Start by marking “The Peter Potential: Discover the Life You Were Meant to Live” as Want to Read:
The Peter Potential: Discover the Life You Were Meant to Live

The Peter Potential: Discover the Life You Were Meant to Live

This full-color gift book uses Peter's life, from ordinary fisherman to the rock upon which the Christian Church would be built, as a template for our own life's potential. Using serene nautical photographs, compelling excerpts from scripture, new text andinspiringquotes from notable leaders and profound thinkers, the book takes us through Peter's journey, the invitations ...more
Published July 8th 2014 by Ensign Peak

To ask other readers questions about The Peter Potential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Peter Potential

Start your review of The Peter Potential: Discover the Life You Were Meant to Live
Melanie
This book is so inspiring! Towards the beginning, they share part of my favorite all-time quote by Marianne Williamson: "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking...We are all meant to shine...We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; It's in everyone." Then, they ...more
Heather
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-hardback
Simon Peter is a man we know about from the Bible. A man who was asked to cast his net and then leave behind his life as a fisherman to follow Christ. In The Peter Potential, we learn even more about this story and the many others that came throughout the ministry. We are asked to apply the teaching to the multitude, the personal invitations to cast out a little form the shore and then into the deep. Through nautical photos, graphics, quotes, scripture and text, the authors challenge the reader ...more
alisonwonderland
Re-read in 2019: For my re-read of this lovely book with my husband and son this year, we went slowly through the events of Peter's three years with Jesus as we studied the Gospels. This approach gave me a different experience with the book - and I definitely still love it!

Read in December 2014: I read the entirety of this short book this afternoon. It is beautiful, and it is filled with insights into the New Testament accounts of Peter's encounters with Jesus. I will likely look to it
Carol
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick read, loved it!! Super motivating!!
Mason
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For most, seeing our full potential is sometimes a difficult thing. Authors David Butler and Emily Belle Freeman strive to show readers how to reach their full potential in their latest release, THE PETER POTENTIAL: Discover the Life You Were Meant to Live.

The authors take readers on the journey that Peter took when the Lord showed him he was more than a mere fisherman. They explain the invitations that were extended and the results of Peter’s decisions.

The book explores how we respond to
Alex
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"sometimes it is hard to believe... because you live such a normal life. but there is one who knows what you are destined to achieve. and what if that someone had the power to help you discover the life you were meant to live? would you accept the invitation?"
Cindi
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So good! I will definitely be reading this one over and over again!
Diana
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! I will be reading it over and over again to be reminded of what I can become with the Lord on my side. I want to get a copy for my entire Relief Society!
Amber
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is very uplifting! I love that it is written in a way to not only uplift the reader, but also to get the reader thinking. It talks about The disciple Peter, and gives insight into how he may have been thinking, and acting through out his journey with Christ. The book finishes with the invite to Follow Christ, and to uplift others. The illustrations in the book are beautiful! Over all a lovely book!

“There is a spark of greatness in you just waiting to be ignited. Your possibilities
Arielle
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Very thoughtful SHORT book. I love these 2 authors and how they are so good at taking a simple image and making it profound. Like the image of Peter the morning where he had no luck catching fish. They present the image of a worn out soul that still has things to clean and mend (kind of like a mom at the end of the day) and the invitation the Lord offers despite just finishing tidying up. Or the image of nets that entangle us where we get so lost in the details we might miss the ...more
Trpusey
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up to 5. I LOVE Dave Butler and Emily Belle Freeman. I watch/listen to their "Don't Miss This" YouTube videos each Sunday morning while I'm getting ready so I have some additional insights for our Come Follow Me discussion after church for the next lesson. They're so awesome. Beautiful pictures with great thoughts and questions.
Emily
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Thought-provoking, insightful. It's a fast read, but absolutely worth the time if you want to examine your relationship with the Savior a little more closely. Teaches some lovely lessons about how He extends invitations to Simon Peter...and all of us.
Colleen
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful little book that reminds us what we can accomplish by following Christ. It also reminds us how important, capable, and strong we are. I really needed this message and was touched by the scriptures, photographs, and beautiful words. Great, inspirational read!
Rachel
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick read that ties in perfectly with New Testament study.
Kerstin
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Had some good questions and things to think about.
Kelley
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book.. full of wonderful insight and quotes
Brenda Christensen
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely little book with beautiful pictures and thoughts to inspire. I loved the format and also the way the type was varied and interesting.
Donna
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book with even more beautiful insights from the life of the apostle Peter that easily apply to your own life. It's a wonderful book to own and to look at often.
Ann
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little quick read about how you can truly become the person you were meant to be. Lots of great and inspiring quotes that I will be adding to my own personal collection.
Heather
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
This is a sweet little book encouraging each of us to accept the Lord's invitations and, with His help, become what He wants us to be. Peter was an example. He accepted the Lord's invitations, followed Him, and became something more than he would have imagined. It's a neat reminder to put the Lord first, follow Him, believe in His miracles, and what He can and wants to make of us.

Here are a few quotes I liked:

"The Lord sees greatness in you. Every invitation you accept from Him will lead you
Shauna
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is PHENOMENAL!
BEAUTIFULLY illustrated!
LIFE CHANGING!

We all know about Peter from the bible...
We know he was a follower of Christ...
We know he walked on the water...

"But this book is not just about Peter..."
"THE LORD SEES GREATNESS IN YOU"
You too have "Peter Potential!"

HOW?

In this book you will learn what made Peter go from being a "simple fisherman-- to being "a fisher of men, a leader among men, the one who held the keys of the kingdom."

Peter was given "a simple invitation to THRUST
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I love this beautiful little devotion book! Focusing on the life of Peter and his most defining moments with Christ, this book paints an inspiring picture of what is possible in our Christian lives when we accept an invitation from the Lord.
Christ invited Peter to launch out into the deep and trust Him for the resulting fishing success. Christ invited Peter to walk on water, to feed 5,000 hungry people by giving the little he had, and to pray all night in the garden.
This book shows how God is
Amy Halbern
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.. I like how it focuses on the relation of Peter and the Savior.. I liked how it asks questions for the reader to ponder as they read the book.. We all have the Peter Potential inside ourselves. Sometimes it is really hard to have that unshakeable faith and say; Okay lord I am putting all of my faith, understanding and humility in your hands.. I know that we can gain such a testimony of faith and understanding in the Lord, if we swallow our pride and come follow Jesus ...more
Carolyn
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a beautiful book. I probably wouldn't have purchased it myself, because books short on words and heavy on pictures for $16 aren't usually my thing, but it's worth it. This book is a sweet reminder of what the Lord can do with a simple loaf of bread, or more appropriately a feeble person's willingness to come follow Him. I can't wait to share this book with others and I'll be reading it again, for sure. It definitely surprised me in terms of content.
Mauri
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
Such a good little book. It was like listening to a wonderful talk at a conference. The pictures were beautiful and really added to the feeling of the book. Great reminders on how Heavenly Father and the Savior sees us. We all have the potential to be amazing and it's nice to be reminded of that. Quick read and I even got Mike to read it. He was very proud that he actually finished a book. :)
Jessica
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love books that give you new insights into scriptures that you've heard a hundred times. I also love reading about Peter, because I find his personality and journey fascinating. And this book does both of those things! It is short and sweet, but it really makes you think about the invitations Peter received from the Lord, what they mean, and how they apply to each one of us. And the pages are designed so nicely. I'd highly recommend this one! Would make a great gift as well.
Angie
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. It came very highly recommended and I can see why.
The first few times that is started reading it, I would be interrupted. I finally sat down and read through as quickly as I could. I need to read it again and allow myself to really think about the text and questions posed. Had I allowed myself to do that, there's a good chance I would have rated it 5 stars.
JanOvation - Jana Nielsen
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book! It changed my whole perspective on life and my relationship as a disciple of Christ! Beautifully written a presented with pictures throughout, The Peter Potential gently inspires us to reach higher by posing the same invitations Christ gave to Peter. What a powerful thing in such a small package!
Sharon
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love everything written by Emily Freeman! This is a wonderful book telling the story of Christ and Peter's remarkable friendship and their individual trials of faith. It is beautifully illustrated and is referenced by other well known people in regards to the book's over all message of reaching our full potential in this life. This ability lies within our grasp if we can only recognize it!
Fabrizio Poli
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great quick read. I love the core message because it makes you think about focusing on bringing out your best and none of this usual self-help be the next Tony Robbins, Donald Trump kind of stuff. This is about how Jesus Christ held Simon Peter discover his true potential. God has a plan for each one of us, this book will help you discover yours1

• Maybe Today: 5 Holy Patterns That Lead to the Soul-Satisfying Life
  • Almighty: How the Most Powerful Being in the Universe Is Also Your Loving Heavenly Father
  • The Standard of Truth: 1815–1846 (Saints, #1)
  • Born to Change the World: Your Part in Gathering Israel
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • Almighty
  • Waiting for Fitz
  • Healing Hearts (Savage Wells, #2)
  • Cheers to Eternity: Lessons We've Learned on Dating and Marriage
  • The Heart of a Vicar (The Jonquil Brothers #6)
  • Saints, Vol. 1: The Standard of Truth, 1815-1846  The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days
  • A Step of Faith (The Walk, #4)
  • Walking on Water (The Walk, #5)
  • Insights from a Prophet’s Life: Russell M. Nelson
  • The Shadow Falls  (Fire and Steel, #3)
  • Redeemer
  • What School Could Be: Insights and Inspiration from Teachers across America
  • Ashes on the Moor
Emily Freeman and Simon Dewey collaborated on the bestselling book The Ten Virgins. For nearly 20 years, Emily has addressed groups of women as a writer, songwrite, and motivational speaker. Her deep love of the scriptures comes from a strong desire to find their application in modern-day life. Emily and her husband, Greg, are the parents of four children and live in Lehi, Utah. Simon Dewey ...more
“Sometimes it is hard to believe... because you live such a normal life. But there is one who knows what you are destined to achieve. And what if that someone had the power to help you discover the life you were meant to live? Would you accept the invitation?” 0 likes