Start by marking “The Submission Gift (LA Doms, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Submission Gift (LA Doms, #2)

The Submission Gift

(LA Doms #2)

Newlyweds Jay and Adriana had a happy marriage and a spectacular sex life—until tragedy struck. Wounded in a car accident, Jay spent a year recuperating while Adriana worked overtime as a chef to pay their bills. Though he's made nearly a full recovery, some aspects of their intimate play will never be the same. It's a small price to pay, all things considered.

But when a l
Published March 24th 2014 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Submission Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Submission Gift

Talltree
May 11, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
The Romance Evangelist
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books

A copy of this book was provided by the author and the publisher for an honest review at The Romance Evangelist.

I enjoyed reading THE DOM PROJECT earlier this year, and was glad to see that there would be additional books in the LA Doms series. But I did worry (because I’m a worrier) that the loss of the previous book’s co-author might somehow have an adverse affect on the series going forward. The good news is that THE SUBMISSION GIFT isn’t merely the equal to its excellent predecessor
Jody
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Those looking for a steamy read will get exactly that in this atmospheric story where the BDSM scenes are intense and not for the faint of heart and the concept of marriage and commitment takes on a very modern meaning. I've not read anything by Ms. Ames before and commend her on crafting a story that pulled me in against my will as the BDSM scenes were a bit too intense even for me at times. That didn't keep me from finding this a compelling read though the story did go over the top occasionall ...more
Mojitana
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love is a funny thing. It's not always "Happily Ever After. The End." but a journey you take with another person.

Jay and Adriana are lovers. I use this term because they're not just "in love" with each other they are actively loving each other. Jay had been injured in an accident, the bills were mounting and Adriana was working overtime to cover everything. Stress that might break any relationship but the two of them struggled to go through it together. They have a passionate and satisfied sex
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Copy received in exchange for an honest review

*********

This was much better than I expected!

I read M/M/F and M/F/M and in all honesty, while I like a good story to go with it, it is rare to get a true emotional journey along with that.

This was a full length novel and offers quite a bit more then you would expect from the synopsis!

Is it going to be for everyone? Even those that read M/M/F - no, it is not. It blurs gender lines and skirts the edge of what a lot of people would be comfortable with.
Nicole
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014, review, smut
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2014/03/25/...

I’m always on the look out for a good BDSM book, and I do love my m/m/f books, so I thought this would be a wonderful combination. While there were a lot of aspects that aren’t commonly seen in romance, the BDSM aspects crossed a few lines for me that ruined my enjoyment of the overall story.

Jay is struggling to recover from a car accident that left him with a lot of medical bills and pain. Despite that, his marriage to Adria
Lissette
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Happily married, Jay's life took a different turn from the moment he was involved in a life-altering accident. He never imagined just how much pain and heartache he'd endure in the process. His wife, Adriana, has done everything possible to make sure that he overcomes his ordeal. Granted, he's doing just that. So much so, that he'll do anything to show her just how much he appreciates her.

When news of their winning the accident settlement reaches Jay's ears, he knows exactly how to show Adriana
Heather Cole
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by a friend and fellow Goodreads pal (thanks, Brit!) as something up my alley (sorry, that sounds terribly dirty). OK, I'm not sorry. ;-) This book turned out to be surprisingly hot... like fulfilling my masturbatory fantasies hot.

At fist I was skeptical. The novel follows a married couple as they hire, and eventually become personally involved with, a professional Dom. I'm polyamorous myself, so I was interested in seeing how that aspect played out through the n
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
This book is a full Novel with with a HEA, how very awesome. Our H/h are Jay and Adriana and they both submissive personalities with Jay also being bi-sexual. They have an open relationship with Jay seeking male/male hook-ups from time to time. Jay knows that Adriana wants domination in the bedroom, but he is just not able to hurt/push/control her. When money issues are resolved after his accident, Jay surprises his wife with a paid escort (Paul) that will dominate her in the bedroom. Paul is al ...more
Asher
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a standout piece, and was unusual in all the right ways. I am not a big fan of m/m/f pairings, because so often you see the two men in the relationship constantly going NO HOMO. Ames embraced the queerness and bisexuality of this threesome in one delightful, sweet, and lightly kinky little package. Jay, Paul, and Adriana have a beautiful connection that is clear in Ames writing. There were some interesting turns and bumps in the story line, but I felt that it was a cohesive read, and th ...more
Lee
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very well-written, hot, steamy and oh-so-kinky story that will be a sure winner for most erotica fans. Definitely impressed with the author's writing style and characterization and am looking forward to more books from her!
A. Jones
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Solace Ames knows how to write an erotic scene! This book was definitely HOT, but the story itself wasn't so strong. You will enjoy it, if you take it for the steamy read it is and not expect much more.
Jackie
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kazen
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Watching Jay, Adriana, and Paul fall in love is awesome but when the shit hits the fan, look out.

The good:

- Protagonists of color written by a woman of color, which I am forever and will always be here for.

- Paul is white while Jay and Adriana are Latinx and it's a cross-cultural reality without becoming a focus or sticking point. There are other people of color represented, and Jay and Paul are bisexual.

- Man, the sex is hot. If you like domination, bondage, and people pushing their boundari
Xan West
Content Warnings (view spoiler) ...more
Kate Crowe
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
The Submission Gift is the second book of the L.A. Doms series. Jay has suffered for the past year due to injury in a car accident. Adriana, his loving wife has cared for him without complaint. As a way to thank her for her love and devotion he hires a rent boy, or escort, named Paul to give Adriana the things that he himself can’t give.

Jay and Adriana have a marriage with a very interesting dynamic. They are very much in love, and at the same time best friends. There are no secrets between them
Britt Marczak
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I quite enjoyed the first book in this series, The Dom Project, so was excited to see book two on Netgalley and get approved for it. But unfortunately, this book didn't work for me as well as the first one. :(

There seemed to be a lack of chemistry between the three main characters to work for me, but most especially the woman. Beyond that, the kinks involved in this book (at least through 15%) didn't mesh with my kinks. I'm certain
Kaetrin
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up.

Why I read it: I was provided with a review copy by the author.

What worked for me (and what didn’t): This book had a very strong start for me. I enjoyed the love and acceptance between Adriana and Jay. I liked how they each wanted the other to have everything they wanted sexually but could not necessarily personally fulfil. I liked it even though in real life that would threaten me so much I’d just hide in the corner forever. But these characters are not me and that was ve
The_Book_Queen
DNF at 60%

I'm not sure why I kept reading. I knew around chapter five that, unfortunately, this type erotica is not for me. I thought I would try something new when I picked this one up, but clearly I'm not the audience for this kink (humiliation play, etc).

Add to that the fact that I couldn't connect with any of the characters (especially Adriana, who came off as nothing more than an orifice for sex for much of the book) and I knew I couldn't finish this book and rate it. Because my rating woul
Solace Ames
Feb 04, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: published, mmf
Advance Reviews:

Publishers Weekly (Starred Review): The Submission Gift by Solace Ames
A husband hires a "rent boy" to satisfy his submission-craving wife, with no idea of the consequences for all three of them, in Ames's debut, a tender, erotic ménage romance.
Rose Fox: A Garden in Riotous Bloom
It's so full of love, desperate sweet tender scared passionate love, the best sort of married love, the best sort of new-relationship love, family love, love of one's work, just so much love.
Melody
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, unable-to-finish
Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect with the characters. I understand that this story starts in the middle of their relationship and their love and marriage is already established but I didn't feel the connection or the love. I was not able to relate. And I felt that the characters were too full of contradictions and I just wasn't able to finish the story.

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Lizzie Ashworth
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The text was dense and well written, and the characters ultimately well fleshed out. I had a hard time connecting with the female character, and ended the book believing the author was a male. That's because the most intimately related point of view was that of the dom. The progress of this relationship interested me and it felt real. Entirely nontraditional sexual situation and overall interesting story.
Katherine
Intense. I read this book with a sense of dread - I could feel the plot twists coming, and dreaded the sadness it would bring to the main characters. I had to stop reading every few chapters to take a break. So yeah, this book is intense. I really loved all three characters - they are fascinating, gorgeous, intelligent, etc. Their backstories are teased out, bit by bit. This is a really well written book.

Bought from Carina
TinaMarie
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Saunders
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
this was a bizarre read. a really strange, strange book.
Heather
I started reading this one but I simply couldn't connect with the characters at all and just couldn't finish reading. I can't say that the book was bad, just not for me.
Angie
Jan 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Could not get into this book. Skipped to the end and still was confused.
Aerin
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I genuinely adore the development of the relationships in this book. Solace Ames writes characters who are real, strong, damaged, and captivating. And the sex is smoking hot.
Mandi Schreiner
I can't finish this one. It's not that the writing is poor or anything, but the kink is just too much for me. Not enjoying it.

LA Doms (3 books)
  • The Dom Project (LA Doms, #1)
  • The Companion Contract (LA Doms, #3)
“No, it’s cool. I have some introverted tendencies. Too many names and faces and it’s information overload, and having an excuse to go off and take a break in the kitchen really works for me.” 0 likes