Start by marking “The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club” as Want to Read:
The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club

Read Excerpt

The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club

"The choices you make from this day forward will lead you, step by step, to the future you deserve."

Read it, recommend it to friends - just make sure you keep it hidden from your competition.

In the heart of Victorian London - on a small three legged table, locked away in a circular room deep within the walls of the most elite and important private gentleman’s club of them
Paperback, UK Edition, 150 pages
Published January 21st 2014 by CompletelyNovel (first published January 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club

Omar Halabieh
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club retells the story of a young man, Simeon, who's uncle Barnabas Kreuz, sponsors him into an establishment - The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club - that involves him undertaking an apprenticeship program. This program is based on seven core rules, that the book goes on to share with us, that are key to succeed not only in sales, but in life in general.

The first rule: "Adopt the positive...If you wish to adopt the positive you must learn how you truly h
Emma Bull
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
***RECEIVED FROM FIRST READS GIVEAWAY***

What I loved about this book was that the author - who is a speaker and sales training coach - has opted to give advice on becoming a successful salesman not by preaching a boring how to book, but by creating a story of an uncle guiding his nephew in becoming a salesman. I understood the qualities needed, and although I am not a salesperson (unless you count reviewing on Goodreads!), I learned how to become a better person, how to communicate to other peop
Valerie
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Set in Victorian England, Simeon receives an intriguing offer from his uncle to join the Extremely Successful Salesman's Club, a secret society of wealthy and influential men. The book chronicles the week of induction into the club and the training his uncle Barnabas gives him on the Seven Rules of the group, as the uncle begins to reshape his nephew's mindset on business, sales, and success. The pair tour London in search of clues to a puzzle, and discover hidden knowledge in ancient texts.

The
Lee Salz
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The “Extremely Successful Salesman’s Club” presents a compelling story of an elite group of business professionals that began meeting in 1843 and developed seven critical rules. These rules, as presented by Chris Murray, are told in such a captivating way that I could not put this book down. Each of the seven critical rules is enveloped in stories that make this book truly enjoyable.

However, “enjoyment” isn’t the reason to buy this book. Those seven rules guide salespeople – novices and veteran
Marsha
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book through first reads.

I wasn't expecting this book to be written as a fictionalized diary of sorts. It really helped to keep the subject matter from being dry and difficult to read. The seven essential points that were laid out were well done and interesting, to say the least. I also enjoyed the manner in which this author wrote. It flowed along nicely.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Nicola James
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club by Chris Murray

On the surface this is a manual to teach you how to sell effectively and improve your life. But it is presented in a humorous and very clever fictionalised "Victorian" series of diary entries. Neither of these descriptions do it justice. Very easy to read but makes you think.
Kate
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club on Goodreads. I loved this book! Most business books tend to be a little dry, but this book incorporated an innovative method of story telling that aided the reader in understanding sales theory. I think this book would appeal to people who love Spencer Johnson books.(less)
Katie Harder-schauer
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting way to present the seven keys to success. Rather than reading like a boring how-to manual, it comes across like a story, adding to it's appeal. However, I am now sick of the the phrase, "Quite so. Quite right."

I'm not sure that this book will actually help me achieve my goals, I'm not really in sales, and I'm not really sure I have the determination to put these ideas into practice...but while reading I did want to put the book down and open the file for a story I starte
Elizabeth Watters
I received this book through Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.

What a wonderful, delightfully quick read! This was so easy to get into that I just flew through the pages. An intriguing concept with plenty of laugh-out-loud humour for good measure.

I am far from a salesman, but I learnt so much from this book that I know I can definitely apply in my own life and career, and I believe everyone will find the same.

This is definitely one of my favourite books and I cannot wait for the sequel.
Katrina Knittle
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Win! Will read and review once received!

I entered this for a friend but decided to read it before handing it over to her. I am so happy I did. i really enjoyed this book. The cover seems a little plane but it sort of catches my eye everytime I look at it. I thought the seven rules were quite interesting and pretty true. I will gladly recommend this book to others to read. I plan to keep an eye out for more books from this author.
Jeanette
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-readers
I have had this book for some time, which I won in the Goodreads Giveaway. A quick and easy book to read with plenty of tips. I shall be passing this book onto my son-in-law who I know will enjoy this book.
Meryan
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was informative,instructive and a good read.It involved knowing what the job of a salsesman is.Someone showing someone else the secerts on how to be a successful salesman.It's gives you things you can use in your own life.
Jaime
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great common sense advice couched in a sweet story about a salesman club - you don't have to be a sales person to use & appreciate the smart words housed here.
Breanna Pollard
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads***

the book is great and I loved the topic!
Ann-Marie Jeffrey
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well written and enjoyable to read. Really good idea to write a work of fiction incorporating sales tips and techniques. Will certainly recommend it.
Jeroen
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vlot leesbaar boek over sales en de onderliggende noodzakelijke karaktertrekken en eigenschappen die een goede verkoper moet hebben. Een soort van geromantiseerde (of moet ik zeggen ge-roman-iseerde) coaching sessie geplaatst in het kader van een fluks en bedrijvig Londen van de 19e eeuw.

We volgen de 21-jarige Simeon die door zijn Oom Barnabas geïntroduceerd wordt bij de geheimzinnige "Extremely Successful Salesman's Club". Het boek bespreekt de introductieweek, een vereiste stap om als nieuwel
Neil Den Bakker
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is brilliant. It’s an easy and enjoyable read, which is filled with great insight. It’s written in story form, which paints a picture and makes it easier to retain and recall the lessons.

My parents came to visit me from South Africa, and I recommended this book to my dad (he works in sales), he loved it so much, he asked if he could take it home with him. I allowed him, and now I’ve been told my mom has read it too, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I ordered another copy, but now my girlfrien
Gillie Bray
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to give an overview of the contents of this book - it's worth reading for yourself if you are in business, work for a charity or are in any position where a thorough understanding of what selling is really all about.

I have already bought several copies for clients (I am a sales trainer/coach myself). What Chris explains so eloquently and in an interesting fashion is how to establish the character, rather than personality, of an extremely successful salesperson.

He absolutely hits t
Elena Bozic
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, novel
This was less of a novel, and more of a guide on how to be successful as a businessman, and life in extension. While some of the tips are helpful, this is still not a highly well written piece of work.
If you're looking for a good novel read something else. If you're looking for tips on how to achieve your goals in life this is the book for you.
heather
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-... a book with a protagonist with you're profession
Laurent Dubois
  • No B.S. Wealth Attraction In The New Economy
  • Get Wise: Make Great Decisions Every Day
  • Grit: The New Science of What it Takes to Persevere, Flourish, Succeed
  • Finding Success: Get What You Really Want
  • Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.
  • A Leader's Gift: How to Earn the Right to Be Followed
  • The Chinese Secrets for Success
  • What Do You Want to Create Today?: Build the Life You Want at Work
  • 101 Strategic, Job Search Marketing Steps: The Helpful Checklist-Guide to All Things Considered Workforce Readiness and Social Media Smart
  • Happy on Purpose
  • Rolanda's Journal
  • Disciplined Entrepreneurship
  • Strategize to Win: The New Way to Start Out, Step Up, or Start Over in Your Career
  • Something Has To Change: Little Change - Big Results
  • Reinvent Yourself: Great Coaches Talk about Starting Over
  • Secret to Startup Failure: Fail Fast. Fail Cheap. Fail Happy.
  • Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Life
Chris Murray is founder and Managing Director of the Varda Kreuz Training Group and has become prominent as an inspirational speaker, author and business coach; delivering training workshops and keynote speeches that challenge teams to re-examine what it means to be ‘in sales’ and requiring them to stand back and view the whole experience from a refreshingly different angle.

His books include The E
“Listen to people from your heart, as if your life depended on it, and you will find that in turn people will listen to you with all of theirs.” 16 likes
“The choices you make from this day forward will lead you, step by step, to the future you deserve.” 12 likes