Start by marking “Pieces of Me” as Want to Read:
Pieces of Me

Pieces of Me

Published January 26th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pieces of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces of Me

(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This was an interesting story about a girl recovering from a major life event, but I wanted the answers to come faster.

I felt really sorry for Corrine in this story; she had lost everything that meant anything to her, and to deal with losing her best friend, boyfriend, and family whilst also trying to deal with her grief was just too much for her. I have to say that I hated the way her best friend and mother treated her after the tragedy, and couldn’t quite believe t
Abbie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5

Pieces of Me was a decent read.

I felt really sorry for Corrine. It would be awful to go through the torment she was going through and have nobody to turn to. Her so called best friend was horrendous.

I did like the storyline in this, but i was starting to get impatient with it because of how long the answers were taking.

Overall, decent read, but the answers were slow to come.
Amelia
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received an ebook from the author in return for an honest review.

I read this book in two sittings, it would have been one, which is extremely rare for me.
The book follows a girl who is living in a psychiatric home. Throughout the novel there are flashbacks as she tells either her fellow residents or her therapist the reasons she has been sent there. At first these flashbacks threw me off, but after a couple I settled into the story and understood what they were. You get to learn about Corinne's
Marisa Oldham
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Literally have chills...

To say that Pieces of Me by Carrigan Richards is a good book, would be putting it lightly. I absolutely LOVED this book. I'm a firm believer that if a book makes me cry, the author has written a compelling and emotional book that rakes the emotions right out of your heart. There have been many books that have made me cry, but it's been a while since I've read one. I was in tears when I reached 61% (Kindle) of this book, but I felt empathy for Corinne from the first page.
Tiffany Blake
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of contemporary YA fiction
Shelves: kindle
I loved this book!! Pieces of Me is about a girl coming to terms with the guilt of causing an accident, and also recovering from depression/ a suicide attempt. I thought that the issues were addressed well and that the writing was very good.

What I loved most is how it showed a realistic view of what it is like to go through depression as a teenager. Although the challenges Corinne faced were all in her own head, she was influenced so much by the people in her life and I think Richards did a wond
Amanda Walker
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book just knowing it was going to be good and knowing it was going to be heartbreaking, and it was. Pieces of Me was well written and I loved every bit of it. I have to say, I have never missed a character from a book as much as I did in here. So much so that I could almost beg for a rewrite (lol). I would love to hear more about Emma, Abby, and maybe even Lisa (as much as I hated her), I know they have stories to tell. Pieces Of Me was an easy 5 star read!
Jenn Bradshaw
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Note: I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

Another debut novel. YA/teen lit, not exactly romance, but it has a sweet little love story built into it.

This wasn't an easy read for me. I kind of knew it wouldn't be when Carrigan emailed me about reviewing PIECES OF ME. My family has front row seats to the unpleasant faces of mental health problems, and this stirred some painful memories.

Corrine is dealing with a lot. So much, that her parents are checking her into a p
Elizabeth Cash
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the fist book by Carrigan that I have had the pleasure of reading. Needless to say, I was very satisfied. Pieces of Me is one of those books that tug at your heartstrings and leaves you as an emotional hamburger.

Corrine went through one hell of a traumatic event. It not only took her loved ones, but it left her with wicked nightmares that ate at her, panic attacks and hallucinations that started to destroy her. My heart ached for her.

The best part of this read was getting all of the a
Maureen
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Cor was an okay character, but there was just something about her that put me off, even though she had been through so much. Maybe it was the flashbacks, or maybe it was just that the pace felt slow. It really did feel like I had been reading forever by the time the answers actually came.
I did feel sorry for her in the way her mother acted towards her though. (view spoiler)
Jessica Nicole
See this review and more like it at Ramblings on Readings

PIECES OF ME- COVER_2
Title: Pieces of Me

Author: Carrigan Richards

Series: n/a

My Rating: 4 Stars

Good Reads Rating: 4.5 Stars (14 Ratings)

Genre: YA Contemporary/Romance

Pages: 342

Publisher: Createspace

Check it Out: Good Reads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Good Reads Summary:

Rebecca Morales
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Here is a brief synopsis:
One second. Seventeen-year-old Corinne has everything. Her life. Family. Friends. Boyfriend. But in that one second, she loses it all. Now she's left with harrowing nightmares. Hallucinations. And panic attacks that seem to come out of nowhere. She tries everything to take the pain away, but there's only one option she sees as a true way out. When Corinne is sent to live in a psychiatric institution, she doe
Terry
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

When I first started reading this, I thought it was going to be one of those My-Life-Sucks-Because-I'm-A-Teenager stories, but as I read further, I was gripped at the heart.

I have this thing where if I really love a story, and get emotionally attached, I read really dramatic and emotional lines said by characters aloud. Like a lot of Corinne's lines about David's death, I would read aloud in my scratchy voice from crying. I look like I'm
C.J. Fallowfield
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very well written story focussing on the life of teenager Corinne and her close relationship with her brother David and her boyfriend James.

It's a tale of first love, first loss, grief, the feelings of despair and hopelessness, then ultimately the joy of seeing the sunshine break through those oppressive clouds and learning to live, and love, again.

Corrine comes from a close knit family and her best friend Abby, is also David's girlfriend. Corrine starts seeing a senior at high school James an
Lisa
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Pieces of Me" is an emotional story - filled with friendship, love, and tragedy. You are drawn into the life of a 17yo. girl who has everything - loving family, great boyfriend, friendships. One night, one mistake, one tragedy, and everything can change. The turmoil of this girls life, the depression, hallucinations, and eventual attempt at suicide lead you on a roller coaster of feeling. You are elated with her happiness and then crying with her pain only to support her climb back to being who ...more
Sarah Ann
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing and beautiful story! Starting with the cover, which is beautiful, I love that I found connections between the cover and Corinne's story. Just had to mention that. :) Now for the story. For someone who is all too familiar with some of the things in the story I think Carrigan did a beautiful job making this a believable story. From page one I was sucked in and wanted to know what was happening next. The characters were realistic and believable. We have all had a Mike, Lisa, and ...more
Brenda Perlin
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I peered out the massive window at the cherry blossoms. The white petals glided in the air like snow. As if they were carefree. Like they were pieces of me drifting away."

Pieces of Me by Carrigan Richards is a coming-of-age story of sorts that touched me. I was pulled in from the very first paragraph. This book takes you around and immediately you want to know more. I wanted to know more. The authors writing style is approachable and relatable. The emotions shared are realistic and moving.

Corin
Paige
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Some books just really know how to tug at the heartstrings, to take you on a reading journey you will never forget. Pieces of Me is one of those books!

This book turned me into an emotional yo-yo. I was rooting for Corinne the entire time and I must say that I connected with this character on such a deep level, I felt like I could understand her every thought and action when I put myself in her place. I was already a big fan of Carrigan's from her YA paranormal series, but this just made my lov
Selena Haskins
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading a book by Carrigan Richards and I'm glad I did. From the first page she grabbed my attention with her carefully chosen words that sucked me right into the story. Pieces of Me was a very fitting title because the book touches on many realistic issues facing teenagers today- suicide, depression, lost, and finding one's self. It's an emotional read and I found myself crying for Corrine. I wanted to reach through the book and hug her and tell her everything would be oka ...more
Wendy
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book...this was such an emotional journey for Corinne. This book touches base with the overwhelming grief that a young girl has for the loss of her brother. Corinne blames herself for her brothers death and in the aftermath her family checks her into a psychiatric hospital where she can get therapy and hopefully the help that she needs. She goes from the lowest of lows, trying to kill herself, to fighting for the life she so desperately wants to get back. There is a love story, betray ...more
Lia
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
Touching, tearjerker, heart breaking, are just a few words to describe this amazing book that Carrigan has written.

I felt bad for Corrine. She basically lost her family. I just wanted to reach through my kindle and give her a big hug. Her family wasn't there when she needed them the most.

Carrigan did an amazing job with this book. It was beautiful, but brought out so many emotions in me. Yes, I cried, I could help it. It really touched me so deeply.

If you are a fan of beautiful realistic books
P.M. Briede
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Pieces of Me. It was a wonderfully written and intellectual journey through tragedy and depression, death and rebirth. It begins as Corinne starts her healing journey, which she has no interest in doing. Then moves forwards and backwards through time to explain the circumstances that put Corinne on the path she has found herself on. It is full of well developed characters and a protagonist that you care about and want to see overcome the horrible obstacles in her life. I would recommen ...more
Sarah Bird
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

(Contains spoiler)

I really liked this novel. The storyline was gripping enough to keep my attention. The characters were well rounded and complete, some I really liked, others I didn't like at all.
I feel the author did a wonderful job expressing the emotions that would be felt during the types of experiences that are expressed. There is a great amount of detail. I feel there should be a note with the synopsis stating that the book contains scenes with suicide.
I received my free copy of pieces
Amy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pieces of Me by Carrigan Richards was very emotional. If you read this book please have a box of tissue with you. This book is amazing, overwhelming, sad, happy, and very beautiful!!

I actually put the book down for a couple of days since it had some triggers for me. That showed me how much I was involved in this book. This book is staying with me- in my heart and in my soul.

You will love Corrine. You will love the story.

Great book!!! Great writing!!! I need a paperback now so I can have on my s
Rose
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story line and very relevant to real life. I found myself not wanting to put the book down. For a new author, Carrigan Richards did a great job painting the picture of the characters and their lives!
Kaitlyn Higginbotham
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I purchased a copy and read it within four hours. two one day and two the next. I loved how easy it was to slip into the book and forget about reality. The characters were very relatable. The setting was close to home and descriptions were realistic. very good read.
Brea Behn
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. As someone who has felt many of the ups and downs of grief this book tells a very real story. I felt her pain and celebrated her emotional triumphs. Very well written. I look forward to more from this author.
Patrick Wilkins
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I normally do not read these sort of books, however I gave it a go, I found I really enjoyed the book, the character, the story, the way it was written all very good. Give it a go; I think you will be amazed.
Sara Lowrey
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Touching portrayal of a young woman surviving a nightmare no one should experience. Well written for any age to appreciate.
Valerie Roberson
This book was incredible! The raw emotions that the author set forth had me in tears throughout the book. This book is about mental health, but it’s more then that. It’s about the love of a close nit family. The emotions of two teens finding each other and the journey they take while falling in love. It’s about friendship, friends that are by your side no matter what and friend that abandon you because you commit suicide. It’s about a friend who only hurts you, no matter how many times you forgi ...more

• Love's Prey
  • All the Tales We Tell (Hearts Out of Water #1)
  • Straight Jacket
  • Inertia (Gravity, #3.5)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Behind the Facade
  • Shadows Gray (Shadows #1)
  • DiSemblance (Holoquest #1)
  • Kilometer 99
  • Every One of Me
  • The Shadow in the Garden (The Spirithaven Adventures #1)
  • Invisible
  • Mustang and Cherries
  • Brazing (Forged in Fire, #2)
  • Desolation
  • Love the Witch, Hate the Craft (The Witches of Secret Hallow, #1)
  • Lost
  • Preschooled
Carrigan was born in Cullman, Alabama, but grew up in Birmingham, and moved to Atlanta at 18. She earned her BA in English at Kennesaw State University. For as long as she can remember, she was always making up stories and characters inside her head, sometimes using her dolls to act out the scenes.

When she's not writing (which is rare), she's spending time with her family and friends, listening to