Start by marking “YumUniverse: Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free, Plant-Powerful, Whole-Food Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

Adding more plant-based, gluten-free foods into your life just got a lot tastier.

Whether you’re transitioning to a completely plant-based diet or you just want some ideas for how to prepare scrumptious veggie dishes, Heather Crosby provides a step-by-step guide to adding good stuff into your existing routine.

YumUniverse: Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free, Plant-Powe
Published October 28th 2014 by BenBella Books

To ask other readers questions about YumUniverse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about YumUniverse

Victoria
Nov 15, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book from the publisher.

I'm not vegetarian but wanted to try this cookbook for some whole food vegetable recipes since it's always hard to get enough vegetables into every day. It's hard to believe someone could come up with recipes I haven't seen before, but the author in fact did. I loved the pages of recipes she had for salad dressing and sauces. The sammiches section was creative and really simple but flavorful ideas. Nice mix of recipes with a bunch of ingredients
Arielle Deltoro
Oct 24, 2014 Arielle Deltoro rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on my blog Living Life with Joy:

My Thoughts in a Nutshell

This book is for YU (Yes, you)! Although I do not live a gluten and dairy free lifestyle, I was intrigued at the possibility of introducing more plant-based meals into my diet. Reading this book was enlightening, inspiring and motivating. I won’t be jumping in to a 100% plant-powerful diet, but I will certainly begin to make small changes in my diet for my health an well-bei
Bernadette
Dec 20, 2015 Bernadette rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Foodies
Recommended to Bernadette by: BenBella books
Excellent book to have in one's cookbook & lifestyle collection, whether vegan or just veg-curious. Stories and recipes compliment the author's very popular website/blog, YumUniverse.com, which I have followed for years.
Heather details her journey to her plant-based, gluten free lifestyle, initially due to personal health challenges, sharing her stumbles along the way, and her persevering determination that led to her sharing on her blog, and eventually in this book.
Very good instructions o
Maria Panteli
Feb 09, 2016 Maria Panteli rated it it was amazing
Beatiful book with more than just recipes. I felt like the author really wanted you to go on a journey with her.
I felt like I finally got it. I've read plenty of "plant-based" books and I've always missed that "something". The thing that made me really see why this is the way to live. I know the pro's and con's, in a way. But I've never felt so moved to the point where I've gone made a life decision and stuck with it.
Thank you Heather for making me see that a life void of pain and suffering is
Jessica Schaudt
Jan 01, 2017 Jessica Schaudt rated it liked it
I loved this book but the recipes I chose didn't always work out.
Heather
Nov 13, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher.

Heather Crosby has a passion for real food, gluten-free, plant-based living. While she once dined on a more traditional diet that included meat and dairy, her health lead her on a different journey. It was a journey filled with discovery and learning. She transformed her diet into one that no longer included dairy, gluten, or meat. She is now living a plant-strong life and loving it. YumUniverse takes readers along on her journey in a way that ex
Linda
Nov 22, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, cookbook
I was blown away by this book!

You don't have to be a health nut or a foodie to easily incorporate plant-based, gluten-free foods into your life. YU just have to start.

YUMUNIVERSE by Heather Crosby is an amazing, inspirational step-by-step guide to making positive changes in your existing routine. It allows you to take baby steps towards a delicious plant-based, allergy-friendly diet and includes more than 150 recipes that are scrumptious and easy to prepare! Don't expect a guilt trip! Heather is
Monique
May 24, 2015 Monique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
This book totally change my food perspective. You don't have to uproot your life and change everything at once. Little by little change your perspective to save your life. Crosby has written a masterpiece that if you let it will change your perspective and free you from the fast food bondage you have become accustomed to. This plant based whole-food book is more than a cookbook it's a way of life. Take a leap of faith and enter into the YumUniverse...you will be healthier because of it.
Elizabeth Grieve
Feb 14, 2015 Elizabeth Grieve rated it it was amazing
Although I'm not planning a completely gluten-free, plant-based diet, this book was extremely useful and contains a great deal of information for those looking to improve their diet overall. It's very thorough, and is much more than a recipe book - it has information on shopping, preparing and storing foods too. The recipes are inspiring, achievable, and of course, yummy.

Reviewed in exchange for a preview copy.
Rina
Nov 26, 2014 Rina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a fan of this lifestyle for a while now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to do it best. This book is filled with helpful tips and tricks how to storage, cook and organize everything. And the recipes are so delicious! And mostly very easy to make.
I love this book!
Twyla
Jan 20, 2015 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
it's more than a cookbook, and it's awesome. so many tips & suggestions & prep tips & food storage ideas..the awesome recipes are like an added bonus!
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Doan
Doan rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
Chazz Rose
Chazz Rose rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Cora Cohlmeyer
Cora Cohlmeyer rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Analouise Keating
Dec 06, 2014 Analouise Keating rated it it was amazing
Terrific recipes...tasty, easy to prepare, enjoyable to make. Highly recommended.
Kari
Kari rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
kathleen debus
kathleen debus rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Bev
Bev rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Alana
Alana rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Rissa Miller
Rissa Miller rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Jeanne'
Jeanne' rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity with Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, and More, Based on the Wisdom of Leading American Chefs
  • 1,000 Vegan Recipes
  • Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook
  • I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude
  • Afro-Vegan: Farm-Fresh African, Caribbean, and Southern Flavors Remixed
  • The Millennium Cookbook: Extraordinary Vegetarian Cuisine
  • The Tropical Vegan Kitchen: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Dishes from the Tropics
  • Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion
  • Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen
  • Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian
  • The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook: 100 Down-Home Recipes for the Modern Table
  • Food
  • Green Kitchen Travels: Healthy Vegetarian Food Inspired by Our Adventures
  • Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living
  • The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes Carnivores Will Devour
  • The Plantpower Way: Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes and Guidance for The Whole Family
  • Big Vegan
  • Cook without a Book: Meatless Meals: Recipes and Techniques for Part-Time and Full-Time Vegetarians
Heather Crosby is the author of the upcoming book YumUniverse Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free Plant-Powerful Whole-Food Lifestyle which will release October 28, 2014—a day she may cartwheel down the street with excitement.

Heather is also a certified T. Colin Campbell Foundation plant-based wellness coach who has developed a unique and well-loved collection of over 500 gluten-free, plant-
More about Heather Crosby...