Start by marking “T.E.D.” as Want to Read:
T.E.D.

T.E.D.

TIM is being bullied. No one in high school wants to be known as a tattle-tale and to do so would only make things rougher for him. The repercussions would most likely make him an outcast, and without any friends.

ERIC is frustrated with life. His parents are overbearing and if they ever knew the person he really was, they would throw him out of their house. His friends are
Paperback, First, 320 pages
Published March 14th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published February 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about T.E.D., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about T.E.D.

Nic
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
T.E.D. brings together three unique characters whose stories interweave as they face the challenges of growing up.

In some ways I was surprised by this story. For some reason I had expectations that the story would be very much focused on the experiences of dealing with being gay - I think this expectation came from the shelving of the book (on Amazon and GR) - but although the issue of coming out is very much part of this story, it is not its entirety.

The story encompasses general bullying and t
Mary Myers-Huff Barscz
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As someone who has read all of Jayson's books, this one really hit home for me. T.E.D, Ted Eric Delsin, was written from each of the boys' points of view, Tim's being first person and Eric & Delsin's being in the third. I've never read a book written like that, and I really enjoyed it.
I never give spoilers in my reviews, for the first time ever I am actually having a hard time not doing just that!
Each of these three characters was relatable, and real. I liked that this book had some darker
Tracy
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea what to expect when I started this book but was so pleasantly surprised as it is a real page turner and not a book you could put down easily.
I guess I would describe this book as a coming of age story although I feel any age group would thoroughly enjoy it!

This is a story of Three totally different boys learning to cope with the problems in each of their life's. Not only are they dealing with friendship, sexuality, bullying homophobic parents, loss, and suicidal thoughts they are a
Chutchy
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was deep. It explored so many feelings teenagers experience. Tim had a great family, supportive parents who accepted him just as he was, but he was overwhelmed at school being bullied, and with those loving parents, he didn't talk to them about it. Then there is Delsin whose parents were dicks, they fought and argues, without caring how their kids felt, bringing Delsin into it, forcing him to chose sides. And finally Eric, the bully, who had the shitiest, homophobic parents who had alr ...more
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

Three best friends. Tim, Eric and Delsin. Growing up together, inseparable. Things go wrong for apparently no reason. Now it is only Tim and Delsin.

Tim is trapped. Caught in his own fears: should he tell or not? Why is he labelled gay when he is clearly heterosexual? Why? Why? Why? He questions. He tries to find answers. Will he lose out in the end?

Eric looks in from afar, always regretting. Always in fear. Losing himself in his rage,
ScuttlebuttReviews
Review by Lily, posted on ScuttlebuttReviews

This story delves into topics including bullying, sexual harassment/ dubious consent, trouble at home, depression, suicidal thoughts, and mental health issues.

T.E.D. touched my core for many reasons, and made me cry my eyes out at times and giggle at others, but I couldn’t put it down until I finished the last page. Please do not think it is a depressing story, because there is a wonderful HEA and is skips any melodrama. This book is truly written with
Deborah Bean
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
T.E.D. by Jayson James is just WOW. This book should be required reading for all teenagers. I could feel my heart breaking for Tim. While Eric was a bully, once you learned what his home life was like and what he was struggling with, you could not help but to feel sorry for him. These characters seem real to the reader because this kind of stuff happens every day in schools across the country.
If ever the was a book that needed to be written, it was this one. This gives a bird’s eye view of the e
Andrea Helpard-mason
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow; where to start! This book was amazing and very well written. It's not my normal read; but I have to say, I absolutely loved it! It's about 3 teenage boys; all who come from somewhat different backgrounds and all have their own set of life's challenges and problems to deal with. This book will tug at your heartstrings for sure. It really lets you see the affects of how you behave and treat others makes them feel. There are so many people that could benefit from reading this book; no matter i ...more
Dawn
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Totally awesome book - different to what I usually read - but it was wonderful.

It seemed to take a while to get to know the characters, but I can see why after finishing the book that you needed to know everything about them. That said I had to keep reading once half way through, the book took turns you were not expecting and reactions from people were not who you expected to show emotion.

This was a thought provoking book, and I am so glad that I read it - I have already recommended to others to
flutterfli
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, Must Read
T.E.D. Ted, Eric, Delsin

This story follows three friends that come from extremely different families, each family having it's own demons. They each have to face the challenges of growing up, peer pressures and becoming comfortable with who they are as a person. The journey through life is not always simple, but these friends come out the other side happier and stronger.

This would be a wonderful book for teens dealing with peer pressure and questioning their sexuality.
Misty
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet and I had tears in my eyes at times. Well written and full of such loving emotions. Will be reading alot more from Jayson James. This storie truly keeps you reading from start to finish. :)
WycEd Reader
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
5 stars on the premise
3 stars on the execution.

I'm not going to nitpick, but I should mention that I read a book like an editor. Perhaps I'm more harsh than other readers, expecting more. I don't offer constructive criticism unless I connect with a story. Just by reviewing this, instead of putting a star rating on it and moving on, I'm showing that I did care for the integrity of the story.

I did read the book cover-to-cover in one sitting. Obviously, I was invested the entire way throu
Lynn Worton
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

I have not read many books in the young adult gay and lesbian genre, so when I was approached I was a little wary. However, I like to think I have an open mind, so I said yes. I am so glad that I did, because I loved it!

Tim is a wonderful character. I liked him a lot. He is a typical seventeen year old, trying to cope with more than the usual angst; he is quite sensitive and kind. Maybe a little too much,
Stephen
T.E.D. draws its title from the first initials of its three protagonists, Tim, Eric and Delsin. The three boys were the best of boyhood friends but adolescence and family problems have gotten in the way and now each is miserable and alone in his own way.

Eric is desperately trying to suppress some feelings that he has for Tim that he doesn't fully understand and that could make him an outcast. Unfortunately he's doing it by bullying Tim every chance he gets.

Tim is no one's idea of a macho man a
Angela Goodrich
What a great book! I don’t even know where to start. As a straight female who spent almost a decade in a relationship with a gay male and knowing what he went through as a teen – reconciling his sexual orientation with his religion, the gamut of reactions from his family members, and society’s treatment of him – this book elicits such strong emotions from me. Whether we want to believe it or not at the time, most teens deal with feelings of inadequacy, not fitting in, like life is never going to ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
T.E.D. is one amazing read! I mean AMAZING just simply amazing!

Can you imagine being friends with someone one day and the next not being their friend? Not only are they not your friend but they bully you and their friends bully you as well. As I was reading this book I must admit I was swearing up a storm saying I would hurt someone if they hurt or bullied my best friend and I definitely would not stop being friends with someone because my other friends said so.I mean what the hell is wrong with
Lucia
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, abuse
3.5
Christine
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christine by: Readers Choice
Shelves: ebooks, m-m-read
Not a big YA fan but this story was well written. It shows the pain and joy of teenage life. Ted, Delsin & Eric are portrayed as a bully, a victim and a advocate, all with secrets they are hiding because they are too young and afraid yet to seek help.
Lauren
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tim is in high school trying to find his place in the world and being bullied by an old friend. This is an amazing read that brings the reader into the life of Tim. Everyone at some point has been bullied, this book does hit a few sore spots. However it gives a great look into a life of depression and how if effects the person suffering and their friends and family. It also gives a look into homosexuality, and the struggle to be accepted. Great read, however if either of these topics offend you ...more
Alexsilverx
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Poorly written story with an unconvincing plot. The author fails to convey any emotions to the reader, despite there's quite a lot of drama in the book. I was also missing unique story ideas, that would make the book stand out from other books in this genre, but everything in this book is portrayed in a very general way (bullying, dysfunctional families, coming-out) without any depth.
Riina Y.T.
Nice plot idea, sadly I didn't click with the characters :(
Amanda
I will sum up my review nicley by stating this isn't my usual type of M/M book I read and it wasn't for me.
Carol E. Rich
Oct 27, 2014
Em
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Us Three (One Voice, #1)
  • Pukawiss The Outcast (The Two-spirit Chronicles, #1)
  • Safe
  • 151 Days (Tales from Foster High, #6)
  • Worth Keeping
  • Hat Trick (Hat Trick #1)
  • The Geek and His Artist
  • Pray The Gay Away (A Southern Thing, #1)
  • A Daring Ride (The Bullriders, #2)
  • Love Lessons Learned (Love Lessons Learned, #1)
  • Rounding Third
  • Guns & Hoses
  • Black Dog (Bannon's Gym, #1)
  • A Gay Romance (A Gay Series #1)
  • My Life as a Myth (Seasons of Chadham High, #1)
  • One Boy's Shadow
  • Private Display of Affection
  • Exiled to Iowa. Send Help. And Couture
Author of novels and short stories. Jayson James graduated from Western Washington University with a bachelor's degree in education. He was born and raised in Washington State, where he currently lives and teaches. Jayson's interests beyond writing include reading a variety of books, watching movies and drawing.
“What are you doing here, you fuck wad? You know he’s up their because of you.” 2 likes
“I hope you both know you mean a lot to me too.” 1 likes