Start by marking “Price of Vengeance (A Dreamscape Warriors Novel)” as Want to Read:
Price of Vengeance (A Dreamscape Warriors Novel)

Read Excerpt

Price of Vengeance (A Dreamscape Warriors Novel)

"Liam! What have you done?" Marcus demanded. "You know our teachings on revenge."

Suddenly, irrationally angry, Liam straightened. "How can you defend him after what he did? To you, to Mom, to my birth parents, to everyone we cared about?"

With a howl of despair and emotional agony, Liam dashed forward, through the shade of his father, blindly running into the sewers.

What is
Published April 22nd 2014 by Tate Publishing and Enterprises, LLC (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Price of Vengeance, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Vincent Reid
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Price of Vengeance (A Dreamscape Warriors Novel)
Charles
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This action-adventure, military-science fiction, young adult, novel is non-stop action from start to finish, interspersed with dreamscape and paranormal and romance sequences.
I don’t often read young adult novels, but the author’s venture into the worlds of lucid dreaming, psionics, and communication between the living and the dead intrigued me. I was not disappointed. It is a great debut novel and I tip my hat to Professor Springs.
The characterization stood out as very well and thoughtfully dev
Jessica Lauryn
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An interesting, well written story! Though I don’t generally read science fiction, I was instantly pulled in by the author’s voice and vivid descriptions, which are consistent throughout the book. Orphaned after witnessing the death of his parents, hero Liam is adopted by the High Councilor Marcus and his wife, who raise him along with their biological son, Randolph. Year later, Liam and Randolph become members of the colony's military. The chitin, who killed Liam's parents, are attacking once a ...more
Cheryl
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I first picked up this book to read it I was unsure about it. I like sci-fi/fantasy type books but the prospect of killer bugs/chitin being the enemy was a little far fetched for me. My first thought after starting to read this book was Starship Troopers featuring Casper Van Dien. Yet, this book was so much better than this movie. Liam exceeds Casper's performance and is a great leader. I also liked Liam's older brother, Randolf. They knew the true meaning of blood is thicker than water.

Th
S.J. Francis
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don’t really read science fiction/fantasy novels anymore but this one took me on an unforgettable ride that I really enjoyed. From the cover to the opening pages, Price of Vengeance grabs the reader and takes them on a wild ride. Fasten your seat belts for this book. I did. I loved all the original characters the author created in this young adult, science fiction, fantasy novel for all ages.
The book has a lot going for it. Plenty of action and adventure, which promises the reader won’t get
LAWonder10
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
For all fans of Star Wars, War off the World, etc., this book is for you! Orphaned at age two - after witnessing the horrifying death of his parents - Liam was given a home with High Councilor Marcus and his wife, Lidia. Along with Randolf - their biological son - they raised him as their own son. Now as grown men, both sons were members of the colony's military. Once again the same giant, carnivorous insects who savagely killed Liam's biological parents, were again attacking in huge swarms. Li ...more
Lisa B.
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Wild action and carefully crafted characters! Filmmakers, take notice!
*Roddenberry would have.
........................................................

The Price of Vengeance is a stroke of exceptional originality. Author, Kurt Spring, is a fabulous storyteller. His imagination is akin to very few authors. Every aspect of his gift pulls you in. You become part of the story with Kurt's attention to detail and graphic characters.

The Price of Vengeance is a Young Adult, Paranormal, Militar
Sondra
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Price of Vengeance is filled with surprises. Like an arch-enemy who’s a Shakespeare buff. In his battle to control the city of New Olympia, while deadly plasma blades clash furiously, evil Azurius is not beyond quoting a line or two from Macbeth or Romeo and Juliet to the book’s hero, Liam. In fact, Azurius’ final words are, “People who know Shakespeare are worth knowing.”

Like Satan in the desert with Jesus, Azurius offers Liam the temptation of power; the power to rule beside him as he execute
David Watson
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liam is a stranger in a strange land, he was born to a family of farmstead workers. At the age of two the farmstead he lived in was destroyed by a race of giant bug like creatures called the chitin. He was adopted by the by Marcus the High Councilor of New Olympia and his wife Lidia. Liam lived for 20 years in New Olympia on the planet of Etrusci under the watchful eye of his brother Randolf. As an adult Liam and his brother are part of the military defending Etrusci against the chitin.

Liam is w
Jalynn Patterson
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

What is the Price of Vengeance? One could understand why Liam is angry. Orphaned at the age of two by a group of gian
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first installment of author Kurt D. Springs’ Dreamscape Warriors series opens with sundry publisher information, such as the basis of their creed upon Psalm 68:11, although the story itself doesn’t have much religious overtone. A map of the primary setting, New Olympia, the novel also provides, alongside the dedication to the memory of the writer’s high school teacher, Stanley M. Gorski. The prologue that follows focuses on a married couple, Lidia and Marcus, who have a seven-year-old son na ...more
Kurt Springs
Mar 31, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am not really reviewing it. It would seem too much like tooting my own horn.

It was a fun book to write and allowed me to look into the shadows of my own soul. I was actually living in Ireland when the idea for this story came to me. I was months away from having to return home, after I finished my Master of Literature in archaeology at NUI Galway. The idea for a young soldier who is cut off from a city during a battle with monsters. He isn't native to the city, and was taken in as an orphan. I
Colleen B
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mymap
Total sci-fi, action, adventure. It had a very “Ender’s Game” vibe to me… with the one man/boy best equipped to fight the enemy… and the enemy armies consisting of huge insect like hive-mind creatures. The story building was very detailed, with a lot of history. I liked that that background history wasn’t unloaded on the reader all at once, but unfolded as Liam and Randolf learned the past events. I also enjoyed that, while the story was FULL of fight scenes and action, there were enough quieter ...more
Bob Rich
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a young fellow, I enjoyed reading space opera: science fiction in which the goodies defeat the baddies after many tribulations, against overwhelming odds. After awhile, though, one lot of bug-eyed monsters blended into all the rest, and as with everything, repetition palled.

I chose to read this book because of its title. When I started, it seemed to be just another space opera, and while it was well done, it was more or less a “been there.”

However, the emotions were genuine, and I got to like
Patricia  Scholes
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Liam is a soldier. And he’s the last of his family. He’s extraordinarily agile and can “step out of time,” which makes him very hard to kill. Because he’s a head shorter than everyone else in his community, he has had more than his share of ridicule.

Adopted by another family after the deaths of his parents by chitin, large insect-like creatures, he then finds that their deaths was, instead, murder, and those responsible have also killed his adoptive parents. He wants vengeance.

But vengeance ca
Melissa
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Liam had a tough life. His parents death brought him into the home of a wonderful family and while he formed a deep relationship with them, he still was a lone wolf. Physically he was different than the people around him and was teased as a child. Learning to fight and remain strong, gave Liam a strength and determination not often seen. As a soldier, he set out to protect his family who took him in and the few close people he saw as friends. When an evil sets out to enslave his world, Liam step ...more
Crystal Collier
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
War is Upon Us

First of all, this is not my genre. I rarely read sci-fi owing to a “technical detail” fatigue, but the prologue of this wonderful book started with the character dynamic, not an elaborate sci-fi world. I HAD to care. I had to know what was going to happen to my poor characters.

Liam has been raised in an adopted military family. The culture and heritage felt genuine. He’s a bit of an outcast, and I loved that he’s an introvert and man of action, always stepping forward when there’
Daniel
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction as a genre can range from the bizarre to realistic and everything in between. "Price of Vengeance" takes place on the planet of Etrusci. Liam was an orphan at an early age and as an adult he learns the truth of his past and must stand tall and fierce to help defend the city of New Olympia from the chitin.

One problem with some authors in the genre is that they fill the pages with boring tech and specs and lose the reader. With "Price of Vengeance" that is no problem as the author
Paul Bussard
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
What is the price of vengeance? It’s a question we humans should consider before taking many of the actions we do. Kurt D. Springs has done us a favor by forcing his character, Liam, to answer the question and letting us watch what happens. The story is engaging from beginning to end with plenty of action and many surprises as the reader learns, along with Liam, what his special powers are and how to use them. The sub-title, “A Dreamscape Warrior Novel” suggests that this is only the first of po ...more
A. Rick
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read.

It was a little hard to read because of a formatting problem, but I contacted the author and that problem may be corrected by now.

The story is well done and fast-paced but in some scenes moves a bit too "smoothly" for the circumstances. The author recovers well as he continues and has enough hardships and difficulties for the main character to keep interest flowing.

I'm not a fan of excessive or gratuitous violence and liked the way the author restricted himself from resorting to over
Victoria Brinius
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story has a lot of nice story lines that all meet at the end. I felt bad that Liam was orphaned, and had to live with foster parents. However I liked that he found out who was responsible for it and he wants to make them pay. Add in a great alien world created by the author, and a mysterious and a deadly person in power. The writer blends them with military members. The end was good and I thought that it was a good fit for Liam. I am looking forward to the next installment. I hope there wil ...more
Andreea Zelenyak
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was good, better in fact, than I expected!
The story was interesting and engaging , the main characters were well developed. I have to admit that I liked Randolf more than Liam. Don't get me wrong, Liam was powerful, hansome, smart, courageous and on top of that, he can step out of time...but ...Randolf was the one that made my heart cry, whenever he was in danger.
Azurius though, he was something else...I just loved this character. The games he played, the way he managed to control the cit
Mark Bordner
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was very impressed with the pacing, and writing style of this book.

Sci-fi, by it's definition, implies a genre that will stretch the imagination. This book carries some truly creative aspects, and did so without burying the reader under unnecessary detail.

An enjoyable read by a writer that clearly has the talent to reach out through the pages, and slap you around. You'll close the book wishing that the sequel was near at hand.

Well done, Kurt Springs.
Gary Springs
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Price of Vengeance has to be one of the fastest books I've ever read. It comes on strong and quickly accelerates to where you just can't put it down. The Highly focused plot structure combines with brilliantly complex characters and takes you for a ride that you just don't want to end. Can't wait for book two.
C. Coleman
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good story involving a new society, telepathic creatures, depicting the span of emotions from love to hate to vengeance. Nice setting and credibility is assured with technical explanations of technology. Suspense is tense throughout the book and heightened in the battles. A good read with a charming ending you'll need to read to appreciate.
A.C. Heller
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest... I was completely blown away by this book. Normally I don't read novels of this genre but Mr. Springs work has me rethinking my choices. The characters were impressively easy to relate too and the storyline keeps you captivated through the entire novel. Mr. Springs writing style is phenomenal and I highly recommend this novel to anyone. Good work.
Jenn
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While I am not typically a sci-fi reader, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was fast-paced and written well. I even passed it along to a coworker as a book to read while on vacation.
Rebecca
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome story! I really enjoyed the writer's style and the characters. Reads fast and delivers. Love to read more of his work.
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
4/5 angel stars
Samantha
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a fantastic read. To be honest, I was a little apprehensive at first as I am not a fan of anything Sci-Fi. However, the story immediately pulls you in. From the moment I opened up the book, I couldn't read the pages fast enough! The way this is written, the characters and the storyline come to life right off of the pages!

I can't wait to start reading the second book.
Runaja Walker
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've always been into Science Fiction, futuristic fantasy and whatnot, however Price of Vengeance was my first Sci-Fi book that I've read. Price of Vengeance is an easy book to fall in love with, what with its relatable characters and intriguing setting

Liam claims the role of the story’s protagonist, being a fairly young orphan boy who has a position in the army. He’s an outcast in his own mind though learns more and more about himself and his true worth and potential.

I feel Price of Vengeance

• Incredible Victory: The Battle of Midway
  • L.I.N.  "More human than A.I."
Kurt D. Springs is presently an adjunct professor teaching anthropology, archaeology, and geography in New Hampshire. He holds a PhD. in anthropology from the State University of New York at Buffalo, as well as a Master of Literature in archaeology from the National University of Ireland, Galway, and a Master of Liberal Arts in anthropology and archaeology from the Harvard University Extension Sch ...more

News & Interviews