Start by marking “The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding (Millworth Manor, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding (Millworth Manor, #4)

The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding

(Millworth Manor #4)

The bride and groom cordially request your presence for a wedding at Millworth Manor. . .

Guests will include Jackson Quincy Graham Channing, New York City banker, and Lady Theodosia "Teddy" Winslow, wedding planner to the finest families in England.

Introductions shall be followed by light conversation, dancing, flirtation, arguing, reconciliation, and an impulsive kiss th
Published November 2014 by Zebra Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding

Phoenix77
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I don't get too excited about this author's writing, but it was a nice read. The banter was fun and it reminded me of something along the lines of Oscar Wilde as far as situational comedy. It's up the alley of a historical romance fan who likes a light, banter-filled read.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Wendy
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: jan-15
This novel is the fourth book in Victoria Alexander's "Millworth Manor" series.
This novel focuses on Jackson Quincy Graham Channing, New York City banker, and Lady Theodosia "Teddy" Winslow, wedding planner to the elite families in England.
Jackson ventures to England to meet his newly discovered family and also meets Teddy at the wedding of his cousin. They dance and the rest is history. Their adventure is witty and the back and forth banter between the two is, at times, hilarious.
However, I ha
Melissa McHugh
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
There is nothing more disappointing than a book that has two engaging leads and a promising setup that completely botches the ending.

I think the problem is that Ms. Alexander failed to set up a decent conflict between the two characters earlier in the book, and by conflict, I mean a believable reason these two wouldn't marry and live happily ever after. Conflict does not equal a series of plot points that get thrown at our leads in order to complicate their lives. First there was the distant cou
Eva
Oct 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014, regency, romantics
When you read the first 10% of a book and you get the feeling that exactly nothing really happens because there is only endless talking without a lot of wit, you have to stop reading the book because it isn’t worth your time.

That’s exactly what happened to me with this one – which sounded so promising. I mean the title could have meant everything: “The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding” by Victoria Alexander. I haven’t read anything by her before and I am open for good (to me new) writer
Susan
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As is usually the case with a Victoria Alexander book, this was a fun story. Jackson and Teddy are very different people, but those differences balance each other well, if they will just allow it to happen.

Jackson has grown up in New York City with his mother and grandfather. He has become vice president of the family bank and is set to announce his engagement to the young lady who he has grown up with. He is content with his life. All that changes when his father shows up at his family home. Ja
SidneyKay
Dec 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Amie's Book Reviews
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
"The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding" by Victoria Alexander

I received an ARC of this book through the Goodreads Giveaway program. The release date for this book is set for 10/28/14.

The story is set in 1887 and moves from the opulence of Fifth Avenue in New York City to the decadence and refinement of the grand estates located in the English countryside.

Jackson Quincey Graham is the Vice President of a prestigious banking facility in New York. He is set to announce his engagement to the
Nicole
I've really enjoyed Alexander's books in the past, but this one was SUPER slow moving, and I never really felt like I totally connected to the characters. It was very... blah.
C
Full review to be posted at www.thebookpushers.com
Melinda
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series. The heroines are brilliant and independent and feisty. And the heroes are swoon worthy, and idiots and lovely....it's all a great mix. Sparks of chemistry in a regents sitting room.
Kimia Safavi
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Shocking Secret of a Guest at the Wedding is a delightful and fun historical romance. Victoria Alexander's books are fantastic and funny with honorable heros and strong-willed heroines. Jack is a banker who lives in America with his mother and grandfather until he finds out that his father is alive and an Englishman, he is angry with his mother for deceiving him for 30 years and travels with his father to England to meet his new family.
Teddy is a beautiful strong-willed party planner who is
Jaci
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great adventure from Victoria Alexander. I have all her books and they are keepers. Jack and Teddy are great characters that think they know the way their lives are going until they meet each other. Victoria writing is witty, I laughed out loud a number of times. Her love scenes are very tasteful and sexy, not too graphic, which is good for me. Her plots are exciting, passionate and very well paced. This one has kind of a surprise ending which I really appreciated. Do not miss this book ...more
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Almost your typical historical romance. The end surprised me so not quite so typical. Good strong heroine.
Kim
Sep 07, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: giveaways
I am excited and grateful to be a goodreads winner. Thank you. :)
Lynnee Argabright
There was a lot more conversation than I would have wanted in this book, but overall it was an acceptable read, until the end. It was quite a chaste "romance" novel, way more focused on creating character identity than on arousal. The fake engagement premise plot was pretty dumb, but I suspended disbelief for the sake of the plot. The end of the book, however, unnecessarily reversed all of the character shaping that had been done and made the hero Jack uncharacteristically old-fashioned and the ...more
Lu
Candi
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventures

Another wonderful book in the Millworth family. I am highly entertained by the twists and turns of this family. A fun new member appears and fits in perfectly. With some very unexpected twists and turns....as usual love wind the day. Do take the time to read this, it does stand alone, but is so much more fun if you have first read "What Happens at Christmas" and the other books that follow , you will have a better understanding of the "players." Happy reading !
Lynne Tull
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the characters and their story, worth 3 stars. However, book seemed to be somewhat 'formulaic'. We have angry, argumentative heroine and a hero that loves angry, argumentative women. There is also someone who was dead, but not really. Of course, lots of filler so H/H could argue and make-up. Last but not least: one sex scene was worked in, needed or not. On to the next book in the series, which I am thinking is the last?
Linda Rae Sande
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Victoria Alexander's characters are always so much fun, with witty repartee and engaging relationships. This story has these in spades. Although I haven't read the other Millworth Manor books, it was easy to follow this Victorian romance.
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Guy finds out his father is still alive and he is the heir to a fortune.
Meets girl they pretend to be engaged and eventually fall in love.
mindless romance because sometimes you need to read mindless stuff.
Jackie
Lady Theodosia/Teddy Winslow and Mr. Jackson/Jack Channing share their ups and downs throughout this book but never do they fail to engage the reader so for me this 4th book did redeem the series as I hoped it could.

Carla
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a cute, fun romance with mild secrets and deceptions. The characters are a bit stubborn and argumentative as seems to occur in this series, but they are likeable overall and the story is full of the warmth of extended family.
SueDee McClelland
Good Read !

The story line was delightful. It was pretty much a page turner. However, it did have way too many pages of explicit sex. I much prefer a clever writer who can leave that to the reader’s imagination.
Dianne Lowe
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dpic
Aug 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Enjoyable fluff
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I love how Teddy (Theodesia) is a woman with great business acumen. I just wish she had a less manly sounding nickname.
Sybil Mcguire
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Repetitive. Some of this series are engrossing.
Kem
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting characters, wit, weird plot, a small amount of suspense. Not too much excitement until the last 200 pages. The late 1800's is not my favorite period for historical romance reading.
Louiseann Walter
TERRIFIC!

This book was amusing and comical. I laughed at all the antics of Teddy and Jack. And I really liked how they thought love and life was adventure.
Karen Darling
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: could-not-finish
A little dull.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 24, 2015 05:59PM

• Lady X's Cowboy
  • What the Bride Wore (Bridal Favors, #3)
  • The Earl I Adore (Prelude to a Kiss, #2)
  • When the Marquess Met His Match (An American Heiress in London, #1)
  • If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)
  • The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1; Company of Rogues, #5.5)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Duke (The Cavensham Heiresses #4)
  • The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4)
  • Captured Hearts: Five Favorite Love Stories
  • The Temptations of Anna Jacobs (Dangerous Liaisons, #2)
  • Wed to a Spy (All the Queen's Spies, #1)
  • A Bride for the Season (Love's Grace, #3)
  • Sylvan Mist (MacLomain, #3)
  • Silver Deceptions (Restoration, #2)
  • Already His (The Caversham Chronicles, #2)
  • Forever a Lady (The Rumor, #2)

New York Times bestselling author Victoria Alexander was an award winning television reporter until she discovered fiction was much more fun than real life. She turned to writing full time and is still shocked it worked out.

Since the publication of her first book in 1995,

Millworth Manor (5 books)
  • What Happens At Christmas (Millworth Manor, #1)
  • The Importance of Being Wicked (Wicked Family Secrets, #3; Millworth Manor, #2)
  • The Scandalous Adventures of the Sister of the Bride (Millworth Manor, #3)
  • The Daring Exploits of a Runaway Heiress (Millworth Manor, #5)