Start by marking “Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)

Christmas at Twilight

(Twilight, Texas #5)

It's Christmas in Twilight, Texas. The Cookie Club is baking, the town is decorated, and Delta Force Operator "Hutch" Hutchinson has finally, reluctantly, returned home . . .

. . . only to get pepper sprayed by the delicious- looking stranger who's taken over his house. She says her name is Jane, and she immediately sets down ground rules. Top priority: no touching. For Hut
Published October 28th 2014 by Avon

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 "I need you" stars!

Christmas At Twilight is one of the most emotional holiday stories I've read. It's poignant, angsty, and heartbreaking, but it's also hopeful and joyous! Meredith and Hutch are two amazing people who get more than Christmas magic, they get a miracle - the kind that comes from finding your soul mate, just when you thought you'd forever be alone.

The blurb...

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)

Can't believe this is my first book by Lori Wilde. I absolutely adored Christmas At Twilight, the writing, the characters, the romance. Meredith under the name of Jane and Hutch made a wonderful duo and the book was really hard to put down.
Hutch suffered a terrible tragedy, a Delta Force Operator, Hutch has lost his voice. He is forced to come back home and watch his sister's daughter. Hutch's sister takes off with another man to another country and leaves her daughter behind with "Jane". Jane i

Alp
Christmas At Twilight is a sweet romance with a bit of suspense set in a small town of Twilight, Texas, where two lonely, wounded souls found love and solace in each other's embrace.

A former Delta Force Operator, 'Hutch' Brian Hutchinson, came home to Twilight after getting discharged for medical reasons. He temporarily lost the ability to speak and he also lost one of his index fingers. After being ambushed and losing his team, Hutch was suffering from PTSD.

Meredith Sommers was on the run from
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Being Brave and Hopeful Stars * * * 1/2

This is book focuses on quite a few themes; there are bipolar disorder, PTSD and domestic violence... with a very hopeful love story. Those who have read some of the Twilight, Texas series by Lori Wilde will recognize... she does not shy away from tough subjects... she somehow figures out how to put them all together and make them work. This was no different.... her personal statement in the beginning of the book sets the tone.

Our female lead, Jane, is
Lisa Filipe
Rated a TOP TASTY READ of 2014

CHRISTMAS AT TWILIGHT is truly special...will touch your heart in a way no other book has done, and will have you believing in the magic of TRUE LOVE!

Every time Lori, I swear, Every Time you make me fall in love with your writing and your characters...and Hutch....my heart went out to him and for Meredith (Jane)...I loved her..her strength, her character...I adored their shared smiles and touches...had my heart melting!

For two pretty broken people, to have taken on
Cathy
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Christmas at Twilight" by Lori Wilde. Wow! Ms. Wilde does an amazing job of reaching down deep and tugging at the heart strings. My heart ached for Hutch and pounded for Meredith. They are both strong characters, struggling with hardships thrown at them. The story has two people that are afraid to love but, for some reason they can't understand, undeniably trust each other - Can they help each other heal? It's also filled with danger and suspense! For most of the book, I was a bit on the edge o ...more
Lover of Romance
Meredith Summers, is on the run, she has changed her name to "Jane", always looking over her shoulder for her abusive ex husband, and she will protect her son at any cost. Meredith has felt more contentment in Twilight, Texas than she has anywhere else. When she comes home one day, she finds a stranger there, and sprays him with pepper spray, not realizing that he is her roommate's brother. Hutch, has just been discharge from the military. Hutch worked for the Black Ops, and was the "best of the ...more
Betty
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Betty by: Downloaded from Eidelweiss

Captain Brian Hutchinson has been in group therapy at Walter Reed Military Medical Center for three weeks and has not participated in any activity. Hutch is unable to speak due to a damaged trachea, and hates communicating by writing on his “magic slate”; he’s missing his left index finger; and, he has slight PTSD, but he is still luckier than so many veterans. He is the lone survivor of his six member Special Forces unit. The psychologist decides to take off the kid gloves by goading Hutch to g
Andrea Guy
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've read several of the "Twilight, Texas" books by Lori Wilde. This book is part romance and part suspense. I love Ms. Wilde's books, but this particular story was a bit of a downer for me.

Both of our characters are wounded. Hutch, is wounded soldier, and his wounds are physical and mental. Meredith "Jane"'s are mental too, as she's got some secrets she's trying to keep hidden.

It won't take long for you to fall in love with both of these characters and you will be rooting for them to begin a
Cheri
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in this series that I have read so far. I wanna live in Twilight! Romance, mystery, humor ,lil sex and so many heartfelt characters in this book. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Jo
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, mine, gr2015

This book made me CRAVE a cookie….

description

A very sweet book, which addressed very serious topics, from PTSD to personality disorders. Recently someone that I know was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and I thought Lori Wilde did a very impressive job in writing the ups and downs that are associated with a personality disorders.

I loved Hutch, who was so very broken after the war, suffering from mild PTSD, losing his entire team, and losing a finger, and being unable to speak. He has such a good heart,

Sharon Redfern
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
At first glance, this book may seem to be to be another battered wife in peril saved by her new love and lives happily ever after. While some of this is true, there are many layers to this book. Meredith is on the run from her abusive ex and has landed in Twilight. She is renting a room from Ashley for herself and her son. When Ashley impulsively takes off with a strange man, Meredith is watching over Ashley's daughter Kimmee when a strange man shows up. The man turns out to be Ashley's brother, ...more
Cynthia Gail
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What more can you ask for? NY Times Bestselling author bringing a heart-warming story for the holidays!

Though their initial encounter starts off entirely on the wrong foot, the attraction between Hutch and Jane is palpable almost immediately. As with all her books, Ms. Wilde weaves a story full of rich characters, humor, intrigue, and page-turning events.

Christmas at Twilight is a wonderful story full of secrets, mystery, romance and more. Children that will make you laugh and touch your heart.
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars

Meredith Sommers or “Jane” is hiding secrets that could sneak up and destroy everything she is working hard to build. Hutch has returned home only to be attacked with pepper spray by Jane.

They come up with rules so they can live under the same roof and that care of Hutch’s niece as her mother ran off with a boyfriend. With Hutch’s injury’s he needs her help. As the time goes by the grow closer but Hutch can see the fear and secrets that Jane is trying hard to hide.

Can Jane count on Hut
Eva Millien
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Delta Force Operator, “Hutch” Hutchinson returns home to find his sister is MIA and a young woman and her son is living in his house and they have a frightening secret and he vows to do whatever it takes to protect them in this riveting romantic holiday suspense. Spine tingling tension builds throughout the story as suspense builds in several different directions throughout and the conclusion to the story is exciting and believable though a bit sad. Twilight, Texas and its charismatic characters ...more
Kathleen
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 +Stars...
Lori Wilde has truly brought us another wonderful Hero in Hutch. A man who would do anything to protect those he loves. And in Meredith, a woman who would do anything to protect her son and the little girl left in her care, who just happens to be Hutch’s niece. In pages of this story, Lori Wilde has written on of her best stories yet. I felt the love and joy, and anguish she put into every page. This story left me feeling glad, sad, and happy and at parts shuddering with intensity at
Ann Lorz
Once again Lori Wilde has written a book that has tugged at my heartstrings. You won't be able to not feel for Hutch and all he's been through. He's a very strong man who needs a very strong woman at his side. Jane is just that person. So much happens in this book that will make you feel. The perfect holiday story!
Susan
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book, full of love, loss, hope and fear. Hutch is unwillingly headed home to Twilight because injuries he received during the war have made it impossible to stay in the army. He left the hospital, unable to speak and bearing guilty feelings over being the only one in his group to survive the attack. He's told that his inability to speak is psychological, not physical. He arrives home to find his sister is missing and the other woman in his house sprays him with pepper spray.

Meredith pa
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

What an awesome story! Christmas at Twilight by Lori Wilde is a compelling story of healing and love between two people who were facing some real issues. Brian ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson has been discharged and reluctantly returns home to Twilight, Texas to find that his home has been rented to a mysterious woman and her child. He suffers from PTSD and hasn’t been able to talk since his injuries. To ma
Mandy
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it

I love a good holiday/Christmas story and I gotta tell you that this is a GREAT book and I loved it.  Holiday books tend to be light and fluffy, this one is not.  It's intense.

Both characters are gong through some very heavy stuff.  Hutch is recuperating from being wounded while deployed and his throat injury complicates his life a great deal.  Let's throw Meredith in on top of that, this woman is running for her and her son's life from a truly crazy son of a bitch.  She settles in the lovely to

Abby
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Christmas at Twilight" is written by Lori Wilde, and it is the 5th book in her Twilight, Texas series. It can be read as a stand-alone book. It features Meredith Sommers and Brian Hutchinson aka "Hutch".

Meredith Sommers and her young son, Ben have been on the run from her abusive and dangerous ex-husband for a couple of years now. She thought she found solace in Twilight, Texas, but she's uncertain. Is it possible she saw her ex-husband across the street?

Hutch is back in town - albeit, reluctan
GraceMyBookSnack
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review also posted on My Book Snack

Made my heart race all the way to the end!

I picked up Christmas at Twilight on a whim to satisfy my craving for a holiday read. I think the cover is adorable, and I’m also a sucker for reads where the hero is ex-military. WOW!!! New-to-me author Lori Wilde can surely write an engaging storyline filled with serious issues that twist your heart. I’m so glad I took a chance on this one.

The underlying tone of this story is very sad. I say that, because much of the
Paula Ratcliffe
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gayle
MEMORABLE CHRISTMAS IN TWILIGHT
Everything in Twilight, Texas is ready for Christmas, except a Delta Force Operator and a lady with a dark secret. They just happen to both want to occupy the same house.
Lori Wilde always creates a great read, but this one is full of intrigue, romance, and dark secrets. One theme of this novel is right out of the headlines – domestic abuse. Can the Delta Force Operative protect Meredith and her son (the abused)? As they explore their new feelings for one another, c
Gale
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Christmas at Twilight by Lori Wilde is one of the best “feel-good” holiday books that I have read. It has a very heartwarming story that is deep, touching, with a touch of sadness that raises the bar for HEA’s – at least in my opinion.

This isn’t a quick holiday story; it is a very in-depth, family story that grabbed me from the very beginning. Jane/Meredith and Hutch both have things in their pasts that bring in that sadness that I
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a fan of Ms. Wilde’s books I knew I would love her latest book Christmas at Twilight. A small town romance that happens over Christmas is a book that you couldn’t keep me away from! Then when I started reading… wow it was heavy.

We have two damaged character that have personal issues galore and yet must hold things together for two young children. Add in a bit of suspense and you have a book that brings you to tears as it holds your heart strings.

This story was a little to heart wrenching fo
Gail
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane is an alias for Meredith Sommers. She is hiding out from her ex-husband who is a cop and abusive. She has a 4 year old son Ben. She is sharing a house with Ashley who also has a 4 year old daughter Kimmie. Ashley takes off on a date and leaves Kimmie with Jane who than decides to run off with this guy and leaves Kimmie with Jane. Hutch who actually owns the house they are living in and is Ashley's half brother comes back from the war but can't talk (they say he should be able to talk but so ...more
Cathy
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story is one of my favorites in Lori Wilde’s Twilight, Texas Series. It has such heart. It isn’t a fluff story with just romance. There are some hard issues for the hero and heroine such as PTSD, domestic abuse, mental illness and a bad guy who is just plain evil. You may wonder why you would want to read such a story but life is messy and has issues in it that we all have to deal with. Through it all there is hope, peace, joy and love when all is said and done. Going through the bad stuff ...more
Nicole
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Christmas at Twilight by Lori Wilde. While I have read all of her books, this is my favorite. It grabbed my attention and wouldn't let it go. When I had to put it down because work interrupted (darn work!), I couldn't wait to start reading from where I left off.
Brian Hutchinson is the soldier who is coming home every day. He's the one who sits next to us on the plane, bus, or in a restaurant. We don't know their story of where they have been or where they are going but Ms. Wilde ma
Margaret
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved the way this author writes. She brings real live experiences into her books. And this one is no different then the rest.
Hutch is a military man who lost his ability to speak due to an accident in his military line of work. When he returns home he realizes that it was he best thing that has ever happened to him. He gained a wife and children.
Meredith has been on the run from her abusives ex husband for as long as she could remember. When she meets Hutch she doesn't want anythi
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1)
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • Her Holiday Man
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • Christmas Revels (The Circle of Friends)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby (Lucky Harbor, #12.5)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • Christmas in Transylvania (Deadly Angels, #4.5)
  • When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)
  • All I Want Is You (Coral Cove, #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Cowboy (Hunted, #0.5; Montana Men, #0.5; Valentine Valley, #0.5)
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • The Movie Star's Red Hot Holiday Fling
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis

Twilight, Texas (9 books)
  • The Sweethearts' Knitting Club
  • The True Love Quilting Club (Twilight, Texas, #2)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
  • A Wedding for Christmas (Twilight, Texas #7)
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (Twilight, Texas #8)
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)
“Delta Force Operator Captain Brian “Hutch” Hutchinson hated group therapy almost as much as he hated the mind-warping meds.” 0 likes
“rule of four when it came to gift giving—something you want and something you need, something to wear and something to read.” 0 likes