Start by marking “Wild Mint Tea (A Farm Fresh Romance #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Mint Tea (A Farm Fresh Romance #2)

Wild Mint Tea (A Farm Fresh Romance #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  255 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
She's rooted deep. He flies free.

Local-foods chef Claire Halford envisions turning Green Acres Farm into an event destination. Weddings prove trickier than she imagined when the first one comes with a ruggedly handsome brother-of-the-bride, who has everything but a fixed address. Oh, and faith in God.

Noel Kenzie loves the freedom his reforestation company affords him. Why
Published March 1st 2014 by Choose Now Publishing (first published February 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Mint Tea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Mint Tea

Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-audiobooks
I enjoyed listening to the audio of this second book in the Farm Fresh Romance series by Valerie Comer. The story line flowed smoothly and kept me interested. Then there was a big incident at the end of the book that had me on the edge of my seat!! LOL

*Thanks to the author for a complimentary copy of this book. I was not paid or required to post a positive review and all opinions stated are my own.*
Paula Vince
This is the second in Valerie Comer's 'Farm Fresh Romance' series. Those who read 'Raspberries and Vinegar' will remember Claire as the practical and undemonstrative chef, whose dream of making a go of the self-sustained lifestyle farm is nonetheless huge. This is her story.

Wanting to earn a bit more money to put into the project, she applies for a temporary position as chef with a reforestation group. The boss, Noel Kenzie, turns out to be undeniably attractive.

The two main characters are diffe
Chris Unwin
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm Hooked on this Series

This is book two in the series and could be read alone. However you would miss quite a bit of background on the main characters. This book starts just a few months after the last one ends and is Claire's story. Clean Christian read. Fun romance. Quick light read. On to book three for me!
Janet Sketchley
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Claire Hadford and two friends have bought a farm in Northern Idaho with the goal of turning it into a hands-on demonstration of sustainable living. They've built an interesting straw-bale house (efficient, warm and dry, and far better than the mouse-infested trailer they started out in) and are ready to begin hosting events.

All three women share the grounds-keeping and gardening work while holding down outside  jobs to help with expenses. Claire is a chef, desperate to find a better gig than th
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Wild Mint Tea" by Valerie Comer is another five star book. It is the second book in the Farm Fresh Romance Trilogy" .

"Wild Mint Tea" begins with Claire Halford applying for the job of temporary chef at Enterprising Reforestation.

Noel Kenzie is the owner of Enterprising Reforestation, a tree planting service, who doesn't hire Claire because of the instant attraction, they both feel.

To soften the blow of Noel not hiring Claire, Noel asks his sister Amber to have her wedding at Green Acres and tha
This is book 2 in the Farm Fresh Romance series. It is not necessary to read book 1 first, but if you prefer to have the background history and staging for book 2, pick up Raspberries and Vinegar (book 1). My clean-reads and Christian friends who enjoy romance, will like this nice little story about Noel and Claire. Noel is in the reforestation business. He stays on the move from one place to the other and has little time for God or permanent relationships. Claire loves God, and has established ...more
Christine Lindsay
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read the first book by this author, Raspberries and Vinegar, and book 2, Wild Mint Tea, was equally enjoyable. I really love these Farm Fresh Romance' novels with their rural settings and the FOOD---oh the farm-fresh food!!!! Valerie Comer has the most scrumtious way of combining the story of food with that of the human heart.

In Wild Mint Tea we return to the farm Green Acres, only this time the romance flies between Claire Halford and Noel Kenzie. Things get off on the wrong foot when Noel w
Suzanne Marble
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this free through goodreads. This book is breath-tingling, and mind numbingly good! I loved Claire instantly and she was the kind of character that anyone would be able to relate to. She is spunky, fun, and very foreword. It brings you in with thinking about your own morals, and keeps you with page-turning goodness! I Loved every minute it and it was a fairly quick read. Nothing that you spend days reading and end up not finishing. It had a great plot line, and was simple to follow. Word s ...more
Dawn Turner
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Other than the fact I struggled to remember this was a male Noel instead of a female No-el due to such a strong association with Christmas with that word and the fact I've never known a guy with the name, I loved this book. There were times I wanted to slap both Noel and Claire upside the head, which is a good sign, since it means the book really drew me in. I was up very late reading, read it straight through in one sitting. Another good sign. The story was believable and a fun read. The author ...more
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of 6.5
Margaret Fisk
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Originally published on Tales to Tide You Over.

Wild Mint Tea is the second in Valerie Comer’s A Farm Fresh Romance series, and both builds on the first and stands alone. Claire and Noel are very different people than Jo and Zack with their own hang-ups and expectations.

Claire is the quiet sort, at least where her own needs are concerned, but she’s quick to help all others, and proves quite good at it. Sometimes it feels like she needs to listen to her own advice, something she learns when measur
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Wild Mint Tea. Claire and her friends, Sierra and Jo, are working hard to create their dream of sustainable living on their farm. Claire dislikes her job at a restaurant in town and applies for a high paying short term cook position with Noel’s reforestation company. Sparks fly when Claire and Noel meet at the job interview.

Despite Claire’s excellent credentials, including her previous chef position at a top Seattle restaurant, Noel overlooks Claire for the job. Feeling
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: farm-lit

This series is absolutely amazing!

Can I tell you a secret? This review is for the second book of the series, but…

I’ve read every one of them . . . every story!

Not surprising, you say? Well, what I’m trying to tell you is that I never stopped reading . . . except to get a few hours of sleep and work. As soon as I arrived home each evening, I picked up where I had left off the night before and dove back in!

That’s why this review is just a tad late (forgive me, Valerie . . . and readers).

I have fa
Sara Goff
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Valerie Comer has written book two in her Farm Fresh Series, and it's as good as her first. Wild Mint Tea packages true love, page-turning suspense, and an ending that leaves you smiling and hopeful. But what makes this romance special? Its message of love without boundaries.

A hardworking chef of organic, locally grown delicacies, Claire Halford believes love comes at the end of a check list and puts her dream of running a farm with her girlfriends in the small town of Galena Landing first. You
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Claire Halford would dearly love to get the job cooking for the tree-planting crew of Enterprising Reforestation. It would mean that she could quit her short-order job at the Sizzling Skillet, Galena Landing’s main eatery. But good-looking boss Noel Kenzie doesn’t fall for her farm-to-table, cook-what’s-local-and-in-season ethic, though he can’t help but realize he could fall for this perky city girl-cum-farmer in Wild Mint Tea, Book 2 of Valerie Comer’s Farm Fresh Romance Series.

In the story w
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adored the characters in this book. I instantly liked Claire with all her spunk and Noel was just “bad” enough but not too bad. I liked the fact that he really didn’t want to settle down but he was drawn to this woman who had roots (pun intended) down deep in her community.

Valerie did a great job of building tension between these two and I couldn’t wait to see them get together. The whole time I kept wondering how Noel would ever decide to plant roots with Claire. Would he give up his business
May 31, 2016 added it
This second book in the Farm Fresh Romance series by Valerie Comer was very enjoyable. I felt she dealt with real problems with Christian women in the modern age. The characters made me laugh, and made me annoyed on occasion. They brought out the emotion and I wanted to know what happened next.

I must say I didn't like following Claire as much as I liked Jo from the first book, but it was great the old characters were involved with new things happening in their lives as well. As always, I enjoy
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I was surprised that Claire was book two, pleasantly so. In #1, it seemed that Claire was clearly in the cynical not falling in love category, but Noel comes along and changes her mind. Both characters grow in their faith as they resist their feelings for each other and then a growing relationship. The foodie aspect of this story was a fun foray into a world I don't know much about.

Also, continuing to see the other characters and how their stories progressed connected me more to t
Linda Rainey
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just started re reading Wild Mint Tea by Valerie Comer and I get something new every time I read. There is a section close to my heart: The definition of sustainability is growing as much of our food as we can to have the least possible impact on the environment.
This is the planet that God made and we need to honor it.
This is a love story between Claire and Noel but at the same time it's a love story between the women of Green Acres and the land.
We are stewards of the Earth and we need to honor
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claire is part owner of Green Acres and a chef. As a child she was hauled across country by her parents; never putting down roots. Now, she has roots set in Idaho.

Noel is a wanderer. He own a reforesting company and moves from place to place planting trees. After turning down Claire for a job as the chef for his workers, he can't seem to get her off his mind. Feeling sorry for her, he sends his newly engaged sister to Green Acres for her wedding planning. This puts him in direct contact with Cla
Angela Meyer
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
There is something to be said for building something from scratch and working for your dream. When you work as a family – even when your family is those you labor with for your dream, you put down roots. Something most people long for. Maybe because it is so widely missing in our culture.

That is a lot of what you’ll find in Wild Mint Tea. Roots served up alongside a lot of good food- your likely to get hungry reading this book, mixed together with a measure of faith and offered with a serving of
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Farm Fresh Romance Book 2. Loving this series of friends and guys they meet. Chef Claire interviews with Noel for a cook position with his logging camp. She wanted to contribute more to Green Acres Farm where her two other friends were helping to turn their dream into a reality. Not getting the job means she has to continue working at the Sizzling Skillet. Not the ideal job. Funny how Noel and Claire keep running into each other. Doesn't help that Noel's sister wants Claire and friends to plan ...more
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I throughly enjoyed this book! When I started this series, it was far from my normal genre. I tend to stick more with regency, but this series is great! Mrs. Comer has done an excellent job with the writing & bring the characters to life. I was a little afraid the storyline would be similar to Raspberries & Vinegar but it was completely different & great! If you are looking for a good, clean meaningful read set in today's time the first 2 books in this series are definitely something ...more
Tina at Mommynificent
I love that the three main characters in this book (and the others in this series) are followers of Jesus – we rarely see or hear followers of Jesus talking about sustainability and using our planet wisely and I think we should! I loved the plot line and the gentle romance of this book. I also really appreciated both Clair and Noel's spiritual journeys as revealed in this book, and I am excited to watch them continue both in their relationships with each other and with the Lord in the future boo ...more
Katy Cater
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Claire and the gang at Green Acres face new challenges from nature and business growth in this second book of the Farm Fresh Romance Series. Valerie Comer again addresses the deeper issues of life including marriage, parenting, discerning God's will, and trusting God in trial.
The Audible narration for this book is well done as the narrator is pleasing to listen to and seems to capture the various personalities of the characters.

I originally read this book on Kindle and enjoyed it, so when the a
Linda Husvar
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this sequel to "Raspberries and Vinegar" as the three friends try to cope with their retreat farm business. The romantic tensions between Claire and Noel add interesting drama to the story line. I liked the portrayal of their struggles to grow in their faith while dealing with their conflicting values. The author skillfully used a community crisis to make the characters realize what is truly important in life. Highly recommended!
The religion is still too fundamentalist for me, but I remain interested in the characters and their sustainable living ideas.

Not rated because it's too different from my usual.

Edited to add: I could do without the female characters being intensely into each others' business when it comes to romance.

A plus is that as of September 2016, I have great quantities of spearmint, and could use it to make tea.
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an incredibly delightful book. I so enjoyed reading about trying to turn a farm into a self-sustaining farm and an event and wedding location truly has it's moments. I laughed and cried with the ladies as they set about obtaining their goal. Letting go and letting God sure sounds good but boy how difficult Claire found it in fact. Highly recommend this book. I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it.
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Valerie's Farm Fresh Romances are just the kind of books to curl up with ... a cup of mint tea. (Okay, maybe mine isn't wild). Her characters are real and deal with real everyday issues, very down to home. I love them. This second story in the series is Claire's. And her man, Noel. Both have to come to the realization that life may not be what they plan. But growth really the best way to live. Thanks, Valerie, for a good story and good lessons, too.
Liz Pitt
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't even think I can begin to explain how much I love this series! From the earth loving, eco warriors to the fact that they love and serve the Lord, I could relate so well to these characters. Clare is a character that I really enjoyed, and Noel is definitely a man after my heart, preferring the quiet of the forests to the city. I love that it's a romance but doesn't subtract from the message of caring for the planet and loving God.
Christian Books -...: Wild Mint Tea by Valerie Comer 1 8 Mar 25, 2014 05:00PM
  • Finding Mr. Write (CANDID Romance, #1)
  • Worth the Wait (Those Karlsson Boys, #2)
  • Hallowed Halls (Hallowed Halls #1)
  • The River of Time Chronicles (River of Time #1-3)
  • A Christmas Bond (Sacred Bond, #0.5)
  • Home for Christmas
  • Love in the Details: A November Wedding Story
  • A Christmas Peril (The Teacup Novellas #5)
  • Her Love (A Gentleman's Daughter #3)
  • A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3)
  • Christmas Diamond (Jewel #3.5)
  • Deliverance (Enslaved Series, #2)
  • The Thorn Keeper (Penned in Time #2)
  • The Road to Testament
  • Truth or Dare
  • Smitten Book Club (Smitten, #3)
  • Heaven's Prey (Redemption's Edge, #1)
  • Two Down, Bun to Go
Valerie Comer’s life on a small farm in western Canada provides the seed for stories of contemporary inspirational romance. Like many of her characters, Valerie and her family grow much of their own food and are active in the local foods movement as well as their creation-care-centric church. She only hopes her creations enjoy their happily ever afters as much as she does hers, shared with her hus ...more
More about Valerie Comer...

A Farm Fresh Romance (6 books)
  • Raspberries and Vinegar (A Farm Fresh Romance #1)
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • Dandelions for Dinner (A Farm Fresh Romance #4)
  • Plum Upside Down (A Farm Fresh Romance #5)
  • Berry on Top (A Farm Fresh Romance #6)