Start by marking “The Flesh Cartel #18: The Long Road” as Want to Read:
The Flesh Cartel #18: The Long Road

The Flesh Cartel #18: The Long Road

(The Flesh Cartel #18)

In the exciting final season of the Flesh Cartel . . .

With the help of the FBI, Mat Carmichael has let himself be re-taken by the Flesh Cartel. Objective? Rescue his brother, exact revenge, and destroy the entire organization from the inside.

FBI Special Agent Nate Johnson will be playing backup, of course, but to get Dougie out alive, Mat will need to make sure his brother
Published July 7th 2014 by Riptide Publishing (first published July 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Flesh Cartel #18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flesh Cartel #18

Shile
Damn! this was a difficult one.

-Doug is a douche, i wanted to smack him so hard for being such a dick to his brother Mat, then i remembered the hell and brainwashing he had been through and felt sorry for him. Doug doesn't know how to survive without a master, since Nikolai is no more, so he goes looking for a master and damn! the results are brutal and so hurting.

-Mat is still Mat, the one who tries to hold it together, good thing he has Nate now to lean on.

Full RTC after book 19.

description
Martin
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This installment is absolutely breathtaking! It makes perfect sense too! Even after escaping their ordeal, both Mat and Dougie are unable to find back to their old life, despite the therapy.

While Mat finds strength in his soon-to-be boyfriend Nate, Dougie feels left out and tries to find purpose in the things he knows best, hurting himself over and over again by letting abusive men take advantage of him - very much to poor Mat's horror.

description

This installment has some of the most powerful scenes betwee
Lucy
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing

In this series I often questioned whether Dougie....ahem Doug....could be redeemed and I got my answer in this installment. The answer is yes, Doug is finally on his way to redemption. The last few pages of this novella gutted me....so bittersweet and beautiful. I teared up at the end, Doug and Mat are finding their way again so suck on that Nikolai! Speaking of Nikolai (view spoiler)
Cory
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aw Dougie....I feel so bad for you...but I think there might be a light showing at the end of the tunnel. Poor Roger!
A Girl Has No Name
4 stars!

Close to the end of the series, this book is exactely what the title says - The Long Road. Both, Mat and Doug have a difficult path in front of them in order to recover from the terrible ordeal they had to go through.

While Mat has Nate on his side, Doug feels completely lost. He has difficulties figuring out who he is and what he wants. It was easy to read about Doug's decisions and I was definitly suffering with him. But I was also feeling heartbroken for Mat who can't do much apart fr
Elena
5 oh-so-emotional stars!!!

It should be all OK now, it should be all rainbows and unicorns and one new shiny happy family for Mat and Doug, right? Now that all the Cartel members are in custody, it should be all nice and easy...

Well, it isn't!

Doug can't find his place in life. He still doesn't know what to believe and what to do with himself and his newly-found freedom. He feels uncomfortable in the new city and, most of all, he feels uncomfortable with Mat... On the one hand, he wants to cl
Kristie
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I knew this would become more difficult before it got better. I did. But, wow... This was so hard to take. There are some very tender moments, loving and kind. There are also some horrible things, stuff that probably needed to happen for these guys to begin to move on with their lives. That didn't make it any easier to get to the end. Mat and Dougie are the strongest, most brave and resilient brothers I've ever read. I really can't believe there is only one more episode left to go.

One little no
Therese
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for the sheer range of emotions I went through in only 56 pages…

(view spoiler)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorty, dmc, ebook, bgirls, mm

A review by The Blogger Girls.

At this point in the game, there really isn’t that much more than can be said about how these are written. If you’ve made it this far, you are, like me, riveted to see these boys through to the very end. Surely, that says enough about the writing in this tale. It is a tight, well put together product.

As for the story, being the next to last book, almost seems like the calm before the storm. After all, the big finale is coming up. The story still moves along a bit, w
Elaine
Shelves: m-m
4.5 Brotherly Love Stars

Mat and Nate try so hard to deal with their feelings for each other whilst they wait for the trial to finish.

Under witness protection, Doug now being called Sam is finding it harder to deal with the aftermath of his ordeal.

Resentful and confused he starts to wander into gay bars and clubs leading him into dangerous situations.

Will a chance meeting with a certain person and news of Roger finally be enough to bring Doug back to Mat and so they can move on with their life a
Debra
In this penultimate episode of the series, Doug is spiraling dangerously out of control and taking out his frustrations against Mat. Mat and Nate are trying to work out their relationship in light of the upcoming trial and Nate's uncertainty about what Mat wants and needs.

This episode was emotionally draining. Focusing mostly on what is going through Doug's mind as he tries to work through Nikolai's brainwashing, it was hard to read the toll Doug's self-destructive behavior was taking on both hi
Jill
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: taboo-kinky, m-m, dark
3.75 Stars
♥J ♥
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, favorites
That was absolutely brilliant. So much emotion, so much pain, so... I am almost speechless. This series is really coming to a close now and the way these authors have handled the change from what started out as a car wreck that you couldn't look away from (because it was soo dark, not because it was bad) to the closure end of the story is perfect. I don't know how they have managed to master these emotions from one spectrum to the complete opposite. These boys have been through so much.
One book
Chappy
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now living in their own apartment, Mat and Doug are trying to settle in. Mat does make some progress with Nate...which I'm ecstatic about ;D

Doug, however, takes a few steps back and tries to find solace in "serving" again. This is a bad move that has dire consequences.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆ by: BTina
It's so good to see Dougie starting to make progress. He's finally realizing that he needs to find himself, even if he doesn't know who that is yet.

Only 1 more episode to go...NOOOOOO! I could follow these boys around for years.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Lord dougie is killing me
Dreamer
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Doug, fighting the demons in his head, rebels against his brother and visits the local Baltimore leather clubs. Meanwhile Mat finds comfort in the arms of Agent Nate Johnson.
'Like Dobby's sock, underwear meant only one thing: freedom. He was free. He was Doug now, not Douglas. Hadn't had to remind himself of that in at least a week, but then, today was the first day he'd been outside the group home. New apartment. New identity. Baltimore. With Mat.'
Menna
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
that was emotional and hopful.....I can't believe that doug finally made me sympathize with him....

I know they still have a long road to go but I'm so happy with this hopful emotional start for both of them,
I long to feel the connection they had at the beginning of this amazing series.

finally,however, I'm really happy about all that happening but I can't help feeling sad as it's almost over!
Em
Poor Dougie, this instalment was just so sad, what with the news about Roger and everything. I'm ready for the final book and it does at last feel like there may be an okay ending in sight!
Ricardo
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Heh, I find it interesting that as I get closer to the end, as excited as I am about watching everything come to a resolution, I’m noticing all the cracks in the foundation. As dramatic and touching as Doug/Sam’s turnaround may have been, the overnight change was not something I found realistic or even probable. For the first time, I also found Matt’s character annoying because he was acting like an overbearing parent treating Doug like a child when in reality he was an adult. Maybe a completely ...more
Sara
***Note: The last reviews for this series will be brief. There is so much in this last season that cannot be talked about without spoiling and I refuse to do that. Just know, for me, this journey with Mat and Dougie – as hard as it was at times and yes including the ones where I thought I wouldn’t make it – were worth it. It was all worth it.

The Long Road… it sure is. Dougie and Mat. Mat and Dougie. Mat and Nate. Nate and Mat. They have all been through so much and the ride is not over. I have
Lilli *slowest reader ever*
4,5 stars

In this episode Doug and the demons in his head are once again in the spotlight. I’m glad the focus is not entirely on Mat as the supposed strong, perfect hero-character. He is and he’s not. He is in over his head, too, traumatized and not at all equipped to handle Doug who, compared to Mat, has lost so much more in their terrible ordeal.

I appreciate it very much that the authors pull no punches here when describing the often ugly aftermath of what Mat and especially Doug have been thr
Sue bowdley
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Poor Doug is finding it really really hard to get himself back together and who can blame him....He's been through hell and he still sees himself as a slave sometimes....wants to be a good boy so he rebels against Mat and starts going to leather bars....Six men Doug come on have some respect for yourself please.....He finally meets a Domme who refuses to play with him but does talk to him but after a near bad experience in an alley and a run in with Mat he's at the end of his tether till he brow ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Yes, I'm happy and finally after wanting to slap some insight into Doug I'm even gaining confidence in him. I don't ever remember being more rabid about a book or series but we - the readers - have gone to hell and back with these men and we earn proper closure.
Fist pump for Mat!!!
Tina
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh Roger... my heart is bleeding for you! On to the last episode...

Full review to come with the last episode.
Jaime
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed under a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 5 - The Flesh Cartel

5 deviant, depraved, sadistic, mind-fuckery Stars!!

Check the warnings - 8/10 on Darkeness Scale

Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibooks
Joana
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm going to be honest. I had totally given up on Dougie. I couldn't care anymore. I've been fighting myself into not hating him basically since the beginning but I was trying because I know I would have been unfair but I couldn't handle him anymore.

It was the last drop. Done. Done so done with him. Not just because all the shit he was doing but mostly because of his selfishness and self pity. And the major reason for all, the acts and all the thoughts and words and all the shitty things he

• Breakdown (Don't..., #3)
  • Better the Devil You Know
  • Fallout
  • Stealing Innocents
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Sacrifices: Kingdom of Ara: Episode Four (New Haven #19)
  • Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than the Sun, #2)
  • Forgive Us (Deliver Us, #3)
  • Father Figure
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Pride (The Copper Horse, #2)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Schadenfreude
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.

The Flesh Cartel (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Capture (The Flesh Cartel #1)
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses
  • The Flesh Cartel #6: Brotherhood
  • Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel #7:)
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors
  • False Gods (The Flesh Cartel #10)