Start by marking “My Bloody Valentine” as Want to Read:
My Bloody Valentine

My Bloody Valentine

(Topless Club #2)

Curl up with this delightfully dangerous collection of short stories, aimed at making the heart grow colder...

Tiffinie Helmer - Heartless (Topless Club #2)

Love sometimes requires restraints

Roxie Scott is moonlighting as a dominatrix, trying to survive the financial cost of her divorce. Wearing leather and swinging a whip turned out to be more therapeutic than

ebook, 1st Edition
Published February 10th 2014 (first published February 9th 2014)

Start your review of My Bloody Valentine
Debra
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This box set is a great way to discover authors at a great price. Definitely worth checking out. Read eight different stories from eight great authors. Out of all these books, I'm sure you'll find a story or two that will keep you reading long into the night. I've read a few books from a couple of these authors and I've never been let down yet. And now I've discovered even more authors to enjoy!
Hayley Stone
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Since this is an anthology, I decided I'd rate all of the stories independently of one another. In an effort to give as honest a review as possible, I tried to be clear and concise about what I did and didn't like. Disclaimer: I am a tough reader.

HEARTLESS (4.5 stars): Tied with Unforgiven for my favorite story in the anthology, and a great choice to begin the collection. I liked the premise, which could easily have been mishandled, but wasn't. The writing was solid, the pacing good, and I found
Anima
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I received an ARC of this bundle from Tiffinie Helmer for an honest review.

Heartless: I'm a big fan of Tiffinie's writing, got hooked on Moosed Up and have read every book since. This wasn't any different, instead of Alaska we have small town America. Sexy dominatrix, old high school flame, and a couple of murders. Add some sexual tension and a Room of Doom and it's ON! Quick read only about 50 pages.

Tantabrobus: Very unique ghost story. Blind professor and newspaper editor lead a group of grad
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 3 1/2 Over all

As these are all short stories my review of each are going to be short and sweet too ;) Okay so over all these stories were okay for me. 2 of them I really like, one of them I is didnt like at all and the other were kinda in the middle for me.

HEARTLESS: What a way to start off this story collection!!! I have never read any of Tiffinies books yet. But I fell in love with Cam & Roxie!! And really nothing says
Eva Millien
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-author
This is a set of intriguing, thrilling and intense set of stories that teases the readers imagination and gets the adrenalin pumping.

The common theme in all of these fascinating short stories is Love Hurts. The stories give readers glimpses of hard knock life events that may or may not eventually lead to romance, but mostly keep the reader entertained with suspense, action and drama. The authors bring true life realities to life in exciting and intriguing ways that keep the readers on their toes
Susan Swiderski
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here's the premise: eight talented writers start a story with the same simple sentence, "Love hurts." From that common starting point, imagination takes over, and these writers spin eight holy-moley-are-they-ever-unique tales that cover a wide spectrum of literary tastes. Intriguing premise, isn't it? (And these writers deliver!)

You remember how Forrest Gump said life is like a box of chocolates? Well, I say this BOOK is like a box of chocolates. A really good box. Now, if you're looking for the
Crystal Collier
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This book was filled with hard decisions, bitter-sweet outcomes, and adult language. If you're "adult-content sensitive" like me, you'll skip quite a few pages in this anthology (except for in SALT AND WATER), but the stories are definitely entertaining and a fun read.

HEARTLESS: Super cute--old high school "friends" finally get a second chance at love. Loved it!

TANTRABOBUS: Loved the characters, and ghost stories always are just awesome.

UNFORGIVEN: Although I didn't like the ending (it broke my
Karla Keller
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Truly a collection for the ages. It starts you off with a true who dunnit and just rockets off from there. You will be taken for the ride of your life and beg for more stories and more pages when you hit the end. I tip my hat to these amazing authors. I love the police officers with the crime of passion. The students with the haunted field and even scarier baggage. The Seductress with the clientele dropping like flies...Just to name a few...it'll tease you, satisfy your inner craving for ...more
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014

Dollycass Thoughts

I was excited to get this because Lizbeth Lipperman is one of my favorite authors and her short story, Sweepers, was excellent but I want more. I want to know how MacKenzie deals with the trauma she has endured. I hope there is continuing story in the works.

I also really enjoyed Heartless by Tiffany Helmer. Roxie was quite a character and meeting up again with her crush from high school made for a very interesting story.

Some of the other stories were just not my cup of tea.
Carolyn
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought after reading the description for the short stories I knew which ones I was going to like and the ones I would just get through. Boy was I wrong. I usually go for the mystery and some love intertwined books. I picked up this book because of one local author I liked and now it has opened me up to 7 more. I'm not into sci-fi or other non human stories usually but after reading some of these stories I think I might need to open up my library. These stories ...more
Conny
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful collection of short stories by some very talented Authors. Each story is so uniquely different yet together they make a perfect combination and a great addition to any book lovers library. I enjoyed all the characters and I practically devoured the whole thing, staying up way past my bedtime. It has everything you would want in a good read, each short story has a great story line, an easy flow, some steamy love making, heartache, mystery and love. I highly recommend it.
Tonda Pasowicz
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading My Bloody Valentine. Each story is different, some of them were out of my reading element but being short stories it was a nice change to read something different! One huge thing is I liked how each author writes. Sometimes when you get a group together you find a few stories that does work but these do! Give yourself a valentines gift and buy this for yourself.
Barbara Blanc
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book immensely. All eight stories were entertaining. My favorite ones were written by Tiffinie Helmer, Lizbeth Lipperman and Collene Callahan. I love reading short stories in collections such as this one. They are quick reads and fun.
Ashley
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Im reviewing all 8 shorts in this collection at once so scroll to find the one youd like or read them all for the entire overview. I believe the line for these stories was Love hurts.
Heartless by Tiffinie Helmer
The premise of this story was a recently divorced woman who moonlights as a dominatrix getting a second chance at an old love, a sexy detective who catches the murder case involving the woman. While I liked the idea, seriously old love new chance is one of my favorite Romance story
Karen Oehlke
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelved
This book contains eight stories based on the theme Love Hurts.

I have decided to rate each story as some I loved, some I liked okay and some I could not get into what was going on.

Heartless (4.5 stars) It was a good read, of course being there are eight stories in one book all of them are quick reads. Even though there was not much time to build up to the characters I loved the way Roxie came out of a bad relationship and made herself into a new person. And since I am not into BDSM I am glad
DelAnne Frazee
Sensual Level: very low
Overall Rating: 4.0
Reviewed For: Prairie Girl Reads
Reviewer: DelAnne

There are 8 short stories in this collection. Each by a different author with no connecting theme. The titles and authors are as follows:

1. Tiffinie Helmer's "Heartless", Roxie Scott's clients start dropping like
Melindeeloo
Feb 18, 2014 marked it as finish-later
Fury of Fate - Coreene Calahan - Series villain Ivar gets some one on one from someone who brings out his best self. (ETA - it had been a long time between Dragonfury books for me when I read this, so I had rememebered only that Ivar was bad and had thought that maybe Callahan was thinking of redeeming Ivar, but having just read Fury of Desire, Ivar is sooooo bad that he's irredeemable. Just in case you haven't read the series and decided to pick it up after reading this, hoping for a HEA for ...more
Angela Brown
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC for my honest review* 4.5 stars!

Actually, I don't even think that disclaimer is needed. I read Salt and Water, in particular, and swear I couldn't stop reading the story if I wanted to. Because it was an ARC, it has a couple of little things, but nothing that detracted from enjoying the story.

Charlie has a way of using words as an artist uses the mix of paints, thumb and apron to invoke stark imagery, smudged with just the right amount of dark and foreboding and finely worked
Jennifer Erwin
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I have to admit, I really got this collection for Coreene Callahan's "Fury of Fate". I am a huge fan of her work. Her story was definitely a 5 star story. It was interesting reading about Ivar in this light. I started to empathize with him, and I'm hoping now that things turn out a little better for the Nightfuries and the Razorbacks. I'd love to see Sasha turn up in another book. Ah...one can dream.

The rest of the stories were ok. The last one, The True Love of Sherry Papers was a little
Laurie West
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of eight stories by very different authors with a remarkable range of plots and writing styles. A couple of the authors had a little trouble getting out of their own way by forgetting the maxim show me, dont tell me but overall a well-written and enjoyable excursion. With murder, a ghost, vampires, mer-people, a dragon-dude, and a couple of deranged lovers, what more could you ask? ...more
Jenny
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a borrowed book and I only borrowed it for S. G. Redling's story at the end, which definitely was my favorite. I'm not sure if it was the genre or just the subject but most stories didn't make me want to read anymore than the short stories. They were good and an interesting collection of "love hurts" stories but I'm disappointed that nothing introduced me to a new author.
Tiffany Alfson
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading all of these short stories. My favorite was Fury of Fate by Coreene Callahan but that is also because I am engrossed in the series. Tiffinie Helmer's story also dragged me in. I loved how strong Roxanne Scott was. I recommend this book to all who want to learn about new authors and series. I know I will be checking out any of the authors in this book that I haven't read before.
Monica Pulliam
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed all of these stories. But I belive my very favorites were "Fury of Fate" by Coreene Callahan, and "Tantrabobus" by Alex Bledsoe. I love dragons and need more, Coreene! I love all kinds of paranormal and Tantrabobus was very intriguing and hope you carry this character into other books, Alex !

All in all it was a great group of authors and thier stories.
Kimberly Karalius
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
So I bought this collection because Charlie Holmberg's short story is in it; I'm so excited about her upcoming novel and I wanted to read her work. I have to say that her story, "Salt and Water," is totally five-star material. I loved it. But I can't say the same about the other stories in the collection. A lot of them ended abruptly. Few held my attention (and I'm not a picky reader, really).

Amy
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I will preface this by saying that I won this eArc in exchange for a review.

I got this book for Fury of Fate by Coreene Callahan. Which was a GREAT story! I love the Dragonkind males and can't wait for Venom to come out!

With the mix of stories, some were good, some were bad.
Mikki Helmer
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not often does such a great anthology come along. The stories in here vary from romance to science fiction, and none of it is traditional. Every story left me longing for more with their bloody themes and happy that I have discovered so many new authors to add to my reading list.
Melanie
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked these books but my favorite is Ivar's story. He is such a rotten being that you just want to hate him but Coreene has shown him in a different light. You want to see him be a better person and get the love he so deserves.
Lynn Hill
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tiffinie Helmer was a new author to me and I picked up her book and couldn't put it down. If you want a great fast read buy it. I am now going to buy the rest of the Bloody Valentine collection!! What a way to spend Valentines Day. Thanks Tiffinie!
Melissa
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Only read 'Fury of Fate' by Coreene Callahan...it was good, but too short and kind of leaves you hanging or at least wondering if Sasha will show up in one of the full-length novels. Even though Ivar is the bad guy, I kind of felt for him. 3 stars!
Dianne Ledford
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Love this series of short stories they are amazing they cover many genres and have introduced me to new authors as well as some of my favorites I recommend this set to anyone who loves to read and or looking for new authors
USA Today Bestselling Author Tiffinie Helmer is always up for a gripping adventure. Raised in Alaska, she was dragged 'Outside' by her husband, but escapes the lower forty-eight to spend her summers commercial fishing on the Bering Sea.

A mother of four, Tiffinie divides her time between enjoying her family, throwing her acclaimed pottery, and writing of flawed characters in unique and severe

Topless Club (2 books)
  • Topless (Topless Club, #1)
  • Heartless (Topless Club, #2)