Start by marking “A Betty Neels Christmas: A Christmas Proposal\Winter Wedding” as Want to Read:
A Betty Neels Christmas: A Christmas Proposal\Winter Wedding

A Betty Neels Christmas: A Christmas Proposal\Winter Wedding

Two holiday romances by a treasured bestselling author celebrate the warmth and joy of the season. In A Christmas Proposal, Dr. Oliver Hay-Smythe sets out to rescue a modern-day Cinderella. In Winter Wedding, nurse Emily Seymour falls in love with Professor Reinier Jurres-Romeijn, who is busy preparing for a winter wedding. But who is the bride?
Published September 24th 2002 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Betty Neels Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Betty Neels Christmas

Rane
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rane by: Linda

Simple and sweet, I can understand how Betty Neels can be a turn-off for some readers and beloved by others. Her stories can be a tad formulaic but there's something sorta simple and easy going in her works.

A Christmas Proposal 4 Stars: is a classic Cinderella story with the evil step-mother and beautiful evil step-sister pushing around the somewhat plain Cinderella - Bertha whom happens to be very kind-hearted but gets stepped on by her step-mother and sister. Then at a party she meets her Pri
Arec Rain
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I always love Betty Neels books. They are guilty pleasures. There is nothing particularly special or spectacular about them, and they are simplistic in every way. Yet, I still enjoy them.
HR-ML
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: anthology, christmas, cr
These stories were copyrighted respectively in 1996
& 1979. It's obvious Ms Neels knew how to write.

1) A Christmas Proposal. 4 stars
England.
Had elements of Cinderella & the novel Persuasion.
The latter involved the H courting (?) a woman to make
the h jealous. The heroine's stepmother & stepsister (the
steps) dictated what she'd do ea. day. She had no spend-
ing money, and ill-fitting hand-me-downs from stepsis.
The hero helped her blossom, explore freedom & find love.
I so wanted
Marie
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great Christmas read and feel-good book. There is no sex in Betty Neels books, but it's a very sweet romance.
Sruthi
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: betty-neels
I liked the first story very much. Second was the usual Betty Neels thing.
Teri-K
Contains two previously published books.

A Christmas Proposal is a real Cinderella story. Poor Bertha has a nasty step mother and sneaky, vain stepsister named Clare. Her father is absent for work and she's at the mercy of these two. For some reason she catches the eye of rich doctor Oliver Hay-Smythe. Though some of this story is really unlikely, there are enough of the details Neels does well to make it fun to read. Length-wise it felt like a novella. 2.5 stars

Winter Wedding is a full length no
Tonya Warner
In "A Christmas Proposal" Bertha wins the heart of Oliver. Having been stuck in the shadow of her beautiful step-sister, Bertha never dreamed she could be treasured as Oliver grew to treasure her.

In "Winter Wedding" Emily works thru the daunting task of taking care of her twin, baby, niece and nephew, as well as caring for her teenaged sister. Working as a nurse adds to her problems, but hearing Renier state that he believed her to be a plump, plain, prim miss and wanted a blonde who could grow
Geraldine Sullivan-clark
Another wonderful Betty Neels' read

I discovered my first Betty Neels' book two years ago and have reread it several times with enjoyment! I love this one too and have just reread it for the third time. This is another feel good story with romance and humor! I recommend her books ti everyone!
Spinneretta
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
After binge reading a bunch of Betty Neels books, I am reminded why I like her old fashioned, rather chaste romances. Filled with all things quintessentially British, these romances are fun, light-hearted reads.
Nenya
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First story: 5stars. Manipulative, cruel stepnother and stepsister. Very sweet hero.
2nd story: 3 stars. Horrid younger sister; elder sister's twins' babysitting; H out to make her jealous. Did not like that :(
Overall, 4 stars. Let's round that up to 5 ;)
Amyclare111
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Corresponde al primer libro
Teri Pre
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Ms. Neels tells a nice story.
Janet
Oct 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Wonderful. Actually two books, A Christas Proposal (with NOT a RDD) and Winter Wedding.
Mudpie
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two delightful Cinderella-ish Christmas romances!

In the first, A Christmas Proposal, Bertha had the real life nasty stepmother and stepsister from hell! Luckily clever Oliver saw right through it all and cleverly manipulated these two to help Bertha as much as he could, coming to her ultimate rescue by making her his wife! The fairy godmother was not the least expected! So sweet!

In the second story, a Winter Wedding...it's a let down but more in the spoilers. I still love the story because it a
June
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Neels fans and innocent Christmas romance requests
2 sweet innocent Christmas romances

An updated Cinderella retelling where a Doctor notices a badly dressed plain girl at a ball and discovers that she is being taken advantaged of by her step mother and step sister.

Emily overhears a consultant saying he doesn't want her as his nurse and calling her plain and prim. Emily decides she will work with him since the patient is her old professor. However, that doesn't mean she will let the Doctor forget. Can he win her over despite his rude beginning?
Sandra
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Either I missed something or the first story ("A Christmas Proposal", a Cinderella-type romance) had nothing to do with Christmas. As for "Winter Wedding," it was so similar to the first Betty Neels book I read just a couple months ago (Saturday's Child) that it was weird. I've heard Neels was a prolific writer, so now I'm wondering if she just rewrote the same thing over and over. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm curious enough to read more and find out.
Evelyn
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy the clean romance of Betty Neels. These two stories were fun to read.
Michelle
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

If you enjoy your romances clean, light, fluffy and vintage then you will enjoy the wonderful work of Betty Neels
Sydney Lawrence
Oct 08, 2016
Robin
Sep 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Lone Star Christmas (Hawk's Way, #11; Long, Tall Texans, #18)
  • Jingle Bell Babies (After the Storm, #6)
  • Blind Promises
  • Child of the May (Forestwife Saga, #2)
  • A Gem of a Girl
  • Syndrome
  • One Shenandoah Winter
  • Bryson City Seasons: More Tales of a Doctor’s Practice in the Smoky Mountains
  • Amorous Liaisons (Harlequin Blaze, #425) (Lust in Translation, #6)
  • Forgotten Husband (Santanas Men, #1)
  • Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1)
  • The Crazy Christmas Caper
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • Substitute Wife
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years.(This stood her in good stead later for the tribulations to come with the Second World War). She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and Stat ...more