Start by marking “My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)

My Soul Immortal

(Fated Eternals #1)

An endless love, for an endless price.

Jack’s immortality is exposed when he prevents a liquor store heist, forcing him to flee to protect his secret—a secret not even he understands. But when he meets Leah Winters—a mirror image of his decades-lost love, Lydia—his very soul is laid bare. He begins to question his sanity. Is she real, and if so, what does that mean for Jack
Published February 15th 2014 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about My Soul Immortal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Soul Immortal

Start your review of My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Synopsis

Jack has lived a long time, after realizing that he was immortal at a young age. Although well over 100 years have passed, he still mourns his lost love who died suddenly, Lydia. Jack can only spend so much time in one place before people will become suspicious of a man who looks twenty years old for extended years, without aging a single day. When he intervenes in a robbery and is supposedly fatally shot, he must move to another location, and he chooses Portland, Maine.

One day, he encou
Carrie
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Jack tries to do the right thing and stop a robbery but when he is shot he needs to leave town yet again. During the robbery Jack was shot and since he is immortal those wounds will heal very quickly and give away his secret so again he finds himself moving and starting over.

After heading across the country and beginning to settle in a new town again Jack meets Leah Winters who bares a striking resemblance to the love of Jacks life, Lydia, who died years before. Jack finds himself drawn to Leah
Micheala
I loved it!! Every aspect. It's exciting, romantic, the plot is riveting and will always lead you to want more, and wonder what's going to happen, how the current situation is possible...it's just so good!

Jen Printy is an amazing author. This is the first book Ive read from her. I'm not talking about the plot either, (though that was awesome); I'm talking about her writing. She has a way of writing that sucks the readers right in. When it comes to her descriptions, there's none of that "telling
Brianna
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
thought it was good, didn't really connect with the characters much. I'll add my full review soon.
Jola
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review also on www.jolasbookshelf.wordpress.com

It's been a while since I've read a good paranormal romance story. In fact, I tend not to read them lately, with the excepcion of Richelle Mead and Cassandra Clare. I decided to read it anyway, because the blurb caught my interest and I liked the book trailer. Thankfully, I wasn't dissapointed in this story.
The fact that was the most appeling to me, was that the story was told from Jack's POV. Having a main male character in this genre is rare and
Amber
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Jack Hammond's immortality is exposed when someone shoots him. It is only when he escapes with a bullet stuck in his back that he lands in Portland, Maine and stumbles upon a woman who reminds him of his girlfriend Lydia who has been haunting his memories for an awful long time. Will their fated love survive or is it doomed to fail? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good paranormal romance that I have decided
Ivan Amberlake
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-be-reviewed
This will be a tough one for me. The blurb sounded fantastic, and I looked forward to reading this book. It was really good at the beginning, but then it just dragged on and on, and now that I’m finished I have to say I expected so much more. It’s not about the writing. The writing is excellent, almost perfect – the editors at RAP did their job well. It’s the plot that didn’t grab me until the last few pages. When you are on page 266 of a 310-page MS and it starts getting a bit more interesting, ...more
Liz F
May 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Review copy courtesy of the author.

**This review is for a DNF**

I read the premise of this book and it sounded interesting and it also looked like the start of a new series and I love books in a series...more time to get in depth in the world and characters. But I just couldn't get into this book at all.

Leah, the heroine, seemed completely fine but unremarkable. She works at a coffee shop and she seems to feel some kind of attraction to the hero. It started to look like Leah was some kind of dist
Caitlin L
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites this year! Full review on my blog :) www.thebooksbeyond.blogspot.com ...more
Beffer4
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This writer is extremely talented.
Dianne
Who or what is Jack, a man who cannot die? Why is he immortal? As a man, he is caring, protective, alone and broken hearted. Over a century before, he lost his soul mate, the love of his life, but then along came this girl, Leah and she looks exactly like his long dead Lydia. There is much more than a physical likeness to his Lydia, there is something within Leah that recognizes Jack. They both harbor secrets that they finally have someone to share them with. Is Fate finally being kind to Jack o ...more
megHan
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I want to start off saying that I am not a romance fan. When this came up for blog tour, something made me grab it up. It sounded like such a different storyline - and ended up completely surprising me.

Jack has been alive for over 100 years - and not aged physically a day. Not only that, but he heals very quickly and he has no idea why. He loved once - loved completely - and lost her. He has never gotten over this, but when he meets a random stranger, he not only feels things he hasn't felt in a
Renea Mason
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Jack and his 'unusual' plight. Then there is Artagan, the quintessential bad boy. The love story at the heart of this novel is timeless and the writer's style descriptive and captivating. I highly recommend this novel.
Jessica Belmont
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a whole lot of male leads lately, so I was really excited to read My Soul Immortal. Plus the synopsis was really intriguing.

My Soul Immortal has themes of love, loss and second chances. I absolutely love Jack as a main character. As a reader, I could feel his lonliness. I could feel his longing for death that never comes. He is a strong person, but a person can only take so much and has dealt with all of it over and over as the years go by.

I love the romance in this novel. Part of
Holly
*I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
*Review can also be found at The Fox's Hideaway.

I was immediately intrigued by the synopsis, and I couldn't wait to dive into this one. I had no trouble with the narrator, Jack. Sometimes, he came across as distant and a little cold, but it kind of fit his personality. He has immortality, and he's lived a long time. He's seen and done a lot of things in his life, and he doesn't really care about anything. He's just tryin
Bookish Miranda
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Originally posted @ Miranda's Book Blog
*Sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Let me just say, I've had a phenomenal year of reading GREAT books! So with starting out this review I'm not quite sure how to say this.

Well, I'll start with the positives:

The plot: The whole storyline was super original. Not once have I happened upon a book with a similar storyline. So props there.
Setting: I loved the setting. When I found out this book takes place in Maine AND England I was supe
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Jen Printy and Red Adapt Publishing for giving me this book to review.

Jack is always moving from one place to another because he does not die or age. When Jack moves to Portland, he meets Leah, the spitting image of the girl he loved who died over a century ago. As Jack begins to obsess about Leah, he also starts to question his sanity. When he is approached by the mysterious Artagan who claims to have information about what Jack is. As Jack and Leah grow closer, Jack realises he is pu
April Wood
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Soul Immortal is an urban fantasy about long-lost-love and second chances. It is told from Jack’s point-of-view, an immortal both cursed and gifted with eternal existence. Sadly, he’s lonely, and desperately missing his soulmate, Lydia – a woman who died decades ago.

“Every hero gets the girl, and every villain gets to die. I envy them all.”

When Jack meets a woman named Leah, he sees something familiar in her emerald-green eyes. Could it be possible that Leah is really Lydia, returned to him?

S
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Don't you just love it when you get a book that is completely different from anything you have read before? I know I do, which is why I thoroughly enjoyed this story by Jen Printy. She has set up a world completely different from anything I have read before, with not a vampire or werewolf in sight. Instead, it is a whole new world, most of which you learn from Jack's point of view. This as well makes a nice change, to read it mainly from the male's perspective.

The writing and editing were fanta
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***3.5 STARS ***

This book took a different form of paranormal. Jack is immortal. He has been alive for 170 years. The question is how he became immortal? He can't die, but doesn't know how he came to be that way.

He has lived a life of moving from one place to another. He stopped aging at 20. He tries to have as normal of a life as possible, working odd jobs and keeping a low profile.

He expected to life as he knew it to continue when he moved to Portland, Maine. Instead he found a beautiful woman
Angela
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story, with beautiful writing to match!
Natasha du Plessis
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am sorry to say but I have never heard about Jen Printy but this book has rectified that oversight very quickly. I will now look for her books wherever I go. This was an amazing book to read and had me with a typical readers dilemma, I wanted to read faster to find out what was going to happen but I also didn't want the book to end. I loved the characters in the book as well as Jen's writing style, she has the ability to suck you into the book and the lives of the characters. Fantasy is my all ...more
Yvonne (It's All About Books)
brmysoulimmortal
Finished reading: September 14th 2014
Rating 4

“He implied he would return. But when? Tomorrow or one hundred years from tomorrow? What's soon to an immortal?”

*** A copy of this book was kindly given to me by the author through Ethereal Book Reviews in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
(Guest Reviewer Program) ***

(view spoiler)
Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic
I received an e-copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
My Soul Immortalis a story about Jack Hammond, an immortal trapped in the nightmares of his past. He carried the guilt on the death of his father and Lydia, the love of his life. After a night that could possibly reveal his true nature forced him to move to another place. And there he met Leah, a dead-ringer to his Lydia, and Taragan, a man who might just be like him, and holds the key to all his questions.
Believing himself to be
Rae King
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

My Soul Immortal is the story of a man named Jack, who was born with eternal life. The novel is told from Jack's POV, and I absolutely loved being inside his tortured mind. He lost the love of his life, Lydia, over a century ago and lives every day with a broken heart that longs to be reunited with his soul mate. Jen Printy paints a vivid picture of his depression that made me empathize with Jack's 'curse'. He has terrible flash-backs that fo
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Jack Hammond has been around for 170 years. He can’t die. After his true love succumbed to an illness he tried many ways to end his existence and none of them worked. So, every few years he moves around to keep people from being suspicious of his 20-yr-old looking face. However, when a liquor store robbery in LA goes wrong, Jack is shot twice with fatal wounds. He knows he has to skedaddle or face questions he can’t affor
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-requested
*ACTUAL RATING: 3.5 STARS*

I sped through this book fairly quickly because it is a very fast paced novel that one could read and finish on a cozy winter weekend. I really enjoyed this story and the entire aspect of the immortality that is discussed and how closely connected Jack and Leah really are. The entire story was full of mystery and intrigue until the very last page that left off on a cliff hanger, leaving me wondering what was going to happen next. The narrative was told in a very proper
Rebecca Lane
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal)

They say never judge a book by its cover, and it is so true. If I had just looked at the cover I probably wouldn’t have chosen this book and that would have been a real shame.

This book is brilliant; I just couldn’t put it down. There were points where I was hiding the kindle under my work so I could sneakily read when my boss wasn’t looking! Naughty I know but I was addicted!

It was refreshing to have the story told fro
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
I received a copy of this book via the author in return for an honest review.

This book was really cool.

In the world of literary works, we have often seen many, and i stress the many remakes of the same 'soul-mates' story line. Honestly, at times i feel like running away when i see the word 'soul mate' in a blurb.

However, when the author approached me to review this one, i was intrigued and when i began reading, i knew i made the right decision. I really liked this book.

We delve into the realm
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story that kept you on your toes, in the beginning wondering what or who Jack was. Jack couldn't Die and he was over 100 years old. I loved this story and the fact that it kept me on my toes.

Jack was a strong character, he didn't know what he was and was in search of this info, but he was also living all these immortal years with a huge loss, the love of his life from centuries ago. Living a life constantly moving around the world with the toss of a dart to determine his next
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Art of Death (Curse Breakers #1)
  • Touch of Smoke
  • Of Ice and Snow (Fairy Queens #0.5)
  • Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1)
  • No More Time (A Dodie O'Dell Mystery #5)
  • Pineapple Upside Down Murder (The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series Book 1)
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • Out of Options (Century Cottage Cozy Mysteries, #0,5)
  • Cliff Hanger (A Maggie McDonald Mystery #5)
  • Peach Clobbered (Georgia B&B #1)
  • Deadline with Death (Time-Slip Mysteries, #1)
  • Curse and Consequence (The Whitby Tales, #1)
  • Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Murder (The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series Book 2)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • The Swiss Mishap
  • I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)
  • I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
  • Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)
Since childhood, Jen Printy has been writing. Whether stories about a fantasy world or everyday life in Maine, Jen loved losing herself in the worlds she created on paper. The arts in all forms have always been an important part of Jen’s life, a love instilled in her by her father. When Jen isn’t writing, she’s sculpting as a freelance doll artist.

Jen lives with her husband, two daughters, and div

Fated Eternals (2 books)
  • Council of Souls (Fated Eternals, #2)

News & Interviews

“Times haven’t changed all that much. Every woman still longs for her own Mr. Darcy.” 6 likes
“Every hero gets the girl, and every villain gets to die. I envy them all.” 4 likes