Start by marking “Partners in Crime” as Want to Read:
Partners in Crime

Partners in Crime

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  56 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Gun, badge... and a swear jar?

Detective Faye Kane is a good cop. So when she smells a rat in her city she follows the facts no matter where they lead even if it’s right to Philadelphia’s own philanthropist and hopeful new mayor, Martino “Millie” Maliano. But after a rough day, sometimes even a cop needs to feel like a woman.

Enter Ian “Griff” McManus, rumored lead problem
Paperback, 1, 270 pages
Published April 29th 2014 by Staccato Publishing (first published April 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Partners in Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partners in Crime

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Jaime Radalyac
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*Book received for a blog tour for an honest review*

hold on to your new reading seats! A great entrance into the world of reading!
If I took the time out to place a review, then you know its gotta be good!

A new hot steamy read with a plot is so very hard to come by.
Downey Greene did this seamlessly! A perfect lazy sick in bed Sunday read.

My fave character? Leah. I just love her. she's sassy and quick witted with a potty mouth. love that about her.

Faye and Griff the two MCs are ve
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Well since I helped write it...I am going to toot our horn!!! :)
My Secret Book Spot
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
“Partners in Crime” by Downey Greene
3 out of 5 stars

“Partners in Crime” has a little bit of everything…drama, intrigue, love, sex, and a small dose of comedy. It’s a world of good guys, bad guys, and the ones who straddle the line. Expect a lesson in black and white and how the color of choice is sometimes gray.

Faye is a vice detective bent on proving herself to her boss and the world. On the outside she has a hard shell but it’s only to hide the deep insecurities l
Lynne Blair
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book by accident I thought I was pre-ordering it! I was given the option to return it but there was no way I was not going to read this book since I harassed the author into pursuing her dreams! I am aware that this was a first book and took that into consideration while reading but really it wasn't needed. I found the book colorful and enticing even though there were some minor blips. There were times I was on the edge of my seat and there were times I was in my husbands lap! (h ...more
Suzanne Ortoleva
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Rarely review books but since I bullied Downey for an advanced copy I guess I owe her a review. If this was a book from a seasoned author I would have said that it was a "good read". Considering that this is the first book from these authors, I am truly impressed! I laughed, winced, got choked up, and told my husband to send the boys to the movies once while reading Partner's in Crime. I just wish had thought to have him read the part with the spoon ahead of time;) I will be reading the edited ...more
Laura Moore
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Galley provided graciously by the publisher for an honest review**

I loved Partners in Crime. Debut authors Downey Greene have delivered a heart-stopping and edgy romantic suspense tale with two great principal characters, Faye and Griff. The plot has plenty of twists and double crosses and Griff as an alpha bad-boy really keeps everyone guessing. The action is raw, gripping, and the sex is, well, fiercely sexy! It's a book you won't be able to put down so make sure you clear your evenin
Lynne Donato
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! I received an arc copy from Amazon by accident and I'm sure glad I did. This romance novel has everything you need murder, suspense, humor and sex. The characters are witty and the sex well it's very steamy. The two new authors really did a great job and I can't wait for the next installment.
Karen
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Partners in Crime is Sexy With A Plot. A full course meal and I gobbled up every morsel.

This story starts off with a bang when a sexy detective falls for an indelicate bad boy. Faye and Griff are two hot characters on their own, but when you put them together, whoa – watch out. These ladies know how to do it right.
Teresa  -Poised Pen Productions
A Great Debut From Downey Greene
I really enjoyed this book! The action starts right away and doesn't slow down! I love a book with strong female characters and Downey Greene certainly deliver. A fast-paced, action-packed, sexy ride!
Cindy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Downey Greene has burst onto the scene with an erotic little gem that is sure to burn up many a e-readers with its steamy sex. Oh its not just all sex there is suspense and plenty of humor too in this debut book. If you’re looking for a new erotic suspense author give this book a try.
Sharon
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really great story! I loved the writing of this book so much, the fact that it wasn't overly descriptive yet it gave great detail was a home run for me! Griff is a sex God! Faye is a kick ass lead who never let me down by complaining and feeling sorry for herself! Can't wait to see what's next!
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
As an enforcer to the largest crime boss in town, Griff has had to learn to stay in the shadows. Never allowing his true intentions to be seen. Yet the moment the fiesty policewoman, Faye walks into his boss’s bar he knows he can no longer stay in the darkness. She calls to a side of him that he rarely lets come out to play. But Faye is walking a tightrope of danger and Griff knows he’ll have to step in if she’s going to have any chance of walking away from this case.

All Faye wanted
Julia
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer**
When you buy this book be prepared to have something caffeinated (i.e. coffee, tea, and or an energy drink) once you get passes the words "Chapter One" you'll realize this isn't you run of the mill book.
This is book starts off with a bang and hold your attention, up until the wee hours of the a.m.( so read on a weekend or a day off). We find Faye, throwing the one hell of a fit, of course who can blame her, but while not looking for anything but a way to forget she finds our o
Jaycee
May 1, 2014

Review of PARTNERS IN CRIME, by Downey Greene. Review by Jaycee, for Books ‘N Cozy Spots Book Reviews. www.Talon-ps.com
*purchased*

4.5 stars:

PARTNERS IN CRIME is the initial offering of a pair of writers, Maureen Downey and Alison Greene. And I can safely say from my perspective, and I think I’m a pretty picky reader, that they have busted their book cherry in fine style.

I am in love with this story. I am in love with these characters, and their quirk
Pat
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gritty, very sexy, occasionally humorous exciting read. It's set in a corner of Philadelphia known as "The Block. " I finished it in a single sitting.

Detective Faye Kane is a good cop, who at the moment is out of her mind angry. She is punishing her apartment by throwing anything she can find, while screaming at herself for taking her boyfriend back and letting him cheat on her, again. With her best friend! Rather, Kat used to be her best friend. She decides she needs to hi
Tina
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
***THIS ARC BOOK WAS GIVEN TO ME IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Tina,#NerdGirlMama’s Review

PARTNERS IN CRIME a debut novel by Maureen Downey and Alison Greene, and it has everything from good guys to bad guys and guys dabbling on both side of the fence. This book is full of crime, suspense, intrigue, lust, love, sex, foul language, and a bit of humor. These two writers blended their writing styles into a novel that felt real and believable, which allowed the story to
Mandie Foxylutely
*ARC provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review for the blog tour.

This is the debut book by authors Downey Greene and a good mix of erotic suspense and romance.

Faye Kane is a tough detective and on her radar is Martino ‘Millie’ Maliano, who on the surface appears to be a model citizen, Faye knows there is more to this and she intends to find out. However she then finds out his right hand man is none other than the man she had a hot night of passion with Ian ‘Griff’
Kris
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well I didn't just like this book! I LOVED IT!! Ian/ Griff is the total manly man with tats and a pension for back alley sluts! hes yummy to look at and knows what to do with it! he finds faye in a back alley bar (sigh) and well the combustion was just too much for them to handle! :-) fay has a mouth like a sailor and has to pay for it which she doesnt have a problem with at all since well umm she likes the way she is and so does Griff! I so totally didn't see some of the plot coming good cops, ...more
Taisheena Rayne
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Partners in Crime by Downey

It was a pleasure being introduced to Downey Greene’s writing. I found the story to be intriguing and engaging. The scenes are set up nicely, though sometimes wordy. I loved watching the reactions the characters have to each situation.

It was delightfully fun to watch the whole back and forth as the main characters lived their lives not seeing the twists and turns that were around each corner. The plot kept me reading page after page.

I was gifted this book
Big Joe  Rossi
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
After finding out her boyfriend banged her best friend, Detective Faye Kane goes out for a bender at her local bar, and meets a mysterious man, Griff/Ian and ends up in a sultry situation in a dark alley.

Later Det Kane finds out the man she banged in a dark alley is the right hand man to the man, Millie, she is trying to take down. uh-oh!!!!!

This is a nicely wooven web of who is good? who is bad? Nothing is as it seems. No one is as clear cut as written. No one, absolutel
Stephanie
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Xandi
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I was able to sit down and finally read this book, It took me on a fast-paced, high-octane ride that I thought for a minute, I was on a roller-coaster. For a first debut, these beautiful young ladies have outdone themselves. Griff??? What can I say. Sweetheart and sweet talker all the way. And has met his match with Faye, his Sugar. Now I am waiting for the next one in the series to come out to give me just the same ride. Downey Greene, you ladies are driven and I am speechless.
Carmilla
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a sexy page-turner, this is a book for you.
It was funny, well paced and had just the right amount of action. The steamy hot scenes merged perfectly with the plot.
I'd say pretty AMAZING for the first book published! This author duo made me want to read more. I can't wait for the next installment!
Oh and one more thing: HOT HOT HOT (or maybe I already mentioned it?).
Kudos to the new writers! I envy your determination and story telling.
Caroline Angel
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic first entry book that will keep you on the edge of your seat! I challenge you to try putting it down! This is a book that will leave you breathless (in more ways than one) right to the end. If I can give you any advice, it's to grab this one for a night of guilty pleasure. Yo will not be sorry!
Concetta
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'll come right out and it, I don't normally read this genre but they had me at swear jar. Downey-Greene you ladies really have done it, there is for me a great balance between luscious scenes as well content. Some books in this genre forget to grow their characters and in this book they seem to develop more every page and it just gets hotter and hotter. Can't wait for book two!
Melissa Cheslog
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steamy! Sexy! Thrilling! Suspenseful! This was a great debut novel! Faye is a determined and stubborn detective! Griff is 'working' for a well known mob boss. No one is innocent until all the information is known. The plot twists and turns and is very well written. This book is action packed and captivating. I look forward to more from Downey Greene!
Roxanne
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quick summer read that your partner won't mind you reading since they will benefit from the descriptive and sizzle scenes that stay true to the characters. I will read the other books that are sure to follow.
Moira
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Defintely a page turner, bad guys, nasty cops, cars blowing up and hot sex.
April
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a ride! I loved it from the first chapter and didn't want to put it down. The story of Faye,with her potty mouth ( I can relate lol) and her mysterious guy in a bar. The relationship that evolves , even through the craziness around her was out and steamy . Her struggle to go with her gut or her heart was relatable . His struggle to keep her safe while not being able to stay away from her while the scumbags in her life surround her was swoon worthy . I just wanted MORE!!!! Downey Greene's fi ...more
Amy
Apr 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
I believe that I have matured in my reading choices in that I want more of a plot than just a lot of hot sex!
WE…yes you read right. We are two separate individuals who met in a writing group on FB. In this group we dabbled in writing and hit it off, each liking the other’s strengths and complimenting the other’s weaknesses. When the opportunity presented to Downey to submit to a publisher she approached Greene to join her in the journey. Both with hectic lives they took turns writing, swapping ideas and ...more