Start by marking “The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2)

The Singer

(Irin Chronicles #2)

When you've lost everything you love, how do you fight the darkness?

Ava left Istanbul with a new identity, new name, and new magic she could barely control. Laid low by Malachi's sacrifice, she searches for help from the fabled Irina. But will the secretive women of the Irin race welcome or shun her? Ava's origins are still a mystery, and her powers are darker than any the
Published May 6th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Singer, please sign up.

Elizabeth Hunter
description

First time in Kindle Unlimited!

So excited to announce that the entire Irin Chronicles series is in Kindle Unlimited for the next few months. I don't put much in KU, so if you're a KU reader, grab it while you can!
➜ Amazon: http://amzn.to/2aHGk17

MY REVIEW:

Okay, so yes, this book gave me the sads to write. WHY? Well... if you've read it, you already understand, but if you're reading this, have you already read it?

I feel like this just got way deeper than intended for a GR review.

So this is the boo
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Elizabeth Hunter fans have waited months to continue the Irin Chronicles and the story of Ava & Malachi. Like me, I'm sure many of you wiped tears at the ending of The Scribe, heartbroken by the devastating loss of Malachi. As I settled in to read The Singer, I found myself a bit wary and anxious. I have fallen in love with these characters, shared their love and laughter, felt their pain and heartbreak, suffered and grieved with them. Elizabeth Hunter has the magical ability to breathe life ...more
Lonna | FLYLēF
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
FLYLeF Book Reviews

Original Post: The Singer at FLYLeF (www.flylef.com)

WITH SUCH A dramatic ending in The Scribe, the only thing that kept me from immediately burying my nose in Elizabeth Hunter’s The Singer (Irin Chronicles 2) was the time it took to download it onto my Kindle. Luckily, that was only a stretch of ten minutes or so, and I was blissfully back in the Irin world.

Ava lost everything she loved. Now she must find the courage and strength to continue on with a new identity and a new magic she can barel
Ira
4.5 stars.

It’s difficult to review this book without spoiler.
So, I will review this series after I read book #3.

And I still loves it very much! ❤
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Come Back to me Stars

"I will tear the threads of heaven to return."

description

The Scribe, left us with a cliffhanger from hell.

The Singer, picks up immediately and takes us for a wild ride across countries, realms and human souls.

If the scribe was about Malachi, then definitely the Singer is about Ava. Her ancestry, her powers, her despair. A story about grief, healing and the immense power of love. A race to reunite two lovers, whose passion will save the entire world and restore centuries old wrongs.

Ir
Phrynne
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I gave the first book in this series only two stars because I found it slow and boring although I thought some of the problem might have been the poor quality of the audio narrator. So I made sure I got hold of a print copy for this the second in the series. As it turns out this one is much, much better. It has it's slow parts but it also has a lot of happenings and some of the characters are really growing on me. I keep waiting for Ava to do something fantastically magical but I guess I have t ...more
-ya
I like Elizabeth Hunter style of writing, and find the world building for this trilogy interesting. But good lord, this second installment , imo, was most noticeable for its repetitive information and slow pace. Plus, I was on the fence with the heroine Ava in the Scribe, but in the Singer, she did not fail to get on my nerves throughout. Not to mention MCs only met in the freaking dream world ( or say other plane whatever) in ~80% of the book. Not cool! *urg*
Douglas Meeks
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am having a much harder time writing the review for this second installment in the Irin Chronicles, it is not because it was not amazingly good, it is more because I hardly know where to start (or where to end)

We know at the end of The Scribe which was a novel of romance, danger and sacrifice that Ava was almost a broken person. In this novel we have a journey across Europe to find the Irina the females of the Irin race who have all but separated themselves from the world for their own safety.
Jacqueline's Reads
May 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, ku
2.5 What Happened Stars?

To say I’m disappointed would be putting it mildly. I gave the first book five starts and finished it in one sitting. I suffered through The Singer and I only finished it because I loved the first book so much.

Let me tell you this, I really hate it when the couple is separated for a majority of the book. I don’t know why authors do this. Well, I do no why, it’s called a filler book. It really upset me when it happened in Twilight and yet it happened again in this series.

I
Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
3.5 disappointed stars!?!

I am not even going to lie, it took me a while to finish this book. It didn't even peak my interest until about 60% and even then it was meh...

The constant talking in circles, and being all cryptic better be worth it or else this series will suffer like CoHo's Never Ever series....

I believe this book is what people call middle child syndrome? The attempt to build a cryptic exciting mind-blowing plot to get he readers to instantly buy the next installment, when in all act
D.G.
**2.5 stars**

I picked up this book because of the way the previous one ended - I'm a sucker for the separated lovers trope. However, once that happened, I had no desire whatsoever to find out how this ends.

In The Singer, we learned a little bit more about the conflict between the Irin and the Irina. It still didn't make much sense to me how you would let your enemy divide you but it happens so there you have it. There was just so much freaking politics in this book that I probably dozed off a co
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I love the way Hunter's books spark something in me from the moment I pick up her book. How her words dance around in your head long after you are finished. How her characters become a part of you, embedding in to the very fibers of your being. At least that is how it has always been for me. And those feelings have only gotten stronger with each book she releases. And here I am now, reviewing another book. Another book that I was scared to start only for the mere fact that once I was done, it ma ...more
Fate's Lady
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
While this wasn't an awful book, it also didn't have much that stood out to me. The first book was incredible in the immersive descriptions of Turkey and in the unusual and fascinating setting. I loved that the city was almost a character unto itself, and I liked the way the relationships developed.

For me, this book was more like a placeholder. Mal has amnesia, so his old relationships and life are just sort of explained to him and development/growth freezes. Ava is meeting tons of new people,
Anne - Books of My Heart
OK, as I feared I devoured this all in one sitting. Early review on the blog tour (with giveaway), Friday, May 2nd at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks. Release date is May 6th.

This is the second book in the Irin Chronicles urban fantasy series by Elizabeth Hunter. I think like most urban fantasy, because it is one long story with appropriate stopping points, it is better and almost necessary to read the books in order. (Book one, The Scribe, is amazing and
Kara-karina
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review

Joint review with Victoria

Karina:

I loved The Singer even more than The Scribe. If the first book was tentative and spent a lot of time establishing the world-building, in the second book Elizabeth started spreading her wings. Her world expanded, her secondary characters multiplied and the plot thickened.

Paranormal fantasy is the right genre to describe this book. It's not straightforward enough to be paranormal romance and it's not as full of action as urban fantasy. Instead, it follows the rout
Blodeuedd Finland
I did like book 1 a bit more because of where the story took place and because of the build up. Also because Ava annoyed me in this one :/

So Mal is dead, no he is not. He is back and has amnesia. Being all good and well good as always. And trying to find Ava. All while Ava is in Norway missing him. No annoyance there yet, that comes when they meet. I mean honestly girl! I am gonna smack you over the head! You do not deserve him. At that point I wish he had left her.

The story stagnates a bit as i
Sunny
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Singer is book two in the Irin Chronicles. This story is an exceptional follow up to the world established by Elizabeth Hunter in The Scribe.

Having discovered that she is an Irina, Ava travels to learn more about and train with one of the few communities of Irina's left in the world. She is mourning the loss of Malachi and forging forward to create a life for herself in this new and confusing world. Malachi, having returned without his memories, struggles to be reunited with Ava and regain
Quynh
5 stars

Vashama canem. Come back to me. With these words, Ava brought back her mate though he's not entirely the same man. With spotty memories, Malachi tries to find his way back to the voice that has been calling out to him. Unbeknownst to Ava and her own power, she is led away to a haven for Irina for protection and to learn and control her power.

As Malachi returns to his brothers and get their help to find Ava, there's a power struggle between two Fallen angels, each with their own agenda f
Minni Mouse
What made The Scribe an entertaining, 4.5 star read -- contemporary setting, paranormal intrigue, romance, and action -- was dully absent from this book. Chock it up to middle book syndrome, bad book allergy, or unrealistic expectations because either way, this book bored me to tears.

THE GOOD
1) We meet this Sari that Damien is always on about.

2) Teases of Jaron and the other Fallen Angels being important to the story.

THE BAD
1) Lackluster plot + middle book = bland storytelling.

2) The (view s
Kimberly
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
THE SINGER is an epic romance that delves deeper into a mystical world filled with magic, traditions, customs, and war. Elizabeth Hunter returns with another heart-stopping, addicting installment in the Irin Chronicles by exploring the many facets of love, loss, friendship and self-discovery. This may be a paranormal series, but on the most fundamental basis, it is a story about love – not just any love, but an all-consuming, powerful kind of love that extends beyond death and into the heavens.

Mayanna
Mar 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
I AM FINALLY DONE OH SWEET SWEET VICTORY!

Was the book good you ask? ... No it was TERRIBLE
description

The Singer is the second novel in the Irin Chronicles, following the journey of Malachi and Ava, this picks up exactly where The Scribe left off. I thought this would be epic, especially after the ending of the first one (which FYI was just bloody amazing). I was wrong, so, so, so wrong. I took a break at 50% in April and finally came back to it at the end of May skimming the last 50% just so that I could s
C.S.
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading Elizabeth Hunter's writing since before she was Elizabeth Hunter. We've been friends for many years. In those years, her writing has grown immensely. I consider myself fortunate to be have the inside scoop on her projects, and I read The Singer in March.

I'm going to be honest. With some very rare exceptions, I'm not a fan of vampires. I think they're hard to do in an original way. I haven't gone out of my way to read a vampire series since Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire My
Zeek
Betsy
Because Elizabeth Hunter is a five star author and an auto buy I feel compelled to explain and a little guilty about a 3 star rating. At the end of this book I was very hard pressed to finish, I was committed and did it but it wasn't easy for me. I am presuming that this book is providing some infrastructure, some backstory and transitioning us for the future. Buuuuttt, this is only book two, I was not ready for a transitional book already. Everybody is on the run. Everyone is confused. Frankly, ...more
Rachel Marks
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes JD Ward or Cole
This was a bit predictable, but I still had all the feels. I've found that the last few sequels I've read lagged a bit. This one was much less annoying because I cared for the characters a lot more. I still really love them both—no annoying leaps in development there and I love how there's almost this dark thread weaving through; like, what's her purpose? and all that. Really liking that thread and curious where Miss Hunter takes it.

I'll definitely be reading on into book three to see what happe
Annika
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've rarely encountered books with such fantastic, well-developed world building. The Irin history, their magic, even their politics - utterly fascinating. Combined with Elizabeth Hunter's tranquil and beautiful writing, and one of the most touching romances I've read in a while, this book series makes for a more than just enjoyable read.

Also, I love the setting of this story. Lots of places all over Europe, cities I know personally or heard a lot about.

On to book 3!
Rebecca
I adore this series. It's unique and flows so well.

I tried reading this installment, but had to switch back to the audio. Zachary Webber is addicting.
Belkis
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My LOVE affair with this story continues! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! I cannot wait for book 3!
RoloPoloBookBlog
The Singer by Elizabeth Hunter
Book #2: The Irin Chronicles
Source: Author
Rating: 4/5 stars

The Singer has been near the top of my highly anticipated reads list since the moment I finished The Scribe in 2013. In many ways, The Singer totally delivered but in others, it left me frustrated.

With the recent death of her mate Malachai, Ava is absolutely shattered and in her current state unable to control the new and fearsome powers that are coursing through her body. Though the other Irin have been co
BookPauper
A very solid continuation to the series. The only reason I didn’t give it full stars is because I started to get tired of all the dream walking these two were doing. Enough already. I am so ready for the next book.
I cannot wait for the next book 2 27 Jan 05, 2015 02:09AM
The Challenge Fac...: Angie & Ezinwanyi - The Singer 71 29 Sep 24, 2014 03:01PM
Who's Your Author?: The Singer (Irin Chronicles #2) by Elizabeth Hunter; Start Date in May 14th 19 33 May 19, 2014 03:11PM
The Singer BR ♥♥ 5/12 9 21 May 15, 2014 11:06PM

• The Undying God
  • Courage (Mark of Nexus, #2)
  • Angelstone (Dark Angel, #2)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • Ocean of Dust
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • Noah's Wife
  • The Nightmare Stone
  • Dark Cravings (Dark, #1)
  • All Hallows Night (Night, #2)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • Resurrection (Dominion #4)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • A Hot Winter (Attraction #2)
  • ASMODEUS: Demon of Lust Part 1
  • Give Me Desire (Reason, #3)
  • Summoned (Summoned, #1)
  • Daughter of Mythos (Mythos #1)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Irin Chronicles (8 books)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3)
  • The Staff and the Blade (Irin Chronicles, #4)
  • The Silent (Irin Chronicles, #5)
  • The Storm (Irin Chronicles, #6)
  • The Seeker (Irin Chronicles, #7)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
“You will always rebel,” he whispered in her ear. “Against power. Against control. Against the will of others. It is in your very blood, Ava. I may have fallen, but you ripped the threads of heaven itself to get what you wanted.” 0 likes
“We’re all frightened sometimes.” Leo’s voice was barely over a whisper. “But you don’t run away. You never run away.” 0 likes