Start by marking “Eleven (The Last Thirteen #3)” as Want to Read:
Eleven (The Last Thirteen #3)

Eleven

(The Last Thirteen #3)

This is it. My nightmares have finally come true.

Sam's deepest fears become real as his enemies grow more numerous and ever-more powerful.

Struggling to stay one step ahead, Sam must locate 11 more Dreamers and solve the next piece of the puzzle.

Can Sam and his allies unlock the secrets of an ancient journal to reveal their final destiny? Sam is far from home, with the fat
Published February 1st 2014 by Scholastic Australia

Maria Carmo
Book by book, the plot becomes more interesting and the Author reveals more... The characters acquire more definite traits and a subtle sense of humour lights up the darker parts. It is getting more fun to read these books...

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon, 18 June 2015.
Conan Tigard
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Last Thirteen: 11 is another fun addition to the exciting series about teens that have true dreams about the future, and then are able to make changes to what they saw as a dream unfold into real life. At the beginning of this book, we only know who two of the last thirteen are: Sam and Gabriella. Who will be the next of the true dreamers to be found? Well, it was hinted in the last book and it comes to fruition in this book. Xavier Dark is the third of the last thirteen to be discovered. Xa ...more
Jeremy
Apr 03, 2016 added it
I really enjoy reading this series but especially this book. This book was very engaging and I really enjoyed reading this book. In this book the main characters are always involved in the action. No matter which city or country they are in they are always fighting evil. This book always has a twist and you can never be sure what is going to happen next. Sam and Xavier (the main characters in this book) are always on another mission to find the missing pieces to the bhaka. I really enjoyed this ...more
Steven
Aug 30, 2016 added it
Great book very adventurous. Filled with action. can't wait to read the next in the series.
Naomi Campbell
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
I am reading this series aloud to our preteen and teenage kiddos. So far I liked Book #2 the best, but now in book 3, we're really beginning to piece some of the story together, and yes, it leaves you hanging, so have book 4 handy!
LaNona
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This series has a really interesting plot and ideas, I especially like how things fall into place like puzzle pieces.

While each book is rather short and always ends in a cliff hanger- making you NEED the next book, it's fast-paced and keeps you wanting more.
Sean Harding
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
More happenings in book three, but they really bleed into each other, I guess it is one long book spit into thirteen parts, but already it is becoming a bit repetitive at book three.
Bryson s
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
it was a great book and I am excited to red the next book i the series.
Trevor
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
if i said my sentence it would be a spoiler
William
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now this book got me thinking of RPG games. Once you get more stronger, so do the emeines. My mind just flew to China reading this.
Emily Milller
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This one got a little stale, took a while to get through.
Shaheen
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
We continue our adventures with Sam and the rest of the Dreamers in Eleven, the third book in The Last Thirteen series. Sam is a Dreamer - he has true dreams and is prophesied to save the world from unimaginable horror with twelve other true dreamers, who are all 15-16 year old kids. The last book ended with a cliffhanger where Sam is surrounded by German Guardians who have turned traitor.

The German Guardians are dispatched quickly and easily, with Sam performing some physics-defying stunts on h
TheCosyDragon
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it

Sam is still racing to find the others in the Last Thirteen. Little does he know that he's already met some of them, and that some of them might already be in the hands of the enemy.

Sam comes face to face with Solaris again in this cliff-hanger. You know it's going to happen. I feel like none of these novels would be complete without a Solaris en
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
The Last Thirteen is a fun, adventure series that's ideal for preteen readers. It follows the story of Sam, a boy plucked from his science class and thrown into a world of reluctant superheroes, secret training facilities and a race of children known as The Dreamers. In the same vain in which the Twilight series brought mature young adult readers back to books, The Last Thirteen is perfect to reintroduce reading to middle grade, preteen boys. Although Ava'
Brit McCarthy
Third book into the series and I'm still intrigued where this is going. We got a little more detail in this one about the Professor, Jack and the Dreamers which was good - I actually like explanations for things like this! I want to understand why things are the way they are but in these books things have happened so quickly there hasn't been time for it. Sam locates another of the Last 13 - who has been there almost all along. I thought this may be a little too easy until I considered the "natu ...more
April Barber
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was probably my favorite book of the series so far. The books are becoming more and more interesting as they progress. The characters become stronger, and you learn more and more about them. I like how you get to read about everyone, not missing any part of the story. I find it interesting that we get a new character, but we don't seem to lose any of the other characters. I really like Sam and Xavier and their interactions with each other.

There are still the issues with too many "so and so
OwenT.
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
January 30
The Last Thirteen book #3
By James Phelen
This book is about 13 people that are trying to save the world with their dreams. Sam, Xavier, Gabrielle and Eva, So far they have found 3 of the last thirteen. Xavier the boy they found is part of the last thirteen. They are being chased by Solaris that will try anything to kill them. They get into a zoo and try to find the missing parts of the prophecy to save the world.

The main idea trying to get to the readers is to keep moving forward. I kn
Shannon
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it
This man can write a cliffhanger. Seriously. Every book I'm all like "awww man!!". It's a little bit sad that me as a 25 year old is saying this about books aimed at 10 year olds. But oh well, if there are book adventures to be had I'm there, and this is a world wide adventure. This book we spend in Germany, finding out that the plot thickens, more people are involved than we thought, and that we now have a goal for the Last Thirteen. I'm really really enjoying these, even if they are over way t ...more
Linda Inês
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Este livro, tal como os outros da série, foi muito rápido. Por ser muito curto, teve toda a acção condensada e os acontecimentos deram-se com muita rapidez, o que tornou o livro uma pouco confuso para mim. Não é que não dê para perceber a história, mas parece que nos são atirados todos os acontecimentos e explicações de uma vez e quando acaba o livro ficamos a pensar: "wow o que é que acabou de acontecer aqui?".
Mesmo assim vou continuar com a série porque fiquei curiosa para saber como vão dar a
alsace wu
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
meeting solaris was horrifying enough, now what? sam's biggest fears are coming true, meeting solaris, doing head to head against enterprise and now his guardians have betrayed him. now his only team is the academy and xavier and dr. dark. sam's far from home but can he still unlock the secrets of an ancient journal by da vinci??

Find out by reading this book

this book is recommended for boys and girls, ages 10+
Lynda
Mar 05, 2016 added it
Shelves: kids-teens
Book 3. Matthew Reilly action for tweens and teens! The rollicking survival story continues, as each of the 'Last 13' is discovered, and must use their nightmares to unravel the quest to save the world. Xavier Dark is finally revealed for who he truly is, new Dreamer Gabriella is discovered, and the treachery and greed for power continue to undermine those in The Academy and their quest for survival.
Alex Fairhill
The action continues, and the plot begins to widen, with the perspective of each 'side' in the race for the last 13 told through the different characters.

More history and facts begin to emerge in this book, and the good versus evil line is starting to blur.

Phelan is adding an additional layer of complexity with each book in this series, and the cliffhangers continue!
Kay
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I enjoyed this book a lot. It had more action in it and I like how the characters such as xavier and Alex and Eva are involved in the story more. The only thing I disliked was the fact that gabriella was barely in the book considering she is part of the last thirteen.
Nella
Mar 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi, young-adult
Quick to read thriller series with twists in every chapter.
Eva
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I love the series and everything about it, but sometimes the books tend to drag on a bit and slow down.
Cheri Linton
Oct 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
This series continues to improve as it goes on. The pace has picked up and Sam's role is clear. The identity of Solaris continues to be a mystery.
Clara
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
The least exciting of the three I have read of the series so far. But in general it was full of adventure.
Aidan Robins
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once again another great book in the series. Once again quite short. But it is a seriously good series!
Azi
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oooooh the gears. I love this story so so much from the moment I first read #13. Keep doing good writing James! :)
Cas
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
an excellent read, Sam faces more danger and betrayals, and the stakes are higher. Will he survive?
  • East Coast Crisis (V #2)
  • Nymph (The Love Oracles #1)
  • Death in Shangri-La (A Dotan Naor Thriller)
  • A Célula Adormecida
  • As Stars Fall
  • A Fórmula do Amor
  • Molly and Pim and the Millions of Stars
  • Die Wormworld Saga: Die Reise beginnt
  • Los niños de la estrella amarilla
  • Encontro em Itália
  • Night Vision
  • The Night of Wenceslas
  • The Mandarin and Other Stories
  • Afterworld
  • Washed Ashore
  • V
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • The Door with Seven Locks
James Phelan is the award-winning author of twenty-four novels and one work of non-fiction. He first studied and worked in architecture before turning to English/Lit, working five years at The Age newspaper, obtaining an MA (Writing) and PhD (Young Adult Literature).

Hachette has published his five geo-political thrillers: FOX HUNT, PATRIOT ACT, BLOOD OIL, LIQUID GOLD and RED ICE.

From 2010-2011, H

The Last Thirteen (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Thirteen (The Last Thirteen, #1)
  • Twelve (The Last Thirteen, #2)
  • Ten (The Last Thirteen, #4)
  • Nine (The Last Thirteen, #5)
  • Eight (The Last Thirteen, #6)
  • Seven (The Last Thirteen, #7)
  • Six (The Last Thirteen, #8)
  • Five (The last thirteen, #9)
  • Four (The Last Thirteen, #10)
  • Three (The Last Thirteen, #11)