’autrice è molto brava a mantenere un ritmo incalzate e a creare suspense, non svelando fino alla fine i segreti di Tommi. Il suo personaggio è ammirevole, affronta tutto senza paura, con estremo coraggio. Il finale è emozionante, imprevedibile e intenso. Dopo un periodo in cui avevo quasi smarrito il mio amore per il genere romance avevo davvero bisogno di questa lettura…

CONTINUA SUL NOSTRO BLOG. VENITE A TROVARCI
Profile Image for Idoia Martínez.
689 reviews16 followers
May 29, 2020
2,75
La historia de amor es muy bonita y por eso le subo la puntuación.
Tanto Sig como Tommi me han encantado. Son fuertes, luchadores y tiernos. Sig tiene ese punto divertido que lo hace entrañable y Tommi es una chica muy valiente. Me ha gustado un montón cómo se enamoran, cómo aceptan sus sentimientos y cómo tratan a Travis y el tema del pasado de Tommi.
Pero la historia me ha parecido total y absolutamente inverosímil. Él es un policía encubierto y no acabo de entender su forma de actuar. ¿En serio se puede ser tan descuidado en esa posición? ¿No tener cuidado? ¿Besar en sitios públicos? ¿No vigilar los coches? Y la lista sigue. No tiene sentido, es un despropósito tan grande que cada vez que leía una de esas partes ponía los ojos en blanco y salía de la historia para pensar: ¿en serio puede un policía ser tan tonto?
Y luego está cómo se resuelve todo, en un segundo, como si esas cosas fueran así, rápidas.
También hay algunos fallos o bien de la autora to bien de la traducción porque hay frases que no se corresponden y no tienen sentido. A veces dicen no cuando deberían decir sí y hay algunos diálogos que resultan incomprensibles.
La mejor de las tres es sin duda la primera.
Profile Image for The Geekery Book Review.
103 reviews31 followers
September 26, 2014
When I started reading the forward, I admit, I panicked a little. Just a little. But after finishing it, everything was good, and I calmed down. Here's a basic rundown for you: Due to contracts with her publisher, when the author publishes an independent release, it is restricted to no more than 65,000 words. She didn't want to be rushed and didn't want to sacrifice details so she broke the book into two parts. Part two will be releases in 2 weeks (THANK GOD!!) and will be available free of charge in whatever format you request. just sign up for her newsletter and you will get the file on 10-14-14. Honestly, I thought that this was pretty brilliant and awesome on the author's part.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers, I wanted the full experience of Sig and Tommi, so this was all good for me. But now that I've finished the first part, I am willing to do just about anything for the rest of their story!! It hurts to wait, but it will be SO worth it for the rest of their story. (ESPECIALLY if it hurts!!)

With each book that Michelle writes, I always think it's the best, that's no secret. And All Things Pretty (part 1) is no different. There's a reason this is one of my top go-to, drop everything to read authors. As I haven't read part 2 yet, and I don't want to spoil anything from part 1, I am just going to give you some of my favorite quotes from All Things Pretty while I sit and try to think of ways to get my hands on part 2 faster. ;-)

So, here you go. My favorite lines:

"I'm big, yeah, but there's not a single BOY part on me."

"...just knowing that I feel like she needs me, like she needs saving. And not just tonight. Every Night."

"I remind myself that nobody knows me. Not really. They might think they do, that they can judge me, but they can't. They have no idea what my life is like, what's involved and why I do the things that I do." ~~Just a note: Wow...This is something I try to remind myself of with everyone that I come across. Don't be so quick to judge!!

"So I'm worth it? Even if it hurts?" "Especially if it hurts." ~~~I LOVE that part!!

"See now, you keep saying sh*t like that and the gloves are comin' off. And so are the panties."

"You act like it'll be easy as pie for you to keep your hands off me. I'm thinking it's gonna be pure hell for both of us. I mean, have you met me? I'm pretty damn irresistible." ~~~Note: One of my favorite lines from the whole book. Sums Sig's adorable attitude up completely!!

And my other favorite line that quickly explains the kind of woman Sig sees in Tommi, but that she's trying to hide:

"I don't want a lady. I want a woman. One who knows her own mind. One who wears what she's comfortable in, one who says what she's thinking."

All in all, just in case you might have missed it, October 14th can't come soon enough!!
Profile Image for Kelli C .
1,042 reviews347 followers
October 19, 2014
So hard to rate a book that is not done! So I am gonna just say that this rating is for the "start up"...but I can tell already as a whole it is gonna way exceed that!

I love M Leighton...honest to goodness...love her. I do not think I have read one book by her that I didnt enjoy. That being said, I admit that I was nervous, crazy nervous about Sig Locke getting a book. I felt the pressure for her...I knew this was limited do to publishing contraints...I knew it was part of a whole. Guess what? IT DID NOT MATTER!

In just this first part, I got a fast paced WTF is going on read and I got hooked! I fell for the cocky, confident, and fun-hearted Sig! This man in blue is a good guy with a dirty mind and strong come on! I mean...Hello Sexy Sig...

Good thing I also fell for "just Tommi" too

Cool girl with a sexy next door feel and great smile who transforms into a kept woman depending on the time of day. Too bad her mysterious mission keeps her in the company of a drug king...living a life very different from what she wants. But WHY?

Both are hiding truths. Both are looking at a bigger picture. Both are inherently good characters. The BOOM is about to happen as their secrets are about to collide! I can feel the betrayal and the anger that is about to go down...I just do not know HOW it is gonna play out! I foresee a lot of bad moods lol!

One thing is for sure...Sig and Tommi are in deep to the game, but more that that they are in deep with each other!

No insta-love...NOPE, just pure raw attraction and intimacy that M Leighton does so good. She keeps it down and dirty...and oh so good! I would expect nothing less from SIG!

***NOTE: For you fans who love SIG and his tale...part 2 will be delivered to your reader coming 10/14 FREE from M Leighton...follow the links on author's page***
Profile Image for Nσҽɱí.
411 reviews139 followers
June 25, 2020
3.5☆
Más o menos la misma dinámica que los libros anteriores, aunque este el argumento me ha llamado más la atención, tiene un poco más de drama, jeje. Los protagonistas no han estado nada mal. Una historia entretenida y que me ha gustado bastante
Profile Image for Arantzazu.
294 reviews16 followers
May 22, 2016
3,5. Me ha gustado mucho más que los anteriores, la historia me ha enganchado más. Pero no se, estos libros tienen algo que hace que no me acaben de convencer. No sé muy bien lo que es, pero es como un "muro" que hace que no le lleguen del todo. Este es sin duda, a mi humilde entender, el mejor de la serie.
Profile Image for Brina.
1,935 reviews116 followers
August 28, 2017
Nachdem ich bereits die ersten beiden Bände "Erkenne mich" und "Befreie mich" der "All The Pretty Lies"-Trilogie gelesen habe, wollte ich auch unbedingt noch den dritten Band "Liebe mich" lesen. Hier habe ich mir eine spannende und prickelnde Liebesgeschichte erhofft und diese auch zum Großteil bekommen, auch wenn ich der Meinung bin, dass in dieser Geschichte noch mehr drin gewesen wäre.

Der Schreibstil ist an sich ganz angenehm, da man bei der Geschichte nur so durch die Seiten fliegt, allerdings finde ich dennoch, dass dieser ein wenig anspruchsvoller hätte ausfallen können. M. Leighton kann definitiv schreiben und hat auch ihre Figuren wunderbar gezeichnet, allerdings hätte ich mir dennoch ein wenig mehr Tiefe gewünscht. Auch die Dialoge schwächeln stellenweise ein wenig, da diese sich manchmal holprig lesen, dennoch muss ich sagen, dass ich insgesamt zufrieden bin – auch wenn ich glaube, dass es die Autorin noch besser kann.

Während es im zweiten Band noch um Kennedy und Reese ging, sind dieses Mal der Polizist Sig Locke und Tommi an der Reihe. Während er von Tommi direkt angezogen wird, ist Tommi bereits mit einem der größten Drogendealer der Stadt liiert, sodass die Probleme und Dramen bereits vorprogrammiert sind. Für Sig könnte der Kontakt zu Tommi jedoch sehr hilfreich sein, denn so kann er sie nicht nur gut kennen lernen, sondern auch an Tonin herankommen, allerdings hat auch Tommi ihre ganz eigenen Geheimnisse, die die Geschichte nicht nur spannend macht, sondern auch jede Menge Gefahren mit sich bringt...

Das Cover ist typisch für das Genre und bietet nur wenig Überraschungen, dennoch ist es aufgrund des Farbtons ein Hingucker, sodass das Buch sicherlich vielen Menschen in der Buchhandlung ins Auge fallen wird. Die Kurzbeschreibung liest sich interessant und somit habe ich dem Buch gerne eine Chance gegeben.

Kurz gesagt: "Liebe mich" ist ein guter, allerdings nicht überragender Abschluss der "All The Pretty Lies"-Trilogie. Die Figuren sind interessant, die Geschichte gut ausgearbeitet, aber dennoch hatte ich das Gefühl, dass hierbei mehr drin gewesen wäre. Dennoch: Wer die ersten beiden Bände mochte, sollte auch diesem Buch eine Chance geben.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
1,977 reviews82 followers
October 3, 2014
* A review copy was provided by author in exchange for an honest review *

Amazon Buy Link---->> All Things Pretty (The Pretty Series Book 3)

~~ 5 Stars ~~

All Things Pretty is the third book in M. Leighton's Pretty Series. This one is about Sig and let me tell you I feel like I have waited forever for Sig's book. Michelle didn't disappoint either!!!

This book is filled with Suspense, Mystery and Intrigue. Michelle likes to drop hints here and there, so that you keep turning the page to find out what the big secret is. I will warn you, due to things out of Michelle's control, she had to end this book on a Cliffhanger and create technically two books for Sig. Part 1 creates A LOT of questions when it comes to the characters. We know quite a bit about Sig, but she has created a HUGE mystery when it comes to Tommi. Michelle Leighton can do NO wrong!!!! She is and will always be a go to author for me. Anything she writes I will read. I love her stories. She is creative and her writing, in my opinion, is flawless. Her stories are smooth and flow very well. I have to say that I have loved this series since book 1, All the Pretty Lies, and it just keeps getting better and better. Now knowing this book is in a Series, don't worry, this book can truly be read as a standalone because none of the past characters are brought into the story. This is a completely separate storyline.

I don't plan on talking about the storyline at all, because it would give to many things away and really I can't even begin to talk about it without spoiling it for other readers. We met Sig in the past books because he is Sloane's (Heroine in book 1) big brother. I have loved Sig since we first met him and was over the moon to know he was getting his own book. Sig is just amazing!!! He is sweet and loving and extremely protective. Plus he knows how to melt a girls panties ;) I liked Tommi, but I don't think I am fully connected to her because we really don't find out a lot about her in this book. She has a lot of secrets that are only touched on a little bit in Part 1. I am hoping we find out everything in the next installment. I have my theories, but I am probably wrong, like I usually am. Tommi is a very determined young woman. She has a brother who has Asperger's and a mom who was in an accident and can't take care of herself. Because of these two things she gets mixed up with Lance Tonin, but we really don't know what Lance does for her….I am guessing it will all come to a head in the second part.

I would definitely recommend this book and series to EVERYONE. Like I have said before if you are looking for a book/series that has a little bit of everything then this is the one for you. I can't wait to see what happens in Part 2 of Sig and Tommi's story. Thankfully October 14th isn't that far away!!!!

To read more reviews go to Book Bitches Blog
Profile Image for Kathryn.
659 reviews
September 30, 2014
HOLY FREAKIN AMAZEBALLS!!!!!
I am not going to go in to too many details since release date is around the corner...
BUT...OMG...Just wait until you guys meet Sig...*fans self*
I was absolutely blown away at the events that transpired in this book..
The suspense was off the charts and AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
My full review will come on release day!!!
Get ready guys...this book is going to rock your world!!

FULL REVIEW:
I was hooked from the very beginning; intrigued by who Tommi was and the sexiness oozing off the pages from none other than Sig.
All Things Pretty wasn't your ordinary tale of boy meets girl, boy saves girl, they live happily ever after.
No, M. Leighton created a story of mystery lanced with gut-wrenching moments that had me biting my nails, worried at what could possibly be the outcome for these two.
Don't get me wrong...while we are on this thrilling complex journey, there are some beautifully heart-warming moments. And let me point out again...with Sig in this book...there are some HOT STEAMY scenes that leave you needing the AC turned up and a fan blowing directly on you...
When it comes down to it all..I loved this book...and truthfully, loved may not even encompass it completely..
Brilliantly written giving me exactly what I needed from the story when I needed it. With intense deep characters mesmerizing you with their story, All Things Pretty is a book that you will not want to miss out on!!
Profile Image for Stephanie.
128 reviews5 followers
September 25, 2014
☆☆HOLY SHIT BALLS☆☆

Sig is one guy I would love to mess around with. aka my new book boyfriend.

That man gave me chills during the whole book.

Tommi is also awesomeness . I love her ruff and tough. .. yet girly personality.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR BOOK 2

M your such a awesome AUTHOR you have written another fantastic book. Thank you so much for that.

☆must read ... will have you up all night reading☆☆
Profile Image for Milot.
109 reviews
October 4, 2014
Hot. Suspenseful. Amazing. Gut wrecking. Addicting

M Leighton newest book blew me away. The suspense and mystery of Tonni secret keeps me turning the page and I seriously can stop. And gosh Sig baby.!! Your freaking HOT.!! I keep on fanning myself with the sexy scenes.! I freaking need BOOK 2 right now.!
Profile Image for Aestas Book Blog.
1,059 reviews74.8k followers
Read
September 30, 2014
I love the sound of this!!! The hero is an undercover cop who falls for the girlfriend of a drug dealer!! The blurb calls this a "story of unlikely love" ♥ LOVE THAT!!

Profile Image for Il confine dei libri.
4,147 reviews141 followers
April 23, 2019
Salve Confine.
Finalmente riesco a parlarvi del terzo volume della “Pretty Series” di M. Leighton, che ho letto nella settimana d'uscita ma di cui mi sono trovata a procrastinare la recensione, senza alcun motivo oltretutto!
È che le uscite sono tante e i romanzi che attraggono la mia attenzione sono di più, quindi mi perdo tra le pagine... Volete darmi torto?
In ogni caso, adesso andiamo a vedere di chi e di cosa parla "Questa volta non ti dico no", questo il titolo del terzo libro edito Newton Compton editori, che ringrazio come sempre per l'invio del file.
In questo libro incontreremo Sig Locke e Tommi Lawrence.
Sig è un poliziotto cresciuto in una famiglia di poliziotti, ligio al dovere, forte e coraggioso, integerrimo. Lo abbiamo già conosciuto quando abbiamo letto la meravigliosa storia d'amore tra sua sorella Sloane e il bel tenebroso Hemi.
Sta per cominciare un lavoro sotto copertura per sventare un traffico di droga, quando incontra la bellissima Tommi, a cui darà una mano in un momento di difficoltà.
L'attrazione tra i due è forte e immediata, la sentono ma la contrastano, ma sembra veramente inevitabile, così quando Sig entra a far parte del giro dello spacciatore Lance Tonin e scopre che Tommi è la sua fidanzata, qualcosa si rompe.
Sig è combattuto, sa cosa sarebbe meglio fare, conosce bene la differenza tra bene e male ma non riesce a controllare questa passione che brucia per Tommi.
Tommi, dal canto suo, è tanto bella quanto misteriosa. Ha un passato difficile che non le permette di fidarsi facilmente della gente, ragion per cui non riesce a fidarsi nemmeno di Sig, nonostante senta che è giusto. Tommi nasconde segreti che nessuno può conoscere, ma sarà difficile tenerli nell'armadio quando il suo fidanzato gli assegnerà proprio Sig come guardia del corpo.
Il romanzo autoconclusivo, come tutti quelli di questa serie, si legge velocemente grazie alla narrazione fluida che lo stile diretto e semplice di questa autrice permette.
I punti di vista alternati dei due protagonisti ci faranno conoscere per bene le loro sensazioni, le loro paure, quello che li frena, facendoci entrare in sintonia con loro e col racconto in generale.
Sig è un personaggio che aveva attratto la mia attenzione già dal primo volume, perché l'ho visto come il classico fratello maggiore protettivo e il poliziotto spaccone e arrogante, che in realtà nasconde un animo veramente nobile.
Tommi invece ha la sofferenza nel cuore, ma maschera il tutto per il suo bene e per il bene del tenerissimo fratello Trevis, affetto dalla sindrome di Asperger.
L'interezione tra di due è come una danza di attrazione e repulsione, che culminerà in scene di profonda passione che l'autrice ci ha abituato a trovare nei suoi romanzi.
“Noi siamo inevitabili. Siamo fumo, siamo fuoco, siamo passione, desiderio e sete inestinguibile.”
Non nascondo che dalla storia di Sig mi aspettavo di più e forse le mie aspettative hanno un po' influenzato il mio giudizio, fatto sta che non sono rimasta pienamente convinta. Spesso ho trovato delle lungaggini, scene che potevano essere evitate ma che, ovviamente, avrebbero accorciato la storia di un bel po'.
La prima parte del romanzo, più calma e di introduzione, è seguita da una seconda parte in cui avviene troppo e tutto molto velocemente. Alcune cose non hanno fatto click tra loro, c'era come una nota stonata, una forzatura in alcuni avvenimenti.
Tutto sommato come terzo volume non è da bocciare e vale la pena conoscere meglio il sexy poliziotto burbero Sig Locke.
voto 3.5
Profile Image for New Adult e dintorni.
1,270 reviews81 followers
March 13, 2019
CLICCA SULL'IMMAGINE PER LEGGERE LA RECENSIONE COMPLETA:

In realtà 3 stelle e 1/2
Oggi vi parlo del terzo volume della serie Pretty che ho amato fin dalla prima uscita. Devo aggiungere che l'autrice ha una scrittura davvero coinvolgente e fino a oggi ho apprezzato tutto ciò che è stato pubblicato in Italia.
Questa serie in particolare racchiude in sé quel pizzico di mistero che contribuisce a tenere il lettore incollato fino a che non vengono svelati i segreti dei protagonisti.

Si tratta di storie autoconclusive anche se i personaggi in qualche modo sono legati fra loro.
Questa è la storia di Locke "Sig", (uno dei fratelli di Sloane) e Tommi (il nome è maschile ma la protagonista è senz'altro una femmina!).
Sig è un poliziotto a cui viene affidato il caso di investigare come infiltrato nelle attività illecite di un noto delinquente locale, spacciatore che in qualche modo tiene legata la bellissima Tommi.
Il primo incontro fra i due è a dir poco elettrizzante.
Sia Sig che Tommi sentono una forte attrazione reciproca.
Il destino li metterà di nuovo sulla stessa strada quando Sig inizierà il suo nuovo lavoro alle dipendenze di Lance Tonin, famigerato spacciatore a capo di una organizzazione criminale nonché "fidanzato" della bella e sensuale Tommi.
Sig non riesce a capire cosa spinga una donna così bella e intelligente come Tommi ad accettare di stare insieme a un uomo così spregevole come il sospettato.
Il nuovo lavoro gli permetterà di scoprire parte di quello che Tommi nasconde…
Sig verrà assegnato dal nuovo capo proprio come bodyguard della bella Tommi.
La quotidianità permetterà loro di conoscersi meglio e di instaurare una routine che li avvicinerà ulteriormente fino a far esplodere quella passione che hanno cercato di tenere a bada.

Profile Image for Harem's Book.
590 reviews18 followers

Questa volta non ti dico no
Autrice: M. Leighton

Casa editrice: Newton Compton

Genere: New Adult/Contemporary Romance

Sig Locke è un poliziotto. È stato cresciuto da un poliziotto e anche i suoi fratelli sono agenti di polizia.

Per questo ha un’idea molto precisa di cosa sia giusto o sbagliato e vede il mondo in bianco e nero, senza contemplare altre sfumature. Tutto questo, almeno… prima di conoscere Tommi. Con i suoi magnetici occhi verdi, Tommi ha catturato l’interesse di Sig sin dal primo momento. Nonostante sia la fidanzata di uno spacciatore, proprio non riesce a togliersela dalla testa. Ma lei nasconde un segreto impossibile da fiutare persino per un poliziotto in gamba. Tommi Lawrence non ha una vita facile. E l’incontro con Sig non ha fatto altro che complicare le cose. Perché lei non può fidarsi di nessuno. E anche se il cervello le dice che Sig non fa eccezione, il suo cuore la pensa diversamente. L’amore autentico può nascere in una rete di bugie e segreti? O sarà la verità a distruggere entrambi?

Questa volta non ti dico no (All Things Pretty) è il terzo appuntamento con la Pretty Series di Michelle Leighton ma può essere letto come stand-alone, libro in cui conosciamo finalmente lo scanzonato, sornione e sexy Sig. Un soprannome legato al suo lavoro - si tratta di un’arma, una pistola semiautomatica- una missione e una vocazione, nonché un affare di famiglia che gli calza perfettamente. È audace, diretto, travolgente. E lascia il segno.

Un tocco di suspense avvolge in modo piacevole questa storia d'amore, lasciando un pizzico di mistero e di intrigo che invoglia la lettura. Concepito inizialmente dall'editore americano in due parti, il romanzo non risente di questa struttura ma resta armonico, anche se la prima parte ha un ritmo diverso, più lento, meno vivace, concedendoci tuttavia qualche indizio qua e là ad instillare dubbi, stimolando la curiosità. Su chi? Su Tommi Lawrence, una protagonista sfuggente e bellissima, che vive una vita al limite.

Tommi è cresciuta troppo in fretta, nel disagio e nella miseria, la sua vita e il risultato di scelte dettate dalla disperazione. Ricatto e Paura governano la sua esistenza, Rimorso e Dovere muovono i fili delle sue azioni. Lance Tonin è il suo burattinaio

mi comporto nel modo giusto, mi vesto nel modo giusto, parlo nel modo giusto, m’impegno a fondo per le apparenze. Devo farlo, Lance lo esige. E io ho bisogno di Lance, così sto al gioco.

A volte non resisto al desiderio di sentirmi un pochino me stessa. Quella che ero una volta, quella che sono ancora, sotto la superficie.

È importante che io resti calma quando non dico la verità. L’ho imparato per necessità, proprio come ho imparato a mentire per necessità. (...) Mentire mi è diventato utile, essenziale come l’aria, l’acqua o il sonno. E ne sono orgogliosa quanto lo sono del resto della mia sordida storia, cioè per niente.

Sussulto quando lui allunga un braccio di scatto, come un serpente. Stringe le dita intorno al mio polso, e il mio primo pensiero è che sa che sto mentendo. Il secondo è che non può saperlo. Il terzo è di mantenere la calma.

Un uomo spregevole, un criminale, un vigliacco, un violento perverso. Pronto ad esercitare il suo potere per tenerla sotto scacco, piegarla al suo volere facendo leva sulla vera autentica debolezza di Tommi: la sua famiglia. In particolare modo il fratello adolescente, fragile e amatissimo, che soffre della sindrome di Asperger.

Tommi ha un carico di responsabilità notevole, eppure quel che grava pesantemente su di lei opprimendola e ostacolando qualsiasi suo passo, è il suo passato. Oscuro e pericoloso. Tommi ha tanti segreti, troppi. Da difendere in ogni modo. Finché il destino non decide di scompaginare le pagine della sua vita con un incontro sconvolgente.

Sig Locke è davvero una folata di vento estivo, caldo, irresistibile, travolgente, pieno di promesse

«Una bella donna che parla come un marinaio. La mia ragazza ideale».

«Non scusarti. Mi piacciono le donne che dicono le parolacce».

«Quelle non erano parolacce», mi difendo debolmente. Un sopracciglio scuro si solleva incuriosito e capisco di aver detto una sciocchezza.

«Allora ne conosci altre? Peggiori?». Nonostante il caldo opprimente, sento le guance scaldarsi. Sto arrossendo! Non mi ricordo neanche l’ultima volta che è successo. Ho visto e fatto cose in vita mia che mi hanno resa talmente insensibile che avrei giurato nulla potesse più mettermi in imbarazzo. E invece eccomi qui, ad arrossire davanti a un perfetto (e perfettamente sexy) sconosciuto.

«Ti serve una mano?», le chiedo per la seconda volta oggi. Lei mi lancia un’occhiata e scoppia a ridere, una risata profonda che me la fa immaginare mentre danza sotto la pioggia, nuda e libera.

«Sta diventando un’abitudine».

«Non tutte le abitudini sono cattive».

«No, qualcuna è rischiosa», mormora con una voce roca che sento vibrare fino ai testicoli.

«Ogni tanto fa bene correre qualche rischio». Il suo sorriso ora è triste, ma lei non dice niente.

Tommi ha imparato a sopravvivere e non può concedersi distrazioni - Sig è una ENORME distrazione - e Tommi ha un piano, non può commettere errori - Sig sembra un IRRESISTIBILE SBAGLIO.

Sig Locke è un poliziotto, da sempre ambisce ad un incarico sotto copertura. L'incontro con Tommi sconvolge la sua vita e diventa una chance, l'occasione per incriminare finalmente Lance, da sempre obiettivo del suo dipartimento. Un incarico rischioso ma il giovane è ambizioso poliziotto è pronto a tutto, è nato pronto.

Mi sento in colpa al solo pensiero di usare Tommi in questo modo. Una cosa davvero schifosa. D’altra parte, lei esce con un noto criminale, e deve sapere che questo la mette in una situazione pericolosa. Se è così, tutto può succedere. Come i miei fratelli, voglio fare la gavetta fino a diventare detective, anzi, voglio lavorare sotto copertura, ma questo richiede tempo. Tutti devono fare la propria parte. Ma il punto è che, se mi presento con la possibilità di entrare in contatto con uno come Tonin, saranno obbligati a farmi lavorare sotto copertura. Insomma, varrebbe la pena provarci.

Non ha fatto i conti con il vero pericolo dell'operazione...

«Non ti credo». «Dovresti». «C’è qualcosa tra noi, Tommi, che tu l’ammetta o no». «Non c’è niente. Non può esserci». Lui si appoggia allo schienale della sedia, imperterrito. «Vedremo». «Purtroppo no. Dubito che ci rivedremo». «Lasciamo decidere al fato, che ne dici?». Direi che non ci sono problemi nell’essere d’accordo, soprattutto perché so che tanto non lo rivedrò più. Se mai lo vedrò arrivare, scapperò dalla parte opposta. Sig è un rischio che non posso permettermi di correre. «Il fato è una donna crudele, non lo sapevi?»

«Quella è madre natura, il fato è un uomo. E sta dalla mia parte, fidati».

La vita di un poliziotto, la vita di Sig, è fatta di bianco e nero, giusto e sbagliato, luce e ombra. Tommi è invece una sfumatura continua di fascino e sensualità, pragmatismo e determinazione, innocenza e bugia.

Non scherzavo quando ho detto che sono nato pronto. Sono nato proprio per fare questo. E lo farò fino in fondo.

In una casa piena di poliziotti, seguire l’istinto è uno stile di vita, e ho imparato a non ignorarlo mai...o è più stupida di quanto io creda, o è più in gamba, oppure ha istinti suicidi. E sono deciso a scoprire quale di queste tre ipotesi sia

Sono impressionato, questa ragazza può mentire alla grande. Il punto è: perché dovrebbe averne bisogno

Eppure oltre l'attrazione folle che li consuma, in un desiderio tanto pericoloso quanto incontenibile, c'è il bisogno di fidarsi l'uno dell'altro.

Tommi può finalmente abbassare la guardia? Sig può salvarla? Fino a dove può spingersi?

E così commette il più grande errore della sua carriera ma non della sua vita, tutto è in gioco.

Al momento, sembra accontentarsi di restare a guardare. E aspettare. E farmi impazzire. Mi chiedo se per lui sia lo stesso. A volte sento i suoi occhi su di me. Voglio dire, lui mi osserva spesso, come del resto richiede il suo lavoro, ma in certi momenti il suo sguardo è diverso. Famelico, pieno di desiderio, o forse sono io...

«Devi sentirmi con tutti i tuoi sensi. Solo me».

...e lo guardo negli occhi. Sono scuri come non li ho visti mai, tempestosi, appassionati, possessivi. «Non puoi stare qui con me», dico ansimando. «Lance ti ucciderà se lo scopre». «Vorrei solo che ci provasse». «Sig, tu non lo conosci. Non puoi correre un rischio del genere». «Conosco il rischio e so cosa fare. E poi, per te ne vale la pena». «Ma se lui ti farà del male?». Sig si stringe nelle spalle. «Allora, per me ne vale la pena? Anche se sarà doloroso?» «Soprattutto se sarà doloroso».

Una nota più cupa in questo terzo volume della serie, la trama è arricchita da elementi di suspense e nulla è come sembra. Il rapporto di Tommi con il suo fidanzato spacciatore ha risvolti sorprendenti e premesse drammatiche. Bugie e segreti accompagnano la storia di Sig e Tommi ma la loro complicità è una connessione profonda, proprio quello che li salverà. Sig, e il lettore con lui, si ritroverà a rimettere in discussione tutto quello che sa della donna che ama, tutto ciò che pensa di sapere lei.

Pensieri, teorie, preoccupazioni si agitano nella sua mente da poliziotto, mentre cerca di non compromettere la sua integrità ma capisce di dover scegliere. Di dover rischiare il tutto per tutto.

Ed è con un senso di pura impotenza che mi volto e premo Tommi contro la parete, premendo la bocca sulla sua, come se potessi segnarla profondamente, tanto profondamente da non farle sentire nient’altro per il resto della serata. «Soltanto me», le dico con il fiato corto, le labbra a pochi centimetri dalle sue. «Non devi sentire nient’altro, solo me. Hai capito?»

«Ho capito», replica con voce spezzata. Quando le porte dell’ascensore si aprono, mi stacco da lei appena in tempo. Guardo Tommi uscire, ma non la seguo. Si ferma in corridoio, a un metro da me, immobile, finché le porte dell’ascensore non si richiudono per riportarmi di sotto. E lei resta sola. Tutta sola con un mostro.

Profile Image for Sarah.
96 reviews2 followers
October 1, 2014
First and foremost, I love this book because it was written by M. Leighton. This lady is awesome. She is such a wonderful author to interact with and truly appreciates all the love and support she gets. She is a true southern belle that isn’t pushy or overbearing. God has truly blessed her with a loving husband to help give her inspiration in her stories and support everything she does. I am so honored to say that I’ve met her and that I am a frequent M. Leighton stalker. (Only on social media)

For the story, I gave it 5 stars. This is a two part story and to get part 2, you must subscribe to M. Leighton’s newsletter for second part because of her contract that she signed when she did Sig’s story. Michelle stated that she felt like she couldn’t get it all out in that short amount, so she made it two parts, the second part which is free.

Sig Locke was born and raised a cop. He has always done by the book and by the law. He does not act above the law. Until Tommi came around…

Tommi caught Sig’s attention as a damsel in distress. A chance meeting Tommi was once in a lifetime, even after he discovered who she was involved with (a drug dealer), he still couldn’t resist her. But what is Tommi hiding? Will be being a cop pan out and help Sig solve the mystery of Tommi?

Tommi Lawrence had a rough upbringing. It only got more complex, the day she met Sig. She trusts no one. Her heart says trust him, her gut says that no matter what, Sig is no exception to trust anyone. Can love shine through all the lies or will the truth be the end of All Things Pretty.

I love how in M. Leighton’s books she tells the story from both characters POV, giving you insight into Sig & Tommi’s feelings & emotions. It’s important to know how they both feel and what each person is hiding to see who tells the truth. The hot and steamy scenes are so realistic. You can picture yourself as Tommi and what is being done. I love how no matter what tragedy the characters face, there is usually a happily ever after. But at this point, it’s a cliffy until book 2 comes out. What I have read so far, I love Sig & Tommi and I can’t wait to see what happens with both of them. As always M. Leighton doesn’t disappoint, she always exceeds my expectations. I will definitely pass on to all my friends that I’ve shared the rest of the Pretty Series with.
Profile Image for Naomi.
1,249 reviews58 followers
October 30, 2014
Full Review @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

I have been keen to get my hands onto Sig’s book since I realised his book was next. There were glimpses of him in the previous books and I knew I would love him… and boy did I ever! Sig’s story is actually told over two books and now that it is out, I will get onto it as soon as possible!

Tommi is one mysterious girl. I learnt early on that she is associated with some questionable people. She hides the full extent of her connection and why she cannot cut ties from them, but there are plenty of hints dropped along the way. I could see immediately that she was attracted to Sig, but her commitments keep her from making a move.

Sig, well, he’s a very confident guy and I love how forward he is with Tommi. He takes his job very seriously and is eager to go undercover, even though he is doing it for the girl as well. I got to see how sweet Sig was, doing nice things for Tommi and seeing him get a little protective of her.

I coasted through this book, enjoying the growing sexual tension between Sig and Tommi. I highlighted heaps of lines of lines (as per usual for me in a Leighton book) enjoying the banter between these two and their sweet moments. They take a huge risk and their relationship becomes stronger because of it. Nothing could prepare me for that ending though!! I did not see that coming at all and I am dying to get the next book to see what happens next!! Well done Michelle, just when I think I’ve seen it all, you throw that at me!
Profile Image for Simone Smith.
106 reviews10 followers
October 1, 2014
I know! I'm going to say the same as I always do, when finishing one of Michelle's books, but this woman never seems to fail to give us, another story that captures you heart and just runs with it!!

The roller coaster of emotions this story took me through, I was swooning one minute, crying the next, while my heart was in my mouth with the suspense and heartache the two main characters had to go through.
I don't want to give to much away, but this story gripped me from the first page, and I did not want to come up for air until the very last page.
Sig for me was sex on a stick, I could have jumped into my kindle and licked him from head to toe, savouring the bits in between!! (Yes that mouth watering).

'His eyes are dark and intense, belying the half grin that tugs his lips. The look Sums up this man perfectly. He's playful and flirtatious but at the same time something about him threatens to consume me. He leaves me breathing breathless and off kilter when he's close like this.

I loved Tommi, wow what a strong, sexy leading lady, but behind all that there are some deep dark secrets. Tommi refuses to let anybody get close to her and this includes Sig, who is desperately trying to get to know her in more ways than one.
I love this series of books, and can't wait for the next instalment of Sig and Tommi's story!!
Profile Image for Andrea.
225 reviews
October 10, 2014
HOLY S**T!!!!

This has to be the best M. Leighton has ever written, and she's written some pretty amazing books, but this...it's totally blown my mind!!!
Michelle, you are killing me!

SIG!! Oh god I love this man. Hot? I'll say, and more, so much more.

My heart was in my mouth most of the time with the suspense and tension of it all.
As plot twists go, this has totally blown all her others out of the water in my opinion - total genius!

Full review on makemydaybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09...
Get it on your TBR list NOW!!!

Profile Image for Alba M. .
1,503 reviews112 followers
June 22, 2016
RESEÑA -> http://crecererasencillo.blogspot.com...
(Siento haber tardado tanto en hacerla, MIL PERDONES!)
En realidad un 4,5.
Me ha encantado esta historia, no se si la que más de los tres. Sig es un cachondo y echaba de menos leer un libro donde poder reirme. No le he dado las 5 estrellas simplemente porque creo que el final ha sido muy rapido, me hubiera gustado que se alargara un poquito más..
Displaying 1 - 30 of 213 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.