Start by marking “Come Alive (Rock Hard, #3)” as Want to Read:
Come Alive (Rock Hard, #3)

Come Alive

(Rock Hard #3)

It's not what she wanted... but it could be what she needs.

Dani's relationship with sexually fluid Black Halo frontman, Xane Geist is put to the test when she agrees to allow him to explore his desire for sizzling new drummer, Luthor Albrecht. Even with strict rules in place to define what's acceptable, Dani's heart is never more than a step away from being broken.

As one
Published May 26th 2016 by Mischief, HarperCollins UK

To ask other readers questions about Come Alive, please sign up.
Madelynne Ellis The current release date is 28th January 2016.

Doris
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Boy do I need a cold shower after this crazy hot read! The guys of Black Halo took a break on a private island that Spook has and they are trying to get together so they can regroup after all of the chaos that they have went through as of late. Ash is out of the hospital and he and Ginny are on their way to the island also so that Ash can recuperate from everything that has happened to him. Sorry to say that he is still not able to play his guitar and they don’t know for certain if he ever will ...more
Lindsey Greer-Smith
**ARC given for honest review**

I cannot believe this is Dani & Xane's...& Luthor's... last book! I know they will be in the other books, but still... I have loved following their story & seeing each of them change. Change they have!
Xane I think I love. He went from this reckless, "I don't care about anything" kind of guy to a loving, sweet boyfriend. He was amazing with Dani & all she had been through. Dani has grown from being so narrow minded to an open mind. She really overca
Heather in FL
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Probably closer to 4-1/2 stars. It wrapped up the Xane/Dani/Luthor thing quite well and realistically. Dani didn't just all of a sudden decide it was fine for Xane to be with Luthor, and based on her background, I wouldn't expect that. It would have been disingenuous. I felt bad for all three of them, because they were all stuck in a pretty weird situation. Dani knows Xane is bisexual, though she has no capacity really to deal with it in the way Xane would like for her to, which is to accept tha ...more
Amandajane
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rockstar
This is one of my favourite rock star series. I have been looking forward to this one. I love Xane and Dani so more of them (and Luthor) is always good.

The band has retreated to Spook's house on a private island to recuperate after what happened to them in the last book. Luthor has signed on to be a permanent member of the band. He is trying to settle in with them and also to work out his place with Xane and Dani.

Dani is having second thoughts about the relationship between Xane and Luthor. Be
Rosemary
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I always get excited when a new Madelynne Ellis book is out and I was especially excited for Come Alive, the third book in her Rock Hard series. The members of Black Halo are all heading to Spook's private island so they can rest and figure out where to go next after the issues they faced in the last book. Of course, with this band, you know things won't go as easy as that sounds!

In addition to everything going on with the band, at the heart of Come Alive we get Xane and Dani's story which gets
megan wykle
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story in this series. I absolutely love Black Halo. These characters are amazing and I love that the characters keep evolving. I can't wait for more.
Arc received in.exchange for an honest review.
Kim
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
******ARC given for an honest review**************

Book three is mostly devoted to Dani, Xane and now Luthor’s relationship. This picks up after what happened with Iain Willows. The band has regrouped at Spook’s house on a private island. The hope is that Xane can convince Dani that Luthor belongs with them. It also shows where Ash is at in his recovery. A better peek into who Spook is. And Paul aka Rock Giant is found to be a softie!
I’ll be the first to admit that I didn’t like Luthor very much
Sam
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have waited eagerly for this story on tender hooks, hoping to see where things have lead for Dani and Xane. To see whether their relationship would work with a third person. The very handsome brand new drummer of Black halo Luthor. I consumed this novel and couldn't put it down. I managed to read it in a day and a half. Who needs sleep right?
Essentially the band is on a small island together to rest and recuperate after the dramas and near death experience from the previous band drummer Iain
Kerry
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angst, mmf
I bought this book two weeks ago, and savoured knowing I had it before devouring it. Having waited so long I was almost afraid to read it. I didn't want Dani, Luther and Xane's relationship to end. I adore all three characters and have had moments of love and hate, in equal amounts, towards all of them.

I know we will hear about them in subsequent books, but I want another book just for them. How will their future pan out? Will Dani marry Xane as Xane seems to think, and if so how will Luther fe
Karen
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say I've been eagerly awaiting this book is the understatement of the year, and with that kind of anticipation there is always a small risk of disappointment.

Not to worry! Madelynne has triumphed with this last in the trio of books about the Black Halo rock band. Last time we met them, the band was in disarray after a murder attempt and various other disasters.

This picks up shortly after that, with most of the band headed to one of their number's private holiday home, on an island. Some R&am
Helena Oliver
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After a seemingly very long wait I've finally got to read the next instalment of Black Halo and the Xane/Dani/Luthor story. It was worth the wait. Madelynne Ellis has served up another taste of Xane Geist at his sexy best. The story takes place just after the last one ended and the boys are taking a break from touring while Ash recuperates. Great to catch up with Ash,Rock Giant and Spook too. This book, made me angry, sad and laugh, it has super steamy hot bits and with no cliff hanger ending di ...more
Liz
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man alive was this book brilliant! I love this series, the characters are perfection and the story full of twists and turns. This instalment is no different, it dragged me in and refused to let me put it down until I'd read the whole blinking thing.

The Black Halo boys are enjoying a well deserved break in a quiet sanctuary away from the public eye. The delicious Xane and Dani are having to deal with a threat to their relationship. The book mostly concentrates on the highs and lows of their relat
Tammy
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Black Halo is taking some time to recover on a private island after everything that has been happening. Luthor, a drummer is now an official member of the band and he wants to explore the relationship he has with Xane even if that means he has to share him with Dani. However, Dani doesn’t want to share, will Xane leave her because of it and what happens if things don’t work out with Xane and Luthor could that mean the end of the band? Was hooked from beginning to end. So much drama, the characte ...more
Janee
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
What happen

I liked a lot, but I feel short changed with it. I felt like I'm missing a lot of the rest of the story. The in between from what I read and what the rest of the series was like.
Lindsay Crook
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Black Halo Hotness

I love this series and have wait ages for book 3 and it didn't disappoint. I spent about 75% of this book wanting to shake some sense in to Dani and 100% loving Luthor and Xane.But when these 3 get in on it is hot.
Jasmin Murphy
Apr 21, 2017
Brenda Kuhfeldt
Jun 09, 2016
Sólborg
rated it did not like it
May 26, 2016
Oct 16, 2014
Cammi
Aug 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Madelynne Ellis is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of erotic romance. She stared writing on a whim, after a friend suggested she give writing a "Black Lace" novel a go. The rest is history.

Madelynne writes focuses on a mixture of contemporary and Regency-set novels, and has been translated into a variety of languages.

She's a decaf drinker, has a healthy obsession with a certai

Rock Hard (3 books)
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Come Together (Rock Hard, #2)