Start by marking “The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée

The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée

It’s wonderful to be engaged! Or at least it would be if he actually had a fiancée...

Royston is reunited with his sister at last – and she’s married and expecting! He is overwhelmed with emotion, but so caught off guard when she questions him about his love life that he makes up a crazy story about a love of his own. Now he has to produce a fiancée in a matter of hours whe

Published January 29th 2014 by Elizabeth Lennox Books (first published January 1st 2014)

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
**1.5 generous stars**

I don't like being mean, but seriously this book was a joke. Yes, it was a free novella, I appreciate that and all, but it was a waste of my time. I can't stand insta love, but if the story is good enough I can get over that. But this wasn't even a good story. I'm very disappointed. :/

I thought it would be a pleasant chick-lit kind of story, like the old movies I watch on my tv at times. But this was just bad. I didn't like the writing, the fast forward scenes, just to
Alp
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet and lovely short story.
Yona
I can't say much without spoilers, it wasn't bad but the book is short and there were too many things happening too fast...
Cheesecake
Royston and Miranda. Pretty comfortably predictable harlequin style story. Royston has reconnected with his long lost sister and can't bear to have her worry about him. SOOoooo he of course coerces a woman from his company to pretend to be his happy fiancee. Totally silly story line but entertaining with a nice HEA.
Karen
Feb 25, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The fake engagement trope is not executed at all well here. This novella is just too short for the ground the author wants to cover, so there's a lot of telling instead of showing and the transition from fake engagement to real relationship is not believable even by romance novel standards. The writing style involves a lot of exclamation points and repetition of words. I think this is set in England, but there are enough American references that it's not entirely clear.
twelvejan [Alexandria]
Ehhhh.

Such a waste of a good cover art. Both this and The Sheik's Intimate Proposition.

What I didn't like
1) She wasn't even remotely afraid of her boss
2) Story went on too fast (well, it's a short story after all)
3) Insta-love. Over the weekend, really? Bahh

What I like
1) The feisty heroine
Michelle Kaye
I'm sad to end up giving this story a low rate, but I don't feel that I have any choice.

The overall story that the 'tycoon' has told his sister that he's getting married, to stop her worrying, and needs a 'fake-financee' to show was a nice idea.

The story moves along at a reasonable rate.

Unfortunately the end completely lets it down.

----- Spoilers -----------

We are taken through the 'make-believe' weekend, and the sister tells our heroine to ask about "his teenage years".

So far all good, as we kn
Fani
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
I just love reading these short stories that this author writes. They are perfect whenever i don't want to read a big book and i just want to have something to pass time. I like how the author keeps them fun and entertaining and they always manage to take me out of a reading slump.

This particular story was no different of course! I enjoyed it very much i just wish the ending was a bit different because it seemed a little bit unrealistic. (view spoiler)
Deborah
This is one of those books when you know the end before you begin but the characters are lovely and it's a nice easy read although it has to be said that it ended a bit too abruptly for me. I wasn't sure about Wyndi all I could think of every time her name was mentioned was K9's review of The Prince's Resistant Lover on amazon, she couldn't stop laughing over Wyndi working in a diner and wondered if she'd eaten too many beans, I never did manage to read that book after that review even though it ...more
Sophia
This was just a quick modern fairy tale style romance that I grabbed up because the title caught my eye and I had never tried this author. It was free so that made it a win-win opportunity. I call it fairy tale style because it just had that type of feel to it as opposed to a more realistic tone.

It opens when Royston Carmichael is confronted by a long lost sister whom he thought was dead. She is newly married, expecting her first child and eager to see him happy.
Royston lost Wyndi when they wer
Paula Legate
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspence
I really enjoyed this book. Elizabeth Lenex is an excellent author.

I loved the banter between Royston, and Miranda. Just the way the two interacted with one another made this a fun read. Royston had just found his sister after years of not knowing where she was. He loved his sister, and would do anything to make her happy. The only thing his sister wanted, was to see Royston happy. To her that meant in a relationship. Royston needed a fake fiancé, and fast. He needed one before having diner wit
✿-Anna-✿
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-99p-or-less
The book was too short to really appreciate the potential story line, which I thought was a good idea for one... I didn't dislike the story, but it wasn't the best Short Story I've read.

You knew because of the length of the story the love between the couple was going to be POW, and it wasn't bad... I enjoyed how they started off by giving you the idea that the main couple disliked each other and then as they got to know each other they found love.

But the reason behind Royston's lying and needing
Danielle
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends
Recommended to Danielle by: I saw this on Ama zon.com for free.
Shelves: elizabeth-lennox
When Royston Carmichael was 16 years old he lost his parents to a car accident and his sister, Wyndi, was 6 years old when they were separated. Royston was just reunited with Wyndi and she is married to Prince Tamar Yarin and is expecting their first child. Wyndi is concerned about her brother’s happiness, so he lies and tells her that he is engaged to be married.

Miranda Lillith works for Royston in the financial department and had to take financial reports to Mr. Carmichael, who she thinks is
Southern
Mar 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ok in dont usually say this but that was just a complete waste of time. If I wasnt such a weirdo about finishing books I would've just laid this one down and moved on. Yea everyone loves to see a hot, dominant, rich man fall for the sweet, innocent, hard working gal but come on. This story just sucked all around. Wow I mean they fall in love and are now getting married after knowing each other 3-4 days!!! at least guve me something believable to work with here!
Karen
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked the character interactions. And I am not talking about the dirty parts..lol.. I will probably try other books from this author
Cassy Cisneros
It was okay. This was a short story, but even given it's short nature, it still felt rushed at times. The characters being rushed into situations, not much character depth. Ok, but not the best.
Gitanshi Tuteja
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's a sequel to The Prince's resistant lover and it's an OK read, I really loved the borther sister bond and how just to ease his sister's worries Royston would go through a fake engagement, still I was looking forward to some moments in Wyndi and Tamar's relationship from her brother's POV.

Easy and Quick read.
troy lish
Aug 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Too short

This was honestly too short to have any kind of character development. Not only that there was No climax, no resolution, nothing that makes a good story.
Elizabeth T. Sandifer
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

The most but fun reading! I could just see this happening to a gal in real life! Ant wait to read more stories!!
Susan
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nice escapism for an hour.
Farhana Tasneem
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Its one of those whirlwind romance where you barely understand what is happening and by the time it all makes sense there's a happily ever after leaving you smiling at the end.
Deb Goff
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light and quick

Fast and enjoyable read. Good to read before bed. Easy story to follow and a feel good one. Enjoyed it.
**✿❀  Maki ❀✿**
Oh yeah. I forgot that this book follows The Prince's Resistant Lover.

Hello again, Tamar.

I'd ask if you'd kidnapped any other naked women, but this book takes place directly after your story, so you wouldn't have had any time.

Wyndi finally gets to meet up with her long-lost brother, Royston, who had been told by the foster care system that Wyndi was dead, because he wouldn't stop running away to try to find her to take care of her. He doesn't believe her at first, until she tells him things that
Jessica
It's a quick romantic book that, in my opinion, has a comical feel about it. Its about this High business man Royston needs a fake fiancé to make his newly found sister. He asks this beauty that works for him to be his fake bride. Miranda is head strong and works for what she gets. Royston is surprised and please that they sexy beauty was smart as well to argue with. I did like this book more then its pre-descendent. This one seemed more put together.

SPOILERS!!!!

I really liked the beginning. It
Julia
Oct 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook
Heather
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bottomline is the story bordered on unbelievable but so funny and sweet I couldn't help but love it.
Story starts out with Roystons long lost sister, he thought was dead, show up in his office revealing that not only is she alive but married and expecting her first child. All she wants is for him to be happy so he lies and says he is happy and about to be married.

Enter plot: Royston not only has to find a women to be fiancee before dinner tonight but figure out how to be happy. I actually busted
Linda
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone over 18
Recommended to Linda by: Not sure
Shelves: march-2014, ebooks
I like this short story and wished that it had been longer.. I liked it enough that I'm looking up other books by Elizabeth Lennox.

Here is the write-up from Amazon:

Royston is reunited with his sister at last – and she’s married and expecting! He is thrilled, but so caught off guard when she questions him about his love life that he makes up a story about a non-existent fiancée, just to protect her gentle heart. N
Jakeisthecoolest
I will start by saying, this is not the kind of book I would normally read, but as a regular reviewer I am aware that many books of the romantic/erotic genre sit high up on the charts, so in the interest of research I decided to read one. Honestly, I am not sure what i was expecting, but I actually found the story, preposterous as it was (and I can help being curious about the nature of these books and their submissiveness of the women in a day and age when equality - but maybe that is the point ...more
Heather
No. No. No. No, no, no.

This was so bad.

Summary: Rich alpha male's sister believes the only way you can be happy is if you're getting married. So, when she confronts her brother, Royston, about being happy, instead of saying that he's dating someone, or that he's still trying to find this special someone, he tells her he's engaged.

BUT, GUESS WHAT? He's not. And he's not dating.

So, Miranda, one of his employees comes into his office, and he's like "hey, I make a lot of money, do you want to be
Adrienne
May 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was okay

There was a story here and it could have been something great but it wasn't particularly engaging. I had hoped for more substance even with the length of the "book" but there were too many holes and not enough story development. However, there is a potentially great little weekend romance story here but the author just missed the mark by skipping over all of the important relationship building dates and conversations that I assumed the character had during those long car rides out of

• Bedding The Billionaire
  • Pick Me (Reality TV Romance #1)
  • Saved By Sex (SinSity Stories)
  • Love in Washington (American Boyfriend, #2)
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Ready to Reach/Hammer and a Song (Nashville #1-2)
  • Everything You Want
  • Source One
  • Carmen's New York Climax (Carmen's New York, #1)
  • Love Burned Deep
  • Cowboy Crush (Cowboys of Fire Mountain #1)
  • The Plan (The Shamed Billionaire, #1)
  • The Awakening (The Breeding Prophecy, #1)
  • A Little Bit Cupid
  • Undressed (Ashton/Rosemoor, #3)
  • The Bootleg Billionaire: Reawakening
  • Before (Bombshells, #0.5)
  • Spectacular Stranger Book I: Wedding blues
USA Today™ best-selling author Elizabeth Lennox writes contemporary romance novels featuring sheiks, business tycoons, royalty, and other sexy rich men. Her male lead characters are smart, driven and determined, but can still be sensitive and vulnerable. Elizabeth’s female lead characters come from a variety of backgrounds. They are strong, intelligent and independent, while still feminine and car ...more
“He glared down at the tiny woman who looked startlingly, hauntingly similar to the little sister he’d tried to protect so many years” 2 likes
“protect” 2 likes