Start by marking “Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1)” as Want to Read:
Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1)

Trapped

(Blood Rose Tales #1)

USA TODAY Bestselling Author, Caris Roane, brings you “TRAPPED”, a short, sexy story of the Blood Rose Tales. TRAPPED is a passionate, paranormal romance, a vampire romance, set in the world of the Nine Realms. Caris Roane is the author of over sixty published works, fifteen of which are paranormal romances featuring sexy, warrior vampires and the women who love them.

Published January 27th 2014 by Twin Bridges Creations LLC

To ask other readers questions about Trapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped

Start your review of Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1)
Marta Cox
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Have you started these Blood Rose tales yet? If you are a paranormal junkie then I'm guessing the answer is yes as Ms Roane continues to bring her sexy vampires and those they love to life within these pages. This spin off is the first in what I suppose you could call very short stories continues the theme of Invictus pairs besieging those living in the Nine Realms. If looking for a hot read that takes you away from reality than this author is surely one to look out for .
Trapped features Alesia
Larena
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

Contemporary Paranormal Romance

Zephyr is a one-man fighting force and also a Mastyr Vampire. He also struggles to save the life of a woman that despises his warrior ways. He doesn’t feel he can give up his life as a warrior just to please a woman.

Zephyr just can’t stay away from Alesia. He feel obligated to keep her safe even if they are unable to reconcile their opposing views on what to do with the Invictus pairs that are evil and it has caused them to break up with each other. Zephyr takes
Shauni

Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Another Short Story another Short Review..

Trapped by Caris Roane is book 1 in her Blood Rose Tales. A story about two people so lost in their differences they almost loose a love so powerful that it might change the world.

Trapped is more of a vignette into the Blood Rose Series.. A short story just giving us a tease.

Mastyr Vampire Zephyr is committed to two things, fighting wraith pairs (a particularly nasty group of enemies) and taking care of Alesia. If
Daria
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the first short reads that Ive rated 5 stars. Zephyr (loved the name), a Master Vampire not only sexy has hell but powerful and a warrior. Being a warrior is what he knows and isnt going to be giving it up any time soon. Even for her, which is Alesia a half Fae woman that Zephyr had fallen for. Alesia has the belief that there is hope for evil that it can be rehabilitated, hence the fight with Zephyr leading to the break up. They both have their own fight … one to kill the ...more
Melissa
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and short read. Alesia and Zephyr both knew each other and had a previous relationship so the relationship didn't have to be built from the beginning. That helped because it was so short. The blurb really tells you everything you need to know about this short story. What I enjoyed about it was the growth both went through in understanding each other. Not just one, but both and found a true compromise in which they could both enjoy and go forward in life... not only in their ...more
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
I received this copy from the author for an honest review.

Other than being way too short (I know, it's supposed to be) it was really good.
Linda
Mar 20, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-only
part of dark and deadly *8book series
Nikki
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was actually the first book that I read by Caris Roane. I got it in a boxed set and loved it. Zephyr is Alesia's ex boyfriend. They disagree about a lot of things and especially his job, but when one night things go terribly wrong at her diner and she is set upon by wraith's they escape to Zeph's reinforced home, to relative safety. But while stuck there Zephyr is so very hungry and there is no one to offer him a 'bite' to eat. Knowing there there really isn't any other option Alesia offers ...more
Kelly
I had a tough time with this book. I spent the first half of it trying to understand what was going on (I'm still a little unclear on what Invictus pairs are, to be honest, but I think I stopped trying after a while) and the second half realizing that although this is book 1 in a series, it's a spin-off from another series. I really think I would have been more engaged if I had either known that before or if there was a little more explanation in the beginning. Stepping into an established world ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 2.5 Trapped Stars ~

Trapped is a quick short read set in The Blood Rose series by Caris Roane. Probably best to read The Blood Rose Tales only if you have read the rest of the series first. You only get a taste of the world and you may have some questions otherwise.

Alesia and Zephyr know each other and had a previous relationship, so the relationship did not have to be built from the begging which helped since the book was so short. I got frustrated with Alesia ’s view point on the wraith’
Melissa Cano
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you like The Blood Rose series or any of Caris' stories you'll love this one. At least I did. Caris has a way of writing that sucks you into her world. I feel like I am right in the story in the middle of all the action. So much so that I had tears in my eyes as I got towards the end of the book. And even though it was a short story Caris was able to capture Zephyr and Alesia's thoughts and bring them to life.

This story is about a mastyr vampire named Zephyr and a half fae half human girl
Carrie
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2015
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

We go back into the world of the blood rose to meet up with new characters (to me, at least). It was interesting to see this story told from the point of view of two characters who had previously broken up.

Mastyr Vampire Zephyr and Alesia (a diner waitress half-fae) have broken up but he insists on walking her home every night. He is a warrior and she is completely against killing the Invictus. She believes they can be rehabilitated
Robin
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alesia loves Zephyr, but their views on how to handle the wraith pairs have caused Alesia to keep her distance from Zephyr, though her love for him hasn't diminished. Each dawn, Zephyr meets Alesia at her café and sees her home to make sure she is safe. Until the one dawn they are attacked by a wraith pair and Alesia sees what it really takes for Zephyr to fight the wraith pairs. Zephyr discovers that Alesia is his mate. She can make him stronger. Then Zephyr discovers why Alesia wants to see ...more
Eva Millien
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: street-team
A fascinating world, a red hot romance, adrenalin pumping action all packaged in a quick and entertaining read.

This fast paced plot is a thrilling action packed tale from a fascinating paranormal world. The author brings this story to life with vivid imagery, details and enchanting characters. The attraction between Zephyr and Alesia is red hot and burns up the pages but the romance on unstable footing over a major difference of opinion which the reader can certainly understand where both
Cynthia
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I really enjoyed this story. The relationshp between the two characters was already devoleped and still it was easy to follow. The reasons they stayed apart of each other felt real and it make the novella all the more interesting.

Zephyr is a warrior who believes the evil he hunts has no salvation, so he kills them. Even when his point of view is what is keeping the woman he loves away from him.
Alesia belives that eveyone can be saved and she can't accept what Zaphyr does so easily.

When danger
Ellen
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read Trapped in dark and deadly Dark and Deadly Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance by Jennifer Ashley collection.
This was different but a really fascinating world.
Alesia broke up with Zephyr months ago because they were unable to reconcile painfully opposing views on what should be done to the evil Invictus pairs. They must learn to compromise and talk to each other. Alesia really need to open up to Zephyr so he would know why she felt the way she did . I did liked the romance and the plot in this story, I Will check out some more from this author.
Tania
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy gifted in exchange for n honest review.

Zephyr is a Mastyr Vampire who fights the invictus but not as part of the Guardsman. Alesia is a Fae who owns her own diner in a dangerous and poor area of the Merhaine Realm. They have a past and still love each other but have broken up because the don't see eye to eye on the outcome of bonded wraith pairs. He wants to destroy them all and she wants to save those forced into the bond.
REALLY well done!!!!!!! I totally enjoyed this book:-) Even though
Christine
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This is an interesting tale of opposing political viewpoints and the struggle to understand another's viewpoint. Okay the viewpoint is how an individual subjugated by an incubus should be treated when you are struggling to defeat them. One believes that the entire pair should be destroyed, while the other feels that attempts should be made to separate and rehabilitate the two. Make one a fey, one a vampire, and add in a little romance, voila you get in interesting tale of conflict within the ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from the author in return for a fair and honest review.

Alesia has suffered a personal tragedy and because of that feels that Invictus pairs should be caught and rehabilitated. Zephyr firmly believes in kill on sight and although he knows that Alesia is completely against his viewpoint, after all, this is why they split up in the first place, he doesn't know why.

Things change when they are attacked though and sometimes it takes the confusion of battle for you to see clearly.

A
wanda flanagan
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review . This is the story of mastyr vampire Zephyr and his blood rose Alesia who is fae. Zephyr fights the evil wraith Invictus pairs and has no problem ending them .Alesia despises what Zephyr does she wants the wraith pairs captured ,the bond between them dissolved and have them reformed .Alesia's mother was taken and paired up with a wraith and she hopes to one day see her again . Though short this was a great addition to the series I ...more
Malinda McConnell
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As someone that enjoyed the Blood Rose series, I was excited with the introduction on the Blood Rose novellas. Trapped is the first installment of the novellas and features Mastyr Vampire Zephyr and half-fae/half-human Alesia. The passion between the two is undeniable, but they very different views on how to handle the Invictus wraith pairs. He kills the Invictus wraith-pairs while she believes they can be rehabilitated. Although this is short, around 50 pages, Trapped is full of passion and if ...more
Christine Croke
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read. Sexy and fast there is nothing boring about this book. Zephyr a master vampire is in love with Alesia who doesn't like that he kills the Invictus Pairs. She thinks they can be rehabilitated. As the story moves along they fall deeper in love and they both come to an understanding as to where they are each coming from and decide to take a chance. Loved it!

I was given this e-book by the publisher for the purpose of an honest review. My conclusions are my own. I was not compensated
Sheila Schwartz
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the extraordinary story of Zephyr, a warrior of strength and conviction who fights wraith-pairs while struggling with blood starvation and Alesia, a Fae, his BLOOD ROSE who refuses to commit to their relationship because she abhors Zephyr's refusal to save wraith-pairs and rehabilitate them. Their contest of wills stirs your emotions and when they discover the compromise that saves Zephyr and Alesia you feel the exhilaration along with them. This is a rewarding tale of love, loss, ...more
Maranda
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: roane-reviewer
Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review
This is a short Blood Rose story. I have read all the 8 Blood Rose books by Caris Roane and await #9. This Tale is a Mastyr Vampire Zephyr and his girl friend Alesia. They are in love but cannot move forward because Alesia does not want Zephyr to kill the enemy Raith Bonded Pairs that are invading. Find out why and enjoy a great read that gives all a clearer picture of others in the Realm.
Nibrock
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
An interesting change to the "normal/regular" vampire story. Vampires are the "police" of this world and keep the wraiths who steal people to use as an energy source. Alesia wants to try to capture the wraiths and rehabilitate the captives, but Zephyr just wants to kill them before they can hurt others. Interesting how a discussion and a battle can change the way we see what was only black and white before.
Nancy Jones
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gifted a copy for honest review.

I loved Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1). Mastyr Vampire Zephyr and Alesia are the main characters in Trapped. Zephyr and Alesia broke up and he feels obligated to keep her safe. They are attacked outside her diner, Zephyr flies her off to the safety of his home. They both soon discover that she is a blood rose. The story is great. I highly recommend this one.
Emily-kathryn Simmons
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review.
I love Caris Roane but this is not my favorite book by her. It's not that it's bad but some of her other works are so good that this one gets overshadowed. It was more predictable than most others. It is incredible how well she can develop a character in such a short book. I recommend reading but make sure you check out the next 2 books in this series because they are better.
Rosemary K
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Zephyr loved Alesia, but she wanted to break off their romance. They have opposite views on how wraith pairs should be dealt with. Their battle of wills lead her to end their romance, but Zephyr can't let her go. Will they ever find common ground? I enjoyed Trapped. It was filled with passion and adventure. I like that Alesia is a strong character and the Zeph listens to her. This was a great introduction to the Blood Rose Tales. I enjoyed it and am ready for the next tale.
Rayne
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read this book as a part of the Dark and Deadly box set collection
2 stars
I had a hard time following this one. It felt like I had come across the story half way through. It felt stilted in parts and slightly rushed. It just didn't capture my interest. A lack of world building and information regarding the wraiths, wraith-pairs and invictus? I also found it annoying with the 'sweet goddess' & 'oh my goddess'. Anyway, just didn't really enjoy this one.
Erin Burns
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a Blood Rose Tale which is a short story set in the The Blood Rose series. These Blood Rose Tales are better served by reading the rest of the series because it looks like a pretty interesting world but you just get teased with it in these Tales. Beyond that this is a story about how two very different people are able to start seeing a problem from each other’s perspectives.

• The Mating Heat (Werewolves of Montana, #0.5)
  • The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore (Beyond #1.5)
  • Darkness Falls (Reveler #1)
  • Alejandro's Sorceress (The Cardinal Witches #1)
  • Bewitch (London Vampires, #5)
  • Beautiful Bombshell (Beautiful Bastard, #2.5)
  • Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal, #2)
  • Property of the Fae (Fae's Claim #2)
  • Seduced by the Fae (Fae's Claim #3)
  • Taken By The Alpha (Knotted Omega, #1)
  • Claimed by the Alpha (Knotted Omega, #2)
  • Owned By The Alpha (Knotted Omega, #3)
  • Under the Blood Red Moon (Unsterblich #1)
  • The Rebellion
  • Undone (Vampire Awakenings, #5)
  • The Vampire Awakening Series: Awakened & Destined Box Set (Vampire Awakening, #1-3)
  • Pour Judgment
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
I confess I've had a love affaire with vampires for several years now, especially warrior vampires, the kind found in the books of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lara Adrian and JR Ward. Though I've been published in Regency Romance under the pseudonym Valerie King--and yes one of my Regency Novellas features a vampire--one day I woke up knowing I had to create my own contemporary world of the warrior vampire. ...more

Blood Rose Tales (3 books)
  • Hunger (Blood Rose Tales #2)
  • Seduced (Blood Rose Tales #3)