Start by marking “Enduring Everything (Marked Heart)” as Want to Read:
Enduring Everything (Marked Heart)

Enduring Everything (Marked Heart #1)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
In order to put years of heartache and abuse behind her, Ren learned to bury the past deep down inside herself and focus on one thing; raising her daughter Sophia. As the years passed, she found peace in the daily routine of her job and becomes content with being a mom.

On the night of her daughter's wedding, Ren takes a risk and strays from the predictable world she has se
Published March 24th 2014 by Broken Bird Media (first published March 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Enduring Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enduring Everything

Sonya Ray
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I could not wait to get my hands on this book from the first time I heard about it when I featured author M. Sembera on my website! What a great story!

The story revolves around a promise made several years ago that a boy made to a girl. Now all grown up, Jackson is ready to make good on that promise to Ren. But a lot of life has been lived in between times and Ren's past is filled with hurts that keep her closed up emotionally.
Lori Garside
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the first book I’ve read of Ms. Sembera’s. I could tell that there was a long backstory or that I’d missed previous books. However, that in no way diminished the experience, for the history between Ren and Jacks was covered in a way that answered all my questions. And it was because of those questions that I enjoyed the book so much.

This story about overcoming one’s past is told in a fresh and unique manner! Ren obviously had a horrible past. Her routines allow her to feel that she is in
Sophie Koufes
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This novel follows Ren after the Renilla Series. Ren & Jackson battle new & old issues. Ren must face the inevitable pain that will follow when all her secret are revealed. This is a remarkable written and developed novel with no plot holes. With compelling characters that are realistic with real emotions and flaws. I love this book and this series. A sensational novel with twists & turns you won't see coming. A unparalleled writing style which I love. A must read novel & series.
Sue
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow...what an emotional and seriously deep read that was. I was gifted this book after meeting the author at a book event and this was the first time I had ever heard of her or read anything she had written.
Surviving abuse, re-kindling old emotions and love, parenting children with a firm yet loving hand and dealing with the harsh realities of a jealous and unkind world are just some of the issues tackled in this at times complicated, and yet very simple story of forgiveness and taking back you
Cynthia
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a well written story of survival of abuse along with years of heartache from the man she loved. At first I was a little confused to what was going on, it didn’t take me long to catch up. I am guessing there were books before this one where it may have laid the ground work for me. It didn’t take away from the story just make it move a little slower for me to catch up.

This is a story about overcoming ones past, learning to move on and letting the past go. Abuse is a terrible thi
Becca Sellers
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow....it's amazing what love can endure! Miss Sembera definitely showed this fact throughout the entirety of the book!

Ren and Jackson have a love that endures and lasts and flourishes.

Ren comes from a home from which she is physically abused and ends up going into an abusive relationship as an adult. She leaves the relationship once she discovers that she's pregnant...very few people know this fact and that's the way Ren wants to keep it.

Jackson has loved Ren pretty much since the first time he
Patti
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Never let the past dictate your life. For Ren, this was a challenged for faced her whole life.

Ren's life has been nothing but abuse both physically and mentally; with the happiness she has in her life, her lovely daughter Sophia. With Sophia's father out of the picture, a marriage that only lasted for a year, and an abusive past no one ever wishes to experience, Ren never thought to share a happy life with anyone ever again. That is until Jackson Thomas proposed and declared his love for her.

W
Jenn
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first to read this author. This book is written in Ren's POV taking place in a smaller town, which I really enjoyed. Overall, I felt the main story-line was good and intriguing and I felt the ending was well written, allowing this book to be a possible standalone. The beginning of the story was a bit confusing and hard to follow. A lot of characters were introduced all at once and I had to go back and forth to keep up. I am actually still uncertain of a few characters. There were a f ...more
Marjorie
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Given To Me For An Honest Review

M. Sembera's book Enduring Everything: A Marked Heart Novel is a book that isn't a must read it's a HAVE to read. It will have you on the edge of your seat once you begin until you finish it. It is a real page turner and you will turn page, after page and after page. It is about Ren who leaves her abusive husband to find another place to begin over again. She and her daughter, Sophia, find a town that they decide is a good place to start over. Ren meets Jackson. I
M.E. Lorde
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this romance novel. The character development was perfectly satisfying, with realistic quirkiness that brought them all to life. The drama which surrounded the characters was realistic too, as was the romance that was woven masterfully within the plot. I was rooting for several different characters during the book ( I don’t do spoilers), and was very happy with the choices that they decided on when all was said and done. This was a well written, well edited enjoyable read. If you enjoy s ...more
Sassy Southern
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I would give this book 4 stars. A woman trying to put years of heartache and abuse behind her, by just focusing all her energy into raising her daughter finally try to capture her own happiness. But how it sometimes is in real life it always doesn't work out that way.And for me that's one of the best parts of this book was it seemed real. They are others books that touch on these same characters that I haven't read and don't think I would need to but I am because I really liked this book and the ...more
Gloria
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and its characters, I laughed, I cried and I just plain had a great time reading this book, it is not to be overlooked! The author gave me a book I feel I could read over and over again, it's truly something special and she has a real talent for writing and pulling you into the storyline, if you haven't read this book please pick it up and give it a go, you won't be disappointed in any way!!!!!
Teresa Derrick
Marked Hearts Series should be on your read list.

Excellent book. Once again the author does not fail to tug at the heart. Ren raised and married her daughter off. She is ready to move on with her life with Jackson or is she. Jackson wants to be the man in her life and their marriage should make that easier, right ? Rent has some issues to deal with before she can participate in life and helping an abused teen to cope makes her realise it.
Nicole
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I think it was my favorite in the series! M. Sembera is a master at relationships and the little nuances that make them real and believable. I lose myself in her story and laugh and cry with the characters. This novel finds Ren dealing with past issues long buried. Can she overcome? As everything is seeming to unravel, she finds healing in an unlikely and unwanted place. This novel proves that love can endure everything.
Michelle
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ren stays busy with raising her daughter Sophia after her heartache of years of abuse after her daughters wedding she decides to and be with Jackson a long time friend and she has found some one to love and ? You will have to read it loved this books steamy and awesome read I got it free for an honest review. Michelle
Kasey
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having read the Rennillia series, this book was a wonderful book to wrap up Ren and Jacks' story!! I already loved the Rennillia characters (even if Ren makes me yell out loud) I enjoyed getting to know the new characters as well!!!!! I am a sucker for a love story and say; thanks M. Sembera! Two thumbs up!!!!!
Peggy
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well written story of survival of abuse from one man. How Sophia does it. Finished this book quickly because I wasn't able to put it down! I wanted to know more! I needed to know more! I wanted to keep reading what Sophia does next and you will want to know too! From misery to survival and strength, she gives it her all! Great read!
Mistee  Lemaster
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wan to start off with the fact that this book is my little piece of teardom. everyone has that movie or book that makes them cry and I have found my new cry baby book!!! Pack the Tissues before you read because I was not prepared for the tears. Rennellia and Jackson are my couple... I have rooted for them since ......forever...... but this was not what I expected.
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
what a great story....at first I was very confused and was thinking...have a missed a book? but I soon got completely hooked. the characters are great....and it's nice to see characters with names that are unusual....auggie, ren, braden, emerson, amila. phenomenal. looking forward to reading more from this author.
H.W. Vivian
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely sequel to The Rennillia Series. Reading Enduring Everything kind of made me think of my mother, and the things she had to endure for me, and also for herself. The characters are all very relatable, and I really liked the ending. Wonderful read!
A.C. Haury
M. Sembera is a master of creating realistic characters that I have a vested interest in. This is not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination. The relationships in her book were real, poignant and heart tugging. I can't wait to read more by this author and I highly recommend this book!
Paula Genereau
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from page 1. I loved how it showed a struggle for Ren to help a young girl. Plus the love a man could hold for one woman for so long. Great book :)
Kathryn Synoracki
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Great struggles and storyline that women can relate to! Highly recommend!
Donna Jones
Karen L. McCullough
Mar 24, 2017
  • Second Bite
  • So Right With You
  • The Game: Book One(The Game, #1)
  • A Prince for Jenny (Touched By Angels, #2)
  • The Prince's Ex
  • Beautifully Unbroken
  • Between Before and After
  • Tyson Caine (Brothers in Arms #1)
  • What goes around comes around (Lily's Story #1)
  • Chronicles of a Lincoln Park Fashionista
  • Only in Time (Mystique Antiques, #1)
  • Wine & Whiskey (Surviving Absolution, #1)
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • A Discreet Betrayal
  • Fighting for Arielle
  • Tess in Boots
  • Player in Paradise
  • Point of Submission
Romance author M. Sembera writes novels that will make you fall in love, laugh, cry, swoon and believe in second chances. She likes to write strong, flawed, relatable characters and throw them into complicated situations with a bit of humor.

A coffee addict and tea lover, M. plots her novels while highly caffeinated. Since biting the bullet and publishing her first novel in 2010, she has released b
More about M. Sembera

Marked Heart (4 books)
  • One Penny (Marked Heart)
  • Charlotte (Marked Heart)
  • Marked Heart (Marked Heart)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be