Start by marking “Unexpected Protector (Isthmus Alliance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Protector (Isthmus Alliance, #2)

Unexpected Protector (Isthmus Alliance #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  531 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
Alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00G8PFI08

Everyone makes mistakes in life. Unfortunately, Holly Richards has become an expert at taking the wrong path in life. This time, she may have gone so far that she has alienated the one person who has always been there for her. Will she be able to make the right decision for once in her life?

Tommy Reed’s world shifted the night he
Published (first published October 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Protector

Aleatha Romig
OMG!!! I actually read this RIGHT after it came out. I want you to know I absolutely love this series and I love Slone Johnson's writing. She's created a world that I adore.
I've read many (we won't talk numbers)of BDSM stories...Slone's are the most positive, uplifting, and empowering BDSM stories I've ever read! I want more like this...it is GREAT!
The characters are so in depth. I truly feel like I know Tommy and Holly, Dylan and Tasha, Jeff and Mary, and the whole group...
I'm not happy with
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
Unexpected Protector is Tommy and Holly’s story. We first meet Holly and Tommy in Unexpected Angel and we see the characters from book #1 in Unexpected Protector.

The book picks up where book #1 finishes with Holly in a hospital bed after the show down with Nick.

Holly has had a rough life, turned to drugs to get through it and made some seriously poor decisions that almost got her and her best friend killed.

Tommy is a cop and a Dom who is drawn to Holly and although he should stay away from her d
Kara
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tommy and Holly.
I liked them both - which surprised me after how Holly was in book 1.

I liked this book, it is a good series. I like how the author has portrayed the D/s relationships.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Let me start by saying that Sloan is a genius by bringing together two things I love erotica and the depth of a dom/sub relationship. I mean Sloan had me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading Holly and Tommy's story. I loved Holly from Unexpected Angel even though people were mad at her for betraying her family and friends but she had her reasons and let me tell you addiction is no joke to kick so I commend her for trying and keeping clean even though she has all this chaos going ...more
Bella
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.

In Unexpected Angel, I fell in love with Dylan and Tasha. Tasha is betrayed by her long time friend Holly and I must admit, I totally hated her for what she did to Tasha. I mean, how could she???

In Unexpected Protector, we get the story of Tommy and Holly. It is easy for me to fall in love with Tommy. I swear, I could totally go for this flavor of D&S if I had my very own Dylan or Tommy. Tommy feels drawn to Holly and knows that she messed up because of her dependence on drugs. He
Stacy
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

“Too bad there’s no prescription out there that can fix what’s inside. I’ve known that for a long time, which is why I turned to the drugs. They numb me so I don’t feel the pain that has been eating away at me since I can remember.”

This is book #2 in the Isthmus Alliance series. Tommy Reed and Holly Richards are two characters we meet in the first book Unexpected Angel. This story pretty much picks up where book one left off. Tommy is a sweet,
Michelle
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to start with what I love about this book and this series so far.

I love that the author doesn't make these books into a "How To" BDSM, D/s book. I love that she makes the reader really understand why a person would enjoy being a submissive, and not merely alluding to some "draw" she feels towards a man using a "Dom Voice". I like that not once did I say to myself, why would she do this to herself? I read a lot of BDSM books, and I don't think there's been one that really made me under
ci
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, OMG, OMG, NO, NO, NO, Sloan Johnson how could you or better yet, why did i not know that you were going to hang me out to dry???

This is the second book in the Isthmus Alliance Series, if you haven't read Unexpected Angel (Dylan and Tasha's story) yet, I highly recommend you do so before reading Unexpected Protector (Tommy and Holly's story).

This book picks up where the first one left off with Holly lying in a hospital bed and none of us knowing if she will live or die.

Tommy an ex marine, n
The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★★
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
I cannot believe this story ended this way. I mean seriously...I'm just happily reading along noticing that my Kindle is getting closer and closer to 100% with no resolution and the WHAM. THE. END.
Jill (Embrace the Romance)
Could this series get any hotter? Absolutely! If you thought book 1 was hot this was scorching. It delved more into the characters private lives in the bedroom then the first book. We saw more of Holly and Tommy's chemistry and sexual preferences.

How Holly grew from that scared once junky to a confident woman ready to start her life. And Tommy was there every step to help her, protect her and love her.

They were on the road to happier times. They were making amends and forgiving themselves and ot
Jacqueline
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
This one didn't really work for me. I'm not sure whether it was the multiple shifting pov or something else but I didn't really feel the insta-love connection between Holly and Tommy. I was hoping that Tommy would do more for me as he's supposed to be a natural Dom who's devoted to his woman but he didn't interest me really.
It ends on the mother of all cliffhangers; had I have known that I wouldn't have touched this until the series is complete.
Macaela Conder
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absolutely loved this book! holy cliff hanger!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for honest review

You will need to read Unexpected Angel before Unexpected Protector to get the full impact of this series.

Unexpected Protector starts off directly after Unexpected Angel finishes, but is not a continuation of Dylan and Tasha's story.  They are in this book, but as secondary characters.

Unexpected Protector is about Dylan's best friend and Tasha's best friend, Dylan and Holly.

Holly has made mistakes in her life - but haven't we all, Drug addict, in with
Margreet Asselbergs

My rating: 4 of 5 ⭐

A messed up junkie, Holly Richards can only think of herself in those terms. She almost had her best friend badly hurt, who does that? She doesn't understand why that man keeps coming to her hospital room, half the time she keeps her eyes closed, not wanting to acknowledge anyone. She doesn't deserve any kindness and she will never admit that hearing his voice makes her feel safe.

Suspended from his job, Tommy Reed spends his days sitting
Dympna
Aug 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviews on Love, Words and Books blog

To be honest, I found Holly pretty obnoxious in Unexpected Angel, book one of the Isthmus Alliance Series (links below). For someone’s best friend she was doing a pretty shitty job of it. She sacrificed her best friend’s (Tasha’s) safety and life to clear her own drug debts that have accrued. It’s just the drugs I hear you say…. Drugs will make a person do things, unthinkable things, but is there a point at which the person must be responsible for their own a
Toni FGMAMTC
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Unexpected Protector is book 2 of the Isthmus Alliance. In book one we learned that Isthmus Alliance is a group made up of members who participate in the BDSM lifestyle. The author’s main focus is the actual relationships of the characters so some categorize this series as BDSM-lite.

The actual theme of Unexpected Protector, in my opinion, is forgiveness with a undercurrent of getting past life’s hardships.

There are many characters. Some have already had their own book and some will have the
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
I am going to dive right into this review! I loved Holly in Unexpected Angel – yes she messed up and betrayed the people who loved her the most but I saw a beautiful messed up woman who needed help and needed someone to fight for her no matter what. Drugs have a way of changing a person – turning them into someone you won’t recognize and with the right kind of love and determination that person can become the person she once was.

Unexpected Protector picks up where Unexpected Angel leaves off –
Foxy  Roxy
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

The perfect life. We all want it. No one has it but we still pursue it even though we know it’s impossible to achieve or we believe we don’t deserve it. Holly’s life resume isn’t not a glowing one. The shame she feels because of the choices she has made, she feels she doesn’t deserve happiness in her life. Her addiction had her making choices that had her in a situation where her integrity, friendships and future are in question. Can she be saved from he
Heather Young
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS
Received a complimentary copy from the author for an honest review.

I had seen this book on a lot of posts from different blogs and I loved the cover, but never 1 clicked ONLY because every time I came across it, I had just bought more books that I didn't need! These are stories of BDSM, so if anyone is not comfortable with this, don't read. But if can give this a chance, it's a wonderful story.

This is book 2 in the Isthmus Alliance series. Book 1 Unexpected Angel

Book 1 is about Dylan
Hooked On Books
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is book 2 in the Isthmus Alliance series. Book 1 Unexpected Angel

Book 1 is about Dylan & Tasha.
Book 2 is about Tommy & Holly

This is a story of Tommy seeing
Booty Dancin Graphix BOOK fri-ENDS
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

Protecting. Sacred. Resistant. Passionate. Lustful. Hot. Sensual. Loving. UNEXPECTED!!

That in a nutshell is every emotion and word that, for me, describes Unexpected Protector. As all of you know I absolutely loved book one Unexpected Angel. Well let me say, if it’s at all possible, I loved this one even more. The story and connections Sloan captures in Unexpected Protector surpasses what she accomplished in Unexpected Angel.

Book Two of the Isthmus Allia
Romance Schmomance
Let me begin with how I got into this series. Like most bloggers out there, we discover new books through each other and that's exactly how it was for me. Plus the whole "soft side" to BDSM was intriguing. Let me just share that I rarely read books that have BDSM, Fifty Shades was my first introduction to that. So, I was intrigued to see how there was a softer side. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Unexpected Angel, so of course, I couldn't wait to read the next one.

This book ca
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes things have to fall apart to fall together. Rock bottom. There are times you need to hit that bottom to realize what you have and what it is that you want. Your life has to shatter to force you to want to fix it. You have to drown to want to live. For Holly Richards that's exactly what happened. She hit the bottom. She's hit it hard.

In the second book of the Isthmus Alliance, Sloan Johnson has given us an amazing look into a life that is unknown and taboo for many. This second book of
Tbird London
I must admit, I haven’t read the first book in this series YET, but it is a sure bet I am going to. I say this to let you know this book Unexpected Protector could be a stand alone read and you wouldn’t be lost in the story, but it will leave you wanting to run to the first book as soon as possible. Another warning, if you hate fantastic cliff hanging moments that leave you breathless and screaming for more now, you might want to avoid this book. I am already dying for the next book after how th ...more
Desirae (Dee)
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously Sloan!! Seriously!! I have read a lot of books, a lot. But I can't remember one that had that kind of freaking cliffhanger ending. The kind that has your stomach in knots, dropped to the ground, your heart beating a mile a minute. Yeah?

That's what happened here. Anyone who knows me knows I love this kind of book, especially a D/s book. I love a good Dom, and I loved Dylan, so figured I would love Tommy Though I think Zeke is my new BBF. Don't ask me why, but I dig that man something f
Angela Lane
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected Protector is book two in the Isthmus Alliance series. My usual disclaimer is this: I don’t give spoilers to the book I am reviewing, but it is virtually impossible for me NOT to give spoilers to the first book in the series, Unexpected Angel. Unexpected Angel was an awesome book, so if you haven’t read it yet, just stop reading this review, because I guarantee, I’m going to ruin it for you. Go buy it, read it, THEN come back and read the review. If you have read Unexpected Angel, read ...more
Jenna
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Holy freaking sh*t!! I hate cliffhangers! And this book has a HUGE one at the end of it. So, fair warning.

I loved this book so much. I was a big fan of Unexpected Angel, Book One in the Isthmus Alliance series, but I connected with this book so much more. I think it was because I loved Tommy immediately, and I admired Holly for her strength and spirit. In UA, Dylan bordered on being too much of an asshole for me to really fall for him, and Tasha was just too weak of a character for me. In this b
Echo
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Holy Smokes!! That was not what I was expecting, it was so much better.

I meant to read Unexpected Angel, book 1 before beginning Unexpected Protector but then I started reading Unexpected Protector and I was hooked. Even though I jumped in with book 2 it in no way made me enjoy the story less and I will definitely be going back to read book 1 cuz' this book was amazing.

I thought that I had read every type of Dom but wow, I guess I really haven
Jennie Wurtz
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been eagerly awaiting Sloan Johnson's Unexpected Protector and I was thrilled to be given the honor of reading it prior to its release. I am a HUGE fan of Unexpected Angel, the first book in the Isthmus Alliance series and was so curious to see where Sloan took us in this next adventure. This second book is Tommy and Holly's story. It picks up essentially where book one left off, only this time we are seeing everything from their POV's.
The story is great! It's hot, it's sexy, it's emotion
Christine
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 Stars.

Okay so I have been thinking about how to write this review for a few days now. I think I am just going to say it the way I feel and in no particular order.

#1 – I really like Sloan Johnson’s stories and alpha men.

#2 – The BDSM is not heavy, but just right for me. Sometimes, I like heavy, sometimes lighter. I know with Sloan’s alpha men what I am going to get. Hot and protective.

#3 – I think Sloan Johnson writing is smo
help 2 12 Oct 27, 2013 11:07AM
  • Savage Rhythm (Club Volare, #6)
  • Blood Legacy (Blood Legacy, #1)
  • SEX Unlimited: Volume 3 (Unlimited, #3)
  • My Beautiful (Lifeless, #2)
  • Untitled (Honor, #6)
  • Owned By the Dom: Part One (The Owners #3)
  • Master of Punishment (Master & Mistress, #0.5)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Thank You, Master (Inferno Connection, #1)
  • Do You Trust Me?
  • Love Interrupted (Interrupted, #1)
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Deceitfully Yours
  • Destined to Forgive (Destined, #3)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • Watch What Burns (A Fire That Burns, #2)
  • His Ever After (Love Square, #2)
  • Let Love Heal (Love, #3)
7162059
Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s body. While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass.

When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick
More about Sloan Johnson...

Isthmus Alliance (5 books)
  • Unexpected Angel (Isthmus Alliance, #1)
  • Unexpected Consequences (Isthmus Alliance, #3)
  • Unexpected Blessing (Isthmus Alliance, #3.5)
  • Unexpected Truth (Isthmus Alliance, #4)