Start by marking “Blessings for the Morning: Prayerful Encouragement to Begin Your Day” as Want to Read:

A Blessing a Day from Popular Author and Radio Host

Published October 7th 2014 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 30th 2014)

Start your review of Blessings for the Morning: Prayerful Encouragement to Begin Your Day
classic reverie
My family and religion have taken many different paths but the belief in God has been strong in both my parents. I have struggled with faith throughout life, I was raised Catholic and having God in my life has become something necessary now, whereas when I was younger I had lost my faith and belief. My mother used to read daily prayers but I was never in the habit. I started this book after my mom's death and I was looking to add a daily devotional to my life. A friend recommended this book, so ...more
Candy
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely devotional to begin your day! I love the hopeful messages. A great uplift first thing in the morning.
Create With Joy
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Are you looking for a positive way to start each day?

If so, consider incorporating a reading from Susie Larsons Blessings For The Morning Prayerful Encouragement To Begin Your Day into your daily routine!

Susies new book, Blessings For The Morning, is filled with hand-picked Scriptures and words of blessing and encouragement, against a backdrop of gorgeous, full-color photographs, that will infuse you with the courage and inspiration to face even the most challenging of days!

This beautiful
Shelley Lawrence
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, non-fiction
Lovely, easy-to-read, solid, encouraging promises of God for the day.
Kelly
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Getting to start each day with the encouragement that God fervently loves me and is working in and thru me all the time truly changes the way I approach life and all that comes my way. Thank you, Susie Larson, for being God's voice to me so very often. I strongly recommend this book for anyone looking to put feet to your good intentions of following Jesus and loving others well. And for those dealing with depression, God used this book to keep my head above water during my darkest days. Knowing ...more
Carol Brown
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this.

Daily encouragement. My one complaint is that they are not dated so I works simply read one a day. Turns out when you get to the end its all about Christmas and ends with the start of a new year. Dont remember how many there are but maybe this was meant to be read from the start of the year. Still enjoyed this.
Josie✨
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truly a blessing for the morning to read. ✨
Cathy
When I came to the end of this book, I wished there were more. This gift from my youngest sister had beautiful pictures, scripture, and what I originally thought were devotions and then prayers, but they are actually the author blessing the reader. They read very much like prayers for someone, but the pronoun "you" refers to the reader, not God. I could almost imagine many of these being inside encouragement-style greeting cards, between the beautiful pictures and the blessings.

I loved the first
Laura (Book Scrounger)
Blessings for the Morning: Prayerful Encouragement to Begin Your Day, by Susie Larson, is a little book of blessings that can be read in the morning to spiritually jump-start your day. The book is arranged with a blessing and a scripture quotation on each double page. Each of these has a header sentence that introduces the theme, such as "Wisdom to guard and guide," and "Forgiveness and mercy," etc.

What I liked about this book:

Presentation-wise, this is a gorgeous book. The cover is padded, the
Jalynn Patterson
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

About the Book:

A Blessing a Day from Popular Author and Radio Host
This beautiful devotional gift book is for readers who want to start their day with a reminder of God's love and purpose for them. So often we wake up worried about our to-do lists and responsibilities and need a reminder of how God feels about us and who we are in him. Several years ago Susie began posting daily blessings on Facebook, and since then thousands
Victoria W.
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Right out of the box I knew Susie had put together something exceedingly helpful for those, like me, in a busy stage of life.
Blessings offers a sturdy, smaller size perfect for storing by bedsides, by favourite chairs, or in purses where it can be easily accessed in the morning. There is even a ribbon bookmark to help the more distracted (like me) find my place the next day!

The material itself is beautifully presented with photo-based backgrounds that, I find, consistently draw me in, often
C.E. Hart
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: devotional
Hes writing a story, arranging circumstances, moving in the hearts of people specifically for you. He loves you that much. (pg. 127)

If you enjoy biblical trinkets, devotionals, or inspiring memes, Blessings for the Morning, overflowing with blessings, is a lovely match.

Upon reading the devotions the hymn Fill my cup, Lord (chorus below) came to mindan appropriate way, in my opinion, to demonstrate the theme of this book.

Fill my cup, Lord
I lift it up, Lord
Come and quench this thirsting of my
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: walk-of-faith
Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: All Ages

Are their times during your day that you could just use a little pick-me up? I find that I have few of those each day. How quick I am to go for the tea (since I am not a coffee person) or something else. Yes, I am very slow to learn that what I really need is not found in a cup, but within the pages of a book. This gorgeous little devotional helps remind me.

Each page of this little book is just lovely. The pictures are stunning and the script
Mar 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Blessings for the Morning by Susie Larson is the latest book that I'm reviewing for Bethany Publishing House.

The book has a lovely cover and at first glance the messages are short and sweet, very much a pep talk for your soul. The serene pictures for each day can add to the emotional experience, helping women to feel encouraged, at peace, and calm.

At second glace, the book is a full of therapeutic moralistic deism. There is very little about Christ and nothing about what He has done for us. Even
Katrina Epperson
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not just a wonderful book, but it will give you something in return.

BLESSINGS!

I connected with Susie Larson through Facebook and I am one of the thousands that look for her blessings every day. At first I only shared to my page for myself to go back and reread and reflect on, but suddenly all my friends were making comments and thanking me for posting them. When this book was released I knew it was one I would buy. She brings a special message each day that is both uplifting and
Michelle
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has really been wonderful! This is one of those small "gifty" type books with positive verses. But this book in particular is something I have been reading every morning. I like reading something before going to work and it's nice because this book picks a verse for me and also gives me a few words from the author. This book gets my day started and I have really enjoyed reading it. I think Susie writes well and is very encouraging. The pictures are always good and the teacup on the ...more
Tima
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Start each day with a blessing from God's word. Each page is set with a beautiful photograph and then encouraging words are watermarked on top. The left side of the page has a scripture that ties in with the devotional on the right side. Each devotional is designed for encouragement, peace, and inspiration.

This is a gorgeous book, from front to back. The photographs are beautiful and peaceful. Each devotion is thought provoking and powerful. I looked forward to reading one each morning. This
Noel Wallace
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Lovely little book with little words that contain big truths. It is a great reminder of God's faithfulness at the start of the day! These truths easily resonate with anyone and will carry you through the day:) I loved the amazing photography in the book as well! This is definitely a book that I will go back to time and time again when I need reminders of God's faithfulness in the midst of my problems.
Christina
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. This is a cute little devotional that I will reference often. I really like the thoughts that go along with the bible passages. As someone who didn't grow up in the church, some devotionals are just too much for me. This one is just my style. I think it would make a great gift for friends and family.
Michelle
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely beautiful! While reading it you will also enjoy the pictures. I am now reading it again, one each morning. The written word and pictures feed my inner self. Well worth owning.
Jessie Cumpson
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a awesome book. You read verses each day. It is so uplifting. It is awesome everyone needs to own this book.
Marissa
I love this book
Claire
Dec 03, 2016 added it
I love this little devotional. I have read it several times and just keep starting it over.
Christine
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This gem has been sitting by my bedside and has given me much inspiration and often peace on most days often at times most unexpected. Well worth keeping nearby.
Julie Flanagan
Apr 21, 2017
Pam Howell
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Susie's blessings not just touch my soul, they quicken it. She draws me closer to God the Father and inspires to live for Him.
Lino Estipona
Oct 25, 2014
Michelle Cox
Jun 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tall, Dark and Irresistible (Tall, Dark and Sexy, #2)
  • Rescued (McKenzie Ridge, #1)
  • A Lindstrom Christmas: Two Small-Town Holiday Romances (The Lindstroms, #1-2)
  • One Hot Holiday (Wilde Ways, #5.5)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)
  • Man With No Face (Ben Blue Book 16)
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • and Cain Smiled (Shad Cain Book 10)
  • Agular (Shad Cain Book 9)
  • Lincoln Poe: U. S. Marshal
  • 9 Days and 9 Nights
  • Nash Cline: A Western
  • Dora Mae Puckett
  • Texas Paladin, Death Wish
  • Healing the Soul of a Woman: How to Overcome Your Emotional Wounds
  • The Irish Cowboy
  • 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do: Take Back Your Power, Embrace Change, Face Your Fears, and Train Your Brain for Happiness and Success
Susie Larson hosts a daily radio talk show that airs across the upper Midwest and contributes a weekly feature heard nationally on Moody Radio. Active in local ministry as well as International Justice Mission, she has authored six previous books and been a guest on national TV and radio programs, including Focus on the Family. Susie and her husband, Kevin, have three adult sons and live near ...more

News & Interviews

“May you refuse to be bullied by your fears or diminished by your insecurities.” 4 likes
“May you—in spite of your critics—move forward in faith. May God’s song over your life drown out every lesser voice. May you look up and rejoice because heaven rejoices over you. Remember who you are today! In Christ Jesus you possess all you need. Your name is written on His hand. Your desires are especially close to His heart. His call on your life fits you perfectly. Be watchful and thankful today Jesus is with you.” 2 likes