Start by marking “Bullseye” as Want to Read:
Bullseye

Bullseye

(Will Robie #2.5)

In this all-new short story from #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci, worlds collide when government assassin Will Robie is caught in the crossfire with Oliver Stone and the Camel Club.

Will Robie is closing in on his next target when he finds himself in the middle of a bank heist--and he's taken hostage alongside Oliver Stone. But is this just a simple bank
Published February 1st 2014 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Bullseye, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
heyabbottbgmail.com Spoilers, mate. Spoilers.

Start your review of Bullseye
Suzanne
I want to read the Camel Club series now because of these characters. They were amusing to read about along side Will Robie. Quick short story that only takes around an hour or so to read. The cross with Robie and the Camel Club for a bank robbery that is not exactly what it seems is actually pretty entertaining.

My quick and simple overall: not bad at all and it was a very amusing hour.
Sean Peters
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will Robie is one of my favourite characters, and always enjoyed the Will Robie and John Puller books.

But what was good was the clever idea, bringing in The Camel Book characters, which I have not read yet, really enjoyed the book and learning about these new characters.

First thing I did was order the first "The Camel Club" book.

A quick read, but well paced, action story and a great way to bring the characters together.

Always been one of my favourite authors.

A clear four stars for this sixty pag
Carolyn
3.5 Stars. Having read and enjoyed the Memory Man series, but not the other thrillers by David Baldacci, I wanted to know more about assassin Will Robie. He appeared and played an important cross-over part in Memory Man #6.

This short novel was a good introduction to the Will Robie series and also to members of the Camel Club series of books. Amos Decker, the Memory Man, is in a bank when a group of armed robbers enter. The bank staff and customers are taken hostage and a bank guard is shot.

Dec
Fred
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Will Robie (US Government's "Stone-Cold" killer) &
Oliver Stone (Camel Club) innocently go to a bank on Saturday & are caught in a bank robbery. 4 bank robbers take 10 hostages (4 bank employees + 6 customers) into a back room.

The robbers create a shaft to climb. Robie/Stone think they want fur & jewelry stores above. As 3 robbers climb the shaft, Stone/Robie convince & overtake the "sacrificial lamb" robber left behind.

Other Camel Club members arrive, Annabelle Conroy, Alex Ford, Reuben Rhodes
Tim
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a fan of the Camel Club and their members are involved in this short Robie story. I suppose that if Robie needs their assistance in the future, they'll be available. 5 of 10 short stars
Sumit RK
A short & quick paced action thriller which will keep you hooked till the end. It will also introduce you to characters like Will Robie & The Camel Club (each have a separate book series of their own) and will make you want to read more of them. ...more
Kay
This may be an exciting story if you know Oliver Stone and Will Robie, a get together. I haven't read The Camel Club.
Will M.
Quite weird that this turned out way better than the second novel, considering that this is just a novella. Makes me want to read the third book asap, but Reel being one of the main characters again is quite repelling to be honest.
kartik narayanan
Another average action thriller from Baldacci. I would rate it on par with the 'The Hit'.
Bullseye is a novella that has its main focus on a new group of people while Robie is ostensibly the hero. It will be interesting to see if this eclectic group makes it appearance in the main storylines.

More reviews are available at my blog Digital Amrit
William
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'm very familiar with the Camel Club and Robie, but I had the feeling that this was just written from the file of his "maybe we could do something with this undeveloped story" file, while we are not coming up with anything else. I felt like I was late to the parade and only saw the floats going back to the barn.
Carol
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this all new short story from best selling author David Baldacci, worlds collide when government assassin Will Robie is caught in the crossfire with Oliver Stone and the Camel Club. Will Robie is closing in on his next target when he finds himself in the middle of a bank heist--and he's taken hostage alongside Oliver Stone. But this is just a simple bank job, or are the robbers after something even more valuable--and dangerous--than the cash in the vault.

This book is a very good story, and th
Donna
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is a short story in the Will Robie series by David Baldacci. I'm usually not a fan of short stories or novellas, but I liked this one. Usually they aren't developed enough to catch my interest. I'm glad that wasn't the case here. This one stood could be read as a stand alone. It was detailed enough to pull me in. Plus, I've always liked Will Robie as a characater. So 4 stars.
✨Susan✨
A great short where Baldacci intermingles two of his series. The Camel Club, a crew that have specialized skills that when combined make them unparalleled at stopping crime and Will Robie, a gun for hire that the U.S. government occasionally employes for high stakes operations.

When Oliver Stone, (Camel Club) and Will Robie find themselves in the middle of a bank heist, they must combine their skills to stop the perpetrators. As too much time passes and the thiefs start acting peculiar, the two
Jeanne
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick listen on audio. Will Robie meets the Camel Club -- love the Will Robie series of stories, but not sure the Camel Club intrigued me enough to listen to one of Baldacci's stories featuring that team. Just OK for me -- 4 out of 10.
Matt
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great mash-up of two successful series Baldacci has groomed over the years. When Oliver Stone and Will Robie end up at a bank branch simultaneously, what begins as a simple Saturday afternoon soon turns ugly. A bank robbery commences and they are both taken hostage, along with a handful of others. Before long, it appears that the bank is only a ruse and that the robbers have a larger target. With the help of The Camel Club, Stone and Robie uncover something much more sinister than neon purple ...more
David Highton
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short story/novella from Baldacci, mixing the Camel Club characters with Will Robie. Clever plotting and a good fun read - needs about 40 minutes
Judy D Collins
Having read all the books in David Baldacci’s Will Robie series, including his latest, The Guilty, realized I had missed the novella, BULLSEYE (Will Robie #2.5). The audiobook was exceptional and narrator, Ron McLarty delivers an outstanding performance.

With assassin Will Robie, Oliver Stone and Camel Club collaboration-- is like having the thrill of Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller team up in the same book The Crossing.

BULLSEYE, a fantastic novella! David combines wit, hum
Marleen
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: david-baldacci
It’s a shocker I know but I never read any of the Camel Club books (Gasp!). I am however a fan of the Will Robie books, the first one “The Innocent” was simply fantastic and impactful.
“Bullseye” was a nice way to be introduced to the members of the Camel Club as one of them, Oliver Stone, crosses paths with Will Robie in this short story, which starts with a bank robbery but quickly turns out to be a more than that. Fortunately, Will and Oliver are at the bank as “clients” and thanks to their e
Terence M (Spring is in My Step!)
Audiobook - 2:02 hours Narrated by Kyf Brewer
A short story combining the talents of “Will Robie” and “The Camel Club”.
As a generalization, short stories don’t work for me but since I had read all of the Will Robie series and a couple of Camel Club, I thought it might work. It didn’t and it was barely worth the effort.
Colleen
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-to-reread
Will Robie and Oliver Stone in the same book?? YES!!! All the action, adventure, intrigue and excitement you would expect...doubled! I'm just sorry it was a short story. I hope DB decides to reunite these characters sometime in a future endeavor. I would definitely stand in line to read it!
Carl
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I greatly enjoyed and have deeply missed the Camel Club books, but Oliver Stone and the Camel Club are back in action in this short story by David Baldacci: "Bullseye: An Original Will Robie/ Camel Club Short Story." I am not usually a fan of short stories, but when I saw this was a Camel Club, I had to get it. Not only does Baldacci give us the Camel Club, but he also combines his newer popular hero Will Robie into the story. "The Bullseye" is very well written, and it has a clever and well dev ...more
Jerry B
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Bullseye” is a 60-page short story ebook, good for probably not quite half an hour of reading time, but nonetheless quite entertaining. It combines characters from Baldacci’s earlier 5-book “Camel Club” set, about a loosely knit group of 4-6 “workers” who chase down various government conspiracies; and the more recent Will Robie 4-book set, Will a black-ops-type assassin for hire. Robie and Stone, who seems to lead the “Club,” happen to be in a bank together when robbers appear and take all the ...more
David Dalton
A very short thriller featuring my new favorite action character Will Robie (from The Innocent and The Hit), together with characters from the Camel Club series of books such as: The Camel Club. Just enough of a story to tease us fans until the next Will Robie story comes out in April: The Target. I love stories like these where an author will team up two of his most famous characters in one story. Looks like I will be branching out soon to other David Baldacci books. ...more
Darcy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was so much fun! I loved how the author mashed up 2 of his series, loved it so much that I would like to see Will Robbie become a full fledged member of the Camel Club.

It was so much fun to see that Oliver notice Will and for Will to realize how much that Oliver could help. I loved how Oliver alluded to his "friends" and how Will kept asking about these friends and if they could in fact help them. The sly comments between these 2 men were great too. They knew they had the same backgroun
Erth
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Freda Malone
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Will Robie and Oliver Stone walk into a bank, simultaneously and unaware of each other. Stone is just cashing his check. Robie has a target. Is it Stone?

The scene instantly becomes a bank robbery and hostage situation but is it really?

This short story was a quick and tense read. I liked the way Stone and Robie quickly corroborated their situation and acted accordingly, saving the day.
Mala Ashok
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This appears to be the first in the Will Robie series with an appearance by the Camel CLub members participating too. It is a short book and no wonder - with both Robie and the Camel CLub, it does not take long to take care of the bad guys!

The book is interesting enough to make readers want to read other books in the WIll Robie series. Mine is going to be "Hit."
Evelyn Wilson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-books-read
#32 This book is only about 80 pages long. It was cool having Oliver and Will together. Oliver thinking Will was after him. Mall, bank robbery, or not, guess you will have to see how the Camel Club really worked in this book !!!! ENJOYED !!!
Dugger
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun combo of the Camel Club characters and Will Robie. Looking forward to another novella with this group.
dbbks3
I would love to read a novel with this two guys (and the Camel Club) working together again. They were so great together in this little story.
Goodreads Librari...: Please update details 5 14 Mar 23, 2016 08:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge and update details 3 18 Mar 19, 2016 06:39AM
Will Robie a member of Triple 6? The Camel Club? 1 4 Feb 25, 2015 08:24PM

• Fair Warning (Jack McEvoy #3)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch, #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Revenge
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • The Midwife Murders
  • Bitter Brew
  • Cajun Justice
  • Camino Winds (Camino Island #2)
  • Bombshell (A Teddy Fay Novel Book 4)
  • Hard Target (Jon Reznick, #8)
  • Cleaning the Gold (Jack Reacher, #23.6; Will Trent, #8.5)
  • Blue on Black (Harry Bosch, #14.5; Harry Bosch Universe, #20.5)
  • No Rest for the Dead
  • Mystery Writers of America Presents The Blue Religion: New Stories about Cops, Criminals, and the Chase
  • Personal Protection (A Spider Shepherd Short Story)
  • Rough Diamonds (Dan Shepherd series)
  • The River Murders
David Baldacci has been writing since childhood, when his mother gave him a lined notebook in which to write down his stories. (Much later, when David thanked her for being the spark that ignited his writing career, she revealed that she’d given him the notebook to keep him quiet, "because every mom needs a break now and then.”) He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; it was subsequ ...more

Will Robie (5 books)
  • The Innocent (Will Robie, #1)
  • The Hit (Will Robie, #2)
  • The Target (Will Robie, #3)
  • The Guilty (Will Robie, #4)
  • End Game (Will Robie, #5)