Start by marking “Fifteen Minutes” as Want to Read:
Fifteen Minutes

Fifteen Minutes

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  3,771 Ratings  ·  473 Reviews
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury, known for her “signature mix of melodrama, formula, and genuine emotional punch” (Publishers Weekly), a dramatic story about character, compromise, and the cost of having it all.

Zack Dylan has a dream. He wants to sing on the biggest stages, for the biggest crowds, and he’ll do whatever it takes to make it come
Published April 1st 2014 by Howard Books (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fifteen Minutes, please sign up.

Autumn A stalker tracks down Chandra on Facebook asking for money, and when she refuses the stalker says he will do something to her parents to get her…moreA stalker tracks down Chandra on Facebook asking for money, and when she refuses the stalker says he will do something to her parents to get her attention. Later that week, the stalker killed her parents. (less)

Cafelilybookreviews
For those of us who remember "cutting our teeth" so to speak on Karen's first books, there is a glaring difference between the quality of her writing, then and now.

I remember the days of Shades of Blue - Oceans Apart - Like Dandelion Dust. THOSE were Karen Kingsbury novels. Fans of the Baxter series? We all fell in love with Kari, Landon, Ashley, Luke (just to name a few!).

*Rabbit trail.....why hasn't Hallmark picked upon this series yet? Wouldn't this be a great television series similar to wha
Katee
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick, easy read. Karen Kingsbury's books are becoming increasingly formulaic in both style and theme. There is much over the top sappiness and the reader can tell that reality is not like a book. However, this book reads very quickly. Very similar to American Idol, The Voice, or the X Factor. I was upset that the main character Zack didn't have more backbone, but the book had an overarching theme that compromise is strong in the public arena. However, the plot and characters were too simple.
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
İkide birde Tanrı muhabbeti yaplması bir süre sonra yeter yahu dedirtse de Reese'in iki güzel söz ve özüre kanmayıp güçlü durması hatırına iki veriyorum.Klişe kadın karakterler gibi hemen affetseydi bir yıldız alırdı benden.
Dawn
Zack Dylan can sing and sing well. When he seizes an opportunity to audition for the hit show, Fifteen Minutes, he takes it. He is determined that he can win and save his family's horse farm. Despite misgivings from those who love him - his family and girlfriend - they do offer him their support. Zack is determined to live out his Christian faith in front of the cameras. But when the producers keep trying to push him towards another contestant and to silence his outspokenness of his faith, will ...more
Christian Fiction Addiction
With likable characters and heart-tugging scenes, Karen Kingsbury latest novel is sure to garner her new fans! I will admit that I have watched many a season of "American Idol" and Kingsbury does a great job at catching the excitement of such a show in her fictional "Fifteen Minutes" reality t.v. seires. Her writing brings the scenes to life such that I could perfectly picture the contestants and particularly Zack Dylan as he makes his way through the rounds of the competition. My heart was poun ...more
Connie
Jul 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first attempt at a Karen Kingsbury novel. I have to admit, that I've been so confident that I would absolutely love her that I have purchased over a half dozen of her novels in the past when I've seen them on sale. I was thrilled to be picked to receive an ARC of this one to review.

I have read some Christian fiction in the past. I admit, it's not my usual genre, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a great book. I have given a few my highest ratings in reviews, which I admit I am so
Sojourner
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
How do you handle your faith if it clashes with your ambition, or for that matter, if your ambition clashes with your faith? New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury seems to be posing this big question in her latest offering Fifteen Minutes, which takes a hard look at pop culture and its inherent physical and spiritual perils.

Zach Dylan is a young man with many loves in his life: his Christian faith, his family, his girlfriend Reese, his farm, his horses, and country music. He's leadin
Gabrielle
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Karen Kingsbury. I always will. There is just something about these books that I inordinately gravitate towards. And I always try to read each of her new releases before too much time elapses.

The story of Zach Dylan is one that is easily pictured. Reading it right around the time that a popular singing competition show is about to air makes the story of Fifteen Minutes all the more real. I found myself putting in names of actual judges and hosts, etc. Perhaps that is a downside--the plo
Gretchen
"Overnight, Zack is the nation’s most popular contestant, a country singer with the looks and voice of a young Elvis. As his star rises, Zack is asked to compromise and quiet his beliefs, and also something more. Just as America is falling in love with Zack, just as he’s on the verge of winning it all, his choices lead him to the brink of personal disaster.
At the same time, Reese Weatherly, a therapeutic horse instructor, is no longer sure about her relationship with Zack, or the wedding they ha
Sally
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading Karen Kingsbury since she began writing and I keep thinking I've "outgrown" her books. I think they are great for young adult women as well as young girls. However, having said that I don't seem to stop wanting to read them. They are sappy and sentimental, yet I can't stay away. I guess I really like them deep down, even though I don't consider myself sentimental and I'm definitely not in the "young" age category any more.

This book is no exception. I think since Karen's daug
Carolyn
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As published on my blog:
Hey, Folks!
I just concluded "Fifteen Minutes," the outstanding new work of fiction written by Karen Kingsbury, which was released late last month. As is often the case with this blog, Howard Books graciously provided me with a copy through www.netgalley.com, which is why you all get to see this review. As always, honesty is my policy.
I was excited to add my two cents about this title because it combines two of my favorite things: faith in Jesus and country music. The s
Beth Strand
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Fifteen Minutes” Explores the Real Cost of Fame
Zack Dylan can sing. He’s known it all his life and all his life he’s been content to make music for God and family. Now, the stakes have changed. His family is on the brink of losing the farm that’s been in the family for generations and Zack believes that using his talent to win the popular singing show, “15 Minutes” will solve all his problems. Chandra Olson is coming back to judge “15 Minutes” the show that made her a star…and stardom cost her
Gail Welborn
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
***a story of character, compromise, and the cost of having it all***

Fifteen Minutes, by Karen Kingsbury, the author Time Magazine dubbed "Queen of Christian fiction" exposes the high cost of fame when star-studded dreams become reality. The drama is set amidst the glamour, glitter and glitz of Fifteen Minutes of Fame, a show patterned after American Idol 2014 and "X Factor" 2013 Although elusive temptations may lead to fame they also lead to serious compromise, one seemingly small request at a
Carol Nicolas
Zack Dylan is a talented singer and songwriter who promises that nothing can change his devotion to God, family, and his girlfriend. But when he leaves his home on a Kentucky horse farm to compete on the reality TV show Fifteen Minutes, he has no idea how hard it will be to keep that promise. The tentacles of fame and success slowly wrap around him, trap him, and squeeze the life out of him until Zack faces personal disaster. His one champion is Chandra Olson, a diva pop star who is one of the s ...more
DeborahJean
I am always hesitant to read one of Karen Kingsbury's books that doesn't have The Baxter's in it, but she does NOT disappoint.

The Characters are very relate-able and the storyline keeps you interested.
Kate
Length: Unabridged; 12 hours 1 minute
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Published: October 29, 2013
Genres: Fiction; Christian Fiction

Visit my review/blog HERE!

My Rating: ✮✮✮✮

Synopsis:
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury comes a dramatic story about fame, true love, and the cost of having it all.

Kathleen (Kat) Smith
For anyone with a music talent, all they are longing for is just their 15 minutes of fame. A chance to prove to the world and themselves that they truly possess a talent that could possibly launch them into being the next big thing. That is just what Zack Dylan, a talented country music singer with the looks of Elvis, hopes to prove by auditioning for Fifteen Minutes, a music show much like The Voice or American Idol that could offer Zack the brass ring to fame. Believing that he does have what ...more
Sarita
I am a huge Karen Kingsbury fan. Only a few of her books I still need to read.

Fifteen minutes was again one of her well written books. The main character Zack, has a strong relationship with God and feels he should participate in 15 minutes, a singing competition, and strongly believes he will be able to shine his light to the world and be a testimony for God. He left his girlfriend, Reese behind. But then Zack is faced with some difficult decisions.

I liked the story line. How often are we face
Lois
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I used to get enthralled with a Karen Kingsbury novel. The plots and characters were believable, and I would be drawn in to their world for the few hours that I couldn't put the book down. I didn't read her last series because they were all about seeking fame and fortune. This one was independent (an apparent stand-alone title) so I read it for literary dessert, since I've been doing some heavy reading lately.

I've never watched American Idol, but this title seems to be a take-off on that co
Jonas Standley
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that I am reading is a great book and it is called Fifteen Minutes by Karen Kingsbury. It is about a young man Zack Dylan who wants to be used by God for greater things than just at his hometown on a Kentucky Horse Farm being a worship leader. He wants to help out his farm and his young sister A.J. who very sick with Down Syndrome. He wants to go and be on this popular T.V. show similar to American Idol called Fifteen Minutes; This show will allow him to get his music out there. He will ...more
Smorrow98
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
...
Zack left everything for fifteen minutes of fame in the book, Fifteen Minutes, written by Karen Kingsbury. America instantly falls in love with this amazing young singer, Christian boy aspiring to hold true to his values. However, when distractions start to come along, such as other girls, he loses his Christian stance and the reason why he came to compete on the singing reality show, Fifteen Minutes.
...
Zack, a young Elvis, competed on the show to win enough money to save the farm that has
Joy
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fame always comes with a price.

Karen Kingsbury's novel Fifteen Minutes pulls back the curtains to the struggles and hardships of what real-life celebrities go through and how striving to be famous can cost a person. Karen weaves a gripping tale of Zack Dylan, an ordinary country boy with a strong solid singing voice and the price he pays for fame by almost losing everyone and everything he cared about...including God.

Karen simply asks the question "What are you willing to sacrifice for fame?"

The
Nikolia
I've read almost all of Karen Kingsbury's books and this was such a huge disappointment. The writing was terrible, I can't deal with the "cliffhanger" sentences anymore, and I didn't connect with any of the characters. One thing I did like about this book was that it didn't end like I expected it to.

Kingsbury's books used to leave me in tears and enhance my relationship with God, but this book just seemed shallow - including the way the characters' faith is described. There was even a line that
Beckie
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tory Hunz
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I often confuse liking the *idea* of a book with liking the book, and that is what happened with this book. The concept is intriguing: how people change when they achieve their fifteen minutes of fame. The story is not exceptional, but I did enjoy going through the journey through the POV of the various characters in the story.
Marnie
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Schmaltzy.
The characters were too extreme - Zack is just soooo good-looking (he looks like Elvis... which was mentioned over and over again) and his girlfriend Reese is the epitome of perfection (no one is that perfect. No one.) and Chandra's back-story is soooo heart-breaking (her parents... seriously). Ugh. Too much to take.
Lou
This is story is good. Really good. But honestly is not for me. I wish I could say I enjoyed it but I cannot lie, specially when it took me too long to read it.
Maybe I'll be reading another Karen Kingsbury book in the future but I'll make sure I like the plot first and not buy it just because it was five dollars in Barnes and Noble.
Mariah
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isis
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians, young adults, music lovers
I'd like to thank Howard Books for granting me the chance to read this book in exchange or an honest review. The fact that I received the book for free in no way influenced my review.

Jacket blurb:
Zack Dylan made a promise to God and his college sweetheart as he left his family’s horse farm in Kentucky to compete on the popular reality television show Fifteen Minutes: If he makes it, the fame won’t change him.

• The House that Love Built
  • Baron of Emberly (The Feud, #2)
  • The Secret Keeper (Home to Hickory Hollow #4)
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles #1)
  • What Once Was Lost
  • The Living Room
  • Stuck Together (Trouble in Texas, #3)
  • My Stubborn Heart
  • A March Bride (A Year of Weddings, #4)
  • The Miner's Lady (Land of Shining Water #3)
  • KewlBites
  • Holding a Tender Heart (Beiler Sisters, #1)
  • A Shining Light (Home to Amana #3)
  • The Christmas Singing (Apple Ridge #2)
  • Unlimited
  • Paper Angels
  • Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2)
  • Christmas in Sugarcreek (Seasons of Sugarcreek)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

“God doesn’t measure big the way people measure big. Jesus had just twelve followers.” He blinked a few times. “Fame is a demanding mistress.” 5 likes
“Sometimes God’s voice is hard to hear over the world.” 4 likes