Start by marking “Hello LAlaland (Lost in LAlaland)” as Want to Read:
Hello LAlaland (Lost in LAlaland)

Hello LAlaland (Lost in LAlaland)

Paparazzi, vodka cocktails, and sex. Welcome to LAlaland.

Winifred Chapman isn’t thrilled with the idea of her ten year reunion; especially not the idea of returning to LAlaland. Even in the midst of her thrilling career, she’s managed to avoid LA as often as possible, which is saying a lot for a world-renowned fashion designer. She has a life which women everywhere would e
ebook, Re-Release
Published April 1st 2014 (first published March 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hello LAlaland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hello LAlaland

Cecily Bonney
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I couldn't put this book down I had to finish it. The writing was amazing. The story line is brilliant, sexy, romantic, wonderful, and amazing. I loved all the characters.

Winifred is a strong, amazing, successful woman. She is head strong and knows exactly what she needs and doesn't need in her life. I admire this character very much. She will not let any man break her heart or come close to breaking her heart.

Anthony is so...ummmm yummy! I could read about him all day long.
Daph
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Daph by: romantics, second-time-around'ers, fans of high school drama
Shelves: romance
Because reviews are opinions, here's mine: "Hello LAlaland" is a cleanly executed book, and I liked Tony a lot. I didn't quite connect with Wini or her motives, but that's my own personal hang-ups and not a reflection on the storytelling or characterizations at all. I had a solid sense of who each character was and their motives. Wini's motives didn't make sense to ME, that's all, which probably stems from having teenage daughters at home.

Stylistically, I found this to be an odd read with large
jennifer stec
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First experience with "coffee house erotica"

This was a fun read! It was kind of a "Disney" ending to an"R" rated art film! I definitely recommend reading this story!
Lynn
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!

Hello LAlaland is the story of Winifred Chapman-Jensen (dang how she hates the reference to her married name) recently divorced, mother to little Walt and fashion designer extraordinaire attending her ten year class reunion.
Back in the city she despises, she happens to run into her high school crush, Anthony Ricci, at the airport, giving him no indication that she knows who he is. Tony (he goes by that now?) is interested and she walks away promising to call him for the "tour", swiftl
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
High school reunions are always filled with apprehension and curiosity. But when you graduated in LA, like Winifred Chapman, reunions turn into a full-on event complete with silicone women and professional athlete men. Wini has avoided any extended time in LA since graduating, having traveled the world and becoming a world-renowned fashion designer. After living through a very public divorce, Wini is no longer afraid to go home and face her high school crush again.

Former professional baseball pl
FicSisters
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hello LAlaland (Lost is LALaland), the debut novella from Madi Merek, may have published on the 1st of April, but believe us, there is nothing foolish about spending £0.77 or $1.28 of your hard-earned cash on this sexy romance.

Winifred Chapmen, a successful career woman, is lured by her ten-year high school reunion to return from New York to LA; LAlaland in her mind, as she has little regard for the majority of its inhabitants. She is a strong character, knows what she wants, from both life and
FS Meurinne
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, arc
"Received and ARC for an honest review"

I really enjoyed this story. Wini and Tony story deserved a chance. At first I was a bit reserved about the old high school reunion, but the story was flowing and I couldn't put it down, I just wished there was more into it, there's seem to be a lot more of story to this characters and would have loved to read about it in more detail, but as a light read that this story is is a good fast one to read.

I will be looking forward for whatever Madi Merek brings
Caro
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars.

I gotta say, not bad overall, but things felt like they happened way too fast.

Winnifred was all over the place and I never really connected with her. She wanted him, but she didn't; then she goes after him, then she runs away... it was too much for me.

As for Anthony, I never really got to know him. I was just told he was a great guy. And telling Winifred he loved her in like five seconds after getting together again... Yeah, he loved her from before, but come on, let her get to know
Darcysmom
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, effervescent read! Wini and Tony have fabulous chemistry and really heat up their high school reunion.
I have had the privilege of watching Madi grow as an author, and I was thrilled when she gave me an ARC to review.
Hello LAlalandIs a spicy, sweet debut novella. Because of its shorter length, you can pour yourself a refreshing drink, stretch out in your chaise lounge, and spend an enjoyable hour or two enjoying this story in its entirety.
Eryn LaPlant
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hello LAlaland is a spicy story of true love only ten years in the making. Tony and Wini were high school crushes unbeknownst to each other, but after ten years of life apart, they finally are together again reunited at their class reunion. I loved reading about Tony and Wini's story and how the grew into a beautiful love. Madi's writing was simply incredible, full of detail and angst. Her descriptions are fresh and beautiful! I cannot wait to read more from this bright, new author! Well done!
Tinsley
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great great story!

I loved every second of it. I love the plot, the characters, and hello the steamy scenes were great! I loved Wini, I mean how could you not. I think she's the person every woman wants to be with her strength and her success.

This was such a good book and I highly recommend it to everyone! Don't waste any time, get this and get absorbed into Wini's story, you're gonna LOVE it!
Valeria Vitela
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulously enchanting!

Read it all in one sitting! Although I absolutely love Wini, I'm also very fond of Tony as well. It might be because she loves him so much. Regardless, both are strong on their own but even stronger together which makes for great character development and the flow of the story. Awesome debut Madi!
JanBreesmom
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a very enjoyable quick read. Only seventy-nine pages, it kept my interest piqued. The characters were well-written and real although they inhabited a setting that was larger-than-life as members of the social elite. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.
Megan (sparklymeg)
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome debut novella from Madi Merek. A strong heroine and a sexy male lead, the perfect amount of angst, combined with some hot lovin' and a sweet HEA make for the perfect read! Well done!
Alexia Crystal
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short and straight to the romance. Loved it.
Heather
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot hot hot!
Karrie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this. I think that if Winn and Tony would've told each other how they really felt long ago, I don't think that their relationship would be what it is now.
Tracy Fritts
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Awesome job writing this story Mandi.
Courtney
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved this book! It had romance & hot sexy men, a confident woman & sexy times. What else could someone want? I enjoyed reading every second of this book. Great job Madi. Xo!
Samantha
From the book description I was hoping for more.

Winifred wasn't popular in school, she had a huge crush on a jock, and once she was done with high school set out to make something of herself. She did, she owns a clothing line, is sought after, her ex husband and her get a long extremely well and not just for their son's sake. Now a decade of being out of school, her reunion is bringing her back to LA.

Anthony was a jock, he hung out with Wini, she was his tutor, after his own way to success run
Cheyenne Stevens
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I think I would give this a 3.5, but it wouldn't let me give a half. I really enjoyed the story, however it was very quick. I wish there was more about the reunion and possibly more back story on Winn. I didn't really like her as a character, she seemed snooty. But I adored Anthony. I think it was well written and very steamy!! I would recommend for others who are into short romance/erotica books.
Chandra Gilleland lapides
Apr 13, 2014
Millie Rod
Apr 24, 2014
Michelle Lynch
Mar 31, 2014
Madi Merek
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gabby
Susana
Oct 12, 2016
Noel Bish
Aug 04, 2015
Strong Heroines: Love them or prefer the damsel in distress? 1 3 Mar 10, 2014 05:41PM
I’m a literary and historical fiction novelist—a genre buster, really. My debut will be in the world of erotica.

I’m a lover of vintage, a dreamer and creator, and I burn up the stipulations of this world.
Feminist.

I'm a country girl, trapped in the city. An erotica writer who enjoys long horseback rides on my family’s homestead in northern Colorado, ATVing through muddy creeks, fishing for rainbow
“…I had mastered my life; I was queen of my world, and letting my guard down to flirt with him was like finding a chink in the armor I’d forged with great care in the armory of my life.

But fire was always more fun than ice, and that man was beyond a doubt the flame to my frost.”

-Wini Chapman”