Start by marking “The Time Traveler's Boyfriend” as Want to Read:
The Time Traveler's Boyfriend

The Time Traveler's Boyfriend

Claudia’s geeky boyfriend Adam has just invented a time machine.

No, really—he has. She doesn't believe it either until Adam provides her with definitive proof that he does, in fact, have a functioning time travel device sitting in the living room of his Manhattan brownstone.

But instead of getting ready to accept the Nobel Prize, Adam has very different plans for his
Published February 2nd 2014 by Dev Love Press

Start your review of The Time Traveler's Boyfriend
Vivi
4.5 stars!

If your boyfriend asked you to go back in time and prevent the accident that has bounded him to a wheelchair for 16 years...

Would you be brave enough to do it?

Or could you tell him No?

When Claudia's boyfriend, Adam, builds a time machine for this sole purpose... Will she use it?

Claudia is scared out of her mind and the risks of something going wrong in Time-traveling are high... But can Claudia really deny Adam of a future in which he can walk?

"Adam just offered me an opportunity to
Marlene
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

The Time Traveler’s Boyfriend is a sweet and utterly charming tale about the lengths that people will go to in order to help the ones they love. Or to keep the ones that they love.

Claudia wants to fix the past for Adam, the man that she loves. But what he wants her to fix, and what she wants to fix, are not exactly the same.

Adam wants Claudia to go back to the day of his accident, and prevent the events that put him in a wheelchair for the last 14 years.
Melody
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book was the best book I have ever read from Annabelle Costa!! It was so sweet and geeky that I couldn't stop smiling. I loved the twist and ugh I just want a guy like Adam.
Issa
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2014-challenge, m-f, free
Claudia's in her late 30s and totally in love with her boyfriend Adam. But Adam keeps himself somewhat aloof and resists marriage no matter how much he knows that's what she wants. It puts Claudia at a crossroads, she doesn't want to start over, she loves Adam, but can't go on like this forever.

Adam, though, does want something from her. He's an inventor, tinkering and inventing all sorts of different things but the big one is a time machine. He asks Claudia to go back and time and prevent the
Valerie
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014-reads
3 stars - The cover really fits this one!

First Impressions...

The cover really is cute and the blurb had my interest. I enjoy a little sci fi thrown in with my story. I haven't read this author before but I was excited to give this one a try.

The Characters...

Both Claudia and Adams are older. They're in a committed relationship but Adam is reluctant to take the next step. He claims he was ruined by events in his life before he met Claudia. Claudia just loves him and wants to get married and have
Stephanie
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very cute

The characters were likeable and was quick easy to read. I enjoyed this story very much. I recommend this book
Jean Holtof
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like to read time travel novels to see how creative authors will be with the methods. This one was cute, no fuss, just created a time travel machine last night!! What an interesting basis for time travel, undo the past and still be who you are when you come back... oh well, worth a try. I enjoyed the writing style, quirky and full of wit and sometimes dark humour I liked Claudia and her good intentions... which didn't always come out right of course. I recommend this book and I will be reading ...more
Melissa Basnight
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Claudia wants a marriage proposal from Adam, but he is not ready. He is in a wheelchair and not sure he wants to burden her with his disability. He builds her a time machine to go back in time to stop his accident so he will not become paralyzed. No matter how much he wanted to change time his fate was always the same. Claudia loved him just the way he was and he finally realized that she did.
Rainy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The suspense was killing me.

I have to admit, not my favorite Annabelle Costa book, but still very good.
Annabelle is an amazing writer who writes very funny, and touching stories.
I am addicted to her books.
Trudi Jorda
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Cute and clever but could use a bit more plot to get your teeth into! Who wants to spend most of the story listening to her whine about her boyfriend not being able to commit? I liked the time jumps and the premise but would like more plot and something to put my teeth into!
Paula
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-first-reads
Enjoyed the time travel story. Thought I knew the outcome, but was surprised. I liked the characters. Did not like the foul language! Would have been a good cozy without the foul language.
Aida
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very cute read! It was somewhat short but still a very endearing and fun book.
Morgan Blomstedt
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cute story that held my attention.
Mona
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Although the story was kind of predictable and I wanted to slap the heroine over the head several times for being so naive, it was a fun read and very cute Story.
Lisa
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks, romance
2 1/2 stars for me. I really like time travel books. This one was cute but lacked any real character development.
Cheryl Lopatka
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very intriguing story

This is such an interesting book! It's quite a story and it kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loved the surprise ending. I recommend this book because it's sweet and an unusual love story.
Reeka (BoundbyWords)
As seen on my blog:

I'm going to tuck my literary magnifying glasses away, and write a review for The Time Traveler's Boyfriend based on exactly what it was trying to be: a cutesy book with a slightly deeper life lesson. Time travel in my fiction is as near and dear to my heart as my own flesh and blood, yes, the dramatics are necessary. I LOVE time-travel, the concept of it, the execution of it through words, and ONE DAY! the execution of it in real life...yes? *sigh* One can only hope.
kim
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I picked up this book, I didn’t expect much from it. Oh, I expected to like it. I wouldn’t have agreed to review it had I not. But I didn’t expect to like it nearly as much as I did! What I expected was a light romance, but the time-travel had me a bit worried. I’d tried to make it through The Time Traveler’s Wife a few years ago and just couldn’t, so I though I had something against time travel. (I’m not sure why, because I’ve read and enjoyed other time travel books and Back To The Future ...more
Ryan Snyder
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I enjoyed this book so much! The book is told entirely from Claudia's point of view. She is a thirty eight year old woman who has found the love of her life. Adam is a geeky, but sweet and sexy man who is the same age as her. All she wants to do is marry him and move in with him, but he seems to have residual commitment issues. He tells her that ever since he landed in the wheelchair, his life has been miserable- she is the only good thing in her life. When he builds a time machine and asks ...more
Darlene
Mar 19, 2014 rated it liked it

Would you be willing to go back in time to help or change something in the past? Well that is the question that Claudia is faced with in The Time Traveler’s Boyfriend by Annabelle Costa.

Claudia has been dating her inventor boyfriend Adam for over a year. Claudia is in her thirties and ready to settle down already. However Adam doesn’t seem to be as he hasn’t asked her to marry him or even to move in with him. Is it because of his disability that put him in a wheelchair? Or is it because
Alison
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, although it is set in the US it had a very British feel to it.

Claudia is in love with her boyfriend and wants to get married and move in with him. Although Adam loves her back he is unwilling to commit to her and she finds it very frustrating.

When Adam invents a time travelling machine he wants her to go back in time and stop him from getting hit by a car - the accident that put him in a wheelchair. But when Claudia agrees she has a different plan, to save him from the bitch of
Anna Marie
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished, and I want to read it again, to see what I missed the first time... it's one of THOSE books. Because it's time travel, and you're seeing things from differing places/eras, etc.

Here's the story: Claudia loves Adam. Adam loves Claudia... but he won't marry her. SHE thinks it's either because a) he's disabled and doesn't want to trap her down with him, or b) he has commitment issues from the woman before her, who was his first post-injury love and who crushed his heart. So when he
Tia Bach
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Claudia is in love with Adam, a man of science with commitment issues. One day, he asks her a special favor: go back in time, via his own invention, and change his destiny; a destiny that lands him in a wheelchair.

How can she deny him this one thing? Her adventure back is eye-opening. Everything she thought she understood about their life together is upended.

Time travel is a tricky subject. No matter how well explained it is, the potential paradox problems are too often glaring. So it takes a
Tiffany
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Easy, fun read... but cheesy predictable

This is an easily digestible love story about two people destined to live out a boldly unique love story. The two main characters, Claudia and Adam, are super likeable and you can easily root for their happy ending. It helps that Claudia's character is older (mid-thirties) and just jaded enough that her sarcasm has general distaste for immaturity and BS comes across as understandable, endearing and real.
While the basics of the plot are... pretty cheesy,
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
Would you travel back in time to help the one you loved? This is a story that makes you wonder about all the things that could go wrong.

Claudia is dating Adam. He is in a wheelchair due to an accident from his past. He latest project is to create a time machine … to stop him from being stuck in a wheelchair.
Although Claudia and Adam have a great relationship, there are things in the past that prevent Adam to fully committing to more than they have at this time. No marriage or living together,
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club, 2016
This is my book club's "sci fi" book and while somewhat sci-fi since there is time travel involved, not extremely futuristic. But still very enjoyable and it goes to show you can't go back and change time despite your best efforts.

I liked Claudia and Adam, both good people who know what they want, it just takes time to be on the same page. They both had their own issues but since they are in the mid to late 30's, have matured and gotten past most of the childish issues we have growing up. I
Elizabeth Ray
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING!! Isn't it the best thing ever to get a free Kindle book and have it be great? I love that!!

This story sucked me in immediately with the engaging dialogue. I also like to see people with disabilities included in a book, so I was automatically intrigued. I felt for Claudia with her boyfriend being unable to commit. Their relationship was so sweet and charming, anyway, though. I loved both of these characters.

I also loved reading about the incredible things Adam created!
Julie Malcolm
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I have to say that I took a dislike to Claudia quite early in the book when she mentally called a child she was teaching stupid because he was struggling to read a simple word. I kept reading because I was sufficiently interested in the time travel aspect plus there's always the possibility that a character will grow and develop into someone likeable over the course of a book. Not Claudia, for the most part she was self absorbed, self serving and not a great improvement on her 22 year old self. ...more

• Love In Touch
  • Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2)
  • His Road Home
  • Love is Blind (Love is #1)
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Under Covers (City Girls #1)
  • They Say Love Is Blind
  • Lucky Penny (Keegan-Paxton #5)
  • Chasing Fire (Fire and Fury, #1)
  • Come Monday (Jake Sullivan Series, #1)
  • The Sallee Rovers (Pirates of the Narrow Seas, #1)
  • Iron Men (Pirates of the Narrow Seas, #3)
  • Men of Honor (Pirates of the Narrow Seas, #2)
  • Heart of Oak (Pirates of the Narrow Seas, #4)
  • Down The Rabbit Hole
  • Wheels of Steel: Book 1 (Wheels of Steel, #1)
  • Beware the Stranger: B. E. Ware Book One (The B. E. Ware Series 1)