Start by marking “Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #1)

Read Excerpt

Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things

(Wedding Planner Mysteries #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  637 Ratings  ·  257 Reviews
Published July 8th 2014 by Shadow Mountain (first published July 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things

Veronica ⭐️
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, cozy-mystery
Diamond Rings are Deadly Things is the first in the Wedding Planner Mysteries series by Rachelle J Christensen.

Adrielle Pyper has moved to Sun Valley Idaho to pursue her lifelong dream of running her own business as a wedding planner. She had worked for a large and successful wedding planning company in San Francisco but after a life-altering incident she decides to start afresh closer to home.

The story is narrated by Adrielle and we get a close up look at her thoughts and life. Adrielle is feis
Vicki
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-mystery
Adri paper has opened a wedding planning business. After moving to a different town, more of a vacation tourist spot than the farm she grew up on, she has been given assistance by her fellow business owners in town. One such owner is the local jeweler, he has helped her secure original gowns from China at a discounted rate.

As she is juggling the planning od two high profile, very expensive weddings, her shop of broken into and that brings out the sleuth in Adri.

There is the local realtor that is
Kathy
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Diamond Rings are Deadly Things is a cute clean cozy mystery. I enjoyed that Rachelle kept us guessing and didn't give away too many clues too early in the story. I was well over half way through before I began to suspect who the suspect was and how everything might tie together.

A fun story with a host of quirky characters, this is sure to be a hit with cozy mystery lovers.

This is the first book in a series but worked well as a stand alone. The story will continue in the next book but I felt sat
Julie Carpenter
Adrielle Pyper's Dream Weddings, Where happily ever after is your destination.

Every bride dreams and wishes for that magical, happy ever after wedding and marriage. Adrielle Pyper has dreamed about creating those magical weddings for couples in love. She has worked her way through school and has become a Wedding Planner extraordinaire. She has landed two of the biggest wedding gigs that can really put her new business on the map. Now all she has to do is make sure everything goes off without a h
Kristen
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute and fun mystery/romance. I really wish I had the next one to keep reading on, going to have to add it to my buy sooner than later pile.

Moral Note: Nothing major, no language, some mild violence...
Katie W
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read other books by this author and I think she does a really good job with the genre. I've always been a sucker for weddings, ever since I was a little girl and I absolutely loved that this story was centered around a wedding planner and her two big weddings of the summer.

Adri has issues from her past that make it hard to deal with life at times, but I love the way she throws herself into her work and into her crafting website, www.mashedpotatoesandcrafts.com. Each chapter begins with a w
Maria Hoagland
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I ended up reading this book to my husband while we drove and we LOVED it! We both got into it right away. The characters were fun, the writing flawless, and the mystery intriguing enough that when we stopped for gas or lunch we found ourselves talking about our latest theories and predictions. It was equal parts humorous, suspenseful, and romantic. Rachelle's descriptions of the setting, Sun Valley, Idaho, make it sound like the perfect place for a visit. I could picture everything. I loved the ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Just when you think you have the mystery figured out...there is a twist! I don't want to say too much but I didn't like one character but did not expect they "why"!

This book is very clean which I appreciated. The author lets you think that perhaps other characters are the evil ones, good red herrings!

I did wonder for quite a few chapters who Briette was and how she affected Adri. All is revealed several chapters into the book.

This book was well written (although I had an ARC and there was a com
NaDell
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who knew it could be so dangerous to be a wedding planner?
Tricky storyline that I can't spoil here, but kind of suspected throughout the book....
Fun, clean, romantic at times, and you'll definitely hate the bridezilla like you are supposed to. =)
Becca
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Actually :)

I love it when a clean story comes around that I get a chance to review. This book was such a fun read. I love mystery. This book was super cute also. I know, sounds kind of like an oxymoron, but it was mysterious and cute :).
I just loved Adri. Adri is a wedding planner along with her assistant Lorea. They are a great couple of girls hoping to take their business to a whole new level. They decide to add wedding dresses to their store. It was suppose to be a good thing.
Adri has a t
Mara
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adrielle Pyper is a wedding planner extraordinaire. It's all she's ever wanted to do and she's great at it. She has her own business, Adrielle Pyper's Dream Weddings, and she and her mom have a website, www.mashedpotatoesandcrafts.com, where they post wedding planning ideas and her mom's craft how-to's. She's just expanded her business to include wedding dresses, but when the first shipment comes in one of the dresses is missing and another is damaged. An unexpected surprise turns up in one of t ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
**4.5 stars**

When I started reading this book I double checked a couple of times to make sure that Diamond Rings are Deadly Thing wasn't a sequel. I could tell that there was a back story, and because I have a hard time with missing pieces, wanted to know what it was. As soon as I realized that this was the first book, I knew that all of my questions would be answered. They were! That makes for a very happy reading experience.

I am a fan of Rachelle's books. I know that she is amazing at characte
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have been patiently waiting for the day I got to read this book. I was sent an ARC copy in the mail and it has just been sitting there, staring at me, waiting, until I could read it. It’s much easier to ignore ebooks than print books. :)

Rachelle Christensen is a writer I always enjoy. She has an easy reading style with good flow and good characters. This book sort of mixes the light and fluffy with the suspense and danger. I thought it was a good balance.

I know lots of people like mystery book
Maureen Timerman
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I found this book to be a good, clean mystery, with a bit of romance and murder thrown in. The story revolves around a busy Wedding Planner, Adrielle Pyper, who is trying to escape her past, where her best friend was murdered. She has moved to Idaho, her home state, within a hour or so of her parents, to begin over.
Getting a new business started is never easy, and in the beginning of the book, things are looking bright. Of course, it wouldn’t be a good story if things stayed all rosy. Adri has
Shauna
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mystery, suspense, murder and romance all intriguingly tied together in one very fun walk-down-the-aisle wedding story!

Adrielle has opened her own wedding planning business and her business card reads:

"Adrielle Pyper's Dream Weddings
Where happily ever after is your destination."

But happily ever after isn't suppose to be so hard!

Working with 'bridezillas.'
Having her store vandalized.
Wedding dresses stolen.
Threatening pictures left about.
Two men vying for her heart.
And a secret within the folds
Heather
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance, suspense
DIAMOND RINGS ARE DEADLY THINGS follows Adri who works as a wedding planner and is still recovering from the unsolved murder of her best friend. When her shop is broken into, Adri finds herself in the middle of a series of strange events. She doesn't know who to trust. And dating Dallas is only complicating things, especially since she keeps running into Luke--a newcomer in town that she's instantly attracted to. As Adri is sorting out her feelings, she finds herself in danger more than once as ...more
Ana
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing! Honestly it keeps you on the edge of your seat with every twist of event! As a fan of mystery and suspense this book was incredible. It starts a little slow but just stick with it because as soon as it picks up, you won't be able to put it down! I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery book! The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 was because of the slow beginning but in the end it was definitely worth the read!
Robyn Sherwood
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
After putting the kids down for bed this was a great, easy book to settle down and read in my spare time. It was a nice distraction from life and had a lot of fun twists and suspense. This is the first time I've ever heard of books like this referred to as a "cozy mystery" but I can't wait to find more!
Wendy Robertson
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book quite a bit. I don't know if I had heard of a "Cozy Mystery" before, but I definitely liked it. I enjoyed the characters, and just when I thought I had the mystery figured out, there would be a new twist. I loved the little tips and recipes at the beginning of each chapter. Overall, a good read!
Molly
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It was just the right mix of suspenseful and comedic. I love how clean it is and it is something I would let my little sister read! This is a good book to cuddle up with your pet and sit by the fire with! My dog Choncho and i could hardly put it down!
Donna Weaver
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adrielle Pyper knows how to plan a wedding, and she's especially good at pleasing bridezillas. But when her biggest client and best friend is murdered just three days before the wedding, Adri's world falls apart. She moves to the resort town of Sun Valley, Idaho, and starts from scratch. Thanks to Adri's impeccable taste and unique style, she lands two celebrity clients, and her business seems headed for success—until someone vandalizes the specialty wedding dresses she imported from overseas. A ...more
Sara Cardon
Adri's a wedding planner with a new business, and an unresolved crime against her best friend in her recent past. When odd things start happening, she keeps a level head. I love how she has a lot of support from her family and coworker, and the rest of the community (though she's not really sure who to trust). This kept me guessing until the climax, and the resolution was satisfying.
Jana Richards
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just a fun little read...Mystery and Romance, two of my favorite things.
Sandee
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mysterious thefts, smuggled diamonds and murder. I really liked this book. The mystery is very well written with twists and turns and just enough foreshadowing. Adri, the wedding planner and heroine, has a sad past but also has lots of support from friends and family. Adri's potential suitors are three dimensional and complete. I liked all the characters in this book and am looking for more stories about Adri, family and friends.
Melanie
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to reading this book since I participated in the cover reveal in April. I really needed to read a book like this! It was fun, with just enough mystery to keep me guessing the whole time. Adrielle Pyper (Adri) is a wedding planner. She's just moved to Sun Valley, Idaho, from San Francisco, shortly after her best friend was murdered three days before her wedding. She and her assistant, Lorea, have recently started carrying wedding gowns. They are currently working with tw ...more
books are love
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I first signed up for this I wasn’t sure what to expect. It sounded fun and interesting. A light cute mystery. One my mom always says to give a whirl. So I gave it a shot. I was glad I did. This was just what I needed. A fun mystery that had just the amount of romance, light moments combined with those heavy times as well while it entertained you and you didn’t need to try to infer what was happening or figure it out. The story just flowed and kept you in the moment without taxing you. You ...more
Deb Haggerty
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've always thought that planning weddings would be a fun occupation – but I've also heard about various bridezillas that can populate the wedding scene. Adrienne Pyper is a wedding planner – she knows her way around dresses and cakes and invitations and favors. Until her best friend was murdered right before her wedding, she thought life was wonderful. Shattered by Briette’s death, she pulled up stakes and moved to Sun Valley, Idaho – a beautiful resort community that attracts all sorts of beau ...more
Mason
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Weddings can be fun and nerve-racking at the same time, but for wedding planner Adrielle Pyper they can also turn deadly.

Adri has had a terrible shock in her life so she moves to Sun Valley, Idaho, to start a new business and get her shelf back on track. With her friend, Lorea Zubiondo, they operate Adrielle Pyper’s Dream Weddings. To add to their growing business, they begin to offer a designer wedding gown service.

When the first shipment of dresses arrive, the gown of their most high profile c
Jinky
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I had a hard time with Ari’s (protagonist) decision to hold off reporting to the police and I didn’t think her excuse was very justifiable. This made for a frustrating read. I wanted to smack some sense into her (not just for that decision but for few others). I was surprised she didn’t get killed off the bat! But that’s because the bad guys were not very good at being bad guys (gentle way of saying that they were stupid). What criminal dilly dallies when he’s got millions at stake? Also, the po ...more
Pam
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Diamond Rings are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries Book 1) is by Rachelle J. Christensen. This is a new series for me and it is really cute. I could barely put this book down and couldn’t wait for the next one. Except that it doesn’t take place in a small, socially intimate community, it could easily be a cozy mystery. It is definitely a series for “cozy mystery friends” to read.
Adrielle Pyper and her friend Lorea run Adrielle Pyper’s Dream Weddings, Where happily ever after is your des
  • Fortune Cookie (A Culinary Mystery, #11)
  • Murder at TopHouse
  • Drop Zone (Saint Squad, #8)
  • Ashes Ashes (Hostage Negotiation Team #2)
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • Dying to Run
  • He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
  • Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2)
  • Rearview Mirror
  • Second Chances 101 (Ripple Effect Romance #5)
  • Emma: A Latter-Day Tale
  • The Sheik's Ruby
  • Finding the Baby Jesus
  • Cub Creek
  • Imprints (Autumn Rain, #1)
  • The Fortune Cafe (A Tangerine Street Romance, #1)
Rachelle J. Christensen is a mother of five who writes mystery/suspense and solves the mystery of the missing shoe on a daily basis. She graduated cum laude from Utah State University with a degree in psychology and a music minor. She enjoys singing and songwriting, playing the piano, running, motivational speaking, and of course reading.

Rachelle is the award-winning author of twenty books, inclu

Wedding Planner Mysteries (3 books)
  • Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #2)
  • Proposals and Poison

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Watchers Of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Jaws
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Prisoner of Heaven (Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3)
  • The Romanov Cross
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
  • A Purple Place for Dying: A Travis McGee Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
  • Brighton
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Aftermath (Inspector Banks, #12)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Of Power (Paul Madriani, #9)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon
  • The Things you find in Rockpools
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Through the Fog (Evan, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • Up Country
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Surrogate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Teacher (DS Imogen Grey, #1)
  • Lies That Bind Us