Start by marking “Eternal Redemption” as Want to Read:
Eternal Redemption

Read Book* *Different edition

Eternal Redemption

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A JOURNEY TO HELL to redeem long-lost love...and pride. A quest of outmost peril with no guaranteed return. How far would you go to regain true-love? It's darker than a man trying to redeem his loved one: he forsook her for ultimate power!

A mighty Necromancer must trespass into hell and face the Devil himself.

Frozen emotions thaw as purpose springs to life. It was not hi
Kindle Edition, 1, 31 pages
Published February 1st 2014 (first published January 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Redemption

Dianne
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Win Gift Cards | eBooks | Print Books
Click on Banner to Enter!
U.S./International

Life is full of decisions, the ones we make seem perfect at the time, at least for us, but what about further down the road? Can one man, blinded to everything but the lust for dark power truly turn his back on love and his own soul? Could YOU forsake everyone and everything to gain the ultimate in power for eternity? Would you make a deal with the devil, thinking you can outsmart him later?

Eternal Redemption by Pau
Meghan
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting and powerful story. Would you choose your wife OR extreme power and eternal life? King Deathenor chose the second, and now, after living with his power and getting all that he wanted, he regrets his decision. So he travels to Hell in order to get his wife back from the Devil. What happens while he was there was ... awesome. I mean, what I read really made me think and several times the most unexpected things happened. The author's description of the ever changing look ...more
Dean
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eternal Redemption is an intriguing dark fantasy story in the vein of Faust, where the main character, Léssemnos, makes a deal with the Devil for power—at a cost that he, quite rightly, regrets. As King and Necromancer, he has everything but his lost love, and so he embarks on a quest to Hell to challenge the Devil himself.

Wunderlich goes to great lengths to show the inner turmoil that faces the protagonist, but the character's deeds, his lust for power, and pursuit of “dark paths,” make it diff
Connie
I will be the first to admit, I'm not a huge fan of novellas or short stories....however, this is one I really enjoyed! I admit I was a bit worried after the author contacted me and I accepted his offer of a free copy to read. He was very polite in his offer and very informative as well. I was just a bit worried that I would hate the book and have to give it a low rating....or worse...that I would hate it so much that I would be forced to give a less than favourable review! As I seem to be learn ...more
Rob Slaven
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
As usual, this book came to me free in exchange for a review. Also as usual, my scrupulously honest opinions follow in spite of the kindness of receiving a free copy of the book.

In a nutshell, this novella is a standard Faustian tale in which our protagonist regrets the bargain he made centuries ago. The story is amusing because the author has chosen a familiar and popular premise. One can almost never lose when the devil appears in your book. The one twist we see is that we view the story from
Tina
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eternal Redemption by Paul A. Wunderlich is the story of King Deathenor and his fascinating desire for power and conquest. It is a novella that, although short, offers us a wonderful take on the old “pact with the Devil” story line. As in most of the stories on this subject, King Deathenor is now regretting the pact he made with the Devil in exchange for ultimate power and is struggling to undo it. Even when he realizes that he will lose the love of his life if he continues to walk this doomed p ...more
Jennifer  Davis
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best way to describe this novella without giving too much away is hard. Best way to sum the story up is by some of the old sayings: "Be careful what you wish for" and "You don't realize what you have until it is gone."

The story is about a young man that makes a decision that he will change his life in more than one way. He soon finds out that everything comes with a price. The question is, is the prize worth the price?

I thought that the novella was wonderfully written,had a great flow, and
Saul Meyer
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of this novella. I won't get into detail because I don't want to ruin your short time reading this or to give away any twists and turns. Suffice to say this little book is a brief time well spent.

I can't wait to see what this author will write in the future. I highly recommend!
Manuel
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Muy buen libro
Cindy
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Review coming soon.
Nina Ivanova
Full review/Цялото ревю - Click, click :)

After-read thoughts:
As you can guess from the synopsis, this short is a spin on the classic story about the the deal with the evil, and a nicely done one.
Maybe the first thing that I noticed was the writing style. It is heavy, ornamented, bit old fashioned. Some stories - and story tellers - can handle such style, others can not. This is without doubt the first case, as they fit very well and I greatly enjoyed reading it, tho I admit it took me a bit mor
Liquid Frost
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Eternal Redemption is a short tale by Paul Wunderlich. As the title suggests, redemption is a difficult feat as it is constantly out of grasp. One man, a necromancer, desires power above all; even at the expense of true love. Making a deal with the Devil, Kind Deathenor turns his back on his wife in a deal which brings him ultimate power; destroying foes and allowing him to rule all of the land.

Unfortunately, power has left the King hollow. Centuries-long regret has plagued him and although he a
Mehreen Ahmed
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The inverted "Mephistopheles" nature in Paul A. Wunderlich's novella Eternal Redemption plays an anti Devil role which sets it off completely from Dr Faustus, where the soul was indeed signed off to the devil without any hope of a come-back. The King's realization of his follies and the reversibility of the irreversible lights up a whole new dimension of existence. Metaphorically though the novella seems to suggest that matter and anti-matter are two facets of omnipotence, the powers of which ar ...more
Tara
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens when one's wish for eternal lfe and ultimate power is granted?
Mr. Wunderlich is a wonderful story teller. Léssemnos had a wonderful life and a
wife that truly loved him, but he was never satisfied and made a life altering decision. There were times when I felt pity for Léssemnos and hopeful. Eons later he is now King Deathenor and has his dreams fulfilled, yet something is still missing.

I don't want to give any spoilers.
He makes another deal with the devil. The outcome is just as exp
Sherry
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free digital copy from storycartel in exhcange for a review.

This was an excellent novella. The words flowed well and got my attention. The descriptions and actions were vivid and captivating. I felt the pain and desperation of the characters. I was fascinated with the Devil's capabilities.

The novella ended well. Although the ending was a little predictable because of similiar books I've read and the Devil's reputation, it was so well-written that it left me breathless.
Charles Miske
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rating this: under the little star at position 2nd from the left, there is a little balloon that pops up "It was OK"

That's about it.

In general, the tone and language seem like a fervent attempt to imitate high fantasy. There are a series of editing errors that cause some confusion. It's tough to write a protagonist who drifts in and out of their own head. Time slips around in circles. An entire world of minions is disposable.

When you're sitting at the top of an Everest sized pile of skulls, what
Suki
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short story

This short story was well done and I like the meaning behind it. The story moved quickly because of its shortness and developed the characters well.
Ebook Planet
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eternal Redemption is a dark fantasy novella following a necromancer's journey into the pits of hell to take on the devil himself. King Deathenor once made a pact with the devil in exchange for great power. Centuries later he has changed his mind and wishes to redeem his soul.
It is a premise I have encountered in other (badly-written) novels and I feared this may be another one of those. However, the book has surpassed my expectation, providing a dramatic and challenging reading experience.
It ha
C Dove
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brutal good read! Be careful what you wish for you may get it!
Novella is of similar theme to many before but gives you ( the reader ) the unvarnished truth! The pasture isn't always greener on the other Sid!
Ninja x
rated it did not like it
Aug 13, 2016
Slobodan Milutinovic
May 04, 2014
Axeinaga
Jun 26, 2017
Book Bloggers of ...: Meet Author Paul A Wunderlich Indie Spotlight & Giveaway 1 4 Feb 17, 2015 07:18AM
Free Kindle eBook gift -- Looking for reviewers. 1 1 Jan 06, 2015 06:23PM
readers advisory ...: Unhappy people will never stop seeking happiness. 1 29 Mar 01, 2014 05:27AM
Power corrupts. 1 3 Feb 02, 2014 08:08AM
Ultimate-Power 1 3 Feb 02, 2014 08:06AM
I was born in Guatemala in 1984. Therein, the beautiful landscape mixed with my love for literature, pushed me to discover the dimension of words. I love coffee in all its forms, reading, and playing video games. In the real world, I'm a medical doctor undergoing Residency Training in Internal Medicine. I love to hear about my readers.

Email me or send me a tweet to @paulwunderlich.

visit www.dispo