Start by marking “Almost Paradise (Aloha, #2)” as Want to Read:
Almost Paradise (Aloha, #2)

Almost Paradise

(Aloha #2)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  301 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Almost Paradise (book two in the contemporary romance Aloha Series)

Angela Carson's life is not unfolding according to plan. She's twelve years behind the curve in her search for love, marriage and babies. In that order.

Survivor of an explosion that killed his buddy, former Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal tech Billy Everrett doesn't believe he deserves a life of his ow
Published January 29th 2014 by Indie House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Almost Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Paradise

Melody Cox
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4.25 Stars***

This was quite a good book that I highly recommend. You will benefit greatly by starting at the beginning of the series.

This is a story about Angela Carson whose life doesn't seem to be going as planned. All she has ever wanted is love, a husband and a few children. It just hasn't happened yet and she fears it never will. She needs to make a new plan and figure out what she wants most in life and whether she will go after it. She is a realtor by trade and for two years she has be
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great second book in the series! Two traumatized individuals end up forgiving themselves & finding a way to make their relationship work. Along the way, we gain a better understanding of characters introduced in the first of the series & where their lives are. The characters are complex & well developed. The plot takes unexpected turns here & there but the flow is perfect. This book will work as a standalone even though it's part of a series.
Melody Cox
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***4.25 Stars*** The Sweet and Clean Version

This is a story about Angela Carson whose life doesn't seem to be going as planned. All she has ever wanted is love, a husband and a few children. It just hasn't happened yet and she fears it never will. She needs to make a new plan and figure out what she wants most in life and whether she will go after it. She's a realtor by trade a
Irene S
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All Angela wanted since she was a young girl was to fall in love, get married and have children. With her biological clock ticking quickly, Angela isn't sure that she can achieve all her dreams. Billy, a co-owner of the Dive Shop and former Special Forces diver and explosive expert, won't go in the water or a boat. With the dive shop business growing faster than they can find dive instructors, Billy buries himself in the office instead. After Angela passes out in the Dive Shop, Angela and Billy ...more
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KimberlyDawn
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Almost Paradise is second book in the Sweet Aloha series. Angela's biological clock is ticking. Loudly. She is beyond ready for marriage and babies. Billy has been more or less hiding out at work. They've known each other, but suddenly find themselves really getting to know each other. Could each of them meet the other's needs? I really enjoyed this book. Definitely one to pick up!
Monica
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is just no denying Chris Keniston's incredible writing skills. She can weave a story that draws in a reader with her life-like characters with their fun, drama and sweet HEA like no other. Billy and Angela's story is particularly touching and heart wrenching. This entire series is incredible!

I received a copy of this book and offer this review.
Coral Mitchell
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billy is carrying the blame of his last mission and decided he doesn't deserve happiness. Angela is still searching for Mr Right and knows her dreams are not going to happen. Billy is great and one of the best of his group. I loved this clean edition of their story.
Debbie Borthwick
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this book by Chris! I had a lot of chuckles while reading it, it was a really fun book to read. At the same time, Chris did a great job telling the story of the problems Billy and Angela had to overcome. I recommend this book, you will love it, too.
Jkcrimm
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Aloha series. See how Nick’s buddy Billy fares in his love story. This story takes you into an honorable mans issues with a war injury and how he overcomes them. Angela is a great addition to the Crew and a great match for Billy. Pick this up today!
Paula
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Billy has baggage and Angela is running out of time - baby wise. Their attraction snuck up on them - really liked that. There are sparks but is he her Mr. Right for now or for forever? Love that it is a sweet and clean romance.
Monique E. Lacroix
Another wonderful story.

Sweet,, some tension but not too much. Loved the lean and sweet so I didn't have to skip pages all the time. Thanks!
Ashley Lavering
Ok

It felt like the plot just didn't go anywhere. There was all this fuss and the nothing happened. But I did like the internal struggles. That was well done.
Sharon
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I enjoyed reading this book. Bill and Angela were interesting. I enjoyed this book as much as the first one and am looking forward to the next one.
Donna
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great!!!!

Another great read by the author!!!! Never a repeat of the stories. I can imagine myself as the young lady with her man!! You must read!!!
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this series is really good so far. I am enjoying it.
Linda T May
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I loved it! I couldn't put it down. Not an action book, but easy to get involved with the people.
Jessie Collins
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second book in the Aloha Series, Almost Paradise does it again in a big way! Chris has written a whale of a love story about two traumatized people who keep on going, yet have not really come to terms with their issues. This plus ignoring the problem has a huge effect on their lives.

Billie Everett is Nick Harper’s Dive Shop partner, best friend and former Navy Diver. Billie was injured on a Navy Dive Operation that took the life of another diver. This was compounded by a below knee amputation a
Teresa
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Almost Paradise is a fantastic addition to the series

This time the co owner of Big Island Dive, Billy, gets to have his story in the Aloha Series and you will definitely fall in love with Angela.

Billy lost his leg while trying to disable a bomb in Afghanistan but he also lost his best friend, Joe, for which he blames himself for his death. Since the accident, he refuses to go diving or skipper any of the boats. Because of the popularity of the children/junior dive class, he must get over his fea
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I loved Almost Paradise as much as I have loved the other two books in the series. Some authors just know how to make characters touch us and become important to us; Chris Keniston is definitely one of those authors. The characters in the Aloha Series own my heart. They feel so real that they could be friends and other people I know. The taste of suspense that touches each stories just adds to wonderful character based plots. Romance the way I want to see it. Life isn't easy and people serious f ...more
Stephanie Collier
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wonderful read!

I am loving these books! The love, friendships, the struggles that are being overcome! What a great group of friends! I don't want to give away the details! You need to read this to understand! This book makes you believe in the knight in shining armor and his white horse! Or Richard gere riding up in his white limo climbing the fire escape...when you read this book you will understand this reference! I can't wait for the next book in this series!!
Janeiowa
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This #2 in the Aloha series started out slow for me. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but suddenly I was involved in the storyline and with the characters. From that point on, I didn't want to stop reading.

These characters faced some very tough issues....from a biological ticking clock to a former miltary spec ops guy with probably PTSD and guilt about how others of his men were injured.

I continue tomenjoy this series, and I'm off to buy #3.
Megan
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I read the Kindle version of this and there was a very distracting amount of formatting issues. When two characters are having a conversation, each new line by one person is a new line or paragraph. I couldn't always differentiate who was talking.

And the punctuation left a lot to be desired.

BUT the story was nice, I suppose, and I mostly liked the characters, yada yada.
Frau Ott
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A quick read from my Nook with a free download of the three Aloha books. This centered on Angela and Billy. Angela wants a baby - and is approaching the age where that might no longer be possible. She also has endometriosis which makes it difficult to conceive. She and Billy, a veteran who lost a leg in the war learn the importance of living each day as it comes.
Judy
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is book number 2 of the Aloha series. Picked right off where number 1 in the series left off! Billy has issues to overcome, and it was such an enjoyable story! It was funny, sad and frustrating reading his story! I loved this book! I look forward to future books in this series!
Kim
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet endearing story

This is a quick read that turned out to be a very sweet and endearing story. This is the third Alpha Series book I have read. They all have been very good stories. Well worth reading.
Maria
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very, very good story: no instantaneous sex, superb characterization and an extremely well done wounded hero. And the breathtaking natural scenery, of course.
Toni Lombardo
Mar 20, 2018
Aborrelli
Feb 08, 2015
Kim
Feb 06, 2016
  • High Country Hideout (Covert Cowboys, Inc. #7)
  • Solid Steel (Unseen Enemy, #6)
  • The Perfect Fit (Riley O'Brien & Co., #4)
  • His Everlasting Love: 50 Loving States, Virginia
  • Look Again (Echo Platoon, #0.5)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Soldier Mine (Sons of War, #2)
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy
  • Hot Soldier Boxed Set
  • Striking Distance (Colby Agency, #16)
  • Saved by a SEAL
  • The Lady and the Lion (Once Upon A Time, #5)
  • The Teacher (The Original Sinners, #0.1)
  • The Escort
  • Gentle Persuasion (Kismet #158)
  • Blind Heat
  • Circling Back
  • Winter Wedding Bells (A Bride for All Seasons)
A native New Yorker, Chris Keniston was on her way to Australia when she fell in love with North Texas. Little did she know the balmy seventy-degree October days would turn into fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk heat in August!

Twenty years later, she started scribbling short stories about her favorite TV shows, giving them lives more to her liking - and the elusive happy ending. Not long after, a dear fr

Aloha (9 books)
  • Shell Game (Aloha #0.5)
  • Aloha Texas (Aloha, #1)
  • Mai Tai Marriage (Aloha, #3)
  • Dive Into You (Aloha, #4)
  • The Look of Love (Aloha, #5)
  • Love By Design (Aloha, #6)
  • Love Walks In (Aloha, #7)
  • Waikiki Wedding: Unforgettable Nights in Hawaii (Aloha Series Book 8)
“Plan for the best, expect the worst, and be prepared to be surprised.” 0 likes