Start by marking “Practically Investing: Smart Investment Techniques Your Neighbour Doesn't Know” as Want to Read:
Practically Investing: Smart Investment Techniques Your Neighbour Doesn't Know

Practically Investing: Smart Investment Techniques Your Neighbour Doesn't Know

If the last financial crisis cost you money, you may be wondering whether you should continue investing in the market. After all, you have bills to pay and a job to keep-and you can't spend all your free time crunching numbers.

With the help of an expert, you can control your financial future by making small shifts in what you are already doing. Author Coreen T. Sol, Charte
Published January 29th 2014 by iUniverse

Christine
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway.

As a CGA, Practically Investing was a quick refresher of basic finance; to someone with little or no financial knowledge, I could see this book as being a very daunting read.
Similar to a textbook, Practically Investing was laid out with logical chapters, building on content as the book progressed and often referring back to previous chapters in order to more fuller grasp terminology. The real life examples although very simplistic helpe
Sherry
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Practically investing by Colleen Sol is an informative guidebook on controlling your financial future. It covers a wide range of topics some quite technical. The writer does a good job of trying to explain these areas with examples and stories to make it understandable to the reader. A very useful glossary is also included. Worth reading no matter what stage of life you're in. A goodreads give away thank you!
Christine
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book last year, and have gone back to it a few times for reference.

I liked how the author explained the financial world, and made investing easier to understand. I appreciated the glossary as it helped me with all the financial terminology that I heard about but had little idea of what it was.

I thought it was a very interesting read, and anyone who is looking for more financial knowledge should enjoy this book.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thank
Patricia
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good guidebook for anyone wishing too set up an investment plan. Comprehensive glossary of the terminology that is used in the financial market and as such is a great book to have at hand. A large amount of information so I would suggest keeping it on your bookshelf but definitely a read one should do before looking for a financial manager.
Peter Kralka
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still slowly readings as I'm reading to learn. Completed first four chapters and value the information already covered.

Finished reading the book today. I learned a lot more about investing on top of what I already knew. It reinforced what I already knew. Chapter 5 on pooled products was of particular interest.

The format and writing style made a dull subject interesting and easier to understand. For this reason I'll be passing the book on to my adult children to help them understand investing fo
Noah
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveways
Practically Investing by Coreen T. Sol is a fantastic book! Coreen a CFA with experience in the field has crafted a terrific book for those that want fianancial knowledge and are curious about investing. Not only that but i think that a great deal of people would be intersted in this book due to the excellent writing.

The book is jam packed with examples, charts, definitions,fiancial information,numerous ways to invest your money and much more! Stocks, RRSPS,Mutual funds,etc its all covered in t
Eva
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With the new year, it’s a good time to read this book and follow through on some of Coreen Sol’s recommendations to improve our financial well-being.

Although I started reading this book some time ago, I find that we can read various chapters that strike our interest and continue later on. I find this enhances the understanding of her useful advice.

The chapter on “Alternative Investments: The New Frontier” was of particular interest. The details provided give the reader a general understanding
Matt Goldman
Aug 16, 2017
Coreen Sol
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coreen Sol
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
S (Thismidnightwhite)
Wing
Oct 13, 2016
Connie
Oct 14, 2016
Coreen T. Sol, Chartered Financial Analyst, is a Portfolio Manager with more than 20 years of experience in private wealth management and a passion for inspiring change and altering the way we invest.

Beginning her career as a teller at the Royal Bank of Canada, she worked in a number of personal and corporate positions before managing a small community bank branch in New Westminster, BC. During th
“Volatility in the up direction is not a problem-it's only downward volatility that offers discourse.” 2 likes
“Understanding the value of a security and whether it's trading above or below that value is the difference between investing and speculating.” 2 likes