Start by marking “Make it Count (Bowler University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Make it Count (Bowler University, #1)

Make it Count

(Bowler University #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  3,615 Ratings  ·  426 Reviews
Kat Caruso wishes her brain had a return policy, or at least a complaint hot-line. The defective organ is constantly distracted, terrible at statistics, and absolutely flooded with inappropriate thoughts about her boyfriend’s gorgeous best friend, Alec…who just so happens to be her brand new math tutor. Who knew nerd was so hot?

Kat usually goes through tutors like she does
Published June 3rd 2014 by William Morrow Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Make it Count, please sign up.

Geri Reads
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 refreshing stars!!

This book.

Her whole life, Kat Caruso has been pegged as a flaky airhead. Fun to be with but not the smartest sheep in the bunch. Alec Stone is a sexy brainiac who is assigned to tutor Kat in Statistics. Kat hides her insecurities by being a cute smartass while Alec hides his pain and loneliness by controlling and fixing everything. But the moment these two met, their chemistry has been undeniable. But Kat doesn't feel worthy of being Alec's girlfriend. She's not the kind
Megan Erickson
Feb 07, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For information on my newest releases (like the next in the series, MAKE IT RIGHT), you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways for my books and others. Thanks!

I'm the author, so of course I love this book.

It features a fun, sometimes scatterbrained Brazilian heroine and a sexy, nerdy hero with a pompadour. Oh, he's also got a tattoo but you'll have to read to find out where. ;)

I had a blast writing this and I hope you have a blast reading it.
Rachel Harris
Finally, a new adult experience that feels familiar :) I absolutely love this genre, don't get me wrong, but often the stories do not reflect my personal journey. MAKE IT COUNT is different. Though it has its fair share of angst...it's so much more.

Fun, fresh, and romantic, this book kept me enthralled (and swooning hard) while shining a light on important issues often ignored. A witty heroine sets the tone and the protective, loyal hero brings the heart. Nerdy IS the new black, ladies, and Ale
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
This is not a bad rating, it's part of my new responsible ratings initiative. Three stars means that I liked it, it was just a little vanilla for me.

I mean, if you're going to do feel-good, stick to humor. If you're going for drama, make the angst so heart-wrenching that by the time we get the HEA I'm jumping up and down all over my room. This middle-ground, clean romance is just not my style. I know some people love it, and I don't dislike it, but I like things in that fine line right before y
Fanny
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it

Make It Count es el primer libro de la trilogia Bowler University escrita por Megan Erickson y narra la historia de Kat y Alec, ademas de ser mi segunda lectura de la autora.

Antes de comenzar la lectura intente no leer ninguna reseña y asi poder ser mas imparcial con la novela y lo cierto es que me sorprendio, no fue tan floja como imaginaba.

Es cierto que no es impresionante o transcendental ( esta bien, sin mas ) y que en algunos aspectos no consiguio convencerme del todo pero fue un libro en
Deniz
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5Stars

This is kinda hard to review. Because honestly, maybe I should round up? But then again- it was kinda between ok and good.
There are parts I really loved, they really touched my heart and the other parts, that felt stoic or cliche and even worse some scenes lacked depths and felt rehearsed - sounds weird right? But some dialogues were, just really woody to run-of- the-mill-romance-movie-ish and I couldn't feel the connection between the characters. If felt fake.

My mind about this book cha
Desi
Bah no me gustó... kat me pareció insoportable... no me gustó su actitud así la hayan querido justificar y a el protagonista nunca me convenció... no estaba muy bien definido su personaje a mi parecer!!
Anya
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anya by: Dahlia
I enjoyed it so much! It has a PoC female character with a learning disability, healthy friendships, a non-douchey male lead and so many sexy times. :') Shouldn't have read this during my exams, though. (when will I learn?)
Lia Riley
Disclaimer: I fangirl in lieu of stars

I started to read MAKE IT COUNT after "one of those" mighty long days. My plan was to read a chapter, maybe two. Instead I was face-punched by talent and plot gobbling well past a sensible hour. I paid for my giant eye-bags with aching cheeks. The book truly is laugh out loud funny. Wait. That sounds like a stupid cliche. I'll try again. THIS BOOK IS STILL MAKING ME CACKLE. BY MYSELF. IN THE CAR. ALONE. LIKE A CRAZY PERSON.

While I appreciate the seriously ou
Keertana
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: why-the-hype
Rating: 1.5 Stars

Make it Count began with an incredible amount of potential. After all, what's not to love about a sexy nerd? Ever since I realized I was a not-so-sexy nerd, all I've wanted in life are sexy nerds. Yet, for many readers, Make it Count is going to be a novel to avoid merely because its set-up deals with cheating--which I know is a no-can-do subject for many of my friends. Kat and Alec, the protagonists of our tale, have exactly one thing in common: Max. Kat is dating him, Alec has
Valerie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of the New Adult genre and this book in particular called to me to read it. And while I really wanted to read this one, I kept putting it off. The other night, I just wanted to read something I wanted to read. I had other books that needed to be read but I wasn't feeling it. So I flipped through my eBooks just looking. I read the blurb again for this and I opened it to just maybe read a couple of chapter before bed. Yeah, at 4:44AM, I closed the app and finished. There was no putt ...more
Gabrielle
I thought this book was a nice cute fun contemporary Was this book amazing? no Was it horrible? no I just feel kind of eh about it. I was very entertained most of the time i skimmed some unnecessary parts but i was generally entertained. The writing style itself was fun and carefree and easy to follow. As for the characters i think that Kat was a nice enough bubbly and fun character to read about. Some things about her annoyed me though. She blew a lot of things out of proportion. When all Alec ...more
Raquel L
Feb 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
No puedo darle más a un libro con un contenido TAN sexista.
Salta de cliché en cliché y es totalmente predecible, solamente con leer la sinopsis ya puedes imaginarte cual es esa "verdad".
Por cierto eso de tener que aparentar estar borracha para bailar como una "guarra" (palabra de la autora) es MUY patético y lamentable.
Los personajes, aunque tiene la intención de darle una súper profundidad, son bastante planos.
Christina
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

MAKE IT COUNT was like a breath of fresh air!

Very clever and sweet, funny and sexy. I absolutley adored the banter between Kat and Alec and had some laugh-out-loud moments throughout. It kept me flipping pages late into the night!

You won’t read this book without smiling and sighing and swooning—sometimes all at once. A must-read!!!!
Dahlia
So, so happy this exists. For one thing, YAY MORE LIGHT CONTEMP NA. For another, a book about a girl with a learning disability? HI, YES, THAT IS GOOD. Also good? The characters, the sex, the writing...yeah, safe to say I enjoyed this one.
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
4,5 making it count stars ♥

Fun. Cute. Hilarious.

That's how I'd describe this book in three words. Basically, it's all I want in a New Adult novel and Megan Erickson managed to deliver that perfectly with her witty writing style, funny dialogues and just the right amount of swoon and feels.

"I'd bet my truck that girl is in love with you."
"You hate that rust bucket."
"Right, but it's still a working rust bucket and I don't have money to buy a newer rust bucket, so it's still good collateral."
"So, i
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

No way could she tell him no one had been this patient with her since Mrs. Ross, her sixth grade teacher. No way could she tell him that with him, she felt smart and respected.

No way could she tell him that given a chance, she'd be his.

This was so sweet! Kat and Alec were absolutely adorable together. Kat's insecurities about her smarts were so relatable. She over compensated with other parts of her personality so no one would suspect how hard she struggles.

But Alec saw thr
A.J. Pine
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Make it Count has everything I want in a New Adult novel. It's sweet, funny (like I'm still laughing at Erickson's spot on humor), and holy hell is it sexy. But like everyone else has been saying, I agree that at the end of the day, Make it Count is full of heart.

Kat and Alec's attraction is immediate, believable, and at the same time forbidden. What I love is that while both characters are dealing with their feelings for each other, they both go through a lot of personal growth along the way. A
Vanessa North
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You can't solve her for X.

Oh this book.

It made me laugh, a lot. It made me cry, a lot. This book made me long for, and then believe in, the HEA. And I adored every moment.

I have a hard time with characters like Kat. Because I loved her from the very first page, you see. And I didn't want to go through a black moment with her. And Alec? Oh. Alec. I loved him too. But Kat stole my heart, and this sweet, poignant, delightful book was worth every giggle-laced sob.

Ami
Jan 10, 2015 added it
(view spoiler) ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
I picked this up on a whim (nice cover, interesting hook) and because the price was astonishing for Harper Collins (who are one of the more predatory publishers eBook-wise). I'm really glad I did.

Over all, the story is so-so. It's a straight-up college romance that often feels like it snuck out of High School to play with the big kids in the New Adult club. I wish I could tease out what made it feel that way, actually, as the characters didn't feel High School and the setting wasn't High School.
Cindi
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Math nerds, funny chicks, and awesome side characters, oh my! This book had it all. I laughed out loud, highlighted clever lines, and swooned over the math geek hero. The chemistry is smoking between Alec & Kat, and I think I have a girl crush on Danica. Plus, I want to raid her closet. This book left me with a big smile on my face, and wishing I had the next book in my possession so I can see who's getting their story told next.
Tricia
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I graduated from Uni with a Math degree so I immediately liked this book. Cute love story.
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4.5 “Kitty-Kat” “Zuk” “meu coração” Kisses

So…not going to lie…I was totally taken aback by how much I fell in love with this book. Every little detail from the story to the characters to the emotions really got me and after about 50% I seriously couldn’t put it down. It was unique, funny, angsty as all get out and sexy as hell.

Katía Curuso…Kat…Kitty-Kat (to her bestie)…hmmm…where to begin with Kat. She’s a beautiful mess…no, really, she is. She’s Brazili
~Kristin~
3.5 Stars
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

Obviously what I needed after an intense binge of historical romance novels was some contemporary, romance, right? New Adult fiction and I have struggled to form a healthy relationship. Everything in me wants to love new adult books because that’s basically the chick lit of the 90s/2000s by another name, and I ate that stuff up. However, new adult spun off as an edgier, darker thing, and I cannot take too much of that thing. I’m so glad that some fluffier, more diverse new adult is happ
Celeste
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Celeste by: Risbee
loved it. full review soon.

This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

4 squeeze my heart stars Oh, I loved Alec and Kat’s story. This was a romance that made me feel fuzzy all over and I couldn’t get enough of these characters. I read in one sitting because I just *had* to get to my HEA before I went to sleep for the night.

I bought this book because so many of my friends read it and loved it, so based on those recs I put it right to the top of my reading list, and I’m sure glad I did!
Jaime Arkin
3.5 stars..

Make It Count is the first in the Bowler University series and to be honest I hadn't really heard much about it prior to grabbing it off of Edelweiss! I'm always on the look-out for new stuff in the New Adult genre so I knew I have to give it a try! Aaaaaand I have to say that I really enjoyed this first installment and I'm excited to see what Erickson does with book 2.

Overall it's a solid first book and I think my only complaint is that the plot line was a bit predictable... and I
Jenn
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to hear Megan Erickson read a scene from this book and even if I wasn't already intrigued by the cover blurb, that sealed the deal for me. (For the record, she's awesome!)

Kat's voice is fun, fresh, spunky, and sparky, and although she seems to dwell in dramatic "Kat-Land", it's clear very early on that Kat has a lot of layers. I loved experiencing her journey of discovering herself; but more than that, I loved how that journey unravelled.

Oh, and let's not forget about Alec.
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
4.25 Kitty Kat Stars!

This book made me sad

Poor Kat she just made me sad

And then she just made me angry, cause she couldn't see the type of person she was, always helping others even when she is dealing with such a hard thing. I wanted to scream at her just to say something to someone anyone!

And then I just wanted to hug poor Alec cause he had no clue what he did wrong, lol, MEN! But he was so sweet and cute throughout this story

And I wanted to so much bitch slap Max :-( Douche!! Seriously!

Danik
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 18, 2015 06:06PM
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Boomerang (Boomerang, #1)
  • Take What You Want
  • Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University, #1)
  • If Only (If Only..., #1)
  • The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4)
  • Whisper to Me (Between Breaths, #3)
  • Stir Me Up
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • Sideswiped (Off the Map, #2)
  • One & Only (Canton, #1)
  • Loud is How I Love You (Hub City, #1)
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • Wild Hearts (Forever Wild, #2)
  • The Wicked We Have Done (Chaos Theory, #1)
  • Wild (The Ivy Chronicles, #3)
  • The Sound of Us (Radio Hearts, #1)
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

Bowler University (3 books)
  • Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)
  • Make it Last (Bowler University, #3)
“You know, nerd is the new black. I read that in Cosmo.” 23 likes
“He hadn’t realized a girl like her would love him. But she did, somehow, and he thanked the Fucking King Fuck of all Fucks she did.” 3 likes