Start by marking “YumUniverse: Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free, Plant-Powerful, Whole-Food Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

Adding more plant-based, gluten-free foods into your life just got a lot tastier.

Whether you’re transitioning to a completely plant-based diet or you just want some ideas for how to prepare scrumptious veggie dishes, Heather Crosby provides a step-by-step guide to adding good stuff into your existing routine.

YumUniverse: Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free, Plant-Powe
Published October 28th 2014 by BenBella Books

To ask other readers questions about YumUniverse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about YumUniverse

Start your review of YumUniverse: Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free, Plant-Powerful, Whole-Food Lifestyle
Victoria
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book from the publisher.

I'm not vegetarian but wanted to try this cookbook for some whole food vegetable recipes since it's always hard to get enough vegetables into every day. It's hard to believe someone could come up with recipes I haven't seen before, but the author in fact did. I loved the pages of recipes she had for salad dressing and sauces. The sammiches section was creative and really simple but flavorful ideas. Nice mix of recipes with a bunch of ingredients
Arielle Jagow
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on my blog Living Life with Joy:

My Thoughts in a Nutshell

This book is for YU (Yes, you)! Although I do not live a gluten and dairy free lifestyle, I was intrigued at the possibility of introducing more plant-based meals into my diet. Reading this book was enlightening, inspiring and motivating. I won’t be jumping in to a 100% plant-powerful diet, but I will certainly begin to make small changes in my diet for my health an well-bei
Shipshapeeatworthy
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever visited the YumUniverse? I have! It is the most wonderful place created by Heather Crosby full of resources and experiences geared towards learning about and supporting plant based, gluten free eating. I first became acquainted with the YU a few years ago when Crosby published her first book: YumUniverse. At that time I was a new mom with a budding interest in cooking (I've spoken before about how the birth of our daughter made me more aware of the type of vegetarians we were -- br ...more
Bernadette
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Foodies
Recommended to Bernadette by: BenBella books
Excellent book to have in one's cookbook & lifestyle collection, whether vegan or just veg-curious. Stories and recipes compliment the author's very popular website/blog, YumUniverse.com, which I have followed for years.
Heather details her journey to her plant-based, gluten free lifestyle, initially due to personal health challenges, sharing her stumbles along the way, and her persevering determination that led to her sharing on her blog, and eventually in this book.
Very good instructions on se
Sugarpuss O'Shea
Think of this book as more of a how-to, rather than a cookbook. The book is broken into 5 color-coded sections:

1) An foreword by Brendan Braizer & an introduction on how Ms Crosby chose her plant-inspired life (pgs 10-21);
2) Why: Why plants?; The benefits of eating said plants; How to filter out the noise & focus on you; And the Yum Universe approach (pgs 23-75);
3)How: A detailed path on how to get from the point A, or why, to getting ready to eat. This includes how to shop for your new foods, f
Maria Panteli
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beatiful book with more than just recipes. I felt like the author really wanted you to go on a journey with her.
I felt like I finally got it. I've read plenty of "plant-based" books and I've always missed that "something". The thing that made me really see why this is the way to live. I know the pro's and con's, in a way. But I've never felt so moved to the point where I've gone made a life decision and stuck with it.
Thank you Heather for making me see that a life void of pain and suffering is
Whitney Pittsenbarger
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some books I go through and think these are some cool recipes but way over my head as far as knowledge of some of these ingredients goes. That's how I felt about this book a few months ago. Rereading it for the second time now , as my food journey has progressed and expanded , this book is exciting! I have already tried a few recipes with success and can't wait to try more, maybe all. It is hard to find a gluten free, vegan cookbook that is realistic to me whether in ingredients or something I a ...more
Ash Tanasiychuk
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far the most well researched, informative, attractively laid out, enjoyable to read, and valuable book on healthy eating that I've ever seen or read.
I'm constantly astounded by how often I reference the book and in how many different ways it provides what I'm looking for.
As a writer and designer I can't imagine the amount of work that went into creating it but it was worth every moment.
Pamela
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of great information here, so it is much more than a cookbook. I enjoyed the author's writing style and humor. I liked the layout of the book and the many photos. Yummy sauces and interesting recipes, with lots of room for experimenting and making the food with my own personal style.
Katie Dawn
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it
It was decent. Not remarkable, but good!
Lisa
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands Down

Hands down one of the best plant-based cookbooks ever. As a veggie phobic as I am, she gave me lots of yummy options.
Anna
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love her, her blog, and this cookbook. Nearly all of the recipes I have tried have been keepers. It's a well used book in my collection of plant based eating cookbooks.
Heather
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher.

Heather Crosby has a passion for real food, gluten-free, plant-based living. While she once dined on a more traditional diet that included meat and dairy, her health lead her on a different journey. It was a journey filled with discovery and learning. She transformed her diet into one that no longer included dairy, gluten, or meat. She is now living a plant-strong life and loving it. YumUniverse takes readers along on her journey in a way that ex
Linda
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook, self-help
I was blown away by this book!

You don't have to be a health nut or a foodie to easily incorporate plant-based, gluten-free foods into your life. YU just have to start.

YUMUNIVERSE by Heather Crosby is an amazing, inspirational step-by-step guide to making positive changes in your existing routine. It allows you to take baby steps towards a delicious plant-based, allergy-friendly diet and includes more than 150 recipes that are scrumptious and easy to prepare! Don't expect a guilt trip! Heather is
Monique
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
This book totally change my food perspective. You don't have to uproot your life and change everything at once. Little by little change your perspective to save your life. Crosby has written a masterpiece that if you let it will change your perspective and free you from the fast food bondage you have become accustomed to. This plant based whole-food book is more than a cookbook it's a way of life. Take a leap of faith and enter into the YumUniverse...you will be healthier because of it.
Elizabeth Grieve
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although I'm not planning a completely gluten-free, plant-based diet, this book was extremely useful and contains a great deal of information for those looking to improve their diet overall. It's very thorough, and is much more than a recipe book - it has information on shopping, preparing and storing foods too. The recipes are inspiring, achievable, and of course, yummy.

Reviewed in exchange for a preview copy.
Rina
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a fan of this lifestyle for a while now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to do it best. This book is filled with helpful tips and tricks how to storage, cook and organize everything. And the recipes are so delicious! And mostly very easy to make.
I love this book!
Jessica Schaudt
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved this book but the recipes I chose didn't always work out.
Twyla
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
it's more than a cookbook, and it's awesome. so many tips & suggestions & prep tips & food storage ideas..the awesome recipes are like an added bonus! ...more
Colleen
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: acid-reflux
Finally some recipes I can use or alter and use with my acid reflux diet! Yay!
Adella

• The Forest Feast: Simple Vegetarian Recipes from My Cabin in the Woods
  • Our Numbered Days
  • Wild Remedies: Plant Medicines That Heal You, Your Family, and the World
  • The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal
  • Plant-Based on a Budget: Delicious Vegan Recipes for Under $30 a Week, for Less Than 30 Minutes a Meal
  • Colour Deconstructed
  • Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
  • Thug Kitchen 101: Fast as F*ck
  • How to Decorate: An Inspiring and Practical Handbook
  • Tissue, Please!
  • My Secret: A PostSecret Book
  • Tricia Guild: Colors, Patterns, and Space
  • Well-Read Women: Portraits of Fiction's Most Beloved Heroines
  • The Book of Jezebel: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Lady Things
  • The Alkaline Cure: Lose Weight, Gain Energy, Feel Young and Stay Healthy for the Rest of Your Life
  • Tricia Guild Pattern: Using Pattern to Create Sophisticated, Show-stopping Interiors
  • The Vintage Sweets Book
  • Cycle Style
Heather Crosby is the author of the upcoming book YumUniverse Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free Plant-Powerful Whole-Food Lifestyle which will release October 28, 2014—a day she may cartwheel down the street with excitement.

Heather is also a certified T. Colin Campbell Foundation plant-based wellness coach who has developed a unique and well-loved collection of over 500 gluten-free, plant-

News & Interviews