Start by marking “From The Depths” as Want to Read:
From The Depths

From The Depths

*New cover uploaded 11/20/2014
Josh Peterman’s Caribbean vacation has been disrupted by a catastrophic hurricane. Now giant mutated deep sea creatures are washing up on the beach.
Out on the open ocean things are about to get ugly as giant Viperfish, Bristle worms and a two-hundred-foot long ceresiosaurus, thought to be long extinct, hunt for prey.
As the body count rises a f
Published January 27th 2014 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about From The Depths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From The Depths

Jeff
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every once in a while, creatures just seem to show up and ruin a vacation. That's what happens in a few very long day and nights. Josh Peterman on vacationing the Caribbean, soon encounters a Killer Hurricane and the things it dredges up from the depths. As Josh attempts to ride out the storm on the roof of the hotel he was in, the storm surge and the winds blow him out to sea, many miles from little Cayman island.

Things go down hill as Josh and a few others together discover there are many stra
Sharon
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I didn't want to put it down. This book will give you nightmares going out on the huge ocean. Huge creatures of all types pop out of the water and create havoc.
Kyle Michael Feezor
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding Aquatic Horror

Wow wow wow, this book is extraordinary! This is one action packed thriller. It is easily one of the best aquatic horror books, I've ever read.
steven McCorkle
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Worth a read. Not quite Crichton or Benchley, yet, but still a worthy effort.
Gen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Enough gore to satisfy but not drown. Plenty of action. Enough realism to make it scary. An engrossing read. Would make a great movie.
Ruby
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
REALLY LIKED IT

This grabbed me from the first paragraph. Couldn't put it down. It was scary, exciting and really good. It was told really well. Except for the nude scene I would recommend this to everyone.
Ruby
Teresa Tidwell
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Entertaining,fun read

Really enjoyed the story line and the depth of the characters. A little more attention to detail on the interchangeability of the weapons ammo could be better for realism though.
Anadarko52
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sea monsters galore!

This book had a good premise and a lot of action. However, it could have used more character development and a little more editing.
Rodney Moorhead
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
A decent monster story.
Rita McDowell
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

After this read, definitely will not be taking any cruises in the Atlantic Ocean. Definitely a worth while read. Very enjoyable!
Jeanine
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am so glad I read this AFTER my Caribbean cruise! Very good adventure/ monster story.
Peggy
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Intriguingly good story, but I wanted more.
Ravage382
Sep 01, 2015
Peter Dutcher
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it a lot.

This was my third Gurley book. The first two I read were decent, and I gave 4 stars. They'd had some editing issues. From the depths has a couple too, maybe 5 errors total, which I can easily provide to the author. In the previous books, I deducted a star for the errors. Not this time. This book was so well written and the characters so well fleshed out that I felt it would have been an injustice to deduct a star.

Well done, Mr. Gurley...very well done.

I hope there is a sequel
chris  f roantree