Start by marking “The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls (Iron Seas, #4.6; Kraken King, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls (Iron Seas, #4.6; Kraken King, #6)

The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls

(The Iron Seas #4.6)

Experience the incredible adventure and heart-stopping romance of the Iron Seas in this thrilling steampunk tale from New York Times bestselling author Meljean Brook.

The Kraken King, Part VI
The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls

Reunited, Ariq and Zenobia must journey over the red wall and make a desperate appeal to the one woman with enough power to halt the
Published May 20th 2014 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls

Start your review of The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls (Iron Seas, #4.6; Kraken King, #6)
AH
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Initial Thoughts: I want an Ariq of my own!

My Review:
Part VI contains chapters 21-24 and is approximately 80 pages long.

cue the adventure movie soundtrack as Zenobia and Ariq find themselves north of Red City, Nippon. I was humming the Indiana Jones theme song.

As in the previous parts of this book, this section begins with a letter from Zenobia to her brother Archimedes detailing her latest adventures and her location up to this point in the story. It's a rather clever way of recapping previous
Kelly
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*makes crazy eyes at everyone* Man, the buildup to this installment had the tension level ratcheted up into the red zone. Zenobia has agreed to get to know Ariq to see if they're compatible and their banter is ridiculously sweet. Meanwhile, the sexual tension side between the two of them has things ready to explode. In more ways than one.

AND IT IS GLORIOUS.

I adored Ariq's easy acceptance of so many of the quirks that make Zenobia Zenobia. He wants her to write because it makes her happy. He
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Vivacious Valkyrie - Marta:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

Episode six in this amazing story which although steampunk will appeal to all lovers of a good story. Just two more episodes to come and then our adventurous heroine Zenobia's story will be told. Although primarily a tale full of mayhem and amazing things in this instalment the author ramps up the steam ! Prepare to sit back and vibrate with need for more as Ms Brook seems determined to
Karissa
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth part in the eight part serial novelization of The Kraken King. The Kraken King will be released as an entire book in August 2014. This was a wonderful addition to the novel but definitely the most romance heavy installment in this serial novel.

Ariq and Zenobia have arrived at the Red City. Ariq is trying to talk to the embassy and get an audience with the Empress of Nippon in order to stop the marauders’ plans. Zenobia writes to her brother in hope of getting him and Yasmine to
Ellie
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story keeps its intensity and fast pace in Parts V and VI. Ms Brook adds some more political intrigues to the already complex plot and we finally see Ariq and Zenobia come together as a couple.

Apart for the adventures (Part V is quite action-packed), we also learn more about the inner world of the characters. Zenobia shows some of her fears and Ariq is rather explicit in expressing his desires.

I really like how Ms Brook mixes a true adventure story with a larger-than-life romance in this
Melindeeloo
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the episode we've been waiting for, it was sooooo worth the wait.

As Ariq and Zenobia return to the Red City after their ordeal, Ariq must fight a different kind of battle to win an audience with the Empress so that he can save his people - a battle in which his power and skills as former rebel leader will do him no good. And so he enlists the help of Zenobia's friends ambassador husband Basile to fight with words and diplomancy - and I loved the ending to the conversation when they
Monica
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Complete review on coffeeandbookaholics.wordpress.com

What to say? This was the most amazingly beautiful part of the series so far. Oh myyy! The descriptions of the Red City are wonderful and Zenobia's character, well she is just an amazing character, inspiring to real women showing us to be practical and that courage comes whether you believe you have it or not.
And Ariq, well I could tell you but then your reward would be lessened when you read it. Can't say much more without giving away
Olivia ツ
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE Zenobia and Ariq. Just love. Their chemistry is just right. Theirs is not just full of passion but respect. A trait too often overlooked in romance.

All that teasing and waiting was so worth it!!!
Jess
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for_review
Loved this part. LOVED!

Review to come...
Syahira
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk
worth the wait. of course, explicity abound. finally. hehe
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Marta Cox
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Episode six in this amazing story which although steam punk will appeal to all lovers of a good story. Just two more episodes to come and then our adventurous heroine Zenobia's story will be told. Although primarily a tale full of mayhem and amazing things in this instalment the author ramps up the steam ! Prepare to sit back and vibrate with need for more as Ms Brook seems determined to drive her readers wild.
Zenobia and Ariq seem to have finally reached an understanding and realise that they
Talk Supe
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Review for Parts 5 & 6

PARTS 5-6:
Man, this book is looong! I'd never thought I'd say it but I'm thankful THE KRAKEN KING is a serial otherwise it'll be one long epic adventure and I mean that literally!

So it's quite impossible not to read parts 5 and 6 back to back because of the events that happened. In part 4, Zenobia Fox was once again abducted for the nth time! So of course in The Kraken King and the Iron Heart, it's expected that Ariq will waste no time in rescuing her. And that he did
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Review of installments IV-VIII

Ariq has discovered who Zenobia is, but he still needs to uncover all her secrets, as well as win her heart, as she has surely managed to steal his. But he has a plan, her walls will fall under his sensual assault and she will learn to trust him and tell him all her secrets. But, as well as the battle to win Zenobia's heart, Ariq must also discover who is threatening Kraken town and stop their plot before a new war begins.

I confess I waited till all parts of this
Amy A
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Originally posted at Vampire Book Club

Part 6 finds Ariq and Zenobia traveling back to the Red City in hopes of being able to talk someone into calling off the troops on their way to Krakentown and other surrounding areas. Ariq is hoping to appeal to the Empress directly, unfortunately no one just demands an audience with the Empress. So Ariq must bide his time.

So what, you ask, will Zenobia and Ariq find to do while ‘biding their time’? As if I need to say. The sexual tension between Ariq and
Fangs for the Fantasy
Zenobia and Ariq are stuck in the Red City as Ariq tries to negotiate Nipponese politics to try and gain access to the Empress and stop the devastation wrought by her war fleet; all used to try and force Ariq’s hand

While they are in the city the two become close, their relationship becomes public and Zenobia begins to understand what marriage to Ariq means

This is the first book of this episodic series that disappointed me and I wasn’t a big fan of. And it’s entirely down to that episodic nature.
FV Angela
Another awesome episode. I love this couple.

Review originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-kraken...

After being plucked right off an airship and wooed aboard a balloon by her lover, Zenobia has finally agreed to try to make their relationship work. They’ve had some alone time, talked out their feelings, made a plan and are determined that as a team they will find a way to defeat their enemy. Now they are back in the Red City and must sit and wait while their appeal for help is heard
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
I'm assuming that if you're reading this, you've read the first 5 parts (but not necessarily this part, so no spoilers for that here).

Aaand, we're back to the Red City. Ariq and Zenobia's only option to stop the destruction of Ariq's village is to appeal to the Empress. It's easier said than done, though, as access to the Empress must be carefully negotiated.

This is an installment that, on the plot side, works mainly to set things up for what I'm assuming will be the grand finale. Not a great
All Things Urban Fantasy
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Joint review of Parts V & VI

For those who loved THE KRAKEN KING AND THE INEVITABLE ABDUCTION, Parts IV and V of THE KRAKEN KING serial keep the action and the passion turned all the way up. Blackmail, hurried marriages, daring escapes and a love match worth savoring, these two portions of the serial show how great THE KRAKEN KING can be.

Part V, THE IRON HEART, now ties THE INEVITABLE ABDUCTION as my favorite of the series, as both Ariq and Zenobia get a chance to exhibit the skills that make
Stephanie  G
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it

Zenobia and Ariq are one step closer to the Empress. They have made it over the wall of the Red City and are sitting in quarantine while he drums up enough support to move along the wait time to see the Empress before his and Zenobia’s kidnappers reach his people. I know I’m being kind of vague but I’m trying not to give away too much of the plot. Not easy in a serial!

What I’m happy to shout from the roof is…it finally happens! After all the buildup, Ariq and Zenobia finally hit the
Kathy
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Tori
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2014/05/review-...

MY REVIEW AT SMEXYBOOKS CONTAINS REVIEWS FOR PARTS 4-6 in ONE POST.

Part Six-The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls

Zenobia and Ariq are finally reunited but no one is safe with war coming. Ariq finds himself at a loss when his need of the Empress of Nippon’s ear collides with his need to keep Zenobia by his side and from rebuilding her walls against him. The decision is taken from him when he and Zenobia are forced into quarantine to
Hilly
3.25 stars. Rounded down, because it was a bit tedious.

This did have great, comedic moments: my favorite scene was Ariq's conversation with Helen's husband, the ambassador Basile Auger. That alone kicked it over the 3 star mark. However, it was a highlight that wasn't sustained.

While the scenes between the women were okay, I found them less effortlessly humorous.

The mundane was over-utilized (i.e., hair-brushing, household-moving) and Ariq's hyperbolic declarations to Zenobia therefore felt out
Monika Barys
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 of Iron Seas, preceded by Riveted & hopefully followed by another book???. This is a book written as a serial, made up of 8 parts: 1.The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster, 2. TKK and the Abominable Worm, 3. TKK and the Fox's Den, 4. TKK and the Inevitable Abduction, 5.TKK and the Iron Heart, 6. TKK and the Crumbling Walls, 7. TKK and the Empress's Eyes, 8. TKK and the Greatest Adventure. This was a great way of telling the story, especially since Zenobia is a writer of serials ...more
Mskychick
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: henrico-ebook
Fav quotes:
Yesterday, Ariq had been certain that he couldn’t love her more. Would she prove him wrong every single day? He hoped so.

“If ever you need it, I will level mountains to give you a desk. Even if an army is at our door, I’ll hold them off until your ink runs dry.”

he quietly laughed with her before murmuring in Mongolian against her lips. This time she understood everything he said, because it was murmuring within her, too, indelible as ink, as if his name had been tattooed beneath her
Mary
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the 6th part of the Kraken King serial story.

Zenobia and Ariq have escaped the Rebels and are in the Red City. They need to speak to the Empress of Nippon in order to get her to stop the fleet from destroying Krakentown and the smuggler cities on the coast of Australia. But, the Empress only sees people on her own schedule...

I love the characters and the overall story line, so I am breathlessly waiting for the next in this series. While nothing really happened, this was an
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
6/10: Good light-weight read, well done.

Short, but sweet.

Although, it is hard to rate four wee chapters detailing only part of a story any higher than 3 stars. Unfortunately, the serial format in this instance just doesn't work for me. Instead it has detracted from the overall (maybe excellent - I can't be sure, it's been too segmented) book.

Ariq still rocks though. Even in instalments the man is good.
Krissys
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star, featured-books
I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.

I especially loved this installment because you get so much more intimate interaction between the main characters. Their relationship is heartfelt, deep and more than that its the kind of relationship that inspires trust, honesty and genuine feeling for each other. Meljean stands strong as a writer in the sixth installment of the Kraken King.

thuy
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As you can tell by the title of this one, Ariq and Zenobia finally stop dancing around each other and do the deed and let me say, it was well worth the wait. Zenobia stars to lower some of her walls to let Arizq in and he takes full advantage. Longer review to come but this book is a must read. The serialization is killing me a bit but it's also kind of fun to have a new little reading nugget show up in my inbox each week. Only 2 more parts left!

• Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Minimum Wage Magic (DFZ #1)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Poison or Protect (Delightfully Deadly, #1)
  • Allegiance of Honor (Psy-Changeling #15)
  • The Lord of Heartbreak (Reluctant Regency Brides #2)
  • Unnatural (Enlightenment, #4)
  • The Duke of Ruin
  • The Marquess of Temptation (Reluctant Regency Brides #3)
  • The Demon's Den and Other Tales of Valdemar
  • Unforgivable
  • The Two Week Curse
  • Beast Caller (Witch Queen #1)
  • Survive the Dungeon (Dead Dungeon #1)
  • Dark Matters (Class 5, #4)
  • The One Who Eats Monsters (Wind and Shadow, #1)
  • The Kilkenny Series Bundle
  • Grub Line Rider (Louis L'Amour)
Book info: I am the author of the Iron Seas steampunk romance series. I've written a guide to the world (including a map) on my website.

I also write a paranormal romance series, the Guardians. That series guide is also on my website, including a "The Story So Far" feature, which allows you to catch up on all of the books that previously released in the series if you start after the first

The Iron Seas (5 books)
  • The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1)
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • Riveted (Iron Seas, #3)
  • The Kraken King  (Iron Seas, #4)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
“I think I couldn’t love him at all if he was the sort of man to make me choose between him and my writing.” And” 0 likes