Start by marking “Kids These Days (Stories from Luna East Arts Academy Vol. 1)” as Want to Read:
Kids These Days (Stories from Luna East Arts Academy Vol. 1)

Kids These Days (Stories from Luna East Arts Academy Vol. 1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The stories from LUNA EAST ARTS ACADEMY are about love. And also, friends, food, kissing, rumors, mean people, insecurities, birthdays, breakups, making up. We set it in an arts academy because we wanted everyone to have a talent, and know it. Because no one is ordinary, if you know them well enough.

Who are you, at LUNA EAST? Are you a popular kid, a wallflower, a drama c
Published February 8th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Kids These Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids These Days

Miel Salva
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The concept of creating a single universe for this compilation is amazing. Authors of the different short stories in this anthology had the option for their characters (who are all students in Luna Arts Academy) to interact or not too.

It was nostalgic to read through the different works in this book. It makes me miss my high school days. Personally, I could relate to some (anime, rumors, finding a secret place), while the others were truly enlightening.

Overall, it is a well-done compilation by p
Kai
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review, teens
Review posted at Amaterasu Reads

I always get nostalgic whenever I read stories about high school, given that it was such a fun time of my life. And the collection of stories in Luna East Academy brought out a lot of warm, fuzzy feelings in me while I was reading. There really is a story for anyone and everyone who've ever been through the good and the bad times, the crazy ups and downs and the confusing, exhilirating time that was High School.

Short but meaningful, each of the stories will bring
Tina
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
It all started at a #romanceclass meet-up, when Mina mentioned that she dreamed of writing a Sweet Valley-esque type of series, but set in the Philippines. Everyone who attended that class had read Sweet Valley at some point in their lives, so it was a pretty exciting idea. We all started chattering excitedly about it, like where the school would be and the activities, and started calling dibs on characters in the school - the jock, the teachers, and the like. Stories started getting written ove ...more
Haeja
When I first heard about the Luna East Arts Academy anthology, I was super excited. I felt like it was a Sweet Valley book all over again--but this time, taking place in the Philippines AND each story is written by a Filipino. I thought maybe I could relate to the stories more. Also, maybe I wouldn't feel so envious that I wasn't, you know, blonde, blue-eyed, and can eat anything and still maintain that sun-kissed slim bod that the Wakefield twins flaunt in our fatty faces.

Well, I was right...an
Rikki Allessandra
Well, looks like I finally have a verdict: I did not like this anthology of YA short stories at all. Which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to reading — and liking — this book. Not just because it's a Philippine YA book — and it's the second Philippine collection of YA stories that I read, after Bagets — but also because it promises so many fluffy and cute stories, which I'm actually craving right now since I'm drowning in so many academic responsibilities that I need a breather. ...more
Alyssa
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
I was hit by memories reminiscent from my high school days (it feels like its yesterday to me) when I read this anthology. All those tears, laughter, heartbreak, swoony moments (with your crushes), and many other memorable moments that I’ve experienced during my high school days flooded back into my mind. I was like looking into a big screen while it played those scenes.

My mind didn’t register the words I read at first but eventually, I get the hang of it. Some of the stories were cheesy but it’
Josephine
I think that the underlying concept of Luna East is brilliant. And so are the stories itself in this volume, mind you. I liked how the stories are interrelated even if the there are various authors.

I enjoyed reading the collection because it made me remember my own high school days. That first crush, the CAT thingy, the various club activities… etc. Even the booze, LOL. Nope, I didn’t drink even if my classmates did (I only actually went once, and only because it happened right where I was stay
Iris
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: godawful, romance, teen, pinoy
I bought this book out of impulse after seeing that it was written by Filipino authors and set in an art school. (I've been wanting to read more local works, and I found that an art high school is a pretty unique concept.) I decided to buy it upon skimming through positive reviews here on Goodreads, and I was hoping that the stories would live up to my expectations. However, I was disappointed to find that I could not relate to most of the stories despite being a high school student myself.

Perh
Cassandra Javier
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Luna East Arts Academy, a place where your teenage fantasies are released, and where you can find yourself—or find people who can help you get to know yourself even more.

Luna East is a collection of short stories from today’s talented bunch of Filipino Authors. It’s a sneak peek about the lives of the students of Luna East Arts Academy, a fictional school where a lot of magic happens.

From childhood sweethearts, to love at first sight; to Cadet Training memories; teenagers trying to go
Sandi T.
Biena (The Library Mistress)
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
If you know me too well, you'd wonder why I rated it a star shy from a perfect five. I hate anthologies. It just tires me out. This one is different though. It is a break from all the melancholic anthologies I've been reading and that's the reason why I like the concept of Luna East, because it's fresh and light. Something you can read when you're blue or you just want something to pick you up and make you smile. Most of the stories will instantly transport you back to your teenage years. Those ...more
Ailla Magcamit
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Loved loved loved it!

There was never a boring story and everything was beautifully written. Luna East kind of reminds me of Sweet Valley (childhood!) I loved how the stories were interrelated and how the authors were careful in making sure that chronology was followed.

I can't wait for more Luna East stories (hmm...maybe I'll write one someday? :) ) cheers!

Five stars!
Sep 25, 2016
Gemstomes
Dec 28, 2017
Y.K.
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
J.V. Mariano
Sep 24, 2015
Amae Dechavez
Aug 10, 2017
Lynai
Feb 02, 2014
Addie Co
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
kate heather
Sep 23, 2014
Charlie
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mikki Eugenio
Czarina Alyza
May 23, 2016
Adrianne Claudette
Jan 31, 2014
When not obsessing over fictional people doing fictional things, Chrissie obsesses about food: the eating, the cooking, and the procuring of it.

An advertising copywriter in her past life, she now spends most of her time writing, taking photos, cooking, and babysitting a tiny human and a curly-haired dog. She still plays with dolls and she thinks that bacon is the answer.