Start by marking “Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm” as Want to Read:
Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm

Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm

Emily-Rose finally gets to feed the animals on her Grammy’s farm, but Emily-Rose finds that it is not as fun as she thinks it is.

alternate cover edition of ISBN: 9780987925565
Paperback
Published (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm

Paula Howard
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose's Day at the Farm by Simone Da Costa is a very delightful children's book. Little ones will love the bright colored pictures as they listen as will those old enough to read it.

Emily-Rose always wants to feed the animals on her grandma's farm but is always told that the animals are too rambunctious. That is the problem.... Emily-Rose does't know what rambunctious means. On this trip to the farm Emily-Rose gets to feed the numerous animals and finds out what the word rambunctious means.
Kitty Muse Book Reviews
Emily-Rose loves to visit her Grammie and watch her feed the animals. She always looks forward to her visits on the farm., but wishes she could be the one spreading the corn and slopping the pigs.

This particular day becomes very special: Grammie is going to let Emily-Rose feed the animals! Grammie warns her that the animals can be rambunctious. This is not a problem for the little girl, since she has no idea what the word “rambunctious” means.

She soon learns what it means, though, when she finds
Mary Brown
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily-Rose’s Day At The Farm by Simone Da Costa is an adorable children’s book. It has exactly what I look for in a children’s book: humor, love and a lesson taught.

Emily-Rose loves to visit Grammy at the farm and always wants to feed the animals. Grammy always so no, that the animals are too rambunctious. Emily-Rose doesn’t know what that word means, but she’s about to find out the hard way. Grammy tells her that she can finally feed all the animals and Emily-Rose is so excited. But that task i
Ann Fields
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Emily-Rose's Day at the Farm" is about a young girl with an intense desire to feed the animals on her grandmother's farm. However, her repeated requests to do so meet with repeated refusals. Then one day, her grandmother surprises her by consenting. It doesn't take long for Emily-Rose to learn that feeding the animals is not as fun or easy as she thought.

Author Simone da Costa, who is a multi-published writer in many genres, has written a children's story that quite literally will make you smi
David Wilson
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Emily-Rose’s Day at the Farm” is a delightful story about a little girl’s day visiting her grandmother on the farm. In her exciting adventure Emily-Rose learns from Grammy not just about the farm, but about a grandmother’s wisdom and love.

Emily-Rose had always wanted to feed her grandmother’s farm animals by herself, but Grammy had forever cautioned her that they were too rambunctious. In this story, Emily-Rose gets her wish, but she soon finds out that Grammy was right -- and also exactly what
Jane Hunt
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm by Simone DaCosta

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

Emily Rose's Day at the Farm is a fun children's book with bright pictures. Reading this book will help young children learn about respecting animals.

Emily thinks Grammie is being selfish not letting her feed the animals. When Grammie allows Emily to feed the animals by herself she learns about valuing the experience of older members of the family. The story describes animal behaviour and how much work is involved with looking aft
Queen Spades
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents, lovers of children's books
Shelves: royally-favored
I received this in exchange for an honest review. At that time, the copy I received just contained the print and not the illustrations, so I wanted a little bit to see some of the illustrations so I could comment on both components.

I love Emily-Rose's enthusiasm to spend time with my grandmother. I confess to being "Grandmother's baby" myself, not only because of the time I spent with my grandmother but because she raised me as well. She is confused at first when her grandmother doesn't allow he
Ingrid Hall
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily Rose's Day At The Farm is a gorgeous little book aimed at preschoolers. The story is beautifully told as Emily enjoys a precious day feeding the animals on her Grandma's Farm. Grandma keeps calling the animals "rambunctious" and by the end of the story Emily has learned the meaning of the word.

I will admit that I found "rambunctious" a curious word to be drilling into such young children as I would have thought there were easier and more pressing words for them to learn, nevertheless, the
Karl Haughton
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can you imagine going to your Grandmother's farm and doing nothing? Emily-Rose's Grammie's farm is filled with all sorts of animals and her grandmother is always feeding them. And Emily-Rose would love to feed them when she goes to the Farm with her family in Emily-Rose's Day At The Farm, but her Grammie wouldn't allow her.

Will Emily-Rose ever get to feed the animals? Da Costa is quite adept at building one's curiosity about this. When her wish is finally granted, we can feel her fear, frustrat
Tanya Watt
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given Emily-Rose’s Day at the Farm for exchange of an honest review. To be able to give an honest review, I decided to read the story to my two younger children… to get their opinion of this children’s book.

The pictures grabbed their attention right away, and it took me a minute to settle them back down for the story:) My 8-year-old daughter loved the bright colors, and she said…”Emily is sooo pretty!”

My 3-year-old was quiet until we hit the part of the story that included the animals, he
Susan Keefe
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose loves visiting her Grammie on the farm; however, she’s not allowed to help feed the animals because Grammie says that they are too rambunctious.

Then, one day, she’s finally allowed to do the feeds with Grammie and she’s so excited. However, the experience is not what she imagined, animals do get excited at feed times, and soon Emily-Rose finds out what the word rambunctious means.

I live on a smallholding with chickens, sheep, goats and a horse so this type of children’s book always ap
Simone
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose is always excited to visit her Grammy on the farm. She always looks forward to these visits because she loves spending time with her Grandmother, and she also enjoys watching her Grandmother feed the farm animals in high hopes to one day (soon) have the responsibility of feeding them on her own.

Whenever Emily-Rose would ask her Grammy to feed the animals her Grandmother would always tell her that the animals are very 'rambunctious' a word that is very new to Emily-Rose who mistook th
Jane Peskara / Audrey Valentine
Well its a childrens books soooo i had to read it with the heart of a child :) 31 pages i got a copy from the author for an honest review, here it is. I think the original book has pictures i hope so :) Well i like the litle story about Emily-Rose because in the end she learns that her granny just didnt allow her to feed the animals because she loves Emily-Rose and knew that it would be too much for her. So this book teaches us 2 things 1st)Let the children make their own faults, but be there to ...more
Dolores Ayotte
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose is a delightful little girl who enjoys visiting her Grammie at the farm. She is always eager to help out but her Grammie usually doesn't let her help feed the animals because they are too rambunctious.

Emily-Rose is uncertain as to the meaning of this very long word. She thinks Grammie wants to have all the fun feeding the farm animals. One day, Grammie decides to let Emily-Rose "enjoy" the experience of feeding all the farm animals. Emily-Rose soon discovers the meaning of the word r
Candice
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily-Rose gets a trip to Grammy's farm! Grammy's farm holds many adventures, but the one Emily-Rose wants most is to feed the animals. Grammy warns her that it is not all fun & games because those animals are often rambunctious, but Emily-Rose is determined! Come along on a wonderful adventure as Emily-Rose tackles feeding the farm animals!

Fun read for children who enjoy animals!! Also a great connection to family, grandparents, and the silly that comes as well. Overall I would recommend!
Lorraine Carey
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily - Rose’s Day at the Farm is a heart warming story about a little girl who visits her grammy’s farm and is most excited to feed the animals. She learns the hard way what rambunctious animals really are! Each page is filled with bright illustrations. She has one hilarious adventure after the other trying to feed this hungry pack.This story is filled with lots of kid humor and children will delight in seeing Emily Rose get pecked at and splattered in mud. An added bonus is the fun activities ...more
Rita Monette
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose loves to visit Grammie’s farm. But this time Grammie lets her feed the animals—which she calls rambunctious. Emily-Rose will learn what that means, after a long day of feeding, getting dirty, milking, and being chased.

This book by Simone Da Costa introduces children to a variety of farm animals and the work that goes into caring for them. The colorful illustrations by Anindita Modak, beautifully expresses Emily-Rose’s feelings throughout the book.

There is an added bonus of a couple o
Joelene
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful children's book! I loved sharing it with my daughter who also loved it! This book was very well written and we both enjoyed everything about it. It is a good book for adults and children to share together as they can both learn something from it! It shows real life and the things that go with it and teaches at the same time!

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading to children or with children, it's great for any ages!
Lindsay
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
**I received this book through Goodreads First Reads. All opinions are my own**

What a cute little story, this little girl reminds me so much of my own. So full of bright energy and a yearning to try new things. My little one is really quite young so she was mostly interested in the illustrations, and spent most of the time pointing at pictures and flipping pages to see what came next But I am looking orward to reading this to her again and again!!
Julie Powell
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book for review and found it delightful. Although the copy didn't have pictures, I was forwarded to where some would be and found them excellent, a perfect accompaniment to the story.

It was a clever way of introducing difficult words to young children and the use of repetition compounded the meaning for those beginning to read.

A fun story, with an eye to the education of young minds.
Julie  Grider
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily-Rose's Day at the Farm is fun read for young children. I enjoyed reading about Emily-Rose's day at the farm with my children. It was fun to watch Emily-Rose learn about the word rambunctious through the animals' actions, and it was cute when Emily-Rose realized that her Grammie is usually right and she should listen to her. Emily-Rose and her Grammie are delightful characters. I think this book will be a big hit with young children.
John Priest
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
Simone Da Costa has written a really enjoyable book and both words and illustrations are absolutely enthralling.
Farms and farmyard animals are a winner with most kids and this book won't disappoint. My own grandkids can relate to Emily-Rose and how excited she is when she goes to see her Grammie and feed the animals. Even when the book is closed, the kids will continue talking about Emily-Rose and her day out!
Olivia Gaines
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this sweet book!

Emily Rose, like most growing children are not afraid to try, but often find themselves in over their heads. I think her Grammy did a great job teaching her a new big word, “rambunctious” and demonstrating with the animals what the word meant.

I look forward to purchasing this book for my great nieces and nephews.
Kelly Cox
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily-Rose's Day at The Farm is an enjoyable book for young children. The farm animals and Emily-Rose's reaction to them make the book. And like all good books this one has a lesson to teach the reader.
Rebecca Larsen
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book for new readers. One young children will be clamoring for you to read to them. I read it to one of my neighbors little girls and my grandson and both loved it a lot. We read it several times already and they are always asking for it.
Ruthie
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Cute little book about little Emily learning about farm life and what it means to rebunctious. Lots of repetitions which is good for the little ones.
Julie
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this in exchange for an honest review.

The copy I received just contained the print and not the illustrations. Illustrations can make-or-break a picture book, and I was disappointed to not have them available for review.

This is an
I received this book as a Goodreads First Read.

Emily-Rose's grandmother has a farm, but up to this day she has never been able to feed the animals herself - "Grammy" always does it. Today's visit is her chance. Grammy takes Emily-Rose around the farm, teaching her how to feed the animals. In the process, Emily-Rose learns that it isn't all fun and games, that animals aren't always what they seem, and that it is important to listen to what you are told.

It's an entertaining story with a great mora
Imen Magroun
Jan 03, 2014
Wendy Nystrom
Jul 21, 2014
Emily Rose's Day at The Farm 1 5 Dec 06, 2013 06:51AM
Simone Da’ Costa is a writer, author, freelance magazine writer and independent publisher. She believes achieving excellence is the driving force to success.

Simone is a writer who enjoys the compelling feeling that writing brings. In the words of Miss Da Costa ‘Writing is seen as a tool with which to free yourself in a limitless world of playful words while at the same time welcome your ideas, th