Start by marking “A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)

A Grimm Warning

(The Land of Stories #3)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  24,657 ratings  ·  1,737 reviews
The Brothers Grimm have a warning for the Land of Stories.

Connor Bailey thinks his fairy-tale adventures are behind him - until he discovers a mysterious clue left by the famous Brothers Grimm. With help from his classmate Bree and the outlandish Mother Goose, Conner sets off on a mission across Europe to crack a two-hundred-year-old code.

Meanwhile, Alex Bailey is training
Published July 8th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about A Grimm Warning, please sign up.
Joanna Marie I refuse to believe it. (T~T). How could that be? The twins' father was with them since they were born and only died two years ago. Plus, the Mask Man…moreI refuse to believe it. (T~T). How could that be? The twins' father was with them since they were born and only died two years ago. Plus, the Mask Man was in prison for 10 years. How could that be him?? (T~T) (less)
Maryam The Land Of Stories, Book 4: Beyond The Kingdoms.

·  24,657 ratings  ·  1,737 reviews

Brad Sells
Oct 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
BOOKS THREE AND FOUR HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.

Lula McCuela
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was much better than I had expected it to be. Connor was getting along pretty nicely in the Otherworld, and Alex was doing great with her training. I don't think that the Masked Man is really who Alex thinks he is. My theory, even from the middle-ish part of the book, was that it would probably end up being that person's brother. Another theory that I have is that Bo Peep's lost child will play a role in the next book.

P.S. This review is sort of vague to avoid as many spoilers as poss
Bookworm007
Just finished The Enchantress Returns and left me looking like D':

Gimme this book NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. This series reminds me of Michael Buckley's The Fairy-Tale Detectives, though the latter is darker and not as light-hearted, but equally awesome!! :D

edit on February 8th, 2014

Oh my God the cover looks amazing!!!!! I love this series soo sooo much!!!!!!!!!!

edit on September 6th, 2014

Terribly disappointed with how this book turned out. :( I waited all summer to read it and wh
Lisa Price
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dear Mr. Colfer,

I don't know if you reads these reviews, but this is the only way I could think of contacting you. I just finished reading book three in the Land of Stories series. I was quite pleased over all. Your humour with your characters continues to hold true.

More importantly, however, I write because I would like to thank you for Alex's message to the Assembly on page 460, especially this portion, "They taught me that every creature is an individual and we can't punish an entire race fo
Sue Moro
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Another exciting adventure for Alex and Connor in the Land of Stories. Killer cliff hanger at the end! I need book four now!
Grace Caldelas
Mar 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
OMG!!!!!! Colfer also opened up the Land of Stories Film!!!!!! OMG! I can't wait for the books to like come out AND the film!!!!
Aqilah
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Christy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment in the series!

I was shocked by the ending (no spoilers) and delighted in learning more about the twins as they each navigated their own worlds (Connor in our world and Alex in the Land of Stories). When the potential for the portal to be reopened emerged I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. And I was not disappointed by the adventures that came after that!

The version of Mother Goose in this series makes me laugh, by the way!
Elyse
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book and waited a whole year for it to come out. To be honest I feel like it was worth the wait. I read this book because I really loved the first two. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy and even those who don't. I told my mom about it and she loved the book too. The main characters are Alex and Conner Bailey, Conner travels with one of his friends. Their Grandmother plays a big role in this book too. This book is about consequences and how you have to try to fix ...more
Jerusalen
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Morgan Anderson
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy gooooooosssshhhh! I am supercallifracilisticexpealidoshous excited give me it now I read the encantresss returns in a day and at the end I wanted to curl up and cry I don't think I can wait I need to see the cover! I hope it is yellow! I don,t know why I just do I am so excited!
Chisako_E1
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Grimm warning by Chris Colfer is about a twin from the fairy tale world and the real world trying to fight villains. I can connect his book to Percy Jackson because Percy is a demigod and he his very alike to the twins trying to fight creatures and also going on tasks. The only difference is that they are based on different generes.
Lee Wilson
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I love this series, I really do. I think it's a great idea and a great concept, it's just so unfortunate that it isn't a great writer. I can't help but feel that the almost unanimous 5 stars it's due to it being Chris Colfer. But this book was ridiculous. It was hardly believable; extremely repetitive; unnecessarily melodramatic; lacking relatability; and there was far too much 'convenient' timing and convenience in general. I really, really hope the 4th one reflects the first two, because whils ...more
Haley S
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Oh my magical mama!!! This was a super exciting. I was freaking out at the end. (I won't give away anything though!) I already have the fourth book and am going to start reading it ASAP.
I know at most places people put this series in a kids section but it is actually a good book for anyone. All of the characters are super exciting. And oh my princesses, I loved all of the princesses in this book. They kicked butt!!
But overall, good book for anyone who loves fairy tales!
Drewthereader19
I loved this one! This one is my favorite so far because of all the characters we met in book 1 &2 were in here. And we met a new character which is really ingesting!
Also that ending though! That ending!
#cliffhanger!
Davidv42
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was one of the best books in the whole series!
Rohan Menon
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best Book Ever!!!!!
I was hooked in on the first page.
Lubinka Dimitrova
Darn! Now I have to read the next installment...
justonemorechapter
This review was originally posted at www.jutonemorechapter.ca

I hate to say this, but A Grimm Warning was a let down. The first two books in this series were incredible- The stories moved quickly, they had an awesome concept, and they added extremely creative back story and depth to the Fairy tales we all thought we knew inside out. Unfortunately, when it came to this third installment things slowed down too much for my taste, and I felt I was just skimming the pages waiting for something interes
Katherine Tingen
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“A Grimm Warning” by Chris Colfer is a adventurous tale where the reader is constantly caught in a whirlwind of fairy tales. Conner goes to Germany and hears a warning to tell his sister, Alex, that will help keep the fairytale world safe. When Alex hears that an army from France has just about entered into the fairytale world the kingdoms are in complete chaos. Alex and Conner travel far to unite the kingdoms and re-establish peace throughout the land. I really enjoyed reading the third book in ...more
Monica Sousa
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
After book two, Connor and Alex Bailly are reunited once again in book three of Chris Colfers Land of Stories: A Grims Warring to fight the greater enemy, Napoleon's army. After two hundred years of being trapped in a portal by the Fairy God Mother, they must find a way to protect their homeland and defeat Napoleon's army.

This story The major theme that surfaced in the third book was friendship and coming together again. I believe this because because Connor uses his friends to help get throu
TheRavenpuffWhovian
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again. PLOT TWIST!!!
Kate
This is a solid third book for a series, and better than a lot of third books out there. Was it as good as the first two? No. Some of that may have been the format (I opted for the audiobook this time around, and as much as I love Chris Colfer, he's not my favorite narrator. There were way too many characters in this book and the accents and voices just didn't work for me, but I digress).

This book was slow to start, and there was a lot of superfluous scenes at the beginning that didn't necessar
Rose  Heartfilia
Reread: 5 - 21 July 2016.
I have not been very well and been very busy and although the concept is very great about the Grand Armée and stuff, I can't just seem to like it. I don't like the concept of war that is not 100% fantasy. The Grand Armée isn't fantasy so yeah maybe that's it. Although I'm glad it wasn't a big fight or a whole book about the war at that point good for you Colfer.

I can't wait to read part four now and bought it a couple of weeks ago. So let's hope it brings me really bac
Ashley
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book, A Grimm Warning, by Chris Colfer, was very good. I rated it 5 stars because it had a really great plot that was easy to follow. The story line continued that of the first two books (The Wishing Spell and The Enchantress Returns; both are must reads!) and kept me constantly turning pages. To better understand this book, I highly suggest reading the first two books in the series before reading this book, (you will be glad you did!), but this book was about Conner Bailey's adventure back ...more
Micah DeGraw
In this story Connor and Alex are in different worlds. Connor is in the real world, and Alex is in the fairy tale world. Connor goes on a field trip to England to read new fairy tales that were created by the Brothers Grimm. In the last story, The Brothers Grimm tell a warning in disguise. Connor finds out that an army of 2000 was stuck in a portal to the fairy tale for 200 years and would take the world over. Connor must find a way into the fairy tale world to warn the kingdoms of this army.

I t
Courtney M.
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Conner has been sent on a school trip with the girl he has a crush on and a few others though what they get from the unveiling of the lost Brothers Grimm Stories is not what Conner's hoped for. Now he and Alex must save the fairytale world. But oh they will have some surprises in store.

I gave this book five stars because I thought this book was phenomenal and cannot wait until another book from this series comes out! I would recommend this book to people who like a lot of action and mystery.
Tabby
The best one so far!! I can't contain the feels!!

Immediately after finishing the book...

Now...

And boy am I glad I was smart enough to grab the fourth book before leaving work today!!
Blabby Gabi
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOOVE this series! My favorite character is Mother Goose😂😂 I believe we are kindred spirits... and she reminds me of me😂 makes me laugh and I just love every word of it! ❤❤❤ I feel like I’ve traveled into the book and have ran alongside Alex and Conner the entire way:) Jack and Goldie are friends of mine, and Red cracks me up! I have a feeling we’d get along:) ❤
READ THIS!
I know you’ll love it.
Chule
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just when you think the Grimm's stories can't get any better, this books comes out and makes you love them even more. I found this book to be the smartest and best written of the series so far, with a storyline that will keep the reader intrigued until the very last page. The ending is completely unexpected and gets the reader excited for the fourth book of the series.
Tнe Lαɴd oғ Sтorι...: AGW General Discussion 23 47 Jun 19, 2017 10:33AM
Around the Year i...: A Grimm Warning, by Chris Colfer 1 14 Oct 12, 2016 09:38AM
Bree+Conner 28 53 Mar 04, 2016 06:10PM
The Masked Man 19 79 Feb 19, 2016 04:40PM

• Ostrich Boys
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Call the Shots (Swim the Fly, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel (Tyme #1)
  • Story's End (Storybound, #2)
  • Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
  • Moonkind (Winterling, #3)
  • The Screaming Statue (The Curiosity House, #2)
  • Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1)
  • A Dragon's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans (A Dragon's Guide, #1)
  • Break Us (Nikki Kill #3)
  • The Bravest Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #3)
  • Of Witches and Wind (The Ever Afters #2)
  • Jack: The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk
  • The Sleepwalker Tonic (Nightmares!, #2)
  • Dragon on Trial (Menagerie, #2)
  • Adventures Beyond Nutmouse Hall (Tumtum and Nutmeg #1-3)
Chris Colfer is an Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor best-known for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the FOX television series "Glee".

He is also a New York Times bestselling author whose books include the first three novels in the "Land of Stories" series ("The Wishing Spell", "The Enchantress Returns" and "A Grimm Warning") as well as "Struck By Lightning: The Carson Philips Journal"

The Land of Stories (6 books)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
“The first cut is always the deepest, but not every cut leaves a scar,” 30 likes
“The dream came true,” Grandma said. “And it had nothing to do with us. After years and years of being inspired by other dreamers, that person made their own dream come true and probably inspired countless others to do the same. We wouldn’t want to want to live in a world where no one believed in themselves enough to make their own dreams come true.” 19 likes