Start by marking “The Spaceships of Ezekiel” as Want to Read:
The Spaceships of Ezekiel

The Spaceships of Ezekiel

Based on the Book of Ezekiel and the question of alien visitors in biblical times
Published 1974 by Corgi Books (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about The Spaceships of Ezekiel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spaceships of Ezekiel

Start your review of The Spaceships of Ezekiel
Steve Wiggins
This book had been on my shelf since my teenage years. I give it three stars for creativity. I am a former professor of Bible, open to the possibility of intelligent life in space, however, Blumrich makes a sophomore mistake of misunderstanding the prophet Ezekiel. There is no need for extraordinary circumstances to explain what Ezekiel is doing in his book. The truth is more mundane, but this little book was a fun read nevertheless. I wrote a couple of posts about it on my blog: Sects and ...more
Jennifer Linsky
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This book suffers from an audience problem. To whit, it will be of interest primarily to two groups of people: those who have faith in the bible, and those who have faith in extraterrestrials. Only one of those groups is likely to be satisfied by the conclusions Mr. Blumrich reaches.

The book is dry, reading like an engineering report. This should not surprise anyone, as Mr. Blumrich was in fact an engineer, and wrote in the style familiar to him. What is surprising is that Mr. Blumrich
Denver Michaels
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Referenced by the great ancient astronaut theorist Erich von Däniken, this book deserves a spot on the shelf for any student of the theory. Part technical manual and part Bible commentary, this classic work from the 1970s is still worth reading over 40 years later. A word of caution—if technical descriptions of machinery bore you, then this book will be a tedious and tough read.
John Tuck
Nov 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
I read this book some time ago and found it to be one of the silliest, most preposterous book I had read up until that point. I still find the book's main thesis to be one which might be made into an episode of The Simpsons or The Big Bang Theory. Pure fiction, all of them!
Paul Thompson
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

This book raised perspectives on ancient texts and history that deserve attention. Could Ezekiel actually have seen and travelled in a spaceship 's lander module? It is certainly interesting to suspend normal belief and face the challenge of, what if?
Douglas McClellan
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It makes you think about things in the past and what other things in the Bible are related to extraterrestrials
Jan Kolmas
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating
Elliott
May 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Chapter 1 contains a cutscene so dramatic and unexpected that it’s like the famous jump in 2001: A Space Odyssey where the ape throws its bone club into the air for it to become a satellite just before it would hit the ground. Blumrich starts by quoting the passages from Ezekiel in question and then all of a sudden by the end of the passage there’s a fully realized spacecraft pictured.
While Kubrick was showing the primitive club of early man becoming a satellite carrying a nuclear weapon and
Bill Rand
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Another one of my grandfather's books that came into my collection. Its interesting just to observe how someone can take a few sentences of text written in an old document and generate an entire world with technical diagrams about how Ezekiel wasn't talking to angels but aliens.
Jeremy
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting theory written by a man who has knowledge of military technologies of our flying crafts. Dating back to the 70s but of course our technologies have leaped even further than his times had.

This book breaks apart the Bible's Ezekiel story to shed light on an interpretation a bit contrary to what may be preached from any sermon. Imagine if Ezekiel's visions were that of god's "from the sky view". And also imagine if the strange creatures Ezekiel saw preceding the
David Brown
Blumrich presents an interesting theory that the angels and God as described in the book of Ezekiel are in fact a space ship and an extra terrestrial being. That Blumrich was an actual rocket scientist adds credibility to his theory. This isn't some quack expounding nonsense, he knows what he's talking about and approaches it from a scientific standpoint. However, there are two big holes in Blumrich's theory. One being that his hypothesis of the space ship is based on a design (seen on the book ...more
Matthew
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
An interesting read and a different take on the alien gods theory.

Blumrich a NASA rocket engineer takes the writing of the prophet Ezekiel and by examining the descriptions of the 'spaceships' described in them, uses his knowledge of rocket design to create a possible spaceship out of them.

It is what seem to me, as a non rocket scientist or bible scholar, a well research and easy to read examination which a very detailed appendix section which is aimed at the technically minded and explains how
Donnie Reeves
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this will make one think ----terrific author ---and scientist. I thoroughly enjoyed it---just a bit too technical at times though.
Valerie
von Daniken had very little technical knowledge of spacecraft. Blumrich did. I prefer books with diagrams. Odd, really, given that I'm not visually oriented generally.
Elentarri
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting, but rather technical.
K
Feb 22, 2013
Badger
Dec 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• City Of Flaming Shadows (The Spider, Master of Men!, #4)
  • The Last Jedi (Star Wars: Novelizations, #8)
  • Chariots of The Gods
  • A New Hope  (Star Wars: Novelizations, #4)
  • The More Than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide
  • Return of the Jedi (Star Wars: Novelizations, #6)
  • The Empire Strikes Back (Star Wars: Novelizations, #5)
  • Wings of the Black Death (The Spider, Master of Men! #3)
  • The Spider Strikes! (The Spider, Master of Men! #1)
  • Path of Destruction (Star Wars: Darth Bane, #1)
  • The Force Awakens (Star Wars: Novelizations, #7)
  • The Wheel of Death (The Spider, Master of Men! #2)
  • Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy
  • The Courtship of Princess Leia (Star Wars)
  • One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9)
  • The Gold of the Gods
  • Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2)
  • Asterix and the Picts (Asterix, #35)