Start by marking “Marathon Training: The Proven 100 Day Program for Success” as Want to Read:
Marathon Training: The Proven 100 Day Program for Success

Marathon Training: The Proven 100 Day Program for Success

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
26.2 miles never seemed so easy as it will when you read and use Marathon Training. The 15-week program and training diary ensure success, whether you want to run your first or fastest marathon. The runners' writer, Joe Henderson, will instruct, equip, inspire, inform, and humor you through a training process that will maximize your potential and minimize your chances of i ...more
Unknown Binding, 264 pages
Published February 1st 1997 by Human Kinetics Publishers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Marathon Training, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marathon Training

Lesley Looper
Jul 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: running
I enjoyed reading this book, which takes a relaxed, but serious view of marathon training. Joe Henderson encourages rest days, crosstraining, and walk breaks as needed during training runs and marathons. He also warns that a runner cannot show up at a distance race unprepared; training is an INVESTMENT in Marathon Race Day.

This book is broken into 100 "Day" segments, with a different (though often similar) article for each day, and a training log as well. Articles run the spectrum from training,
Starfire
Reasonably good reading and presented some good information to keep in mind when I'm ready to start marathon training.

I'm not sure if I'll use this particular programme, but I may well adapt some aspects of it if I don't find a ready-made one that looks like it'll work perfectly for me "out of the box"
Melissa
Feb 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. The presentation of daily strategies and thoughts is excellent and makes it easy to read while reading other books. It is also very empowering and inspiring, especially if one is training for a marathon.
Ross Bishoff
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book for all running abilities. Henderson's workout plans are very doable while pushing you to whatever level you are striving for. Definitely a must-read for anyone who enjoys running.
Jacob Cruzan
Sep 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports-exercise
This is an awesome book. I used it for my first marathon. I checked it out of the library, I might have to buy it.
James Stout
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it
I might revisit this book when I get closer to the actual date of the marathon I plan to run (November 2011).
Dane