Start by marking “Storm Born (Mortal Enchantment, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm Born (Mortal Enchantment, #1)

Storm Born

(Mortal Enchantment #1)

Book #1 in the award-winning YA fantasy series Mortal Enchantment. Discover a world of elemental powers, courage, duty, sacrifice, forbidden romance and a war for the very elements of life.

Kalin Matthew's never had a choice. An unbreakable contract decided her destiny at birth. Live in the mortal world with her mother until the stroke of midnight on her sixteenth birthday,
Published May 20th 2014 by Phoenix Reign Publishing (first published May 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Born, please sign up.
Rachel You can't. Just pay the $1 or $2 for the Kindle ebook.
Stacey O'Neale Sorry, I didn't see your question until today. The audio sales were pretty low so I don't have any plans to finish the rest of the audio series. It's …moreSorry, I didn't see your question until today. The audio sales were pretty low so I don't have any plans to finish the rest of the audio series. It's a very expensive process. (less)

Start your review of Storm Born (Mortal Enchantment, #1)
Naban
I was expecting something new and exciting and this book failed me.

The plot was so plain, and I just didn't feel anything towards any of the happenings in the book, my emotions being tucked far away. When anything supposedly major happened I would just kinda go "lol kay" instead of, I don't know, hyperventilating or falling out of the chair as I ought to. Allow me to show you the basic events in the book.

Kalin: Lol okay, time to go to ma Daddy! But WAIT I'll just take a walk into the forest alth
Booknut
"You're ready. This is the only way we can unlock your power. Don't break your concentration; you've come so far already."

"All right, but if I die, I'm haunting you for eternity."

He chuckled under his breath. "I look forward to that."
Turning sixteen for normal girls means throwing parties & battling boy problems. For Kalin Matthew it means accepting her supernatural birthright.

As far as Kalin's friends know, she's moving to Paris. But the Avalon she's going to definitely isn't the Avalon Hot
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Sep 11, 2019 marked it as on-hold-maybe-finish-later
I'm trying to get through this but I find the characters too 1 dimensional. I'm probably just in a different kind of mood to read something else right now. Will try to come back to this.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Told from Kalin's point of view, Mortal Enchantment is the first full-length novel in the Mortal Enchantment Series and picks up where The Shadow Prince left off.
The day has come for Kalin to move to Avalon to join her father and rule the elemental air court. Before she even gets to Avalon she's attacked by a fire court assassin, but is saved by Rowan, a sexy and mysterious element. Her bad day is about to get worst, once she enters Avalon she discovers that it's not the safe and beautiful place
Jena
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off, I absolutely adore this cover! Not only are the colors gorgeous, but so is that model and even though her hair isn't at red as I imagine Kalin's to be, that girl definitely looks fierce enough to be her. With Mortal Enchantment, I was excited to see how Stacey would take this one and switch view points from the pre-series novella, The Shadow Prince. The Shadow Prince was so full of action and had an awesome story line from a pretty sexy lead, and with Mortal Enchantment we get Kalin's ...more
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Mortal Enchantment (Mortal Enchantment #1) by Stacey O'Neale

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 4 stars

Review:

Mortal Enchantment truly transported me to a whole new world. I found myself immersed in Avalon and dying to know what would happen with Kalin and Rowan. How could I
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to come after I read the final manuscript but from an early draft, it's a very enjoyable story with fantastic characters and a world I'd love to be a part of!

Check out her FREE novella The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5) by Stacey O to get you introduced to Avalon!
Chapter by Chapter
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought the whole premise behind this book/series was so intriguing! And after having read the prequel, The Shadow Prince, I knew that I had to keep reading to find out what happens next.

Where The Shadow Prince is told in the point of view of Rowan, the sexy lead in this series, Mortal Enchantment is told in the point of view of Kalin Matthews, the princess of the air court. On the day where she is slated to move back to Avalon and rule with her father, elementals from the fire court are on th
Dianne
So, I read The Shadow Prince and became a shiny, new Stacey O’Neale fan, instantly! How to care for my newfound status? Read Mortal Enchantment, of course! Stacey O’Neale has created an amazing world that feels like I crossed a barrier between the reality of the human world and the fantasy and glamor of Avalon with its Fae courts, elemental powers, political power plays and intrigues.

Kalin has reached the age when she is to live with her father in Avalon, after living 16 years in the human worl
Stefani Sloma
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
You might remember from my review of the prequel novella to this series, The Shadow Prince, that I really enjoyed it and was looking forward to reading Mortal Enchantment. I waited a few weeks in between reading them (as I had e-ARCs and such), but I kept looking at Mortal Enchantment on my shelf with excitement. When I finally was able to pick it up, I wasn’t disappointed.

Mortal Enchantment is a fun, fast-paced unique take on elemental mythology. I really enjoyed the setting – Avalon, the world
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I absolutely adored this book. I can't really say what made me like it so much. It was beautifully written, I loved the narrators voice and how every character had a distinct personality. The plot twists were exhilarating and kept me guessing until the end. This is defiantly one of the best books I've had the pleasure of reading this year.

I really, really, really, really liked Rowan. Having read the prequel helped A LOT, but even though he was secretive and mysterious, t
Esther Haddie's Haven
I did write a kickass review yesterday, but I was on my tablet and it went hay-wire. So, I hope I can replicate it.
DISCLAIMER: I was given a copy of this book (via the author) in exchange for a review.

The adventure continues as Kalin, the daughter of King Taron, of the Air Court, comes of age and is ready to join the kingdom, and move to Avalon. However, shortly before she is to leave for Avalon, she is attacked by two Fire Elementals, and rescued by a mysterious young man who likes to avoid ans
Bella
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off I want to thank Stacey for loving me enough to read her book!! LOL This is one series I can say is different, has it own awesomeness to it and will suck you in from page one!

Ok I am going to make this a bit short and that’s because like many other good books I can’t explain how I feel! This is a book of elementals and I love that it’s an amazing world to read about and O’Neale does a fantastic job writing that world!

Kalin is the princess to the king of the air court. But she has been
Chayse Sundt
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I met Stacy O’Neale back two years ago at a signing in Houston. I remember thinking if she was an author, not knowing that she was working a book in progress. Now that I have read Shadow Prince and the first book in the series, I was looking at a future best seller. I feel that this series will go far and I hope to travel along with it.

We leave Rowan and follow Kalin who I learned just a little bit about in the prologue but she has a future that will decide the outcome over the four elemental co
Seeing Double in Neverland
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mortal Enchantment switches to Kalin's POV. She is away from the world she has always known and the only family she has in this new world has been taken from her. What happened and who took her Father? That is what Kalin is determined to uncover.

In the meantime the kingdom has been left in her hands and she has a very short amount of time to discover what she is made of. I was sad to not have Rowan's POV but soon found that Stacey made such an exceptional character and story that Rowan's voice i
Maira
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
i was initially very impressed with the blurb becasue the story line and theme of the book was very good so i started reading it. the starting was awesome. i really liked the characters and how they were related to each other. the story was connected in a good way but i don't what happened, the book took a turn for bad in the middle. the characters were not as strong as they were in the beginning. things become predicable and the story became boring, typical. the twists were all over in the begi ...more
Jen Scicchitano
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
his story line is very different from anything I have read recently in YA, or really in adult paranormal stories. The Mythology is wonderful and really gets me interested in learning more about elementals. I really enjoyed the different changes of location, the author did a wonderful job describing certain locals. The plot twists were really fun and I actually did not see some of them coming! Kalin is a very strong character and really won't take crap from anyone- I am really excited to see what ...more
Jenny
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Although it is about elementals the characters are very human. I love the vibrancy of Kalin and Rowan. They are sassy, complicated and lovable. Can't wait to read the next one and see where it takes us.
Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
Ya'll!!!!! I have found a new love. Mortal Enchantment is by far one of my new favorite books. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but I must say that I was not disappointed. Stacey O'Neale wrote an incredible story and I am so happy I got the opportunity to read it. It is different, and has some some amazing characters. I am already jonesing to get my hands on book 2 hehe

I was being so serious earlier when I said that this is one of my new favorite books. I picked this up, and just could not
Margie
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
From the minute I opened this book I was completely immersed and lost in it! Fast-paced story, intriguing characters, amazing world building and history - I wasn't able to read fast enough! And with each page, I wanted more and more of everything that was happening...

Right from the start we get to meet Kalin, half mortal and a half air elemental, who has just turned of age and is going to Avalon to rule alongside her father in the air court. Although her father had tried to prepare Kalin for thi
Novel Grounds
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MortalEnchantment
5 Stars|Goodreads | Amazon
Meg's Review:
I really enjoyed this book. After a few paranormal/fantasy reads that just didn't do it for me, this one pulled me in and kept me engaged. It was a funny and interesting read. Albeit, I will say it did remind me of another series, it was original enough that it held its own for me.

Kalin is trading the only life she has ever known in for a new start with her father in Avalon. She's the heir to his throne and its finally time for her to learn the ropes.
Christina
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Such a GOOD book!

While The Shadow Prince gave us a peek into the ME world and into the history and mind of Rowan's character, Mortal Enchantment expands upon that, but also introduces us to a plethora of new characters.

Even though Kalin isn't new (she was in the novella), you don't really learn about her personally until this book. And, to be honest, she underwhelmed me for a while. I was more focused on Rowan and wanting to get back to his story, but that may be because I read The Shadow Princ
Amber
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible story filled with hope, sacrifice, and determination. It seriously has everything you could ask for – the ultimate sacrifice of one, a love that is true and pure, an unsure heart that surprises everyone, and a destiny that cannot be denied. What more could you possibly want?! I know I was captivated by the stunning depth of heart that fill these pages to overflowing. Even when things were at their worst, all was not lost. By focusing on what mattered the most, anything was ...more
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
By the end of THE SHADOW PRINCE I was hooked on this series! I did a happy dance when this book arrived. Stacey did a great job of introducing us to Avalon, all the various elementals, the way things worked in this world (politics etc...) as well introducing us to our yummy & sexy hero Rowan in that short novella. I would definitely recommend reading The Shadow Prince prior to reading MORTAL ENCHANTMENT. (And why not the novella is FREE!)

This book was told from Kalin's POV. She has jus
Kelesea
Title: Mortal Enchantment

Author: Stacey O'Neale

Age Group: Teen/Young Adult

Genre: Fantasy/Romance

Series: Mortal Enchantment, book two

Star Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review--thanks so much, Stacey!

Elementals. Elementals are one of my favorite sort of beings to read about. I mean, who hasn't dreamed of having dominion over the most powerful forces in nature? To own the waves of the ocean, to call upon the fire deep within the earth? Oh,
Angela ReadingCave
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Samantha
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! OMG! OMG! Really all this time I had seen this advertised to me on facebook telling me I would love Rowan if I loved Ash, and it took me this long to read it!?!? WHY? First I must say this is a book you definitely have to read the Prequel first. I really do think a lot of the bad reviews this book got are from people who didn't read it, because they didn't seem to understand some point's that were made clear in the prequel. For example everything with Rowan, Uh yeah he might have spent a wh ...more
Stacy
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
By the end of THE SHADOW PRINCE I had no doubt that I wanted to read MORTAL ENCHANTMENT. I really enjoyed meeting Rowan and the world that O'Neale created.

It took me a few chapters to 'like' Kalin. I didn't dislike her I just didn't instantly connect with her like I did Rowan. She was never in a good position with being a half-ling and entering the Air Court for the first time. Her father's disappearance only made the whole situation worse. Considering her position I felt she handled everything
Kimber Wheaton
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Looking for a fast-paced YA urban fantasy series? Look no further than Mortal Enchantment. Part paranormal, part mythology, part fantasy, this novel draws the reader in immediately and refuses to let go.

I think the blurb does a great job outlining the plot-- what you read is exactly what you get. Twists and turns abound, coupled with lots of action and adventure. I liked Kalin, but truth be told, it's Rowan who stole the show.
Larissa
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Armentrout says, “Mortal Enchantment spins a unique twist on elemental mythology. This series is not to be missed." And I agree. This is a series with a well-built world you want to dive into.

Kalin is thrust into an elemental court disaster before she's even managed to set foot in Avalon. I loved how, even though things seem completely hopeless at times, Kalin never gives up (or Rowan won't let her).

Which brings me to Rowan. I love him. Especially after reading the prequel The Shadow Pr
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Three Deadly Trials (Battle for The Dark King, #1)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • RISE (Rise, #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles #2)
  • Shadow Rise (Shadow Fall #2)
  • Royally Hitched: The Fae Prince: (The Dark Fae Series, Book 1)
  • Prophecies (Darkblood Academy #4)
  • Olandon: A Tainted Accords Novella, 4.6
  • Sin (The Tainted Accords, #4.5)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King,  #2)
  • Heart of Fire (Legends of the Storm, #1)
  • The Goodnight Kiss (The Unseelie Court, #1)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Hades Academy: First Semester
  • Paths of Malice (The Venatrix Chronicles, #3)
  • Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga Book 2)
Award-winning author, Stacey O'Neale, lives in Annapolis, Maryland. When she's not writing, she spends her time fangirling over books, blogging, watching fantasy television shows, cheering for the Baltimore Ravens, and hanging out with her husband and daughter.

Her career in publishing started as a blogger-turned-publicist for Entangled Publishing. Stacey writes young adult fantasy and adult paran

Mortal Enchantment (3 books)
  • Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment, #2)
  • Eternal Sacrifice (Mortal Enchantment, #3)