Start by marking “Zen of Hoarding: 108 offerings for deciding what you own.” as Want to Read:
Zen of Hoarding: 108 offerings for deciding what you own.

Zen of Hoarding: 108 offerings for deciding what you own.

Zen of Hoarding is infused with light-hearted spiritual wisdom, offered in koan-sized pieces for meditation. Each offering provides a thought for reflection as we unravel the mysteries behind our habits of hoarding. It strips the label and unearths what lies at the heart of our decisions regarding things.

Saira Priest reveals the emotions behind the things we hold onto lo
Published November 15th 2012 by Niche Publishing & Marketing (first published November 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zen of Hoarding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zen of Hoarding

Start your review of Zen of Hoarding: 108 offerings for deciding what you own.
Fran Bott
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remember the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Such is the message of this book. Without negativity and no “you’ve got to”, Saira digs into the deep emotions behind hoarding. In fact the word “hoarding and hoarder” is used very little in this book.
Instead what you will find is how to deal with the underlying causes of hoarding. Emotions and habits
Wendy Arnott
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Won an ebook edition from Librarything.. have to say it is an excellent book. Its positive, enlightening, and speaks to all adults. Anyone ever raised with "Don't throw that out, you may need that one day" will love this. It gives the reader permission to get rid of whatever it is and turn the focus back to the lifestyle/home you want. May my mail never clutter the counter all week again nor shall I feel guilt over saying "this simply doesn't work for me!" Ms. Priest is awesome. Definitely a boo ...more
Shasta Matova
This is an easy to read book with 108 chapters. Each chapter leaves you with a little bit more understanding and gentle instruction on how to clear the pathways in your mind and clear the clutter. I recommend reading just one chapter a day and allow it to sink in your mind before moving on to the next chapter.

I have shared this book with my friends, and everyone who has read it has started clearing out their spaces both in their houses and presumably in their minds.
Sandra
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An oddly familiar book. When you begin to read, you may find yourself nodding at points. I was recalling what I once knew now blurred through distance, time and indecision.

I marked several pages to work on. Difficult inner work to be done, necessary work.

108 Suggestions and points to consider as you begin to clear your space and rediscover richer pleasures and a lighter life.
Jayna
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is packed full of wisdom whether you are a hoarder or not. You truly learn what hoarding is and it doesn't have to have anything to do with physical possessions. The examples in the book are simple to understand and implement in your life. Super glad I found this book!
Erdahs
Nov 17, 2012 marked it as dearly-departed  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Won as part of the Goodreads first reads program. Review to come.
Elizabeth
Priest presents 108 bite-sized meditations to consider, to help the reader clear clutter and to transform the thinking and habits that created the clutter in the first place. Many of her points are ones I've encountered elsewhere, but she puts them together here with insight, compassion, and humor. She raises some really good questions, and I came away with a new perspective on why certain kinds of clutter keep recurring in my life. (clutter as unprocessed experience and "however you spend your ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book is ok. However I did not learn anything that I did not know. I dislike clutter so it is hard for me to understand this is a disease.
Alanna
Nov 15, 2012
Saira Priest
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written
Aug 05, 2016
Andrea Girolamo
Mar 02, 2015
NormaCenva
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2013