Start by marking “Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!: TOON Level 2” as Want to Read:
Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!: TOON Level 2

Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!: TOON Level 2 (Benny and Penny)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Geoffrey Hayes’s two beloved mouse siblings return in their fifth story.

Benny’s in a foul mood! He can’t find his pirate hat, and he’s been sent outside to cool his temper. When he and Penny wander away from home and realize they’re lost, they must handle their emotions and put their heads together.
Published September 1st 2013 by TOON Books

To ask other readers questions about Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!

Samantha
While I've enjoyed other Benny and Penny books, I didn't like this one as much as their previous books. Benny is upset over the loss of his pirate hat. Little sister Penny offers to help him find it and the siblings end up lost in the forest. Penny suggests they go back the way they came and they arrive safely at home and figure out where Benny's hat was hiding all along.

The story was only okay for me. The kid action was realistic and the kid emotions were captured well. Colored pencil illustra
Alexandria
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, kidlit
Benny and Penny are back again in this adorable tale where the two set off in search of Benny's lost pirate hat. The hat has been lost for two days and Benny is in a really bad mood because of it. Penny begins to get frustrated with Benny when she thinks that they have gotten lost in search of Benny's hat. It is then that Benny reveals why the hat is so important to him, it is his favorite thing and it was a birthday gift from their Uncle Herb. After hearing his heartbreaking story Penny bursts ...more
Tammi Peterman
1. This is an very appropriate story for the age range which is grade k-2. In the story Benny (a mouse) is in a bad mood because he has lost his pirate hat. His sister Penny wants to help her brother find his hat and Benny decides that the best way to find his lost hat is to become lost thus begins their adventure. At first it's just a game, but then Benny and Penny really get lost. Both characters have to overcome their emotions in order to get home. The story line in this early graphic novel i ...more
Kristen
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like how the illustrations have a “classic” feel to them, full of soft edges and muted hues. The plot, which tells the story of siblings Benny and Penny searching for Benny’s lost hat in the fog, has few complications. Speech bubbles contain he only text, often having bolded or italicized words to show emphasis in the characters’ speech. The comic images take a variety of forms throughout, sometimes with many frames on a page, other times with the picture taking up the entire page.

Appropriate
Keiry
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My 4-year-old said: "That was a great book!"
Hannah
Graphic Novel#1
Text-to-Self Connection:
I would ask the students if this story reminded them of a time when they got into a fight with their siblings, and what they did to resolve it. I would also ask if they have ever been in a bad mood before that they couldn't seem to get out of, and how they overcame that. I would tell them that I can relate to Penny because I always felt like I followed my older brother around everywhere we went, because he was always the leader.

Text-to-Text Connection:
I
Stephanie Sutter
Hayes, G. (2014). Benny and Penny in ost and found! New York, NY: Toon Books.

Brother and sister, Benny and Penny set off in search of Benny’s lost pirate hat, however they end up getting lost in the fog themselves. In this adventure, they find a lost jump rope, a lizard, and maybe a cat. Author and illustrator, Geoffrey Hayes uses beautiful pencil and watercolor drawings to enhance the mood of the story. This book is sure to please primary grade readers.

Instructional Support: Writing
As a writ
Breanna Lechase
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
1. Awards the book has received (if any): Geisel award
2. Appropriate grade level(s): K-2
3. Original 3-line summary: In this book two little mice, Benny and Penny, get lost one day and are frightened. However, they both soon realize what it takes to be a leader as they use their problem solving skills to find their way. By the end of the book they find their way back home.
4. Original 3-line review: This graphic novel is very relatable for young readers. It is also very fun, while also modeling
John Simet
Hayes, G. (2014). Benny and penny in lost and found! New York, New York: TOON Books.

Review: Have you ever had a bad day? Well, Benny has and it is not getting any better. He lost his hat and needs to find it. Here comes Penny to help out. Unfortunately, it is very foggy and the two might just get lost along the way. Wonderfully done and illustrated. This is a great story about two friends working together.

Explanation: I would use this book to introduce a writing activity to my students. They wi
Shelli
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Benny has lost his pirate hat, making him one moody mouse! Thankfully his cheerful little sister Penny is willing to help him look for his beloved cap and hopefully keep him from getting too lost during their quest. This adorable picture book is set up in a graphic novel format that even the most reluctant of early readers will love.
Michele Knott
I really enjoy this series for students who are starting to read graphic novels. It's a little more advanced than some picture book graphic novels, but easier and not as lengthy as the next level up!
Larisa R
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best book for kindergartener
Carol
As usual, Geoffrey Hayes' art is adorable and emotive. The story was simple but relevant to many children.
Shazzer
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic installment with Benny and Penny! These little mice have been big hits at my library, and I know my patrons will be excited to see more from them.
Chris
Apr 28, 2016
Katie Gee
Genre: Fiction

Target Audience: K - 2nd grade

Text to self: This made me think of the time when I got lost in the store when I was about six or seven. My mom and I had gone out to run errands and while we were walking past the toy section, one of them caught my eye. I walked off without telling my mom and she didn't realize that I walked off. I remember being absolutely terrified trying to find her.

Text to text: This book makes me think of the book "The Secret Shortcut" by Mark Teague because of t
Molly Cartaya
Dec 13, 2014
Jacqui
Nov 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Geoffrey Hayes has written and illustrated over forty children’s books, including the extremely popular series of early readers Otto and Uncle Tooth, the classic Bear By Himself, and When the Wind Blew by Caldecott Medal-winning author Margaret Wise Brown.
More about Geoffrey Hayes

Benny and Penny (6 books)
  • Benny and Penny in Just Pretend
  • Benny and Penny in The Big No-No!
  • Benny and Penny in the Toy Breaker: TOON Level 2