Start by marking “Liam Davis & The Raven” as Want to Read:
Liam Davis & The Raven

Liam Davis & The Raven

(Love Inscribed #1)

Liam Davis is a serious journalist, and he’s good at it.

Or at least, he was. Until the chief of Scribe, the campus magazine, makes him give up his politics column to write for the party page—the party page that is problematic for two reasons: One, it threatens Liam’s chance of getting the traineeship with his apathetic father at his prestigious newspaper company, and two,
Published March 15th 2014 by Anyta Sunday (first published March 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Liam Davis & The Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liam Davis & The Raven

Start your review of Liam Davis & The Raven
☆ Todd
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it

I sadly didn't feel the "we are entirely inevitable" romance between Liam and Quinn at the usual level that I'm used to from Anyta, but I did still like them both a lot.

Also, one trademark of her quirky, out-of-touch characters is that, in spite of their blunt awkwardness, they're pretty much always charming, but I didn't completely get that from Liam here.

His inner monologue seemed to be significantly more aloof than usual for me to develop those deep feelings of knowing him and what he truly
Nancy
Cross-posted at Outlaw Reviews and at Shelf Inflicted

Liam Davis is a student journalist writing for the campus magazine, hoping to gain apprenticeship at his father’s firm. In order for him to accomplish that, he needs to hold an editorial position for two years. He works hard and believes the features editor position is a possibility in the very near future, but Chief Benedict wants the students to be challenged. So he reassigns everyone to different positions. To Liam’s consternation, he is a
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

A nice read but not my favorite by this author, I'm afraid.

After my explosion of enthusiasm for Anyta Sunday's, Taboo For You, I think I was expecting a bit too much out of this one. Superficially, the two books have some similarities: Both are friends-to-lovers, sexuality discovery story, a slow burn romances. I am a huge sucker for a slow burn romance AND sexuality discovery story so I thought this one would be an automatic winn
Virginia Cavanillas
4.5 you are so much better than a cat stars

Let’s just say this week won’t win an award to best week ever. And let’s also say that sometimes reading saves us from madness, and sadness or whatever we’re going through. So, when I heard Anyta Sunday was gifting her readers with this goodie I jumped (literally and figuratively) and downloaded it on my kindle. And the next I knew (and I’m gonna say it in my usual cheesy ways) it’s that a shiny ray lighted up my clouded day convincing me that you ca
Barbara
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, br
Another fabulous BR with my friends - Isabel and Eva!

HERE

I had a real pleasure reading this story!

We are introduced to Liam, who is honest, blunt, but focus only in is passion - journalism and the goals he wants to achieve, so social life … none.

Quinn is great too, it’s so sweet to see the way he gets under Liam's defences, and love the part of Liam´s experiments and tests to make sure of what he feels. But Hunter
was really my favourite character alongside with Liam, because he is funny, s
Isabel
This my second book by Anyta Sunday, and I like her writing, but it lacked on warmth and passion between the MC's.

Liam is an obsessed man with his life goals... he wants to become a great journalist, and his mind is completely focused on that! He is blunt, direct, intelligent, but he has almost none social skills. So when he meets Quinn, a flirtatious man by nature, his responses are very entertaining, so deprived of flirt they are. Quinn has some difficulties understanding what goes on Liam's c
Giulio
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liam Davis’ life is almost totally focused on his career in journalism. He is a smart guy, a bit clumsy and has a sort of deadpan humor.
He is not a workaholic neither a nerd: he is just different from most of his peers. His unexpected assignment to the party-page of the University’s newspaper will change his life for the better with new friends and something more. On the background a nice mystery plot involving a dark and enigmatic vigilante.

The story is told from Liam’s POV but every single c
Mandy*reads obsessively*

4.25*
This was such an awesome read.

We have Liam, he's clumsy, blunt, oblivious, a bit socially awkward, honest, helpful, thoughtful, strangely astute, loyal and very passionate about his writing and any other goal he sets himself.
I absolutely loved him.

“As a reporter, I’d learned to tamper down my feelings so I could focus on delivering facts. And I was good at it, because emotion didn’t come easily to me.”

But he is also lonely and has to deal with some jerks at the newspaper along with trying
Ami
I love stories that are not mainly about romance but about friendship as well -- and this latest from Anyta Sunday (also the 4th story I read from her) just fits the bill. It's definitely a home turf of Ms. Sunday.

Liam Davis is frustratingly adorable :). He's socially awkward -- being too blunt and honest when it comes to other people -- but he's passionate when it comes to his job. He's determined to get the position as feature editor at Scribe so he could score an internship in his father's ne
Kaje Harper
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liam is a wonderful character - a journalism-obsessed nerdy college student with no life. If I had to bet, he's another character I'd say has a touch of Asperger's, as he tries to understand relationships by logical analysis, rather than emotionally. He's sweet and guarded and oblivious and organized, and unaware how lonely he is, as he tries to measure up to his father's standards. The way he works for a crumb of attention from the man tugs at the reader's heartstrings.

There is an array of sec
Alisa

Loved this one. Liam was quirky and adorkable and Quinn was just the best. *insert heart eyes* This author does such a good job with the clueless MC and the other waiting for him to figure it out. Although it's a theme she's used before this didn't feel recycled. The overall plot was entertaining and the characters in this really made it sound out. There was an interesting bunch of side characters and I'm really hoping we see books for Hunter and Jill down the road.
Sunne
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Advanced Review Copy, the book will be available on the 10th of March (and don't you forget it).

This book came to me (by the gracious Anyta Sunday as a supporting gift) at a moment when I really thought I’d be done with m/m for a while. Anyta took pity on me and gave me an Advanced Copy, not even in exchange for an honest review. Thanks a lot. What can I say; it healed me from that unbelievable notion. And I'm writing a review anyway :`)

Liam Davis is a very peculiar guy. He is blunt and to the p
Anke
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another winner for Anyta Sunday! I totally love her writing and this was another one of her distinctive voice. It took me some scenes to get into the story, but then it was unputdownable. Only my pesky RL interfered :)
It was fun following Liam's way from loner to having a circle of friends and finding love along the way. The understated writing only increased the impact.
Susan
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it

So, I’ll start by saying I found this book charming. I’m always really entertained by Anyta Sunday’s writing style. It’s a bit quirky and feels very…now (I was going to describe it as ‘contemporary’ but something about that word even feels outdated). I always enjoy reading her books.

That said, the premise of this book, the story outline itself, outshines the actual…story. And in an attempt to fill all this potential, the book actually loses it’s focus and kinda ends up all over the place.

Let me
Katharina
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had so much FUN reading this! It was easy, funny, quirky, and while the suspense part was... well not all that convincing, it was an entertaining subplot to the actual theme: having Liam find a life.

'Cause at the beginning that's what Liam is missing. He has work and his studies - and that's it. His parents are largely absent, relationships aren't really on his radar, and he has exactly one work friend.

But then, he meets Hunter. And Quinn and Shannon. Of course, Liam isn't sure what he's doin
Lori
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five big twinkling stars.

The absolutely best thing about this book - and there were lots of great things - was Liam. I absolutely adored him. He was quirky, without falling into a stereotypical clueless nerd role. He spoke his mind, was blunt but thoughtful. He was both intentionally and unintentionally funny and I want to kidnap him and bring him to England. Except I couldn't split him and his lover up. Nope, nu-huh - because they were the best couple.

The rest of the cast were nearly as wonderf
Anyta Sunday
I’m so happy to celebrate the re-release of Liam Davis today, with the fantastic new cover by Natasha Snow. It perfectly captures the light-hearted nature of the story – if you haven’t given Liam Davis a try, now’s the time ;) If you liked “Leo Loves Aries”, this one should be right up your alley.

Liam Davis & the Raven is a slow-burn, New Adult, gay romance set in college. This enemies/roommates to lovers story follows the quirky, socially awkward Liam to his HEA.
Skye Kilaen
I've read this New Adult M/M romance twice now, and enjoyed it both times. Liam, socially isolated college newspaper nerd, is rescued from an attack on campus by a mysterious vigilante known as The Raven. Cute gay jock Quinn finds Liam on the sidewalk and takes him to the hospital, after which Liam ends up investigating the Raven while his friendship with Quinn deepens.

Quinn, poor guy, spends a lot of time basically saying to Liam "I know we're friends, but the way you're acting, do you think y
Bev
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bev by: Katharina
***Re-read in preparation for the release of Marc Jillson & The Gazebo which comes out later this month. Still not happy about my lovely Hunter being paired with that doofus, but I suppose everyone is entitled to a second chance at behaving like they're an actual human being, and Jill deserves that. ***

Well done Anyta, another winner. 4.25 stars from me.

I was shocked, shocked I tell you to find an Anyta Sunday story with sex in it...it was a very welcome change hehe!! I loved this one, Liam the
Chris, the Dalek King
Liam Davis thinks he should probably get a cat. Something that will keep him company in his lonely apartment. Something that will miss him if he were to suddenly drop dead one day. Something that will…ok, it will probably not care about the whole dropping dead thing, except to regret not getting an owner with the foresight to install kitty doors. So maybe a cat is a bad idea. What Liam Davis should get is a friend. At least a friend is less likely to use your dead carcass as nibbles until some u ...more
Jenni
I’m turning into The Girl Who Cried Book. I mean, I keep finding these new favorite writers and getting all gushy over them and/or their books.

But honestly, guys! Anyta Sunday is a fun and funny breath of fresh air!

Liam Davis is trying too hard. He wants to please his dad, and he wants—no, he needs—to be successful in his position with the campus magazine in order to win the respect he thinks he deserves. He wants his editor, his peers and his dad to see him for the serious, capable writer he
Rachel
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had this one on my kindle for ages and for some strange reason just never got round to reading it. Oh how silly was I?! I should know better than to leave one of Anyta Sunday's books unread, they really are the loveliest. Quirky characters, oblivious MC and totally patient love interest, highly recommended.
Heather
May 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. Thanks to the DBML group and he Author for this opportunity!

This is a first read from this Author. I have to say I really liked Anyta Sunday's writing style. It was smooth and it pulls you in, and overall was a very easy and quick read. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

The book focuses more on the budding friendship that eventually evolves between Liam and Quinn.
I love GFY books. I love watching the moment when it click
Camille
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Rounded up to three stars.

This book read as being too cerebrally crafted to me and there was an unremitting stiffness as such. I didn't feel it, couldn't get totally involved or moved.

Taboo For You, by contrast, read as if it flowed onto the page, prompted by all heart, enjoyment and enthusiasm. Other reading and immersion flowed as such, thus. I loved every word in that book!

I could see what the writer sought to do here. I could see the outline, the plot arc, the point, the characterisations,
Tamara
I got this book as a freebie on Amazon a while ago (more than a year, I think). I tried reading it right away, but I couldn't get into it at all and I gave up not even a chapter in. I gave it another chance now because of a challenge - and I'm so glad I did!

Liam may seem mean or oblivious, but he's actually quite sweet in a roundabout way - he's blunt and he always says what he means, he doesn't say things to spare people's feelings, but you can be sure that when he says something, he means it
Kayleigh Brindley
A sweet story, I liked the comic style element but there were a few continuity errors that kept pulling me out of the story.

It was cute, but not one of my favourites by this author.
Bárbara
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had so much fun reading this...

It was thoroughly entertaining, in a way few of the books I've read before could be. If anything, I kept feeling this weird vibe... It reminded me more of my favorite comics.

It was a fun, engaging, uplifting read. I had a really great time getting to know these endearing characters, growing to care for them.

I saw the "mystery" from about a mile away, but still, it didn't really bother me that much.

I really enjoyed the "human" approach to the topics that are e
*Bohemian*
Liam, Quinn, Hunter and Shannon, I want to be your friend too! I will be rereading this book soon. Liam was such a quircky, adorably geeky journalist with a focussed yet somewhat socially awkward mind. Loved him and his view of things around him.
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
I loved this so much!!! Liam is now added to a list containing my all time favorite characters!

Review soon :)
Plainbrownwrapper
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-again-maybe
I received a review copy of this book via Goodreads' "Don't Buy My Love" program in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very sweet story, with engaging primary and secondary characters. Not perfect, but an enjoyable read.

Liam, a writer for the school news magazine, is so repressed that even his repression is repressed. He can hardly even think words related to emotions, much less admit that those emotions actually exist within him. Instead of admitting that he's lonely, he ostensibly thinks
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Another awesome BR starting on 21.04.2014, join us! 39 26 Apr 22, 2014 09:23AM

• Better Be Sure (Harrison Campus, #1)
  • Better Be True (Harrison Campus, #3)
  • Better Have Heart (Harrison Campus, #2)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Project Hero
  • Spring Strings
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Fakers
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Rare
  • Secret Admirer
  • Falling for the Geek (His Best Friend's Brother, #1)
Hey guys,

A bit about me: I'm a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.

Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.

I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM R

Love Inscribed (3 books)
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • Tyler Bentley & The Jock (Love Inscribed, #3)