Start by marking “Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)” as Want to Read:
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)

Heir of Fire

(Throne of Glass #3)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  224,171 ratings  ·  21,662 reviews
She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.

Celaena Sardothien has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak—but at an unspeakable cost. Now she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth...a truth about her heritage that could change her life—and her future—forever.

Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon,
Published September 2nd 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Children's

To ask other readers questions about Heir of Fire, please sign up.
Gabriela Who's Chaol? XD

Who's Chaol? XD

I fell hard for Rowan. In my opinion, every epic love story starts with an equally epic friendship. I really hope they end up together, it will be something out of this world. (less)
Naomi De Guia I've been in love with Aedion ever since he was first mentioned back in CoM. I like how he's just naturally loyal to Celaena and it's clearly not…moreI've been in love with Aedion ever since he was first mentioned back in CoM. I like how he's just naturally loyal to Celaena and it's clearly not obsession. Celaena herself admitted that sometimes she felt that her bond with Aedion is stronger than the one with her parents and she also mentioned how there was something else in that bond that she couldn't identify or explain. If Aelin had a twin, Aedion would be the perfect match and not just in terms of appearances. And I just couldn't stop squealing when reading those scenes between Aedion and Aelin back when they were kids! So. Adorable. I am definitely looking forward to more Aedion scenes in the future sequels and especially his reunion with his beloved cousin. I'm also hoping to read a lot of Aedion/Aelin scenes as well.(less)

·  224,171 ratings  ·  21,662 reviews

Andreea Pop
"Enemy. Lover.
Queen."

Heir of Fire is undoubtedly one of the best books I've ever read. It certainly will be my favorite book of the year. It is gloriously long and kept me occupied for an entire day (night hours included) making me crave to find out more, but also stop reading so that the book won't end just yet.

You think you know Celaena from reading the first two books, right? Oh, but you're so so wrong. In this book we see her more than broken, relentlessly blaming herself for the fates an
Emily May
I'm not sure what to say about Heir of Fire. Perhaps I don't need to say anything beyond: it took me months to read it. And I am the kind of crazy passionate reader that finishes good books in a day or two. It's been a while since a book took me longer than a week to read.

So basically:
I liked but had issues with Throne of Glass.
I absolutely LOVED Crown of Midnight.
But this book... this book was so... bloody... sloooooowwwwwww.

I wanted to DNF it so bad. I kept moving it between my "currently read
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This is going to be a book that I will constantly be thinking about until I'm able to get my hands on the next book. It was incredible and I'm so happy with the way this story is evolving. NOW GIVE ME QUEEN OF SHADOWS.

(full video review coming soooooon)
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Initial Reaction: Holy crap. I can't breathe. Oh my god. That was epic. WHERE IS BOOK #4??

Read the full review at A Perfection Called Books

**This review contains spoilers from previous Throne of Glass books

As I'm sure you all know by now, I am obsessed with the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. I was ecstatic when Bloomsbury sent me an ARC! Picking up not long after the heart-wrenching end of Crown of Midnight, Sarah J Maas dazzles and entrances readers once more with a phenomenal third
Christine Riccio
SO GOOD. THIS SERIES. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Here's my full blown booktalk discusison with all the theories and thoughts: http://youtu.be/yRCCFlvBeu8
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
Oh god.
OH GOD
I just finished this and I cannot -- my thoughts are -- no I can't think straight.

There are so many hot guys in this book that it should be illegal.

My over-hormonal body cannot take reading about these characters while knowing that I cannot have ANY OF THEM.

There's Dorian charming the ever-loving hell out of me:

There's Aedion walking into our lives like:

Then there's Rowan:

hot damn

[inhales]

small note: Who else was reminded of Prince Ash from the Iron Fey series when reading a
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”She has no hope, Prince. She has no hope left in her heart. Help her. If not for her sake, then at least for what she represents – what she could offer all of us, you included.”
“And what is that?” he dared ask.
Emrys met his gaze unflinchingly as he whispered, “A better world.”

First of all: YES, the rumour is true!
This series really gets better and better with each and every single book! ;-)
Just thought I’d let you know! *lol*

To be honest, after “Crown of Midnight” all I hoped for was that “Hei
Teodora
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-app, ya, favorites, fantasy
5/5 ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺

*stares blankly in space trying to think a way of living life now after this book destroyed me*

I just don’t even know what can I say about this book. It’s like everything I try to say gets validated and discarded at the same time. It feels frustrating and I am still not going to cope with it any time soon.

It is always very hard for me to write reviews for the Throne of Glass books. I mean, it is somehow impossible. I thought Crown of Midnight w
Khurram
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. Sarah J Maas is becoming my favourite author. Her writing style is engaging, engrossing, intelligent, and easy to follow. Her imagination and storytelling are amazing. This story is a lot slower than the Crown of Midnight; it concentrates more on the character development.

At the end of the last book we learned not only who Celaena Sardothien really is but also what she really is. Her relationship with Chaol is in tatters. Having "suggested" to the king to send her on a mission for her
Steph Sinclair
Reasons why I didn't like this book:

- It was dull as dirt
- It was waaaaaaaay too long
- I was so tired of the angst, no matter how justified it was
- Rowan is overrated. There, I said it.
- I fell asleep listening to the audiobook over 15 times. 7 alone for the last 10%.
- The chapters with the witches felt SO POINTLESS. (BTW, the king outlawed magic, but witches are okay? dafuq? Oh well, I don't care.)
- I feel like each book follows the same plot: Celena trains. Celena fights with cute guy. Mysteri
Zoë
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEAUTIFUL. JUST SO DANG BEAUTIFUL.
I loved the new characters (except Sorscha) and it was just a wonderful book. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF MANON. AND ROWAN. AND CELAENA (duh).
Now where's my copy of Queen of Shadows?
Nick
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfection.
Miranda Reads
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-series
Ohmygosh. The Maas-ter has done it again
She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.
This one was so freaking good. Honestly, when was the last time that the third book in a series was just as good as the first?

Celaena - deadly, battered and broken - is sent to a neighboring kingdom. She must find a way to destroy the wyrdkeys to save the kingdom (and possibly the world) from the rule of a corrupt kingdom.
And then I am going to rattle the stars.
Manon - ruthless, discipli
Ben Alderson
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING BETTER THEN THE PROGRESSION OF THIS SERIES.. THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVOURITE ONE SO FAR!
Wendy Darling
4.5 bloody, beautiful stars

The adrenaline, the heartbreak, and the sweeping epicness of this story just slay me. What the hell am I supposed to do now? *weeps piteously*

Also, I imagine Manon smiling calmly as she rips out your heart. :D
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
*Reread January 2016*
Reread to refresh my memory because wow I forgot everything. This is my least favourite of the series so far, but I still loved it. I just found it to be a very informational, plot advancing book with not a lot actually happening, but I will be doing a video review for it soon so stay tuned for that!

*Originally read May 2015*

First read: June 2015
Second read: August 2016
Third read: August 2017
Fourth read: October 2018

It is EXTREMELY rare for me to cry in books, but I sobbed. This book hits me like no other. <3

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read on Audio! I'm loving these re-reads on audio, they make the world come to life. That is if you have a great narrator and Elizabeth Evans rocks it out on these books. It took me forever to listen to this one. I walked the room, colored, looked at pictures. Lol, now I have to move on to the next book after I listen to It, which will take six months!

But, still loving it! It was awesome to hear Manon in action action and everyone else! Holy crow!

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I AM IN
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
I dont think you fuckers realize how fecking amazing this book is

“So she steeled herself. “I have never told anyone this story. No one in the world knows it. But it’s mine,” she said, blinking past the burning in her eyes, “and it’s time for me to tell it.”
descriptiondescription

This series is either a love or hate for most but either way you have to admit how brilliant the writing is.
Celaena/Aelin our heroine, broken and exhausted by life
“You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love. You do not have th
Emma Giordano
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I definitely enjoyed this book more the second time around! It still is not my favorite in the series, but I'm SUPER glad I gave it another shot.

What's funny is, the first time I read Heir of Fire, I skipped over many of Manon's chapters because I just wanted to read about Celaena, but this time, I was more bored with her chapters and was WAYYY more invested in Manon's!

As Heir of Fire is what stopped me from continuing the series back in 2014, I am definitely more motivated now! I think I'm goi
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 - 3.5 Stars

Maybe I will review this later, maybe I won’t...

Regardless. The most important thing you need to know about my totally non important thoughts on this book is this:

Helloooooooo Rowan.
Hubba hubba.

Other than that, some parts moved like a ship through mud; but in the end, I really loved seeing our protagonist come into her own here. I live for special powers, yo.

But really...

Hubba hubba, ROWAN.
Regan
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was everything.
Elisabeth Wheatley
A year? I have to wait another year? I can only hope that I live that long and don't die of anguish first.

And Celanea and Chaol had BETTER get back together in this one or There. Will. Be. BLOOD.
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Sol ~ TheBookishKing
"She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one."

I know that this seems to be everyone's least favorite ToG installment, but I personally thought it was the strongest I've read (so far). Going into this series at such a late date meant I was aware of all the major spoilers before reading them, and I was truly ok with this; I like being prepared and knowing when my heart can finally focus on a coupling that may last for awhile. But seriously, I was thinking she would have a new lov
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
8/21/15 - Revised:

The only thing from my original review that needs amending is now that I'm not rushing, rushing to know ALL THE THINGS, the early POV changes no longer seem jarring and/or disruptive.

Patience . . . Not my virtue. #selfawarenessFTW

SO instead I will enumerate all the reasons why I think Chaol is an idiot manboy who doesn't deserve Celaena, and why I do NOT think he's her mate: (view spoiler)
Warda
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mitchii
Heir of Fire left me a bit conflicted.

I’m a big fan of the first two books even though I admitted how fussy I am with this genre. But this series proved me wrong—twice. Now, in the mood to read it, I braced myself with expectation based on my previous experiences. But it came to a point where all these development stirred clear from what I know of the series.

If anything else, this third installment was without a shadow of doubt a set-up. Sure, there are tons of things that needed to develop did
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#0.1-#0.5 The Assassin’s Blade ★★★★★
#1 Throne of Glass ★★★★☆
#2 Crown of Midnight ★★★★★
#3 Heir of Fire ★★★★★
#4 Queen of Shadows ★★★★★
#5 Empire of Storms ★★★★★
#6 Tower of Dawn ★★★★★

Every time I think this series can’t get any better, I read the next installment and it blows me away all over again. This was easily my favorite book in the series thus far, and I feel like it was so much more well-written and intricate than the first two—comparing Throne of Glass in particular to this is like compari
jessica
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
im running out of ways to praise the masterpiece that is SJM storytelling. she tends to be simple in her writing, but a rawness and vibrancy comes through in that simplicity, which makes the story easy to devour. and this third instalment is no exception; if anything, its even better! i loved learning more about celaenas past (which i have been desperate for since book one) and i enjoyed seeing chaol develop as a character. if i could change anything about this book, however, it would have been ...more
Yonaily
“Once upon a time,” she said to him, to the world, to herself, “in a land long since burned to ash, there lived a young princess who loved her kingdom.... very much.”

So, we're back to book one. Throne of Glass was good, but it was obvious that the book was the first in a series, because you all noticed the inconsistensies and flaws. Now we're talking about a third installment and, after how awesomely flawless Crown of Midnight was, I was expecting Heir of Fire to be just as good.

I'm gonna sta
Does anyone dislike Rowan? 29 311 Oct 13, 2019 06:47PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas - Restarting October 13th 2019 451 635 Oct 01, 2019 03:46PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Heir of Fire [Jun 15, 2019] 71 52 Jul 07, 2019 02:09AM
Time Turner Book ...: Little Game: Chapter 1 - 12 4 12 Jan 24, 2019 07:32AM
Queen Maas' Assas...: Heir of Fire ~ Post-Reading (Spoilers) 699 1769 Jan 05, 2019 08:43AM
Sorscha 66 860 Dec 20, 2018 02:01PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #3)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
“She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.” 2588 likes