Start by marking “It’s Not What You Say, It’s The Way You Say It!” as Want to Read:
It’s Not What You Say, It’s The Way You Say It!

It’s Not What You Say, It’s The Way You Say It!

No matter what your speaking challenge is, this inspirational, cleverly illustrated book will ensure you perform with passion, power and persuasion; at your very best.

Whether you are chasing a job, planning a pitch, giving a speech at a wedding, presenting to one or one thousand people, you’ll discover how to:

-Use the rule of three to win any audience over
-Prepare so you c
Published December 4th 2014 by Vermilion (first published September 4th 2014)

Be the first to ask a question about It’s Not What You Say, It’s The Way You Say It!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Today I'm bringing you a very different kind of read from my normal every day read. When I received this in the mail I honestly wasn't very interested in it, I mean, I don't read this genre, so I wasn't even sure why it was sent to me but, curiosity got the better of me and I started to flip through it.

I have to say, I found this really interesting. There were cute little illustrations that went along with the writing and overall, this was kind of a fun read and very much informative. I think fo
Anthony
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great book offering superb advice for constructing and delivering speeches of any description. It's a short book that can be read within a couple of hours and for the quality of advice you receive that is an exceptional investment in time.
The book is a great source of inspiration providing effective ideas, solid principles and, as its name suggests, useful methodologies for delivering content. I was able to utilise the advice in this book immediately and have already seen very positive results
Haifa Alhamzah
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
توجيهات وأفكار تأخذ بيدك لتقوِّي من قدرتك على مواجهة الجمهور والآخر، الرسوم التوضيحية ممتعة وظريفة جدًا.
لكن طابع الكتاب التجاري والاقتباسات التقليدية والمستهلكة استفزوني.
أفضل جزئية بالنسبة لي:
"Basically there are two ways of facing risk, One is to worry like hell, and dwell on Murphy's Law (that anything that can go wrong will go wrong).
The other is to recognize and embrace the risk, confident in your ability to rise to the occasion."
Omar Atasi
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very nicely written and illustrated... made me feel like I'm watching a movie rather than reading a book. I'm inspired... so thanks :)
Lori
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Effective, quick read to refine your presentations.
Muruli Shamanna
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

This is a wonderful book captures theme in a simplistic manner. Illustrations in the book emphasizes the concept and helps to understand the topic easily.
Ana Maria
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great little book. It is full with inspiration and ideas.
I read many books about this topic and this one summarises all you need to know about delivering a great presentation!
Don't miss it.
Sreekanth
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick read.

If I have to pick one idea from the book :

Research
Structure
Style.
Memorise
Delivery
Sadie-jane (sj) Nunis
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

Not What but How You Say It

DO not judge this book by its size. It may be compact and be filled with text set in big fonts, but this is more like a tips and tools type of book.

Mr Michael Parker is one of the United Kingdom’s most experienced pitch coaches, having worked for over 20 years with Saatchi & Saatchi. The man knows what he is talking about. He has created an easy-to-digest guide for anyone who is about to make a pitch, do a presentation, or ev
Karina
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael Parker's book is a quick read but a valuable one for anyone who needs to use words to communicate and influence--so basically, all of us.

In a short book with lots of fun images, he teaches us the basics of figuring out how to communicate effectively, prepare for it, and present it well so that we get the outcomes we want.

A few major takeaways:
1. we're always presenting and presentation always requires preparation and practice;
2. if done right, taking deep breaths and pausing actually
Rainer Setiawan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Buku yg selain menginspirasi juga mengajarkan pembaca bagaimana cara berbicara dengan baik di depan audiens: baik itu pidato di depan banyak orang ataupun berbicara kepada calon bapak mertua.

Poin-poin yg disampaikan sangat singkat dan tepat, namun tetap dapat dipraktekkan dan tidak mengawang-awang.

Buku yg sangat disarankan bagi mahasiswa yg sedang menyelesaikan skripsi/thesis dan hendak sidang
Jiri Kram
Useful. Some good tips for public speaking.
Bastian Hidayat
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book in a flea-market in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
It's a good book for a content-minded person (like me).
Aryani Kristanti
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 step to control the way you speak to public, very informative presented in entertaining way. love the book
D Balaji
Amazing read. Must read if you are a toastmaster
Abdia
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Cukup informatif mengenai tips-tips public speaking.
Vasso Kal