Start by marking “A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)

A Grimm Warning

(The Land of Stories #3)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  32,537 ratings  ·  2,139 reviews
The Brothers Grimm have a warning for the Land of Stories.

Connor Bailey thinks his fairy-tale adventures are behind him - until he discovers a mysterious clue left by the famous Brothers Grimm. With help from his classmate Bree and the outlandish Mother Goose, Conner sets off on a mission across Europe to crack a two-hundred-year-old code.

Meanwhile, Alex Bailey is training
Published July 8th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about A Grimm Warning, please sign up.
Tori
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maryam The Land Of Stories, Book 4: Beyond The Kingdoms.

·  32,537 ratings  ·  2,139 reviews

Start your review of A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
Lisa Price
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dear Mr. Colfer,

I don't know if you reads these reviews, but this is the only way I could think of contacting you. I just finished reading book three in the Land of Stories series. I was quite pleased over all. Your humour with your characters continues to hold true.

More importantly, however, I write because I would like to thank you for Alex's message to the Assembly on page 460, especially this portion, "They taught me that every creature is an individual and we can't punish an entire race fo
Bookworm007
Just finished The Enchantress Returns and left me looking like D':

Gimme this book NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. This series reminds me of Michael Buckley's The Fairy-Tale Detectives, though the latter is darker and not as light-hearted, but equally awesome!! :D

edit on February 8th, 2014

Oh my God the cover looks amazing!!!!! I love this series soo sooo much!!!!!!!!!!

edit on September 6th, 2014

Terribly disappointed with how this book turned out. :( I waited all summer to read it and
Lula McCuela
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was much better than I had expected it to be. Connor was getting along pretty nicely in the Otherworld, and Alex was doing great with her training. I don't think that the Masked Man is really who Alex thinks he is. My theory, even from the middle-ish part of the book, was that it would probably end up being that person's brother. Another theory that I have is that Bo Peep's lost child will play a role in the next book.

P.S. This review is sort of vague to avoid as many spoilers as poss
Sue Moro
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Another exciting adventure for Alex and Connor in the Land of Stories. Killer cliff hanger at the end! I need book four now!
Grace Caldelas
Mar 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
OMG!!!!!! Colfer also opened up the Land of Stories Film!!!!!! OMG! I can't wait for the books to like come out AND the film!!!!
Aqilah
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Erica Henry
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I wasn't expecting that ending
Grüffeline
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
"When someone is treated as half of or less than half of one identity, they're not being treated like a human being at all."

What a ride! What a cliffhanger!
I mean... I expected to meet that person at one point but like this?! What happened? I feel like there's some more behind this but I can't really put my finger on it yet.
So much happened in this installment and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. It was so funny (I love Bree!) and it was so full of suspense and so
Christy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment in the series!

I was shocked by the ending (no spoilers) and delighted in learning more about the twins as they each navigated their own worlds (Connor in our world and Alex in the Land of Stories). When the potential for the portal to be reopened emerged I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. And I was not disappointed by the adventures that came after that!

The version of Mother Goose in this series makes me laugh, by the way!
Elyse
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book and waited a whole year for it to come out. To be honest I feel like it was worth the wait. I read this book because I really loved the first two. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy and even those who don't. I told my mom about it and she loved the book too. The main characters are Alex and Conner Bailey, Conner travels with one of his friends. Their Grandmother plays a big role in this book too. This book is about consequences and how you have to try to fix ...more
Jerusalen
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Morgan Anderson
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy gooooooosssshhhh! I am supercallifracilisticexpealidoshous excited give me it now I read the encantresss returns in a day and at the end I wanted to curl up and cry I don't think I can wait I need to see the cover! I hope it is yellow! I don,t know why I just do I am so excited!
Chisako_E1
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Grimm warning by Chris Colfer is about a twin from the fairy tale world and the real world trying to fight villains. I can connect his book to Percy Jackson because Percy is a demigod and he his very alike to the twins trying to fight creatures and also going on tasks. The only difference is that they are based on different generes.
explorerofbooks
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
“They taught me that every creature is an individual and we can’t punish an entire race for mistakes made by individuals. As easy as it is to label large groups with the reputations of their ancestors, it isn’t right.” Damn, this book hit a little too close to home. I’m so glad this is a children’s series filled with valuable lessons. Kids could learn a lot from this.

Connor and Alex are adapting to their new lives without each other. While Alex is becoming an excellent fairy-in-training, amateu
Haley S
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Oh my magical mama!!! This was a super exciting. I was freaking out at the end. (I won't give away anything though!) I already have the fourth book and am going to start reading it ASAP.
I know at most places people put this series in a kids section but it is actually a good book for anyone. All of the characters are super exciting. And oh my princesses, I loved all of the princesses in this book. They kicked butt!!
But overall, good book for anyone who loves fairy tales!
Sidi Bao
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chris Colfer, once again, surprises me with his natural story telling abilities and skill in writing an effortlessly well - paced novel. This third installment is part of a series that brings back memories of childhood fairy tales told at our bedsides, named the 'The Land of Stories'. Highly recommended for children and adults alike!
Lubinka Dimitrova
Darn! Now I have to read the next installment...
Genevieve
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
That was good, very good! I can't believe the ending I was suspecting it but didn't want to believe it. Horrible yet pretty cool. So far, this is my favorite one in the series. Enjoyed it very much!
Sophie Crane
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tale
This book was soooooo good. I loved every minute of it and I think all of his books are amazing. You couldn't put it down because it was always exiting.
Lee Wilson
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I love this series, I really do. I think it's a great idea and a great concept, it's just so unfortunate that it isn't a great writer. I can't help but feel that the almost unanimous 5 stars it's due to it being Chris Colfer. But this book was ridiculous. It was hardly believable; extremely repetitive; unnecessarily melodramatic; lacking relatability; and there was far too much 'convenient' timing and convenience in general. I really, really hope the 4th one reflects the first two, because whils ...more
Drewthereader20
I loved this one! This one is my favorite so far because of all the characters we met in book 1 &2 were in here. And we met a new character which is really ingesting!
Also that ending though! That ending!
#cliffhanger!
Rohan Menon
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best Book Ever!!!!!
I was hooked in on the first page.
Davidv42
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was one of the best books in the whole series!
justonemorechapter
This review was originally posted at www.jutonemorechapter.ca

I hate to say this, but A Grimm Warning was a let down. The first two books in this series were incredible- The stories moved quickly, they had an awesome concept, and they added extremely creative back story and depth to the Fairy tales we all thought we knew inside out. Unfortunately, when it came to this third installment things slowed down too much for my taste, and I felt I was just skimming the pages waiting for something interes
Book2Dragon
I really, really like this author. He is able to keep suspense alive, while throwing in bits of humor and romance. I also like that he doesn't honey-coat everything, but the good guys eventually come out on top. He also is able to fill out his characters, human and otherwise, and show both the good and the evil; which we all have.
There is a dragon in this volume! Friendly or not? You'll have to find out.
I took a break with a book between, and when I started reading this volume, it was like bei
Katherine Tingen
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“A Grimm Warning” by Chris Colfer is a adventurous tale where the reader is constantly caught in a whirlwind of fairy tales. Conner goes to Germany and hears a warning to tell his sister, Alex, that will help keep the fairytale world safe. When Alex hears that an army from France has just about entered into the fairytale world the kingdoms are in complete chaos. Alex and Conner travel far to unite the kingdoms and re-establish peace throughout the land. I really enjoyed reading the third book in ...more
Monica Sousa
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
After book two, Connor and Alex Bailly are reunited once again in book three of Chris Colfers Land of Stories: A Grims Warring to fight the greater enemy, Napoleon's army. After two hundred years of being trapped in a portal by the Fairy God Mother, they must find a way to protect their homeland and defeat Napoleon's army.

This story The major theme that surfaced in the third book was friendship and coming together again. I believe this because because Connor uses his friends to help get throu
TheRavenpuffWhovian
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again. PLOT TWIST!!!
Kate
This is a solid third book for a series, and better than a lot of third books out there. Was it as good as the first two? No. Some of that may have been the format (I opted for the audiobook this time around, and as much as I love Chris Colfer, he's not my favorite narrator. There were way too many characters in this book and the accents and voices just didn't work for me, but I digress).

This book was slow to start, and there was a lot of superfluous scenes at the beginning that didn't necessar
Roos
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
That cliffhanger!!!!!

Best one so far
Tнe Lαɴd oғ Sтorι...: AGW General Discussion 23 47 Jun 19, 2017 10:33AM
Around the Year i...: A Grimm Warning, by Chris Colfer 1 15 Oct 12, 2016 09:38AM
Bree+Conner 28 56 Mar 04, 2016 06:10PM
The Masked Man 19 80 Feb 19, 2016 04:40PM

• The Land of Stories Collection 4 Book Set (The Land of Stories, #1-4)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Story Thieves (Story Thieves, #1)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #1)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (Mr. Lemoncello's Library #1)
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
  • Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1)
Chris Colfer is an Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor best-known for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the FOX television series "Glee".

He is also a New York Times bestselling author whose books include the first three novels in the "Land of Stories" series ("The Wishing Spell", "The Enchantress Returns" and "A Grimm Warning") as well as "Struck By Lightning: The Carson Philips Journal"

The Land of Stories (6 books)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)