Start by marking “Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)” as Want to Read:
Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)

Make it Right

(Bowler University #2)

Max Payton lives by two rules:
Size and strength win any fight, and never show weakness.

When a rash of assaults sends Bowler University for a tail spin, Max volunteers to help teach a self-defense class. One of the other instructors is the beautiful pixie-faced girl he keeps butting heads with…and who challenges everything he thought he knew.

Lea Travers avoids guys like Ma
Published September 9th 2014 by William Morrow Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Make it Right, please sign up.

Megan Erickson
Apr 14, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
This book. Oh man. I hope you take this journey with me to see how hard Max fights for his future and his girl. :)

If you want to be kept up to date on this release and all my other book news you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways for my books and others. Thanks!
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, romance
I liked this one a little bit better than the first, if only because the relationship drew me in better. This is actually something of a surprise because you don't end that first book with much of an opinion of Max. It had to be a tough challenge for Erickson to redeem him, but she not only did it but made it look easy.

The book was a little predictable on a couple of levels, and that hurt my enjoyment a bit. Indeed, I stalled out for half a week or so just after the middle where a roadblock was
nick
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Make it Right was such a lovely NA read that was able to give me the warm and fuzzies. After I finished the book, I literally hugged my e-reader because Make it Right managed to put a goofy smile on my face. It was a sweet and romantic story about two people who grew and matured together as a couple.

Make it Right tells the story of Max and Lea. Both these characters were beautifully fleshed out. Lea, especially, was a breath of fresh air and a character who was easy to look up to. I'm always on
Kim
Initial thoughts:

I can't stress how much I loved absolutely everything about this book. Megan had her work cut out for her, redeeming Max after his actions in Make it Count and making readers fall in love with him. But you know what? She pulled it off and then some. I love Max. I absolutely adored Lea. I want to be friends with every single one of these characters.

All. The. Feels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

So, I think I've sat down no fewer than five times t
Valerie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-copy
I read this series out of order. I read and LOVED book one, Make It Count. Then somehow I missed reading this one but then I was part of the book tour for Make it Last. It was time to fix that.

I adore this author. She does a great job of creating characters that feel real and have real issues. No perfect people here - it mirrors real life very well. I like that.

Lea has a limp. An accident when she was thirteen haunts her still but it doesn't defeat her. She's determined to do everything she can
A.J. Pine
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I didn't think I could love Max, not when I fell so hard for Alec in Make it Count. But I could tell Max had a side to him we hadn't seen yet, and Megan Erickson absolutely delivered on letting us in on what makes Max MAX. And omg I do love this boy.

Make it Right touches on something we all can relate to--how hard it is to be vulnerable because being vulnerable means opening yourself up to the risk of being hurt, and both Max and Lea have their walls up for very valid reasons. But here's the thi
Jessica
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, new-adult
Ever since I finished Make it Count this past summer, I could not WAIT to get my hands on this book! I knew Max Payton would get his redemption story and I could not have asked for a better heroine to help him do it! I loved Lea so much- she is such a strong, resilient woman and she is the perfect fit for Max.

I love Erickson's writing style. This is how college NA should be written! It's fun and cute, but at the same time the characters face their own challenges both individually and as a couple
Siobhan Davis
Max has got a massive chip on his boulder-sized shoulder and he is pretty much angry at the universe. Trapped in a life he does not choose for himself, he sees no way out of the future that is already mapped out for him. He harbors a secret crush on Lea, his ex's bff, but he can't stop acting like a total jackass around her.

Lea had been drowning under the weight of her own problems, but now that she's in college she has her shit together and she has a plan for her life. Because of what she has f
caren
Once again, Megan brings us a book filled with characters to fall in love with and a story that feels fresh. After falling for Alec and Kat's story in Make it Count, I was so very anxious to get my hands on Max's (goodies)...I mean story. He got sort of a bad wrap in the first book. The womanizing jerk who sleeps with his best friend's girl? I knew there had to be more to him.

And he didn't disappoint. I mean, a guy who nurtures an injured street cat? Give me one second...

And when you add Lea int
Nancy The book junkie
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “doll” “white knight” Kisses

Oh boy…so much to say, so many words and I feel like I can’t get everything out fast enough. I really enjoyed this book…like a lot. I mean of course I had high hopes, considering I loved Make It Count , the first book in the series, but Make It Right was a little trickier. MiR is part of the Bowler University Series…it’s possible for it to be read as a standalone, but I really wouldn’t recommend it. It makes more sense if you
Vangelina
This isn't up on my blog yet because I'm not posting it til the week of the release date but I couldn't wait and decided to post it on here first.
So here is my review to Make It Right.

Let me tell you...
All the things I love about my girl Lea here and of Make It Right.

Now... where to start *shifty eyes* Umm... Honestly, I don't know where to start, mainly because I loved everything, every chapter, every paragraph, every WORD that came off this pages. While I was reading MiR, I saw a broadway pla
Farrah
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely adorable, wonderful, charming New Adult romance, Make it Right was a fabulous read that I totally loved. I was utterly enchanted by this sweet book and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Lea was a fantastic heroine. She had been in an accident that scarred her leg and left her with a limp. After wallowing in anger and depression about it for most of her high school life, she decided to make a change and refused to let her injury keep her down. She learned to fight and became an all
Jen
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love a good redemption story and MAKE IT RIGHT is redemption at it's best!

Max Payton reminds me of a cookie dough cupcake.

Wait. What?

Don't get your icicles into a twist, Elsa, I'll explain...

On the outside, a cookie dough cupcake looks like a regular vanilla cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting, but take a bite and you'll quickly discover it has a soft goey cookie dough center inside.

The same is true of Max. By all appearances, he's your stereotypical tall, dark and looking for
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

A couple of weeks ago, I was flailing over the cuteness of Make It Count, and I’ve actually already purchased a copy of it for a friend. Since I loved the little bit of Max and Lea at the end of that book, I was so excited for Make It Right. I mean, I already shipped it, so there’s no way that could go wrong, right? Wrong.

There’s definitely some good stuff in Make It Right. Lea’s got permanent leg damage from an accident, and she walks with a limp. She’s strong and doesn’t take shit fro
RJ
Aug 23, 2014 rated it liked it
It was okay. Didn't love or hate it.

I almost didn't read it because when I went back to check out what/who book #1 was about, I read about this hero being an asshole in that. And I didn't know if I could root for a hero who (view spoiler) But I decided to take the plunge anyways because I wanted to give Max the benefit of the doubt.

I loved that Lea was a black belt and could kick some serious ass. And
Clorie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
3 good enough stars

It wasn't as good as the first one but I liked the evolution of the hero Max but the heroine Lea didn't change all that much and she got a little annoying.

The main issue with this book was the editing. Can we get at least a proofreader.

I'd like to know Cam's story but can i deal with the typos?? I do want to know why he joined the military so guess I'm in for the last book.
Ashley
2.75 stars.

I didn't toally hate it, but having both the love triangle & (emotional) infidelity it just wasn't for me.
Naw The Nonplussed Owl
A second installment of the Bowler series as lovely as the first one, actually even better if I might say.
I like the series idea of having "handicaped" lead females (dyslexia for Kat, a limp for Lea) that just kick asses and overcome their issues with the help of supportive families, awesome friends and a bit of love.
Even if the structure is quite the same than MiC, and for that matter some parts of the plot quite predictable, it had the good sense of not reenacting what I reproached to the firs
The Romance Evangelist
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review at The Romance Evangelist.

After a year when I’ve declared so many romance tropes and subgenres off my reading list, only to be shown how good they can actually be, it should have been no surprise that I would find a book so wonderful that it redeems the one subgenre I’d swore off for good: New Adult. But make no mistake, MAKE IT RIGHT by Megan Erickson is the one New Adult romance that I truly believe even those weary of that
Emma
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/5
So much more to Max than I would have thought

Lets face it girls Max was a bit of a douche in Make It Count and I for one was a little apprehensive about his story, I was all set to bring the hate BUT Megan did the miraculous and altered my perspective of Max. In fact I wanted to offer him the nurturing he so sorely lacked in his formative years.

As soon as Max's background came into focus a level of understanding to his actions was provided. Clarity to his emotional barriers and desperate ne
Ami
Jan 11, 2015 added it
(view spoiler) ...more
Tonyalee
*I received this book from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

See this review and more on my blog, Lilybloombooks
I am in love with this series. And Megan’s writing.

I mentioned in my review of MAKE IT COUNT, that I am always on the hunt for books (especially New Adult) that bring me something different and stand out. I am glad to say that MAKE IT RIGHT made the cut; just like it’s predecessor.

It takes a lot for an author to redeem a character. First impressions are huge – and when yo
Amanda R
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, series, new-adult
As soon as I finished reading Make it Count, I jumped right in to Make it Right. I wasn't expecting to like Max at all. He was sort of a tool in the first book. I was wrong. I really do need to stop making assumptions.

Max is a senior at Bowler University, his path is planned, there is no other options. His dad is a jackass and if he wants his dad to keep paying for school then he has to do everything his dad says. Growing up it was just his dad and two brothers; and he's always felt like his da
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was apprehensive opening this book. After all, Max was not the most endearing character in Make It Count, book one in this series. I needn't have worried. Seems I judged Max too soon.

Max Payton can't seem to get Lea Travers off his mind. She's small in stature but looms large in his head, and he'd like to get to know her better. And when they end up teaching a self defense class together, he finally gets the chance.

Lea Travers has a permanent injury from an accident as a kid, but she's not l
Blessie (Mischievous Reads)
Review originally posted on my blog: Mischievous Reads

Make it Right has got to be my favorite of the series, which, to be frank, was absolutely unexpected, since our boy Max wasn't exactly a likeable character in the previous book. In Make it Count, he obviously has his own issues--family issues to be exact, particularly with his dad, but that wasn't enough to make me feel bad for him. But in his book, Max is the smore you crave--a hard cracker on the outside, but all soft, delicious gooey marsh
Kristiej
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5 stars

I wanted to read this book as I had so enjoyed Dirty Thoughts and this book was Max's story, younger brother of Cal, hero of Dirty Thoughts.

Make it Right is, in itself the second book of a series. I didn't read the first book but I gather Max was a jerk in the first book and this one is his redemption story. Since I didn't read the first book and I'd already 'met' Max, he didn't need redeeming for me.

He is a bit of a party guy at the start of Make it Right but in a cute kind of
Moon Love
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: readathon-2014
I've never been prouder of my instincts. Mine weren't anything like Max's or Lea's were in this book, but they sensed there was an amazing story behind the cover of this book and they were right. I was surprised by how quickly I immersed myself in their story. I love that I was able to jump right in the deep end of sorts, especially since I hadn't read the first book in the series.

I really liked both Max and Lea. They're both perfect for each other. Lea was hurt in the past and Max hurt others i
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for review.

YOU GUYS. I can't even tell you how much I loved this book. My love for MiC is nothing compared to my love for this book. So one of my fav John Green quotes is "Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are" and earlier my CP said something about how every villain is the hero of their own story.

So if you've read MiC (and if you haven't go now and read it) you know that Max is a jerk. 3% of the way into thi
Stacee
Redemption stories usually equal a lot of angsty times and even though it's not my bag, baby, I had to request this because it's from Megan.

I flat out told Megan that I didn't think she could top Alec, but she certainly came close with Max. He's cocky and arrogant and a bit of a jerk, so I instantly loved him. It was great getting to be in his head and get to see the transformation from his side as well as Lea's.

Lea is a firecracker. She's strong and can literally kick ass. I love how feisty s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Just a Girl
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Sideswiped (Off the Map, #2)
  • What If (If Only..., #2)
  • Secrets of a First Daughter (First Daughter, #2)
  • Lauren Yanofsky Hates the Holocaust
  • Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar, #1)
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • Right of First Refusal (Radleigh University, #2)
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • There You Stand (Between Breaths, #5)
  • The Bridge
  • Love on the Tracks (Snow & Ice Games #1)
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Everly After
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

Bowler University (3 books)
  • Make it Count (Bowler University, #1)
  • Make it Last (Bowler University, #3)
“Max always left immediately after supplying the food, like he was the cat's dirty secret and if its big cat-gang buddies found out it had a human on the side, it'd be laughed out of the alley.” 3 likes
“Do you only speak in questions?"
"Do you only speak in SAT words?”
2 likes