Start by marking “Defying All Odds” as Want to Read:
Defying All Odds

Defying All Odds

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
 -Ernest Hemingway
Since day one, Celeste Logan has had a string of bad luck—no, scratch that. Her past is so tragic, anyone would think she’s been irrevocably cursed. But this is no paranormal story…it’s her real f*cking life.

Fortunately, there are people in her life who make it worth living. Th
ebook
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Defying All Odds, please sign up.

Nevaeh Lee So, so sorry I've been a stranger. But I actually do have a really good reason. We were living overseas and my son got really sick and, long story…moreSo, so sorry I've been a stranger. But I actually do have a really good reason. We were living overseas and my son got really sick and, long story short, we moved back so he could get better (and be near actual hospitals). Still trying to get the kids settled, buy a car, find a place to live, all that not-so-fun stuff. But I'm hoping to start writing again within the next week or so and to release DAO before summer. Thanks for your interest and patience…it's coming, I promise! :)(less)

Nevaeh Lee
Feb 12, 2014 Nevaeh Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Defying All Odds is LIVE!!!! :)))) http://amzn.to/1Xw1DFw
Sarah Darlington
Feb 20, 2014 Sarah Darlington marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-adult
  I need it.

Amanda
May 28, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, standalone
This is Nevaeh Lee's solo debut. I loved Collaboration that she co-wrote with Michelle Lynn, and I was excited to get to read an ARC of this!

This is a great story of going through something so terrible, and making it through to the other side.

Celeste is a strong woman, and even stronger mother. Austin is there for her from the get go. And he falls for the amazing single mom that is the victim in a case he's working on.

I saw a picture yesterday that read "One day someone is going to hug you so t
Jennifer Hanson
Jun 25, 2015 Jennifer Hanson rated it it was amazing
What an amazing solo debut by Nevaeh Lee. I was completely blown away by how well written this book was. Nevaeh does an absolutely amazing job of making you feel like you right there with Celeste and Austin and you feel like you know these characters and that they could be your friends. The characters in Defying All Odds are extremely likeable and realistic. I felt absolutely sick as I was reading as Celeste has gone through way more than any one person should ever have to endure in one life. Ne ...more
David Maher
Jun 02, 2016 David Maher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Celeste Logan knows how to do this. She's survived this before, she can do it again. If anything, this time around she's got even more reason to survive than she did last time. Last time around she wasn't a mother. She didn't have six year old twins depending on her to be around and provide for them, and mothers, good mothers, will do just about anything for their kids.

So survive she does, but surviving and living aren't exactly the same thing.

Detective Austin Westlake hates his job. He's good a
Nela
Dec 07, 2014 Nela rated it really liked it
4,5 stars

I was one of the people waiting for the book for about 2 years, so you can imagine I might have some expactations.

I admired Celeste. She was a survivor, a woman, who went through so much, that you actualy think: "Oh c'mon! Can't she have a break for once in her life?!" She is strong, but broken. She is tough, yet fragile. She doesn't take any shit (which I like in a heroine). She has so much baggage and personal demons on her shoulders you wonder how come she didn't went completely craz
Jennifer Cooper
Sep 26, 2014 Jennifer Cooper rated it it was amazing
Finally! I've been waiting on this book almost two years and the author did not disappoint!

Celeste is a woman that has inner strength unlike any heroine that has ever been written. The first chapter of this book will leave your jaw dragging the ground and your heart torn to shreds. Rape....is a dirty word and an action that is committed in many different ways, in many different settings, and normally leaves the victim in a "proving" position.
Celeste is a strong character that is written with a
Heather Kallam
Jun 16, 2016 Heather Kallam rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I thought that this was a great debut by Nevaeh Lee. I really loved the characters... especially Austin, his little brother, and P&P. They were all so sweet and I instantly wanted to hug them all. I also completely respected Celeste. She has gone through so much and is still fighting to get through life. The writing was also quite good.
My issue with this book was that I think there was a little too much happening in regards to back stories... Celeste had a lot of things happen to h
Karen
Jan 11, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
I waited a longtime for this book to come out. I even left a message for the author. She kindly answered me. As soon as she told me The book was released I purchased the book at 3:00 a.m.
I was not disappointed. The author captured the story exactly as I hoped. I loved the characters of Celeste and Austin. Celeste is such a strong women after the traumatic events she went through in life. She also had a sense of humor that helped to face her trauma.
again, I absolutely loved this book.
I hope you
Dani
Jun 10, 2016 Dani rated it really liked it
What a great surprise. This book packs a punch... I didn't read the blurb beforehand, so I had no idea what to expect. I was hooked from the first line. Amazing story, it went by fast but it didn't feel rushed. I really enjoyed it.
Melissa Meyer
May 31, 2016 Melissa Meyer rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! This is an AMAZING EMOTIONAL book! Nevaeh has a way with her writing to capture your mind! Loved the characters and the journey the book takes them through!
Kizzy
Oct 31, 2014 Kizzy rated it really liked it
good debut book from the author ;) I'm hoping Rico and Ana get a story too ;)
Joni Dye
Nov 08, 2014 Joni Dye marked it as to-read
Is this book ever going to come out?
Roberta Fafrak
Oct 08, 2016 Roberta Fafrak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait

I couldn't put it down, one of the best books I've read in awhile. It was definitely worth the wait.
Kristen Johnson
Jun 30, 2016 Kristen Johnson rated it really liked it
I've been waiting on this book for a long time, after having been giving a small snippet of it so when it finally released, I couldn't wait to get to it. Nevaeh Lee has written an emotional story in Defying All odds. One that takes us on a unique journey for two people.

Celeste hasn't led an easy life, suffering a trauma in the past, one that led her to where she is now, one that has affected her life in numerous ways is only the start of her bad luck. Celeste is focused on keeping the life she'
Kaitlyn
Jul 12, 2015 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking wow!!! This book!! It completely blew me away! I was hooked from the first page and couldn't put it down through out! This book had all of my favorite things in it! An amazing guy, and awesome best friend, 3 adorable little kids, and one kick ass strong female lead!!! We are introduced right away to Celeste and the world she has lived in. She's had it hard and she's had it tough but she is still one hell of a woman! You'd never know she had a past if you saw her walking down the st ...more
Rach3975
Dec 11, 2016 Rach3975 rated it really liked it
A great solo debut novel!
♡Tonya♡
Nov 08, 2015 ♡Tonya♡ marked it as to-read
when is this coming out? ?
Madalen Theiss
Madalen Theiss rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Valerie Ronquillo
Valerie Ronquillo rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Carleigh
Carleigh rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Sophiat
Sophiat rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Radka
Radka rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Julianne
Julianne rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2016
Katie Stern
Katie Stern rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Tisa
Tisa rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Tabatha
Tabatha rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Relish (Vicious Feast, #2)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Shameless
  • Unsuitable
  • Thoroughly Whipped
  • Reputation (Backlash, #2)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Collateral Damage (Limelight, #3)
  • American Honey
  • Falling for It (For It #1)
  • Six Feet Under (He Found Me, #2.5)
  • Losing Stars (The Celebrity, #3)
  • Always Yours (Always, #2)
  • Unspoken Words (The Unspoken Love Series, #1)
  • Housewife
  • One Last Ride (Second Chance, #3)
  • Lost Stars
  • Covet (Sinful Secrets, #4)
Nevaeh’s first exposure to writing began in a middle school creative writing class. She was reprimanded for composing a politically incorrect story and forced to re-write about a “safer” topic. Being the writing rebel that she is, Nevaeh always likes to push the envelope a bit and never re-writes, unless her editor insists on it.

When she’s not writing, Nevaeh is a freelance book editor ;). And whe