Start by marking “The Light Never Lies (Crater Lake Series #2)” as Want to Read:
The Light Never Lies (Crater Lake Series #2)

The Light Never Lies (Crater Lake Series #2)

As circumstances spiral out of control, Lisa-Marie is desperate to return to Crater Lake. The young girl’s resolve is strengthened when she learns that Justin Roberts is headed there for a summer job at the local sawmill. Her sudden appearance causes turmoil. The mere sight of Lisa-Marie upsets the relationship Liam Collins has with trauma counsellor, Izzy Montgomery. All ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 354 pages
Published February 4th 2014 by Huckleberry Haven Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Light Never Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light Never Lies

Start your review of The Light Never Lies (Crater Lake Series #2)
May
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More, I want more!

This series has had a lasting effect on me. From the lush setting and complex characters to the brilliant prose of the author who has cleverly and intelligently woven the story from beginning to end. To me the characters are real and I can't wait to see what happens next. Highly recommend.
Mari
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, the second 'Crater Lake' novel by Francis Guenette. This writer has a sure touch in this series she's creating, and she takes us along with her collection of very different characters who all have their part to contribute to a complex story played out in beautiful surroundings wonderfully described. Here she brings some mystery into the mix by way of the spiritual side of the Canadian' First Nation' characters, and develops a backstory for one of the main characters as we meet h ...more
P.C. Zick
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Light Never Lies is the second in the Crater Lake Series by Francis Guenette, and last fall I read the first in the series, Disappearing in Plain Sight (click here for the review).

What a pleasure to come back to the stars of that first novel and watch as they interact with each other and the new characters that come to Crater Lake and the secluded landscape of Northern Vancouver Island, Canada .

There’s so much to love about Guenette’s writing and storytelling ability, including landscape des
Gaele
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was fortunate to have reviewed the first in the Crater Lake series, Disappearing in Plain Sight, and I found a story that was rich in characters and characterization, grand vistas and the dramas that surround and often consume relationships. Guenette has returned with a second book set in British Colombia, in the remote area of Crater Lake. In this story, we continue to see relationships as they develop, clash and force growth from the characters as we now focus on a summer camp program for tr ...more
Gloria Antypowich
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

When I read “Disappearing In Plain Sight, Book One of the Crater Lake Series”, I recognized that Francis Guenette’s work was solid, with a great depth and understanding of human relationships. I totally loved the book and looked forward to the next one in the series.

When the “The Light Never Lies” became available I downloaded it to my Kindle immediately. It was wonderful to visit with the cast of characters from the first book, plus a few new ones. Once again, Lisa-Maries arrival shakes up the
Debbie Young
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having recently read and very much enjoyed Francis Guenette's debut novel, "Disappearing in Plain Sight", and having been sad to leave the feisty characters behind, I was delighted to discover that the author had a sequel up her sleeve, though was a little nervous as to whether it could match the first book.

I needn't have worried - it was every bit as good, broadening the cast of characters to include all ages and stages of life, from the newborn to the dying. Like the first book, it's set in a
Marti
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to Disappearing in Plain Sight, which I have not had the pleasure of reading. So I am happy to say that is is a stand alone book, but be warned: there are loads of characters, with what we might call an ensemble group as the main protagonists.

But holy patoly, what a read! It is all about the residents and staff in a Canadian summer camp for abused/troubled teens, and we are quickly caught up in the drama of their ongoing lives. It seemed to me like an awful lot of drama, havin
Angie Bigler
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Francis Guenette's first book, "Disappearing in Plain Sight", where I first became acquainted with the visceral beauty of British Columbia's Crater Lake. After I read the first book in the series I found myself thinking about the characters and wondering how they were doing, thankfully I got to read more in "The Light Never Lies". This book is driven by the unique cast of characters; each one struggling with a profound challenge. This book addresses serious topics such as teen ...more
Cleo deLancey
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books-read
This, Book 2, did not disappoint. An enjoyable read as we follow the lives and memorable characters of Izzy, Liam, Beulah, Bethany, Lisa-Marie and Justin. We, the readers, are treated to the addition of a few new people: Izzy’s father, Edward, Liam’s father, Alex as well as his younger brother, Robbie and a new baby.

In this book we see how these people deal with the loss of loved ones, fear, guilt, murder and attempted suicide. The author, Guenette deals with these issues with sensitivity and ap
Gwen
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A terrific follow-up to the first book in the Crater Lake series, this story features a diverse ensemble cast of characters dealing with a wide range of life's problems. Beautiful description and characters that feel like old friends are some of its many strengths. Highly enjoyable summer read reminiscent of Susan Wiggs's Lakeshore Chronicles series.
Loren Robertson
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

I enjoyed reading this second book of this series. I found it a bit confusing though due to the timeline jumping around though. But overall it was lovely to revisit Crater Lake. Wonderful characters that continue to grow more realistic with each page.
Beth Balen
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series. Just started the third book. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time putting them down so I'm mowing through them too fast!
Janice
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in series

I was glad to continue in the Micah Cam series. There are still a lot of people so it’s sometimes a lot to keep up with, however, I couldn’t put this one down either. I think there are a couple of more books but you could end with this and be fine.
Cathy Ryan
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Light Never Lies begins a few months after the end of Disappearing in Plain Sight, with flashback chapters to fill in the intervening time. The multi layered story and characters are complex yet realistic, identifiable and as totally engaging as the first time around. And revisiting Vancouver Island and the beautiful Crater Lake setting was a treat in itself, still just as appealingly evocative and visual.

Lisa-Marie returns to the Crater Lake complex with Justin Roberts, scared and with shoc
Sarah L. Minnich
Love this book!

I love this series! It is interwoven with almost real life drama, and once I've started on this series, I've devoured the books!

GOOD read Mrs Guenette!
Mar 10, 2019
Toni
Apr 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
  • Hubris (DI Munro & DS West #11)
  • To Everything A Season
  • Whims & Vices
  • On His Bended Knee (The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch #1)
  • Made of Steel (Made of Steel #1)
  • Whiskey River Rescue (Whiskey River, #1)
  • The Resurrectionist
  • Golden Poppies
  • The Secret Admirer (Detective Natalie Ward #6)
  • Flowers on Her Grave
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan, #19)
  • The Irish Cottage: Finding Elizabeth (The Irish Heart, #1)
  • A Life Without Water
  • Kissed by a Cowboy (Heart of Oklahoma, #1)
  • Secrets of the Riverview Inn (Riverview Inn, #2)
  • The Fat Detective (The Eugene Blake Trilogy Book 1)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn, #8)
Hi – my name is Fran Guenette and I’m a writer! You can check out my author's facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/franci...

I live in a small, off-the-grid cabin in a remote location, right beside a lake. My husband, Bruce and our elderly dog, Lawson keep me company.

Can you imagine a better setting for a writer? I can’t.

We have an alternate power system for our home –a combinatio

News & Interviews